[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a proper translation/adaptation of the original Red/Green
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-Green_JP_boxart.png (177 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
250px-Green_JP_boxart.png
177 KB, 250x313
Is there a proper translation/adaptation of the original Red/Green versions in English? I remember some really shitty fan translations of Green, but that's it.

Our Red/Blue are based off of the japanese Blue verison, right?
>>
>>24643255
>Is there a proper translation/adaptation of the original Red/Green versions in English? I remember some really shitty fan translations of Green, but that's it.
That's because there's literally no point, just imagine RB but with even MORE bugs and shittier sprites.
>>
>>24643255
There's a patch on Romhacking, along with a shitton of other games.
>>
>>24643255
Translation patches are out there, but honestly Pokemon was a really good localization. Not a whole ton differed between US and JP in Red/Blue, except for that one alcohol reference instead of coffee, and it wasn't that awkward of a change.

The main thing was the really shitty sprites.
>>
>>24643255
>Our Red/Blue are based off of the japanese Blue verison, right?

They're the Japanese Blue with the Pokemon location data from Japanese Red and Green put in, but the dialogue in the Japanese Blue is 99% identical to the dialogue in Japanese Red/Green. Most of the dialogue changes were to the characters that trade you Pokemon,and that was because the Pokemon they trade you were changed (which is why that one faggot in English Red/Blue says his Raichu evolved - that's Blue-exclusive dialogue that inserts the name of the Pokemon you traded him, and you didn't trade him a Raichu anymore in Blue)

Fire Red and Leaf Green are based on Red and Green, rather than Blue, so all the bits you missed out on made it in there.
The dex entries in Fire Red are also the ones from Red/Green, so they got English translations for the FR localization as well.
>>
>Original Red/Green had shittier sprites

Is this one of those things people actually believe through repetition? I'd say half of them are equal or even better than RB sprites.
>>
>>24643316
>implying they aren't all shitty

Seriously though, matter of opinion. They shared the same backsprites either way IIRC.
>>
>looking for a green translation patch
>not Chinese NES yellow
Go play that, it's actually a pretty damn good effort for a bootleg.
>>
>>24643274
>Bill's PC doesn't have a thick accent in the English translation
Fuck that shit, that was hilarious.
>>
>>24643336
Oh fuck, that was great. Reminded me of that one "joke" with the computer in Star Trek.
>>
>>24643259

You're right, there's no point in playing it however I think OP only wants play it for the novelty of it being the first game.
>>
>>24643255
>Our Red/Blue are based off of the japanese Blue verison, right?
They're based on the Red and Blue Oni of Japanese folklore.
>>
>>24643274
I guess there's also there's also Nuggets losing their double entendre, but that goes for all games.
>>
>>24643259
To be fair, bugs and shitty sprites are some of the highlights of RB for many people.
>>
>>24643503

To be fair, I think you should end your life for us.
>>
I like to think that the reason why Bulbasaur it's the most unpopular starter is because Pokémon Green was never relased to the western.
>>
>>24643497
The Japanese name for the nugget item is "kin no tama", not "kintama", anon. It's not an actual double entrende.
>>
>>24643497
Even Jynx was changed for all versions by Gen 3.
>>
>>24643399
This t b h
>>
>>24643511
>mad hoennbaby
>>
>>24643255
What kind of retarded Nigger even cares?
>>
Our Red and Blue are the Japanese Blue split into Red and Green. Some translation errors derive from this.
>>
>>24643316
Koffing's original sprite in Red and Green didn't have the skull misplacement error like Blue's sprite.

>>24643320
Satoshi Tajiri explained this in 1997. Game Freak intentionally made the back sprites that way to conserve memory. In Gold and Silver, they had double the memory available so the back sprites could finally be detailed and displayed properly.
>>
>>24643680
They're not translation errors, really, they're just translations of replacement lines from Blue.

"The (insert Pokemon traded to this person here) you traded me went and evolved" is an accurate translation of the Japanese line, it just caused trouble because them using the R/G Pokemon location data led to the guy saying "The RAICHU you traded me went and evolved" rather than "The KADABRA you traded me went and evolved" like he said in the Japanese Blue the line came from.
>>
>>24643769
>They're not translation errors, really, they're just translations of replacement lines from Blue.
But the games are equivalent to Red and Green, Anon. So they're still erroneous.
>>
>>24643782
Yeah, but they're accurately translated. It's the location data that fucks them up, not the translation.

I think that's the only line in the game that actually turns into nonsense as a result of the Blue script being used, too.
>>
>>24643791
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#Trivia
>>
>>24643794
>bulbapedia
>>
>>24643798
>I'm going to le ignore facts because muh bulbapedia maymay
>>
>>24643800
Pomf pls
>>
>>24643807
haha upvoted
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.