[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternate starters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x281
Have you ever replaced your starter Pokemon with a bred/traded mon at the start of the game? If so, what game/what Pokemon was it and how did it work out?

My favorite time doing this was a Platinum run with Stunky as my starter. It had Toxic as an egg move which was really powerful early in the game.
I'm currently considering playing an Alpha Sapphire run with an alternate starter, but can't decide what to use.
>>
yes. I used Tirtouga in BW2 instead of the shitty unova starters. turned out fine.
>>
>>24633031
Currently doing a Pokemon Y run with a baby female Espurr. It's amazing how optimized female Meowstic's level up movepool is for offensive strategies and shit like that. Baby unbreedables having guarunteed perfect 3 IVs doesn't hurt either.

In BW and BW2, I got tired of using Unova starters, especially seeing how horrible Snivy was to maintain. Gave myself a baby Zorua and Igglybuff, respectively.
>>
>>24633031
Shiny Amaura in X during my second playthrough
>>
>>24633050
>amaura
Is an actual name, holy shit, I think I'm getting old. But it's probably my fault for nicknaming pokemon that I don't know the name of yet. Shit was a bro during my Y run, and I don';t even remember its name
>>
A while ago I had to start Emerald with an Oddish I traded with my opportunist cousin.
Not gonna lie, I ended up liking it more than the actual third gen starters.
>>
>>24633031
I've done this before. I've done Lapras as a starter multiple times, as well as Riolu, Houndour, and Tropius. Tropius was a weird starter, really OP early game.
>>
I gave myself a full team from the start and decided I would only use those Pokemon for the entire game.
It wasn't very fun, I suppose I should've expected that
>>
Only once. I decided to use Meganium in a run of Crystal once. I ended up using Raticate more.
>>
Emerald

Started with Tentacool
>>
>>24633049
>http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/audino->>24633049
>Baby unbreedables having guarunteed perfect 3 IVs doesn't hurt either
What?
>>
Black 1 and I started with Archen. I was doing a monotype rock run and it was pretty fun.
>>
Once in leaf green I chose bulbasaur and quickly replaced it with raichu and that was one of my most memorable playthroughs ever
>>
>>24634871
In XY, any pokemon in the undiscovered egg group, including baby pokemon, will have a minimum of 3 perfect IVs. In ORAS, they got rid of the baby pokemon part.

Not sure why that anon mentioned it with regards to espurr, since espurr can breed.
>>
Once I had to restart my Sapphire game twice in order to let a friend to own all three starters.

As a result, I found myself at the beginning of the game with a level 15 Numel as my starter.

It was a fun run.
>>
ooh this thread....
i did what i call a pre-set run. its like a nuzlocke run, but you cant use your starter after you catch your first pokemon, and you can only catch one pokemon of each type.
did this on SS with great success
ended up with the following:
sentret for start-bro
zubat as flying
slowpoke as water
ect.
it was fun.
>>
>>24633031
started VoltWhite2 with Finneon and i loved it, too bad that it's such a mediocre piece of junk in the real games
>>
My last x run I traded over a deino or however you spell it to have a decent challenge
It was a fun run
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.