[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most viable Super Mystery Dungeon player/partner combination?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 149759508192.png (203 KB, 565x527) Image search: [Google]
149759508192.png
203 KB, 565x527
Most viable Super Mystery Dungeon player/partner combination?
>>
It doesn't matter. You could literally pick Chikorita and Snivy and still beat the main game easily.
>>
I'm going to use Bulbasaur and Mudkip for maximum coverage. Grass, Poison, Water, Ground is pretty decent.
>>
>>24661178
Pikachu is pretty good with Thunderwave, Discharge, and Quick Attack.
Any other partner can go, but Bulbasaur is useful for status elements as well.
>>
>>24661178
Any combination is viable and you really should just go with your favorites.
>>
>>24661178
>no mons that can abuse Imprison like Vulpix in Explorers

Really any team is viable. I just miss when there were random mons you could choose like Machop and Skitty
>>
>>24661178
If I start as Pikachu will I actually be able to evolve into Raichu post game or is it gonna be stupid just because it's Pikachu?
>>
Does anyone know if agility still works like it did in Gates or if it's like the old games? If it's like the old ones, Pikachu is still the best starter. It gets Quick Attack, Agility, and Discharge.
>>
>>24661568
Pikachu got nerfed hard in gates because it learned discharge way later and speed up effects only let you move extra spaces per turn rather than attack multiple times

Axew was the op shit in gates due to double chop, focus energy and dragon dance
>>
You want to pick a Water-type leader so you can cross water-tiles.

Pikachu and Treecko are probably the best partners. Both learn Agility and Quick Attack while Treecko gets Bullet Seed which can more or less KO any foe from anywhere and Pikachu has Discharge for clearing enemies around you.

Is there anything wrong with my reasoning here? I only played the original Mystery Dungeon games so things may have changed.
>>
>>24661598
Multi hit moves are still god-tier, pikachu is good but not as retarded any more. Protect effects were still pretty laffo in GtI so I'm banking on Chespin in SMD, due to a nice movepool full of stuff like spiky shield, pin missile, leech seed, rollout, etc
>>
>>24661588
True, I double chopped my way through the whole game.
>>24661598
It depends on personal taste, but I'm going to make sure someone on my team can mega-evolve, so Treecko is pretty good.
>>
>>24661598
Can fire types walk on lava or am i misremembering something?
>>
>can't decide between Totodile & Chikorita, Totodile & Pikachu, or Mudkip & Chikorita
fuck this is going to be difficult.
>>24661638
Not that anon but
They can. Flying mons that stay in the air for their standing animation can fly over pits/lava/water as well. And ghost mons can walk through walls. Of course walking on water/lava/walls eats through your hunger gauge faster unless that was changed too.
>>
>>24661686
I remember Ghost-type being able to phase through walls but Flying and Ghost types aren't options for Starters.
>>
How gud is chesspin
>>
>>24661692
Well obviously. I was just trying to remind anon what the other types did besides water/fire.
>>
>>24661686
I don't think standing in water/lava/pits drains your hunger, m8. That's just for walls.
>>
>>24661178
I always liked Water partners. Water gun helps when we're being chased
>>
>>24661188
Grass and Water overlap a lot. Best bet is probably something like Delphox and Torterra
>>
D'ya think Chespin + Cyndaquil would be an okay combo? Chespin takes care of water and rock types that give Cyndaquil trouble, Cyndaquil takes care of other Grass-types that he wouldn't be able to punch through.
>>
>>24661178
>No Eevee
>Riolu
Why?
>>
>>24663471
I honestly believe they took out eevee just because it wouldn't know what to do in the spontaneous evolution in the Entei fight (plot spoiler)
>>
>>24661598

>tfw treecko and froakie are my favorite starters

das it mane
>>
>>24661588
>double chop, focus energy and dragon dance

I wish we still had Axew for this insanity
>>
>>24663529
How bout you spoiler that, faggot
>>
>>24663541
nah
>>
>>24663455
im doing Charmander+Chespin

it sounds like good coverage
>>
File: 1441239832580.png (315 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
1441239832580.png
315 KB, 600x392
>>24661178
>Riolu as a possible player/partner.

NOTTO THISU SHITTO AGAEN
>>
>see no Ralts
>dismiss
>>
>>24663566
salty lucario haters are the best :^)
your tears are delicious
>>
>>24661178
remember when we had good characters?
>>
File: roster.jpg (89 KB, 228x755) Image search: [Google]
roster.jpg
89 KB, 228x755
>>24663599
fug
>>
>>24661178
Pikachu - Treecko

Anyone who says otherwise are masos or sadists.
>>
>>24663601
>skitty
>meowth
>vulpix

They may as well be dead.
>>
>no Eevee

I wish Nintendo got the message when I literally skipped Time/Darkness and Gates because of lack of Eevee.
>>
Which starter pokemon learn multihit moves like bullet seed?
>>
>>24663742
Or they actually have good taste.
>>
>>24663601
>cubone

Why didn't SMD get a few nonstarters apart from pika and aura doge?
>>
>>24661178
>literally every option is a starter in the main games
>except for fucking riolu
god damn I hate that piece of shit
>>
>>24665609
I have a feeling they weren't added as interesting options, they were more viewed as filler because "Who doesn't want to play as a starter?" and now there's enough starters to not need the "filler".
>>
>>24665615
I want to see Riolu as a starter option in the Sinnoh remakes just to see how mad /vp/ gets.
>>
I always used to be Bulbasaur because status OP
Is status still OP

Also how good it Froakie relative to other water starters? Is Water Shuriken ranged?
>>
File: soda.jpg (28 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
soda.jpg
28 KB, 450x449
>>24667795
>Temporal Diamond/Spacious Pearl or whatever the fuck
>you're about to pick your Starter
>a Wild Riolu hops in
>it allows you to command it instead of taking a Starter because you're The Chosen Oneā„¢
>if you do, it becomes yours after the fight with Barry
>picking one of the usual three will lead to Riolu waiting for you as a Lucario with Lucarionite in postgame, but you still get the Mega Stone anyhow from Cynthia if you went with Riolu, and Rowan allows you to pick one of the three Starters you didn't go with
>>
>>24667822
I hate you.
>>
>>24664840
treecko
>>
Is the bandanna/bowtie each one wears signifying something like males/females or is it just random?

Can it be changed if I want Totodile with a bandanna?
>>
>>24668918
it's tied in the front for girls and in the back for boys desu senpai
>>
>>24663543
Report the edgy teenager, we got enough of them since last release
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.