[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Showdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17
Post names, battle, and r8 teams.

fuhrerfun

play.pokemonshowdown.com
>>
>>24631997
You should probably put leftovers on that shuckle.
>>
File: horrifying.jpg (16 KB, 212x219) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.jpg
16 KB, 212x219
>>24631997
are you sub-1100 on there holy shit
>>
>>24632010
Yeah I am pretty fucking bad. trying to make a perfect team.
>>
OP, I'm legitimately worried you might have an enormous amount of brain tumors.
Please get yourself checked. also check these dubs
>>
>>24632027
just take a sample team for crying out loud. you made two faux-pas, 1 being trying to make a team when you don't know what would be best for them, the second being when you don't even know about what the threatlist is
>>
File: 1439873305194.png (82 KB, 239x229) Image search: [Google]
1439873305194.png
82 KB, 239x229
Shit I didn't realize how fucking terrible my team is. Could someone give me some tips on what pokemon to trash, stats to change, and moves to change.
>>
>>24631997
>Effect Spore
>Life Orb Shuckle
>Ingrain
>Hidden Power Water

I'm sure you've won plenty with this team.
>>
File: ELO HELLS GREATEST HITS.png (237 KB, 635x936) Image search: [Google]
ELO HELLS GREATEST HITS.png
237 KB, 635x936
alright u niggers here comes a Quality Teamâ„¢

0-200 WL ratio and 20 GXE, served me well
>>
>>24632050
>200 losses and 0 wins with that team
Bullshit. Even at 1000 ELO, that team can net wins.
>>
>>24632042
it's complete shit, just scrap all of it and start over from scratch
>>
>>24632057
true
true af
here's a team i use a lot. hidden power water zebstrika for those PESKY ground types :)
ambipom is the best pokemon to use in ou right now. nasty plot is completely unexpected and lays the fuck smack on smogon tigre :))))
shiftry is my own little innovation that i like to call.... a scooter. it breaks sashes of leads to give me an advantage at the start of the game :)))))))
>>
File: reasonable success in OU.png (174 KB, 639x958) Image search: [Google]
reasonable success in OU.png
174 KB, 639x958
still deciding between Moxie and Intimidate on Mence but this seems to be a good version of the team I've been running.

>tfw never use legendaries
>tfw beat the shit out of 900 BST faggots like Latios and shit talk the people who use them
>>
>>24632136
>PESKY ground types
fuck off ebinola
>>
>>24632157
>>tfw never use legendaries

Am I a fag if I use zapdos? I love zapdos and I feel most people do. Please tell me zapdos is ok.
>>
File: HAH.png (142 KB, 341x327) Image search: [Google]
HAH.png
142 KB, 341x327
>>24632159
whoops lmao
>>
>>24632174
use as many legendaries as you want honestly
don't let /vp/ vapids tell you that you can't use legendaries

to answer your question on zapdos, it hasn't been relevant since megamence ou but imo it's pretty fucking epic in uu
>>
>>24632157
Do you realize salamence and latios have the same bst?
>>
OP here
Fixed my team a bit, but I can't think of any other pokemon to add, please give reccomendations
Is it still a shit?
>>
>>24631997
Good bait.

>>24632050
Bad bait.

>>24632136
>see Kyurem-B
Now we're getting som-
>see moves
Absolute madman.

>>24632157
What are you even doing? The Scizor and Gastrodon are good though.

To all of you, if you want to build a successful team, you base it around 1 or 2 Pokemon you really want to use. The rest of the team is there to support and cover the shortcomings of the first 1/2. You also want hazard management, meaning a Defogger or Spinner, and a Stealth Rocker. Some teams may not need hazard management, but it depends on the goal of your team and what it can do as well as how fast it can do it. For now, just stick with a hazard manager.

The most reliable hazard mons are Excadrill and Starmie, since they're spinners who can usually dispatch the main OU spinblocker/Ghost, Gengar, easily.

I consistently use Excadrill in my top teams because I like its dual use as a sweeper/wallbreaker. Not to mention, it mostly comes in for free on Klefki and T-Wave Clefable. Bulky Starmie is nice if you have a problem with the likes of Mega Metagross.

After you decide that, something valuable is a status absorber or cleric (Heal Bell/Aromatherapy support). Try to have one on your team so your whole team doesn't get crippled. Clefable, Sylveon, Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, and Suicune are good examples for that role.

