[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these games getting easier or am I getting old? The 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x560
Are these games getting easier or am I getting old?

The 3DS games felt way too damn easy. I mean, these games were never really hard in the first place.
>>
>>24637389
It's both, but mainly XY.
>>
They're definitely getting easier.

The previous games didn't hand you an exp share at the beginning of the game that overleveled your Pokemon without even needing to use them nor did they hand you free stones mid game that essentially turn your Pokemon into legendaries.
>>
Both.
>>
>strong pokemon like Bagon early in the game
>free legendaries
>free megas that are stronger than legendaries
>opponents don't use such megas
>Exp Share multiplying exp instead of just dividing
>infinite TMs
>great TMs early in the game
>opponents doesn't have good moves
>opponents have 3 underlevered pokemon at most

People will say it's because you're old though
>>
>>24637390
>>24637433
>>24637453

Well that sucks and it makes me sad.

I guess I could not use exp share and try to fight as few battles as possible to keep the levels down but this is just pissing me off that I have to think of handicaps to make the games balanced.
>>
>
>>
>>24637463
>Rival doesn't fuck you up but heals you instead
>>
>>24637474
This won't work for XY. XY assume specifically that you are using the Exp. Share with a fuck-huge rotating team as that's how Masuda sees it and everyone is him so then you become criminally underleveled. It did the trick for me in ORAS, though
>>
>>24637477

Wow, that fucking sucks.
I haven't played the remakes yet and I hoped that they wouldn't be effected by this bullshit. Fuck, gen 3 is my favorite cause they were my first pokemon games and I was looking forward to the remakes.

Man, so fucking disappointing. To be honest, kinda expected that they would fuck it up.
>>
>>24637525
That's a shitposting image from the prerelease. Don't forget a few certain things, though
>Knock Off and Arm Thrust are buffed significantly compared to Gen 3
>random trainers were always pushovers that weren't explored properly except Black Belts in XY and some Ace Trainers throughout the series
Also after the earlygame other than Norman's levels dropping a bit the game stops lowering levels, it actually caps the level 1 level higher at Steven, which normally isn't important but an NPC trainer having one level below triggered you so it might be.
>>
>>24637477
>E4 probably reduced to HG/SS levels

What is this guy talking about? HG/SS top 4 was insanely hard.
>>
File: sky pillar.jpg (62 KB, 740x272) Image search: [Google]
sky pillar.jpg
62 KB, 740x272
>>24637477
lol

>>24637525
Samefag
>>
File: 27749806.jpg (241 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
27749806.jpg
241 KB, 500x500
>>24637389
They've been taking the puzzles out of the gyms and making the caves easy to get through too. In the old games, it required a little bit of actual thought to push the rocks around with strength and pass through. Now it's just puching a square rock into a hole.

And what the fuck happened to the Safari Zone in ORAS? Was it changed/removed because it was too hard or because it wasn't politically correct? How disappointing.
>>
>>24637554
I don't get what this image is trying to prove. Wow, fuckin wild Pokemon are a bit higher leveled? Even though the main challenge of the sky pillar was the bike thing which they removed AND the level increases are moot since it's post-game rather than pre-E4 like Emerald and the exp share overleveled your pokemon anyway?

also it's hilarious because if you look at the levels for ruby/sapphire it's even HIGHER than ORAS. Claydol for example goes up to level 56 in the originals.
>>
>>24637694
>which they removed
Removed by Emerald
>b-but it was restored into postgame
Why not make going to the SUPER ANCIENT LEGENDARY a little more difficult?

>AND the level increases are moot since it's post-game rather than pre-E4 like Emerald
And Emerald keeps them that level EVEN in postgame. Pathetic.

>and the exp share overleveled your pokemon anyway
>using Exp.Share

>also it's hilarious because if you look at the levels for ruby/sapphire it's even HIGHER than ORAS. Claydol for example goes up to level 56 in the originals.
Still more difficult than Emerald.
>>
>>24637595
Safari Zone was garbage lmao
>>
>>24637753
>It was too hard so it should be removed!
>>
>>24637724
>Removed by Emerald

LOL, you ORAS fanboys are hilarious. So what's the excuse for there being no BF which was ADDED by Emerald? On top of that it wasn't in Emerald because it was pre-E4 and the player had to go through it rather than being an optional area.

These remakes are so fucking stupid that they only take stuff from Emerald when it's to its detriment.

>And Emerald keeps them that level EVEN in postgame. Pathetic.
You have no reason to go there post-game.

>>using Exp.Share
What, these games are so bad I can't even use stuff the game gives me for it to be playable?

>Still more difficult than Emerald.
Nope.
>>
>>24637724
>>24637833
You're all fucking garbage.

Emeraldfags claim to like Hoenn when they really only like the postgame
ORASfags are almost all baiters and use the worst fucking excuses
>>
>>24637833
>you ORAS fanboys are hilarious
But....it's true though?

>On top of that it wasn't in Emerald because it was pre-E4 and the player had to go through it rather than being an optional area.
Ok, and again: why couldn't they making REACHING THE LEGENDARY ANCIENT POKEMON IMPORTANT FOR THE PLOT a little more difficult? Why are you condoning this for Emerald but not RSE?

>You have no reason to go there post-game.
Great. A wasted location.

>What, these games are so bad I can't even use stuff the game gives me for it to be playable?
You didn't use it for 4 gens. Why are you forced to, now?
>>
>>24637765
>luck is difficulty

once again lmao
>>
>>24637870
for Emerald but not ORAS, i meant, fuck.
>>
>>24637870
>But....it's true though?
Yeah, but there was a REASON it was taken out. ORAS took it out just to have a shitty cutscene and to casualize the game more.

>Ok, and again: why couldn't they making REACHING THE LEGENDARY ANCIENT POKEMON IMPORTANT FOR THE PLOT a little more difficult?

Because it's mandatory. None of the games make it hard to reach a legendary if you're forced to because of the story. The harder to reach locations are for optional legendaries.

>Great. A wasted location.
Not any more wasted than the cave of origin in ORAS

>You didn't use it for 4 gens.
What? I did use it for 4 gens though.
>>
>>24637889
>Yeah, but there was a REASON it was taken out.
Casualization?

>ORAS took it out just to have a shitty cutscene and to casualize the game more.
At least you have to face higher leveled Pokemon than Emerald and fight 3 battles, unlike "go there and press A".

>Because it's mandatory. None of the games make it hard to reach a legendary if you're forced to because of the story.
You at least have to fight gauntlets of trainers or whatever before reaching them, outside the first two gens.

>Not any more wasted than the cave of origin in ORAS
You mean Cave of Origin in Emerald, right? It's useless in that game. In ORAS you use it to catch Groudon/Kyogre or, if you kill them, to try again in the postgame.

>What? I did use it for 4 gens though.
You had 5 Exp.Share active at the same time the whole game for 4 gens? How?
>>
>>24637543
He meant making Drake level 45 like Karen (for example)

He had a level 55 Salamence in RS, it would be a huge nerf.
>>
>>24637948
Ayy thanks
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.