[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do we have to face so many trainers around the map? how the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: descarga.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
why do we have to face so many trainers around the map? how the fuck is that fun? its nothing but a pain, boredom and stupid, pokemon games needs to be more "straight" story oriented, not being forced to fight a million boring battles, also another one is the need for flash, cut, surf, it can be a pain in the ass and as a new players creates confusion and last i dont like how im forced to "explore" to see where i have to go to keep progressing

share your thoughts
>>
>>24632452
I always liked playing Pokemon, except for the play part.
>>
>>24632465
This. Why can't they just add an Auto-play feature so we don't have to play the game we bought to play.
>>
>>24632465
>>24632590
I play it for the exploration desu
battling sucks
>>
>>24632452
I just watch the videos on youtube
>>
Why do they even force us to collect pokemon? I hate pokemon. Pokemon games need to focus less on collecting those retarded little shits.
>>
File: 1422312013548.jpg (81 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1422312013548.jpg
81 KB, 1000x1000
>>24632452
They purposefully let you skip the vast majority of trainers in the game.

It's also extremely easy to cheat in pokemon, there shouldn't be any issue circumventing the designers intent with enemy placement.
>>
>>24633496
This, in order to able to pass the trainer without having to battle is to go around them. This makes it even more tricker and annoying when the trainer is looking around.

Careful planning and timing is always important when bypassing trainers.
>>
>I hate gameplay!
Back to polygon with you
>>
>>24632452
I bet you like Gen 5
>>
>>24634398
>Careful planning and timing is always important when bypassing trainers.
>careful
>just don't walk in front of them when they're looking in your direction
Truly the most challenging puzzle game of our time
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>24633338
If you play pokémon for ""exploration"", you simply shouldn't play it at all.
>>
>>24633452
>I can't play shit so I will play it in the best console: YT!
poorfag at the finest, games are made to play.
>>
>>24634452
When I was little I played it for exploration. I do all the battles and level up my teams together now, but the exploration is still my favorite part.
>>
>>24632452

So you just want story, with no gameplay? Maybe go read a book or something.
>>
>>24634494
You should play more RPGs, you can be nostalgic about it but in the truth pokémon exploration is very poor, you almost have no choice other than continue route after route (almost always very linear) with small random branches here and there that have useless items like Potions, Ethers or TMs at the best.
>>
All the trainers are so that you'll get enough experience points along your journey to level up your pokemon enough to challenge gym leaders without having to resort to grinding.
>>
I first played Pokemon right after it came out at 8 years old. None of the HMs were confusing, nor was I forced to explore to figure out where I needed to go, it was pretty obvious.

If my dumbass at 8 years old can figure that out, everyone should be able to figure it out...then again, I guess you can't OP, so that makes you more dumb than a retard.
>>
I would enjoy it more if the battles were actually interesting. I think a doubles focused campaign would help at least a little.

Recently I've just been going through games with just my starter and HM Slaves so I can get to postgame quicker (and access the actual interesting parts of Pokémon). Now I just let my sibling play the game for me.
>>
>>24634452
>Not exploring
>Not looking in every cave and route for all the hidden items
>Not catching everything that moves in order to fill up your Pokedex
>>
>>24634544

This is unfortunate but truedubscheck

Will they ever make a truly satisfying nonlinear, mostly open world pokemon game?
>>
pokemon will always be bad, same shit with slightly upgraded graphics and a few new 'quatliy of life' features that either should've been there from the get go or only exist because the core systems are shit and need to be reworked rather than tacked on to
>>
File: 1414277170435.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1414277170435.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>24633338
>I play it for the exploration
>while posting on a board that demands to know every little thing about every new region six months before the new game is even released
>>
>>24632452
Why do none of those tiny sprite characters have on tiny Santa hats?
>>
>>24637025
Not him, but I don't come to this board when spoilers for the new region are being release.
>>
>>24634465
>games are made to play
then explain Superman N64 existing.
>>
>>24634777
>Will they ever make a truly satisfying nonlinear, mostly open world pokemon game?
no, nonlinier plots never work out.

Try pokemon snap.
>>
>>24637603

This. I keep up with prerelease news, but once someone gets their hands on the actual games and starts posting actual spoilers, I stay away until I've finished the game myself.
>>
>>24634452
>I have lacked a capacity for wonder since childhood

That's all I'm hearing, pal. What do YOU play it for?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.