A good team could look like:
- Ace [Feraligatr]
- Hazard Setter [Hippowdon]
- Hazard Clearer [Excadrill]
- Cleric [Clefable]
- Pivot [Tornadus-Therian]
- Stallbreaker [Mega Medicham]
>>
File: BUTTON.png (203 KB, 639x953) Image search: [Google]
BUTTON.png
203 KB, 639x953
BUTTON
>>
>>24632238
>actually giving teambuilding instructions
>in ORAS
senpai, you could literally just throw a team together and get to 1600 if you understand the basics because the metas are so shit
>>
>>24632226
This looks like someone making a team but intentionally avoiding smogon to be unique

>>24632238
>Stallbreaker [Mega Medicham]
>completely walled by the pokemon on every stall team
Yes it breaks many walls but if mega Medicham is your stall breaker you will lose to every stall team
>>
>>24632226
yes
first of all what the fuck is that mgarde it's fucking AWFUL
if you're using mgarde you want to be using hyper voice as your fairy STAB, because pixilate makes it fairy and makes it hit hard af
try this
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

i dont use conk very much, but try this:
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch/Knock
- Poison Jab/Stone Edge
pick your filler to pack things for dragons/fairies/volc etc.

Noivern is also pretty poor in OU, that set is also fucking AWFUL
imo you should use latios:
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
if you wanted to surprise the fuck out of heatran you could run hasty and replace HP Fire with EQ

and on a team like this you should honestly be running techniloom:
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb

jimml if you're fucking rusing me again i will shit memes all over you

>>24632260
>actually giving teambuilding instructions
>to /vp/
fixed to be honest
>>
>>24632280
thanks for fixing that for me ebinola ;^)
>>
File: ROCKS EVERYWHERE.png (195 KB, 646x961) Image search: [Google]
ROCKS EVERYWHERE.png
195 KB, 646x961
Made this using the most recent stats.
>>
>>24632260
You don't speak for everyone. One could probably get to 1200s with absolute dogshit, but 1300s is tryhard territory, so you either already know what you're doing or adjust your team if you make it past there. And if you're straight up stealing a successful team instead of making it from scratch, no shit it'll do well.

>>24632266
It's just a term for hard-hitters. Mew is another Pokemon that holds the title of stallbreaker on teams, but it gets walled by Mega Sableye as well. Slowbro and Mew also stop Mega Medicham, but on average it will blow through most Pokemon trying to wall it.

>>24632280
Well yeah, just because everyone else is either too shit or too lazy to do it doesn't mean I shouldn't offer advice where I can while I'm able. The meta isn't even that bad nowadays -- the only 'problem' Pokemon are Hoopa-U and Manaphy and maybe Mega Charizard Y. Everything else has a wide variety of answers.
>>
>>24632296
ou the team. it's alright
>>
>>24632296
I told you to fix it last time and I see you didn't bother. Use the damage calculator or Smogon pages instead of just copying straight from the stats without knowing how they function, since all your sets are mismatched with the appropriate spreads.
>>
>>24632310
>I told you to fix it last time and I see you didn't bother.
Probably because I don't know you.
>>
>>24632226
>wake up slap breloom
>boomburst/agility noivern
>ice punch and moonblast on gardevoir

fucking what
>>
>>24632330
You don't know anyone here yet you come asking for advice a second time without adjustments from the first.
>>
>>24632299
Stallbreakers are so called because they beat stall. The term you're thinking of is Wallbreaker
>>
>>24632349
Dude, I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Also you're pretty fucking blind since it's obvious I didn't ask for advice.
>>
File: Stallbreaker Mew.jpg (130 KB, 543x869) Image search: [Google]
Stallbreaker Mew.jpg
130 KB, 543x869
>>24632355
I hope this clarifies things. I know what you're talking about in terms of actual functionality, but there's no such thing as a true stallbreaker, i.e. beats every single type of stall.
>>
Fuck I think I made an ok team.
>inb4 wtf slobro
I thought he would be a good stall. If he is honestly that bad then go ahead and yell.
>>
>>24632378
>multiple types of stall
you really just have to break M-Sableye and/or chansey and the team just starts to fall apart
>>
File: rmt2.png (156 KB, 479x686) Image search: [Google]
rmt2.png
156 KB, 479x686
>>
>>24632384
Sorry about the image having weird spacing
>>
>>24632367
You posted in a thread about rating teams. But don't worry, I saw that you posted in the OU the team thread trying to get attention for your conglomeration. I understand now you're just meming.
>>
File: crab style.webm (3 MB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
crab style.webm
3 MB, 1280x540
>>24632384
>flamethrower flame body boid
>with charcoal
>and max speed
>and missing EVs
>own tempo slowbro without slack off or scald
>still trying to use Conkeldurr in this meta and it doesn't even have guts
>rock tomb breloom

???
>>
>>24632404
>damage control
>>
>>24632392
Debatable, in the end, since they can carry alternate win conditions like Crocune or CM Clefable. But the original point that there is no true stallbreaker still stands, so stallbreaker is just a term for shutting down typical walls securely. It's usually anything really strong or that can run both Taunt/Sub and a recovery move.
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292237197

