[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb questions general If you have a question that does not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 057Primeape.png (143 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
057Primeape.png
143 KB, 431x431
Dumb questions general

If you have a question that does not deserve its own thread, post it here instead

What's with those black rings on Primape's arms and legs?
They've always been there, but don't seem to have any purpose, don't look very organic either

This might be completely wrong, but to me they look like the cuffs on a prisoner's chain, as if to imply it has was captured but has broken out
>>
Is there a special equivalent of Foul Play or have I just been putting zeros on Sp. Atk. for nothing?
>>
>>24664373
There isn't.
>>
>>24664373
There isn't.
>>
>>24664361
You just literally made a thread for your stupid question tho
>>
>>24664379
You obviously can't read. What does the OP say?
>>
>>24664373
There is none at the moment. I can certainly see something like that showing up in the future though.
>>
>>24664361
Maybe they are to maintain his power or a type of training weights similar to DBZ clothes. Just guessing.
>>
>>24664361
He's into bondage.
>>
Every dex entry for primeape basically says he just goes apeshit most of the time. I guess you can assume the common thing for trainers to do so he doesnt fucking maul you is keep it chained down. Maybe thats why hes so pissed though, because he is being kept like shit

Heres another stupid question. How the fuck do pokemon survive in Pokeballs?
>>
>>24664484
I imagine they just go into a resting state
>>
>>24664500
Without food or water? Wouldn't their muscles atrophy?
>>
Stupod question. Why is gardevoir the best waifu?
>>
>>24664361
Breaks up the design of its arms and legs, better define its hands and feet.
>>
>>24664531
Just imagine Pokeballs as something like a stasis or cryo tube. Plus this is fiction land, so the need for food or exercise doesn't exist in stasis.
>>
>>24664484
That's actually been explained before in Pokemon. They become an actual energy source, like the one pokemon derive their power from. They sit in a resting energy state contained by the pokeball. So they almost have no time change. Literally a pokemon can sit inside a pokeball for years and never even move or age a second in its time...
>>
What common characteristics do technician pokemon share that justifies the ability from a theming perspective?
>>
>>24664801
none, really

You can't even make the argument that they need to be bipeds since persian gets it
>>
>>24664863
>>24664863
I'd argue that, excepting persian, they're bipeds with otherwise unconventional or non-traditional upper appendages or hands.
>Hitmontop is always upside down
>roserade has bouquet roses instead of hands
>scyther and scizor have claws and scythes
>Mr. Mime places its hands along an invisible wall (admittedly this is a stretch)
>ambipom has hands on its tail
>smeargle has the brush tail it holds
>kricketune has violin bows
Only Cincinno and Persian are odd ones out.

Of course using this as justification I'd expect mawile, froslass and jumpluff to have it.
>>
>>24664361
They're wrist and ankle weights. They used to be a really common tools used by boxers, runners etc to help them improve their speed and strength.
>>
>>24664386

Maybe also a form of confusion that hits with spatk
>>
>>24665619
Confusion has been around since Gen1, if the wanted something as basic as that, i think they would've done it by now
>>
File: M-Primeape.png (146 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
M-Primeape.png
146 KB, 431x431
>>24664361
Hope this helps
>>
>>24664791
How do Pokemon seem to know whats going on outside of their ball, though? Ones like wobbuffet and psyduck and stuff that always conveniently pop out of their balls instead of the trainer's chosen pokemon. Clearly they're somewhat aware of what's going on outside?
>>
>>24667568
lewd
>>
File: king-kong.jpg (123 KB, 1200x869) Image search: [Google]
king-kong.jpg
123 KB, 1200x869
I hope this answers your question OP.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.