[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make a team based on perceived genus. You don't have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: a1QY9P6.jpg (825 KB, 2760x3300) Image search: [Google]
a1QY9P6.jpg
825 KB, 2760x3300
Make a team based on perceived genus.

You don't have to follow this cladogram
I just want to know I'm not the only one who tries to do this.
>>
>talonflame is the apex of avian evolution

TRULY, THE BRAVEST BIRD
>>
>>24641081
>but furfrou under canines
>>
>>24641111
>Carracosta is at the end rather than the beginning of chelonians
>>
File: enlarged brain group.jpg (30 KB, 729x129) Image search: [Google]
enlarged brain group.jpg
30 KB, 729x129
>>24641044
I took the liberty of thinking unbound is also in the same group. I'm fairly happy with this team.
>>
>>24641152
wait fuck I didn't notice Darmanitan was included in that group. He would make 6th if no legends allowed
>>
>>24641149
I didn't notice until now.
I should find a better cladogram
>>
>>24641162
Damn primates, always making taxonomy difficult.
>>
>>24641111
What's the problem here?
>>
>all the ghosts except gourgheist have to be in their own little section because we don't have a biological real world equivalent

I know it's silly to complain about that stuff, but come on gimme a little variety especially since they're still biological creatures. Golurk could fit somewhere in the bipedal branch.
>>
File: ZfT4UWw.jpg (2 MB, 5144x3565) Image search: [Google]
ZfT4UWw.jpg
2 MB, 5144x3565
Posting another for conversation purposes.
>>
>>24641194
>sableye is a tarsier

I get it but nope.
>>
>Alakazam (Fox)
>Mustelidae

>Mawile (Yuki-onna)
>No Hominidae

>Froslass (Futa-kuchi-onna)
>>No Hominidae
>>
>>24641044
>reuniclus line is unicellular
Pretty fucking huge cells
>>
>>24641283
I hate to use bulbapedia as reference material but maybe this is reasoning behind it.

Origin

Reuniclus and the rest of its evolutionary line seem to bear reference to cells, with the green substance surrounding their bodies resembling cytoplasm and the objects inside their bodies representing organelles. The line down its head also resembles a cleavage furrow in cell biology. It may also make allusion to the embryonary stages, specifically when the embryo is fully developed to become into a fetus, while the green jelly may represent the amniotic fluid. The way its organelles are lined up in Reuniclus's arms resemble the generic meter for volume control, most likely referencing the ability to amplify its powers. Reuniclus also has a strong resemblance to a homunculus, due to its larger ears, mouth, and hands, to represent a homunculus's ability to amplify. It may also be based partially on an amoeba, with its arms resembling pseudopods.
>>
>>24641044
>Unown, a mystical hieroglyphic probably non-lifeform thing, giving way to rock sneks
>anything being related to man made shit like Magneton and Electrode
>ghosts being related to anything and not just dead

Shit tier and I'm not even past the first few branches
>>
>>24641412
>implying voltorb is manmade
>implying voltorb's appearance is based off a pokeball and not the other way around
>implying magneton isn't a naturally occurring biological organism that predates man made "U shaped" magnets and inspired their shape and colouring
>>
>>24641423
Yeah good one, I'm sure screws are just based of Magemite's feet too? And that lore about Voltorbs being found pokeball factories doesn't mean anything?

NICE

TRY
>>
>>24641444
Voltorb is found in pokeball factories because it mistakes pokeballs as kin.
>>
>>24641194
>Ludicolo
>avian
>charizard
>under lizards and not dragons
>>
Do these retards not understand rodents, lagomorphs, treeshrews, colugos and primates share a closer ancestor with each other than with any other mammal group?

>>24641283
There are unicellular organism that can reach really big sizes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasycladales
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophyophore
>>
File: Autism.png (23 KB, 750x786) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
23 KB, 750x786
I think taxonomy in pokemon would work differently.
And it might not work like real life divergence because things like the species barrier in fertilization doesn't exist. It's more so a difference purely based on sexual compatibility.
It would make sense based on the egg groups.
For example, when a new type of reproduction appeared, there would be a divergence and certain species wouldn't be able to breed because of incompatibility.
For example union of polen with ovum in plants leads to seeds. The Grass egg group breeds like this. Meanwhile the ones in the bug group breed through internal fertilization that leads to eggs. The Paras line split when the new type of reproduction appeared, and kept both types, thus it can breed both with the ones in the Grass and the ones in the Bug group.
As for Illumise/Volbeat, they're in the Humanshape egg group, which means they might breed through either Eggs like the other Bugs, when breeding with bugs, and at the same time can breed with Humanshape pokemon which can probably reproduce through live young that develop like those of placental mammals.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.