[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the matter, /vp/? Raddit is excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14
File: leraddit.png (53 KB, 981x668) Image search: [Google]
leraddit.png
53 KB, 981x668
What's the matter, /vp/? Raddit is excited
>>
File: ilovenintendo.png (6 KB, 469x98) Image search: [Google]
ilovenintendo.png
6 KB, 469x98
>>
/r/pokemon is by far the most casual pokemon community on the internet. Of course they like it.
>>
Not surprising, these are the same people who treat GO trash as the second coming

Do they not know what a fucking emulator is?
>>
File: quill.png (142 KB, 225x259) Image search: [Google]
quill.png
142 KB, 225x259
>>24640150
>As a kid, i could never beat the originals because I thought they were too hard
Oh my fucking God, THIS kind of retardation is why Game Freak keeps making the games piss-easy
>>
File: iliterallyyelled.png (54 KB, 974x659) Image search: [Google]
iliterallyyelled.png
54 KB, 974x659
>I LITERALLY YELLED GENERAL
>>
>>24640150
Why? To replay a game old as sin with none of the features and capabilities we have now and most likely has been played 3 times already by each of them?

Hell they even got FRLG

Now they are hyped for a non-3D (effect and visual style) port of a game they can play on an emulator.

Reddit really is cancer incarnate
>>
at least someone enjoys them... i guess
>>
>>24640162
>Having a leddit account
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>There are people... who do not use emulators por moral reasons
>>
>>24640228
He doesn't have to wait. Literally the first result to "Pokémon red online" is an online version

http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_red/420
>>
It acceptable.
>>
File: TEARSOFFUCKINGJOY.png (55 KB, 995x562) Image search: [Google]
TEARSOFFUCKINGJOY.png
55 KB, 995x562
who /tearsofjoy/ here?
>>
I don't understand... yelling? Hitting the wall? Crying? Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 633x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 633x360
>>24640218
>"b-but it's x years old!"
>"they dont even profit from it!"
>>
>>
I hope it's not adults writing those cringy posts
>>
>>24640271

I don't know. I'm the biggest pokemon fan out there but this is is just meh

now, give me a pokemon historia and there you will have screaming yelling crying etc
>>
this board is full of contrarian anti-genwunners compared to every other board
>>
>>24640204
>>24640259
>this is how casual the Pokemon fanbase is
stop, anons, it's too much. What motivation would GF even have to make new mainline games when their audience is creaming themselves over being able to emulate a 20 year old game? I just hope no one at Nintendo browses Reddit.
>>
>>24640195
... Fuck it, I'll take the bait.

If you seriously believe that every single fucking kid who played Pokemon when it came out knew what they were doing, or that all of them should have been able to do it, you're expecting a fucking lot. Is it impossible to beat the games? No.

But you could make the same argument of "Oh why the fuck couldn't these casuals beat it as kids?" for any game.

And hell, even that idea is fucking stupid, because guess what? The reason developers cater to a more casual crowd is because people are starting to become not used to the challenge that old games offered, a challenge which only existed out of marketing concern and necessity for the period, and rarely an actual desire to make a challenging experience.

Look at Castlevania or Metroid for examples of old, difficult games, and you'll notice a theme: Both are hard games (At least to kids), with lots of potential backtracking. Some games like BattleToads were even unfair. This was so people would play them longer, and feel like they got their money's worth when they beat the game.

The reason behind this was that competition wasn't very steep; developers could get away with being one of a few accessible people and still selling an enjoyable albeit tough experience. Nowadays, though?

Fucking everyone has a smart phone, PC, or handheld which can play cheap or free games that offer the same entertainment value as more expensive ones. Yeah, okay, Fruit Ninja isn't fucking Pokemon. But you don't need an expensive, exclusive system to play Fruit Ninja.

That's what it comes down to: Nintendo didn't make the games easier because of idiots being unable to beat the games back then. They made the games easier because otherwise, people unaccustomed to the challenge due to the amount of developers offering NON-frustrating, or easily-accessible, experiences would be turned off and driven away.
If you think Nintendo would turn away from profit, you've got another thing coming.
>>
>>24640382
This is also how I feel. I'm scared
>>
File: 1426747149069.jpg (29 KB, 152x259) Image search: [Google]
1426747149069.jpg
29 KB, 152x259
I could emulate all three games at the same time on my several years old toaster without spending a dime, and no matter what you're playing it on RBY is still going to be dated as fuck

What is there to be excited about
>>
one guy posted that he's "definitely getting all 3." but why?
>>
>>24640322
No, this board is just autistic
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 722x349
I wish everyone with that opinion would just die instantly.

"Omg DAE letears right now? I'm throwing money at my screen, who would've thought we would be able to play a 20yo bugged, outdated and obsolete game on my 3DS?? nintendo you fucking MADMAN! TAKE MY MONEY MASUDA AND POSSESS ME ANALLY RIGHT NOW!"

