[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porygon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 700x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 700x715
I love the porygon line, and I'm breeding for a shiny. But I can't decide if I want to use it as porygon2 or porygon-z. Which is better /vp/?
Also thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread.
>>
Balk duck never dies. Porygon-Z is powerful but as of gen 6, other shit does it better. I say go for Porygon2.
>>
Porygon-z because stall is for faggots

And really porygon 2 isn't that good, where as z is unexpected and hits really fucking hard
>>
File: do not.png (95 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
do not.png
95 KB, 500x428
>>24634301
>porygon 2 isn't that good
>>
Porygon2 is for bulk and Porygon-Z is for sweeping, it all comes down to how your team setup is and what you'd prefer.
Personally I'd go with Z since its least expected.
>>
>>24634307
It's really not, family
>hurt by all status and hazards
>knock off, bulk is only decent without eviolite
>can't do anything to a good number of pokemon
>>
>>24634321
Neither porygon is THAT good, speaking objectively. But Porygon2 is better at walling than PorygonZ is at sweeping. PorygonZ absolutely needs a choice item to not get fucked in one hit, and it's really only worth using for Adaptability Hyper Beam which isn't gonna hit for weakness unlike P'2s ace combo of Discharge/Charge Beam and Ice Beam..
>>
>>24634325
Why not run Download and BoltBeam+HP Fire+Trick/another coverage move for amazing results?

Adaptibility Z is just a meme I feel
>>
File: baguette.gif (856 KB, 464x280) Image search: [Google]
baguette.gif
856 KB, 464x280
>>24634346
>Download and BoltBeam+HP Fire+Trick/another coverage move
You know what anon, I still like P2 better but I can't say in good conscience that that doesn't sound like a blast. I might have to try that sometime.
>>
File: novem-attack.png (208 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
novem-attack.png
208 KB, 500x437
Depends what you need, if you need a tank, 2 is your best bet, it's got amazing defences and with recover never dies. Now, if you need a glass cannon, Zed is your best choice, but he's fragile as fuck and will require assistance to really be able to put out as much power as possible, generally double screens or a sub to let him get a free hit in (unless he's up against some fuck with Hyper Voice).

2's build is fairly well known, but as for Zed I like to set him up with Adaptability, splitting EVs in Speed and SpA, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, HP Fighting, and Tri-Attack, with a Life Orb, then set him up with screens from a teammate with Light Clay, then switch him in and commence sweeping. He's quite fragile still, however, so he still gets rekt by mach punch and faster fighting types, but anything he does hit, he hits like a freight train, OHKOing a lot of enemies, and even 2HKOing a blissey after one Nasty Plot.
>>
File: tumblr_lxpbogF10C1qlpahho1_500.jpg (95 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxpbogF10C1qlpahho1_500.jpg
95 KB, 450x600
Both. They work extremely well together in doubles.
>>
>tfw Z is favorite in the line
>tfw will never see him zapping niggers in the anime
>>
File: 1428881474595.jpg (80 KB, 1024x718) Image search: [Google]
1428881474595.jpg
80 KB, 1024x718
>>24634439

I feel your pain my friend ;-;
>>
>>24634346
There are better HP types that you can run with BoltBeam, like Fighting or Ground.
>>
>>24634346
Although it's set-up bait, it's pretty fun nuking things with a Scarfed Adaptability Hyper Beam.
>>
I would cum on a porygon-z
>>
Thanks anons, i'm gonna go with pory2, I need something with some bulk.
>>
>>24634269
Both of them have their own niche, and both have multiple viable sets. Choose whatever your team need most.
>>
I found Scarfed Porygon-Z with Hyper Beam can catch people off guard in Doubles. Bring it in near the end and basically oneshot something (or even two things if you give it support)

Of course if it doesn't then its pretty much dead, so you need to be confident whatever you are aiming at can't take it
>>
>Adaptability ,Agility/NastyPlot/Tri-Attack/DarkPulse,
It's fun if you think you can find a wall to setup on.
>>
Other than porygon2, chansey, dusclops, and I'm sure there aremore famous eviolite users, what's the best user of it?
>>
>>24636773
Klang and Togetic are good
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.