[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2014 - ORAS >2015 - nothing >2016 - a main game, probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (221 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
221 KB, 1280x720
>2014 - ORAS
>2015 - nothing
>2016 - a main game, probably Z or XZ YZ
>2017 - no main game, new nintendo portable console
>2018 - new generation on the new console

Here's muh patter /vp/. I think it's going to be like this. Nintendo will announce the NX next year, it will probably be released in 2017. I guess there might be a new 3DS game in 2017, it could be a Delta Emerald, a low effort game that you will enjoy because it has the Battle Frontier or something. If that is the case, I guess they could skip 2018 instead. Of course, they could fit in another 3 years Pokémon gen in there, but gen 5 was an exception, just like the games themselves (trying to be different, no third version, no remakes, sequel). Gen 5 exists because the DS had a huge success. Recently we got a game every year as a result of the combination of the DS being at the end of its lifetime and XY being released worldwide at the same time. BW came out a year later in Europe and the USA, while B2W2 didn't, so we wouldn't get both B2W2 and XY too close to each other.
I'm sure I'm 100% right about this no i'm not sure at all and this thread is pointless. just like what a third version at this point would be and by the way why do you want another main game right now you just got a lot of them in a row calm down and btw psmd is better anyway and you should be excited about it since there hasn't been a really, really good one in seven years or something.
>>
I'm not too knowledgeable about this stuff, do a lot of people think the next gen game will be on a different console?
>>
>>24634738
yes. the NEW 3DSXL
>>
>>24634727
They're not gonna wait till 2018 are you crazy? Fall 2017 at the latest
>>
>>24634752
That's not marketed as a new console, it's marketed as a redesign and improved model of the 3DS family. And I can't see it happening. Not enough people would actually buy it and it would make them feel ripped of when the game for the actually new console comes out. At best it gets enhanced when playing on a New 3DS.

>>24634772
Uhm... I guess that might work, since the games usually get released near the end of the year, but I still think a 2018 release might happen. They would spend a lot of time hyping it of course, since it would be the next big game.
>>
>>24634781
You're ignoring the anime. XY saga is close to the end. They can stretch it out with fillers for lets a year but they're not going to do over 2 year filler saga.
>>
>>24634788
Oh. They are already? I didn't think they were that far. Well, I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>24634727

>2013 - XY
>2014 - ORAS
>Nothing
>2016 - Z
>2017 (fall) - 2017

That's it for this generation
>>
>>24634727
Lawl
OP thinks it's going to be three years between Ash's 7th and 8th badge
You can't think that OP
stahp
>>
>>24634738
Of course it's on a different console. People are pirating 3ds games more than ever now. That alone will make Nintendo release a new handheld.
>>
>>24635945
>shitty fanfic
>relevant
Ayyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>24635989
He's right. It is relevant. They always get it along with the games.
>>
>>24635992
hahahahahaha
>this is what ashnime faggots think
Top kek
>>
>>24635992
He has a point tho. Pokemon anime isn't there for nothing. It's just another form of advertisement employed by them to promote games.
>>
>>24636005
Whoops meant for>>24635989
>>
>>24634788
It's not THAT close to end. We still have like gym, evil team, league and potential post-game GameFrontier/Decolora (may it be damned) style
especially since now we have TWO different facilities for Ash to conquer
>>
>>24634727
NX is a home console, you fucking retard.
>>
>>24634727
>3DS only having sub 30 FPS trash

Yeah, sure kiddo.
>>
>fall 2013: XY
>fall 2014: ORAS
>2015: gap year
>spring 2016: Z (OR ZX/ZY/XYZ or whatever the new Kalos game are/is)
>spring 2016: NX revelead as hybrid
>christmas 2016: NX is revelead
>fall 2017: GEN VII on NX

No other possible outcome is possible, beside GEN VII pulling a V and being a short one also on 3DS, but the anime is ending and even stretching until fall 2017 is absurd, later is impossible.
>>
The anime cannot possibly stretch out another three years.
>>
This falls down because at the very least the portable NX is going to be out this time next year.

Z for early 2016 and Gen VII on NX Portable for the end of 2017 fits too well. I'll be astonished if it's any different.
>>
>>24636484
It's going to be both. And there is going to be a new portable Nintendo console regardless.
>>
>>24634727
I see three Legends without their epic Santa hats. That's just not good enough for their awesome power.
>>
>>24634727
Gen 8 is gonna be Fall 2017.
>>
>>24636517

Yes they can stretch it until fall 2017 like Gen 3 did with the Battle Frontier arc going over a year.
Also new anime starts with new generation. We know Z is coming and it will not come this year and probably not on January or February. 2016 is reserved for Z. Releasing a new gen on the same year is dumb. No hype period and not as much marketing. Announcement of Gen 7 would fuck up the sales of Z if it does come only 1-2 months after it. Also new generation don't start at the beginning of a year, since main games really profit from the holiday season and for the most important release of a generation it would be really stupid not to release it on fall.

So fall 2017 is the most likely release date for Gen VII
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.