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292238071

I definitely am seeing an improvment in my team. Will fix my talonflame and slowbro
>>
Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

swole.jpg (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

berd (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Cloyster @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Skill Link
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Explosion
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam

r8 m8 op here please h8
>>
>>24632551
trash conk and cloyster
sash on loom
max speed timid on mgard
what the fuck is that talonflame, just use the sd set
>>
>>24632551
Breloom good
Latios good
Gardevoir good but you should jump the Speed up to either 164 (1 over base 80 neutral max speed) or 176 (1 over base 70 plus max speed)
Conkeldurr should have Knock Off and/or Mach Punch for utility. You can drop Fire Punch although I guess it surprises Scizor. Interesting set I suppose.
Talonflame should be Adamant or Jolly. Don't use Flamethrower. Try throwing Roost and/or Swords Dance on there.
Cloyster is interesting, but you don't need Ice Beam. If anything, make it Hydro Pump/Surf or go Adamant with Razor Shell. Rock Blast is also a valuable move.
>>
File: 1406917565972.jpg (8 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
1406917565972.jpg
8 KB, 250x191
Rate my ou team tho

Equinox (Venusaur) (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Solstice (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Damocles (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Damascus (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Kenmore (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Vega (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
>>
>>24632874
>Knock Off Mega Venu
My nigga.

Rest of the team looks solid. Finally someone who knows what he's doing. And you even have a split defenses Rotom-W to better handle LO Torn-T. Good stuff.

I'd say your main problem is hazard clearing, since you have a Talonflame. Not sure what you'd replace though, since everything there serves a purpose.
>>
>>24632174
>Am I a fag if I use zapdos?

Yes but Zapdos is a really cool mon

All legendaries that aren't inherently trash like Articuno make you a giant fucking faggot should you even touch them in competitive play

>>24632214
>Do you realize salamence and latios have the same bst?

Do you realize that
- Latios has its stats minmaxed into special defense, special attack, and speed instead of giving up bulk and speed for mixed attacking stats no one ever uses
- Latios can spam the shit out of le meteor
- Latios isn't weak to pebbles
- Latios has a unique typing and better movepool

>>24632238
>What are you even doing?

Attempt to set up Salamence as my win condition, otherwise pound on weaknesses with Scizor/Manectric. Gardevoir is really good at taking on things like cancerplanes, Heatran, Mega Fighting types and Conkhurrdurr as well. Everything covers another's weakness.

Blissey is just tacked on as a nice special wall who pukes up rocks for me
>>
>>24632953
Latios unique typing is actually a curse, you know?
The only advantage is fucking psyshock
>>
>>24632953
But I use Mixed Salamence in UU. It's special attack isn't shit and it helps take down physically defensive stuff like Forretress.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

If anything, Slamence is a min-maxed Dragonite. Dragonite just gets used more because it has a broken ability. The only other pokemon with Multiscale is Lugia, one of the best walls in the game, and Multiscale is at least partially the reason why.
>>
>>24632953
Ok so if your end game is Salamence, you should replace Manectric with Magnezone and make Gardevoir your Mega. Mega Gardevoir and Salamence put tremendous pressure on the opponent to bring out their Steel types. Not to mention, Magnezone can come in on T-Wave Clef as a nice pivot.

I'd say don't use Scarf Magnezone, but just max Speed with either Sub/Leftovers or an offense-boosting item.

Blissey needs to be changed to defensive, since offense will be doing shit. Or replace it with a Chansey. Either way, its damaging move should be Seismic Toss. Also, you should get a hazard clearer, like Starmie. Maybe replace Gastrodon with bulky Starmie, teching T-Wave.
>>
>>24632980
this
>shat on by Tyranitar, Hoopa and Bisharp
>Gengar is a 50/50
>completely incapable of breaking sabeleye
>scizor and beedrill can det if not outright kill it coming it
>all in exchange for doing slightly more damage to chansey

It's a miracle it managed to stay in OU when Mandibuzz and Aegislash were around, too
>>
>>24632953
You were complaining about latios' high bst while using a dragon with the same bst.

The only bad things about salamence are the meh 100 speed and lack of good flying stab. Having high mixed stats gives it more options because it can be physical, mixed, or even special (but that's also meh). Yes Latios gets to "spam" Draco meteor but it can also give a free turn for a powerful fairy to come in. Salamence also gets Draco meteor and the special attack stat of latias. Psychic typing gives it extra weaknesses to knock off, pursuit, and uturn. I would also say salamence has the better movepool because although latios gets psyshock, salamence gets fire blast (a move latios would kill for) and can deal severe damage to fairies with iron tail coming from its higher attack stat. Latios can't even do a good dragon dance set like salamence. Yes Latios is generally better but you make it sound like it's tough to beat just because it's "legendary"
>>
I use suggested pokemon sets given by people on the popular Showderp threads on /vp/, 4chan, and I do pretty well in high ladder. Requesting some help to know why people take this game so seriously. Any ideas?
>>
>>24633266
/thread
>>
>>24632257
>That Talonflame
So close...
Change WoW to Tailwind and that shit is viable. Heracross and Darmanitan at +2 speed are deadly.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.