[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When pokemon became obsessed with spreadsheets? Anyone else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
When pokemon became obsessed with spreadsheets?

Anyone else miss the simpler times of gens 1 and 2 when you just had to worry about giving them good moves?
>>
Day one, you just didn't know about those finer mechanics.

Single players you still only need to worry about good moves.
>>
>>24632970
You CAN just still play through a Pokemon game without worrying about hidden stat values.

Also, keep in mind that Gen II had some hidden competitive numbers behind it as well, so don't cite that shit.
>>
File: 1404276217128.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1404276217128.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
REMOVE IVS
>>
>>24632970
>Anyone else miss the simpler times of gens 1 when you just had to spam wrap and 2 when you just had to wall out your opponent?

Fixed.

Also, EVs and IVs always existed.
>>
>wahh I have to use my brain
>>
baka

You can still play Pokemon the exact way how you used to play it.
>>
I like EVs and Natures, which allow you to customize your Pokémon.

I'd get rid of IVs though.
>>
>>24633005
>Also, keep in mind that Gen II had some hidden competitive numbers behind it as well, so don't cite that shit.

All you had to do was fight a lot with your pokemon to max their stats, today without the right nature, EV spread, ability, IVs and egg moves they're completely unviable and will just be fodder
>>
File: talonflame.png (695 KB, 640x607) Image search: [Google]
talonflame.png
695 KB, 640x607
>>24633091
How much fun will I have? Is this Talonflame good? It's my first level 100 in Y.
>>
Miss us with this shit
>>
>>24636486
>hiding your name
are you afraid of the big bad anon
>>
>>24636486
It's pretty shit if you try going online with it.
>>
>>24633127
this desu
>>
>>24633171
You already have a method to easily modify your EV spread and even change most abilites. IVs were already a thing in Gen I, and you didn't even had breeding to increase your chances of getting a mon with good IV spread.
But I agree on natures being shit. They could remove them, things would be far easier and the meta wouldn't be dramatically changed.
>>
>>24636497
Can I get some kills at least? It knows Brave Bird, Overheat, Steel Wing (for rocks) and Tailwind, it works well in Maison
>>
>>24636521
if it wins you a trophy and earns itself an expert battler ribbon then yes, it's good enough
>>
>>24636521
you can but nobody uses talonflame without gale wings
>>
>people unironically think adding depth takes away from an experience

???
>>
>>24632970
Well who cares about the whys and the hows, whens and the cries. Just wear a Santa hat and play your game while enjoying some turkey!
>>
>>24632970

fuck off mexicunt

hidden values were always there, since gen fucking 1, and you never needed them to beat the game, and still don't.
>>
>>24637071
>mexicunt
wat

>>24637071
>hidden values were always there, since gen fucking 1, and you never needed them to beat the game, and still don't.
Who cares about beating the game? I'm talking about multiplayer.
>>
>>24636486
>hiding your name which is probably shared with millions of people
>not your id which is far more unique

every fucking time
>>
>>24637151
I agree, is pretty dumb hide your IGN, what they're thinking? Fear of being judged?
Is not like I can find your fucking house just by knowing your 3 digit name in a screenshot either.
>>
>>24637134

>when pokemon became obsessed
classic shitskin beaner grammar. you're not fooling anyone.

hidden values were always part of the meta, just because you were a stupid kid who didn't know about them doesn't mean they weren't there. you can still beat stupid kids without breeding, but if you want to compete against good players you make full use of the mechanics. this has always been the case.
>>
>>24636486
Have fun against my Ancient Power Coba Berry Exeggutor in the sun faggot.
>>
>>24637255
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Exeggutor: 270-318 (81.3 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Exeggutor in Sun: 810-954 (243.9 - 287.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Even with the berry, it should KO with a Brave Bird. And if that doesn't work out: This is only the Revengekiller-Set. SD still destroys Exeggutor.
Good luck though.
>>
>>24637318
Not that anon, but that talonflame isn't adamant nor does it have good IVs or EVs.

Also it doesn't have gale wings.
>>
>>24637329
Oh, yeah...right. I guess that Talonflame wouldn't stand a chance then.
>>
>>24637217
False equivalence. You didn't have to know those numbers to have good pokemon, now you do because they work differently.
>>
>>24637451
>Now they work differently
No, it does not. Pokemon is still just a game of "Use whatever is super effective and switch out even you think you should." The reason people are able to do all this EV/IV stuff is because of the internet. The internet allowee more and more people to have access to information EVs/IVs and learn how to utilize them IF they want to. This was not a possibility in Pokemon's early years because literally nobody knew about them. EV's/IV's are not required to beat the games and never will.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.