Don't these retards know they can play firered in their calculators/smartphones/.....? Since the 00's, it's not even new, much less if you don't mind playing it on the pc
>>
>>24640451
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I remember the ability to trade being on the Crystal rom I downloaded on my phone. So this would even erase the "trade with my friends" feature that is seemingly the selling point of these
>>
File: 1406339031878.jpg (38 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
1406339031878.jpg
38 KB, 499x497
>>24640150
>>24640162
>>24640204
>>24640259
>>24640285
What is wrong with these people?
Why would anyone be excited about this? At least GO and le free2start are new, this shit is TWENTY YEARS OLD.
>>
>>24640488
b-but you can trade...locally
>>
>>24640200
Do you ever contribute anything worth reading
>>
>>24640435
For not getting hype over buying 20yo roms?

If that's autism then I'm proud to be one.
>>
>how dare people enjoy things!

this thread is proof that anti-genwunners are just as bad if not worse than genwunners.
>>
>>24640488
I'm picking rereleases of old games over freemium shit any day. At least I get to play it as much as I want.
>>
>>24640518
First week on /vp/?
People here hate anything connected to gen I with a burning passion.
>>
>>24640532
>At least I get to play it as much as I want.
What is emulation?
>>
>>24640518
This isn't about being an anti-genwunner you piece of shit masterb8r. I'm a genwunner, I still play it from time to time. But sucking nintendo's cock and paying for a game we already played 9000 times and available in less than 5 minutes if i want to play it again means you are the cancer that's killing the franchise.
>>
>>24640543
A good alternative for people that don't want to spend money on it. But I'm not really into the whole video game piracy stuff.
>>
>>24640514
Referring to the gen one hate, I think people paying for the R/B/Y on VC is a ridiculous idea.
>>
I would actually be excited if they only included an online multiplayer; gen I meta is fairly unique compared to later gens and many people didn't get to experience it. But this... is just not worth spending money for. Actually I'm pretty sure replacing the battery in my old Blue card would be cheaper than getting the eShop ROM. Sasuga GameFreak.
>>
File: 1440015401863.png (95 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1440015401863.png
95 KB, 320x320
>>24640150
Why aren't there gonna be anymore pokemon ranger sequels?
Fuck the originals, I can emulate this shit
>>
>>24640565
What's wrong with emulating something if you already own it?
>>
>>24640562
Then why are you here? Piss off already. it's your bedtime.
>>
>>24640518
I can see your point, but getting this excited for a port of an old game that you can emulate for free on pretty much anything deserves to be made fun of.
>>
>>24640150
Are there really people who are old enough to post on boards like these that have never played RBY during the 20 years of its existence?

There's literally people in that thread clamoring they didn't get the chance to play when it first came out but fuck they didn't play FRLG or emulate the shit on their phone? That can't be possible, can it?
>>
>>24640611
Well, you keep enabling me.
It's not your fault, you're addicted to shitposting and you just can't stop. It's really kind of sad.
>>
>>24640606
Well I supposed there isn't much.
I just think it is nice of them to add it to VC, and I don't mind spending 5-7 bucks or so on it.

Also, from what I have seen in the screenshots in this thread, the people most hyped are the ones that never played to originals, and thus never paid for it.
>>
File: Brettscab.png (70 KB, 684x1619) Image search: [Google]
Brettscab.png
70 KB, 684x1619
>>24640511
>>
>>24640709
And they don't have to. Haven't had to four 20 years, I understand the whole "support the company" thing but seriously, I doubt sales for RBY port will change anything or add anything to GameFreak's house of development. I can literally start playing RBY in less than 3 minutes right now
>>
>>24640488

They're not autistic and lonely like you are.
>>
Wow, for every bit of ridiculous hate /vp/ spews about Pokemon, Reddit spews an equal amount of ridiculous glee

I never noticed that before
>>
>>24640787
ebin burn~ :)
>>
>>24640750
I'm not so sure. You'll be surprised just how much money people are willing to throw at stuff just because it's labeled pokémon. At the very least I think it should be enough to keep them well afloat until they feel comfortable about releasing the next main game.
>>
>>24640507
You can trade in emulators too, there's an emulator specifically made for link cable functions in Game Boy games, both locally and online.
>>
File: Yin_Yang_Zekrom_and_Reshiram.png (715 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Yin_Yang_Zekrom_and_Reshiram.png
715 KB, 800x800
>>24640793
They're the opposite side of the same coin.
Yang = /vp/
Yin = Radshit
>>
File: 1380076824872.jpg (17 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1380076824872.jpg
17 KB, 480x352
>>24640150
>people getting excited over ROMs
>>
>>24640319
>pokemon historia
Could you imagine that? With artwork of all the different areas with the games, early sketches of pokemon, history of the pokemon world, and other bits of trivia. God damn, I would buy that day one, no matter the price.
>>
>>24640275
Well, they weren't

Now they will be
>>
>>24640821
I know, I was joking. it's fucking retarded
>>
>>24640511
Alomomola when I was a kid is pretty good meme I think.
>>
Wait, wait.

Lemme think of it a bit.

They are hyped because "lel i'm so hipster gotta play it on 3DS and show all my friends?"

Seriously? You can play it on emulator and, if you want to battle gen 1 showdown is only 1 click away. What the fuck? You can't even transfer the mons and is virtual game, you'll lose it soon.

You are literally paying for an emulator. Those kids are retards FOR REAL.

Well, they consider themselves "brony" and shit, so...
>>
>>24641287
Does anyone even play the Gen 1 ladder on Showdown?
>>
Jesus, redditors are retarded
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.