[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why ORAS has such ugly UI? Anyone else prefers the sleek, minimalist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: xy-battle.jpg (91 KB, 404x607) Image search: [Google]
xy-battle.jpg
91 KB, 404x607
Why ORAS has such ugly UI? Anyone else prefers the sleek, minimalist XY UI?
>>
rushed game
>>
Looks like a fisher price toy desu
>>
>>24636201
Don't forget XY you can change its looks.
>>
File: menu.png (60 KB, 793x392) Image search: [Google]
menu.png
60 KB, 793x392
Also, BW's animated 3-stage menu was fucking boss
>>
>>24636201
Because they needed to add images to better convey to the hoennbabbies what those words meant
>>
>>24636211
Damn, that's ugly. Much prefer OP's tbqh.
>>
Eh, I prefer the ORAS one for HP bar. Text box would be better too if it was a plain square.

Both look like shit on the touch screen.

>>24636211
BW2 has the best battle scene.
>>
>>24636346
for some reason that pic has bw hp overlays, but bw2 everything else

bw2's ui was to bw as oras is to xy
>>
>>24636201
>sleek, minimalist XY UI
>full of colours
>some buttons are round, one is oval
>lots of pointless empty space
>unintuitive to navigate with the d-pad
I just want my four boring but perfectly functional and aesthetically inoffensive buttons back.
[Fight][Bag]
[Pokémon][Run]
>>
I don't like the show but I'm almost ok with it in general
>>
>>24636201
I like ORAS' HP bars and text boxes much more, the battle interface looks ugly as sin on both. I liked BW's more.

And also, google what minimalism is.
>>
>>24636381
If a Rpg in the 3ds (Dual Screen) didn't let you even use the touch screen for options, then it would be fucking lame.

The buttons are this way to be more intuitive to use the touch, is more easy to click in fight because of the oval shape, and the fact that it's alone in the top decreases the chance you click in "Bag" like in the original selection.

Also, the "empty spaces" are customizable in XY, so it's very nice.
>>
>>24636367
It's a RPG Maker game, but the only image I found with all the three pokeball-menu stages.

I think it was pretty cool, not sure why they dropped it for DP-style menus
>>
>>24636201
I prefer the look of the ORAS UI. XY looks way too fucking generic.
>>
too colorful to be honest
UIs shouldn't be that colorful
>>
>>24636201
I prefer the XY HP bar and Text box but I do prefer the ORAS buttons.
I miss XY's customizable backgrounds
>>
>>24636211
Gen 5 made really underrated design calls.
>>
>>24636201
Your face is an ugly UI.
>>
didn't the bottom screen used to tell you the time too?

Why would they ever get rid of this? Smash 3DS pushes the toaster of the 3ds to its limits apparently and even it has the decency to include a clock
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.