[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started playing pokemom and was wondering how good is the manga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 290px-Red_Adventures_Running.png (88 KB, 290x205) Image search: [Google]
290px-Red_Adventures_Running.png
88 KB, 290x205
Started playing pokemom and was wondering how good is the manga? Is it anything like the anime?
>>
>>24641123
Good luck finding everything.
Or finishing anything.
Or understanding much.
Its not talked about very much for a reason.
>>
>>24641123
Pokespe and the anime are both loose adaptations of the games. They're each their own stories, with anons that try to start discussion and others that just shitpost about it. You might like it, you might not.
>>
>>24641123
It's looks more like a actual shounen story than something for braindead kids as the Tv Anime, there's some nice quirks that distinguish it, I personally like it and it's worth of a read to know if you like it or not, as the other anon said.
If you like it, then go full on.
>>
>>24641123
In the entire manga little more than 10 pokemon and 3 humans die

So edgy
>>
I don't know what any of these guys are talking about. I love Pokemon Adventures. One break from reading it, but G/S/C and R/S are my favorite arcs. Has some darker tones at times like some death, but it's not nearly as edgy as people make it out to be. Give it a try
>>
Hardly edgy, just adopts anime cliches and shit.

Good read up until HGSS, which good luck even finding english scans of anything past HGSS
>>
>>24641123
It's not bad. A fuck of a lot better than the anime, the anime's just shit. A lot of nothing ever happens in the anime, feels like you just spend a few hours watching characters shuffle around with muh friendship bullshit, and pikachu thunderbolts -generic new evil character-'s sciencey gizmo after it captures their friendly new legendary pokemon, then the end.

One of the creators of the games, cant remember who, said that the pokemon special manga resembles the world they envisioned best, and you can see it. It takes some liberties, but it feels like it actually gives a shit about making a somewhat interesting story. Fun little read, nothing ground breaking, give it a shot.
>>
Decided to finish fire red before I started. Thanks for the help guys
>>
>>24641281
In the games both humans and pokémon die too (Kalos War, Marowak, Cyrus, Lysandre).
So, your point?
>>
the anime/Cartoon is shit now. It hasn't been good for years now
>>
http://jb2448.info/

enjoy
>>
Man I never really read manga since Pokemon's the only anime type thing I enjoy, but I remember really enjoying the GSC series.
>>
I like it a lot despite the many flaws it has. Favorite arc is probably R/S. If anyone is looking for BW, here's a link: http://www.mangareader.net/pokemon-special-black-white

you can find ORAS on lavenderscanlations website. Don't know where to find X&Y or BW2 though
>>
>>24641364
I'd rather watch a lot of fun nothing with good characters then total bullshit happenings with characters that barely have character.
>>
>>24641123
It's just your stadard generic shounenshit just read One Piece or something instead, you'll get essentially the same thing out of it, expect One Piece is better, and you won't be left hanging in the middle of the story due to no scans
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.