[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still canonically acceptable for Trainers to use corporal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 5473.jpg (27 KB, 330x250) Image search: [Google]
5473.jpg
27 KB, 330x250
Is it still canonically acceptable for Trainers to use corporal punishment and dangerous training practices, as it was in Generation I? This episode practically glamorized it.
>>
>>24637643
Not since Gen II, Team Rocket lost their whips for a reason
Although the Origins OVA did bring the concept back for the Marowak act
>>
>>24637643
I remember that this was the first episode/thing of pokémon that I've seen in my life, nostalgic.
>>
it's not anymore
only evil trainers would do that
>>
>>24637643
This was present in the DP Anime with Paul and Chimchar. But Paul used others pokémon to punish chimchar instead of a whip, though.
>>
>>24637643
I'm pretty sure it was frowned upon in that episode, too, though. Didn't Ash and co get super pissed off at him?
>>
>>24637788

Ash was pissed, but Brock seemed pretty impressed with him. The end message of the episode was essentially that he was tough, yes, but also loved and cared about his Pokémon.
>>
File: dreammbs.png (7 KB, 90x86) Image search: [Google]
dreammbs.png
7 KB, 90x86
not dangerous but y'know
>>
>anime
>canon
ayy lmao
>>
>>24637788
They did get mad, but I think the guy learned not to do that when he almost lost all his Pokémon to team rocket. Also sandchrew was into it..
>>
>>24637806

But Rocket grunts and Ace Trainers (called Cool Trainers at the time) had whips in their Generation I sprites.
>>
>>24637821
and anime is still not canon
your point?
>>
>>24637643
I don't remember him using corporal punishment. Wasn't the whip a signal whip?
>>
>>24637821
Sabrina has one in her Gen 1 sprite too
>>
>>24637822

Canon to what? The games? You could just as easily say the games aren't canon to the anime.
>>
>>24637856
games are only thing that are canon and relevant
>b-but XY anime is so good ;_;
It's not
>>
File: 858 (1).gif (318 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
858 (1).gif
318 KB, 250x309
>>24637868
It is canon
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>24637925
>this is what ashnime faggots think
>>
>>24637868
Well that depends on what you mean by canon
>>
>>24637930
>assuming I was agreeing that it was canon
>>
>>24637950
this is not hard, loser
games are first to come out, they are canon
ashnime has nothing to do with games, it is not canon
>>
>>24637960
Well now from the perspective sure, but from the perspective of an Official licensed company run source, then it is not true. Also I wouldn't go so far as to say that the animated Korean images have absolutely no sharing with the Okinawan electronic games.
>>
>>24637988
okay then, thinking like that, adventures manga is canon too
but that's too problematic thinking, now isn't it?
>>
>>24637997
>okay then, thinking like that, adventures manga is canon too
>but that's too problematic thinking, now isn't it?
I don't see a problem with that, if there's conflicting information then the games can supersede the others, but if the information is complementary to each other, I see no reason to discredit it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.