[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is GF/NINTENDO gonna fix injection for the next games? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: sylveonsribbons.gif (14 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
sylveonsribbons.gif
14 KB, 50x50
How is GF/NINTENDO gonna fix injection for the next games?

It kinda kills the fun about shiny Pokemon
>>
Remove multiplayer.
>>
>>24632425
how would that fix anything?
>>
>>24632417
By implementing native injection for all the salty breedfags when their different colored autismo pixels aren't worth shit anymore aside from their muh seekrit club where they rub each other's e-peens about how much time they spent looking at data on a screen
>>
>>24632471
Oh my nards, you really have it bad don't you?
>>
>>24632504
Nah, I breed too but there's breeding and there's wasting days trying to get a shiny
>Get a 5/6 IV
>Non-shiny, no problem, just pop it into the editor and literally change less than a byte of data
>Instant shiny with less effort
>>
File: zors.png (273 KB, 345x440) Image search: [Google]
zors.png
273 KB, 345x440
>>24632417
The fun from shiny pokémon was already dead before injection.

It started to die since gen 4 with Radar and Masuda, died harder with Shiny Charm, but those were at least optional, but it was already a joke in gen 6 with the STANDARD shiny chance being halved while keeping the increasing methods from the previous gens, and also new chaining methods and FS.

The only shinies I care about are the ones I found with the old 1/8192 chance, and those were all on gen 3.

Oh, if you mean competitive-perfect shinies, Instacheck/Keysav was a thing before injection. And RNG abuse was a thing in previous gens, particularly in gen 4 hatching shiny eggs was piss easy, I have an entire box of RNG'd shinies in my Pearl that I never even bothered transferring.

>le mad shiny hunter

I'm actually an active injector but even before that I could easily get shinies without genning in gen 4~6. Shinies aren't worth shit anymore and they likely won't ever be. I still have my legit shinies from gen 3 in a box and they're the only ones I care about, but of course they have shitty stats and only have any sort of value for me.
>>
>>24632520
Fine, go ahead and ruin the game for yourself you fucking cheat bastard motherfucker
>>
>>24632547
>le

Wow, you're just a total fucking faggot
>>
>>24632566
How's your first day here?
>>
>>24632578
You stop RIGHT there. Right the fuck now. And I mean the fuck right now.

You will NOT turn one of the greatest insults into a meme by misusing that to-be-properly timed insult.

Do you get me, do you understand?
>>
>>24632547
Nice rationalization for cheating fåm
>>
>>24632417
I will just update pkhex and literally inject into ORAS a perfect shiny that looks like it came from the new region
>>
>>24632417

By creating another Pokemon file that's much more complex than the current one and litigating the shit out of anyone who attempts to make a new form of PKHex for Gen VII.
>>
>>24632733
>"how new are you" is one of the greatest insults
>"how new are you" isn't already a meme
>>
>>24632823
>Literally what .ekx was supposed to be before Scires and co. took a look
>Implying they won't rehash X/Y/OR/AS pokemon file structure to "ensure stability and reduce connection issues between games"
>>
>>24632417
It's in Nintendo's court, just like flashcart.
>>
>>24632417
The only truly permanent solution to the problem would be making the game always online.

Since thats rather unrealistic they would have to remove IVs first. Dunno about the shinies though.

If thats also out of question then make some super encrypted Pokemon files that cannot be broken as easily. If 3DS piracy and emulation is of any hint this can actually work if they take the issue seriously. It's getting harder and harder to pirate handheld/console games so maybe Pokemon will also get to that point eventually.
>>
>>24633207
3DS HB dev here; they can
>Make the saves go to extdata instead of the cart| makes the saves harder to access without CFW or kernel access
>Do integrity checks and corrupt the save if it's been tampered
>Literally use game sync every time you save so the saves are basically on a cloud storage but would inconvenience offline players so I doubt they would
>Encrypted pokemon files with a general seed stored somewhere not on the cartridge itself
>Nintendo updates (current method which nets off most of the normies and inexperienced users
>>
>>24632560
But I'm having fun with minimal time investment, which you can't have because you attach value to a rare byte value that results in a Pokemon becoming ugly as fuck most of the time anyway
>>
>>24633207
>>24633243
>>24632823

this is interesting
>>
>>24632417
And hatching eggs for hours and hours is fun?
Honestly, shinies aren't even that valuable anymore anyways, since it's much easier to find them compared to the older games now.
>>
>>24633243
>>Do integrity checks and corrupt the save if it's been tampered

This is pretty good, and has been kind of implemented with secure values for digital, but yeah it's kinda inefficient and can easily be bypassed.

>>Make the saves go to extdata instead of the cart| makes the saves harder to access without CFW or kernel access

Fantasy Life does this. Can be useful when you have a sibling or something that could play on the same cart with their own save (unless pokémon ever gets multi-slot, which I doubt at this point). But otherwise it's pretty inconvenient and beats part of the purpose of having the cartridge.
>>
>>24632417
IVs, they're the real reason for injection fags. If you remove the IVs what is left is Nature (which can be obtained 100% with a Everstone) and Abilities.
The margin of error is heavily decreased, thus disencouraging the use of Hacks.
>>
I'm currently QR injecting an entire perfect pokedex so I can trade them all up to the new game and not have to worry about injecting there.
>fuck all the people using SD card injection, they're getting things done way too fast! This is why nobody appreciates my effort! I don't have brains, but I have time! Look at my effort!
>>
>>24636213
This times 100. I would absolutely breed if I didn't need to spend a month for a perfect Pokemon. IV's ruin the game for everyone except bike sim faggots and that's just because they're actually autistic. I mean I know we throw the word around a lot here, but enjoying something so boring and tedious as an act of preparation for a battle is heavily autistic.
>>
>>24636213
Fucking this. I wanna use the Pokemon I caught in the wild against others at VGC, not a god damn offspring.
>>
>>24636229
This would make wild caught shinies actually useful. I agree with this.
>>
>>24632417
We plan to hire more Doctors, that's how.

Now give that tiny cute image a Santa hat or we won't do anything with the revised health plans and let our games continue being sick.
>>
>>24636213
people have been saying this for ages but I doubt it will ever happen regardless of how much I want it to
>>
File: tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png (110 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png
110 KB, 429x410
>>24636213

/vp/ actually makes some fucking sense

What?
>>
File: bubbles.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>24637027
I'd like to think /vp is trying to get their shit together.
But, that is just a pipe dream.
>>
>>24637089
>/vp/ is one person
>/vp/ is one entity
>/vp/ all believes in one thing
>/vp/ practices only one gamestyle
>4chan is all one person + admin
>4chan is me
>4chan is you
>we are 4chan
>we are /vp/
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.