[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that currently all of you are the Yahtzee on the right,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (333 KB, 1000x689) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333 KB, 1000x689
Reminder that currently all of you are the Yahtzee on the right, and there is a 50/50 chance that most of you will actually legitimately kill yourselves over a game not being announced yet.
You fucking retards.
>>
>>24636714
My mistake, I meant to post an edit where the left column says "new game announced" and "no new game announced". Oh well. This will also apply if a game is announced at some point anyway.
>>
>>24636714
I really don't care.
For some time now I have had much more fun getting hyped and speculating about the games than actually playing them.
>>
>>24636714
Could anything ever literally go wrong by being pessimist all the time?
>>
>>24636736
Congratulations, you fit both versions of the matrix to a T. I wonder why you didn't have fun playing the games? Maybe it's because you overhyped them like a deluded moron.
>>
>>24636739
Being pessimistic all the time fucks with your sense of drive, and people will start thinking you're a boring douchebag.
>>
>>24636739
Nope, which is why optimists try to trick you into thinking being one is bad, because they're annoyed about how many times their optimism has failed.
>>
>>24636748
I don't give two fucks about any of that.
>>
>>24636739
You'll eventually get pretty lonely since you're just sucking the energy from everyone around you.
>>
>>24636744
>I wonder why you didn't have fun playing the games? Maybe it's because you overhyped them like a deluded moron.
Maybe, but it doesn't really matter that much to me. I rarely play my pokémon games for more than two weeks anyway, so if they're great or not isn't affecting me that much since I had a good time hyping the games maybe half a year or so.
>>
>>24636778
So you're a sad little masochist that only comes here to be disappointed. Got it. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>24636778
You don't sound like a healthy person.
>>
>>24636792
nice reading comprehension
>>
>>24636714
I believe you're hiding a desire to secretly asphyxiate yourself while enjoying the usual male hobby.
>>
>>24636792
Nope, just saying that the joy of hype outweighs the possible disappointment of the games.
>>
>>24636812
There wouldn't BE any disappointment if you kept your expectations low. Are you physically diagnosed with autism?
>>
>>24636822
True. But I don't particularly enjoy being overly skeptical about the games before release. People like having fun, and where is the fun in that?
It's not like the disappointment is that huge anyway. It's not like I become bitter over longer periods of time because a game didn't quite live up to its hype, because in most cases they don't.
If anything, you are the one that sounds a bit bitter here because I'm having a good time.
>>
>>24636849
At no point did I say that some speculation isn't allowed. The problem is you're creating you own false hope and then wasting money buying a game you clearly know will disappoint you. That's not healthy at all.
>>
Why is Yahtzee the greatest reviewer in the history of mankind?
>>
>>24636873
>The problem is you're creating you own false hope and then wasting money buying a game you clearly know will disappoint you.
It's not false. I don't speculate about things that I don't think have any chance of happening. Neither is it clear that a game will disappoint me. And even if it fails to live up to my expectations, so what? I had a lot of fun speculating, and there are always other things in life to enjoy if the games aren't satisfying me over a long period. I think you're greatly exaggerating the disappointment I feel about a pokémon game not being the best thing ever.

You sound like someone that is afraid to be carried away by hope in fear that you might be disappointed in the end product. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>24636714
>don't get excited
But that sucks. Half of the fun is speculation.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 625x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 625x347
>smug self satisfaction
Or, in other words, the most powerful positive emotion that a pessimist will ever feel in his/her sad, lonely lifetime.

I'll just be over here enjoying relationships, video games, and not living my life as literally Eeyore.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.