[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORAS were good games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 1447279971327.jpg (76 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1447279971327.jpg
76 KB, 653x590
ORAS were good games.
>>
They were.

They lacked stuff but they were far better than XY so I'm satisfied.
>>
>>24631963
truly the opinion of a frogposter
>>
>>24631968
>they were far better than XY
ebin
>>
>>24631987
They were
>>
>>24631987
>liking unfinished games

How are those Pokemon with less than four moves turning out for you?
>>
None of the mainline games are bad
>>
>>24632006
>easier
>uglier
>boring
yeah, SO much better

>>24632011
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>24631963
Obviously. Among the higher tier games in the series, desu, and the best remakes so far.
>>
>>24632006
daily reminder that ORAS didn't even have all the XY features
>>
>>24632026
Not really. In XY they tried to give you literally everything. Here's a second starter, here's a trained Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, here's a Mega Stone even though you don't really know what it is, here's a Lapras, here's a Farfetched that can win you the gym, here's a Steelix for a fucking Luvdisc, here's a fossilmon, here's a Eevee, here's your own Berry Field, here's ANOTHER starter

Literally didn't have to work for anything.

Then you have the three stooges following your every move and the rival with zero personality.

Then you get the ability to ride Pokemon yet they are stuck to three routes and barely do anything with them

The entire evil team was forgettable besides Lysandre. Most people can't even name the four Admin girls. Missed potential with Malva and her relation to Team Flare.

The Gym Leaders are forgettable as sin, almost as bad as the Johto or Sinnoh Gym Leaders . Same for the Elite Four, especially Diantha who is the epitome of pointless and forgettable.

The battle system evolved greatly which is XY's saving grace, as well as the abundance of Wi-Fi related features, and Super Training and Pokémon Amie. Skating is fun too.

3D Models for none of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, or even the fucking Champion is just terrible.

The lack of things to do afterward the League is also disappointing. Bringing the Bird trio back was odd.

XY didn't suck but compared to ORAS they were pretty bad.
>>
>>24631963
only contrarians and edgelords would say the opposite or butthurt unova aborts because can't accept almost every title is better than their fanfic
>>
>>24632149
nice blog
thanks for the biased and sunjective opinions states as facts, sure they are worthy of anything
>>
File: 1376307212408.png (88 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1376307212408.png
88 KB, 320x287
>>24632149
literally all your complaints also apply to ORAS except the forgettable characters and that's only because they've already been around for years.

XY was forgivable because it was actually the start of a new gen and it introduced a fuckload of shit. ORAS was a REMAKE yet it still had stuff like subpar post-game content and it didn't even have all the features XY had for fuck's sake
>>
>>24632149
>Not really. In XY they tried to give you literally everything. Here's a second starter, here's a trained Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, here's a Mega Stone even though you don't really know what it is, here's a Lapras, here's a Farfetched that can win you the gym, here's a Steelix for a fucking Luvdisc, here's a fossilmon, here's a Eevee, here's your own Berry Field, here's ANOTHER starter
They kind of did that in ORAS too though. Just with way more Mega Stones available early. Replace second starter with free Lati, replace Lapras with Cosplay Pikachu, replace Farfetch'd with Makuhita and replace ANOTHER starter with shiny Beldum
>Literally didn't have to work for anything.
Neither do you in ORAS?
>Then you get the ability to ride Pokemon yet they are stuck to three routes and barely do anything with them
Kind of how I feel about soaring
>The entire evil team was forgettable besides Lysandre.
Lysandre and Xerosic were great. Some of my favorite grunt designs too. I agree the other scientists were bland.
>Sinnoh Gym Leaders .
Kind of wondering about this one. Sinnoh had probably the most memorable gym leaders. Well I do remember gen I gym leaders better but that's purely for nostalgia.
>3D Models for none of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, or even the fucking Champion is just terrible.
I actually much prefer the 2D art to the 3D intros
>The lack of things to do afterward the League is also disappointing.
That's true for ORAS as well. At least Maison was new in XY.
>Bringing the Bird trio back was odd.
Yes, because ORAS didn't have a shitton of legendaries there just because lol hoopa did it
>>
>>24632176
except gen 5 was better then every gen.
come back when you have a good game.
>>
>>24632184
That's what you call an argument, faggot.

>>24632188
Nope. ORAS takes advantage of riding Pokémon like Pokemon Ranger did with Soaring. Then shit like Surfing and Diving is made better with Kyogre, Lapras, Wailmer, etc.

And even if they have been around for years doesn't mean they can't be forgettable. The Johto Gym Leaders are forgettable, very, and they have been around for over 15 years.

They don't spam Gift mons to you in ORAS. You get more starters postgame. Literally onky gift mons you get during the main game is Lati@s and Pikachu.

The evil team members spring up contantly so i never forget they exist and their relationahips are actually developed. The rivals arent boring character that are there just to be there and both actually develop.

Gym Leaders and Elite Four still don't have 3D models but the CHAMPION does.

There are actually things to do in ORAS post game.

Sorry that you didnt get your skating and trainer customization in ORAS
>>
>>24632242
the other five generations games that aren't the fifth generation? done, wasn't that hard.
>>
>>24632241
>>24632149
You guys shouldn't count tradeabke Pokemon as Gift mons.

XY's gift mons were Kanto starters, Lucario, Lapras, Fossil, and Torchic

ORAS's gift mons were Beldum, Lati,and Pikachu
>>
>>24632149
B-But if they didn't do that, kids would move on to smartphone games.
>>
>>24632241
>Sinnoh Gym Leaders

I can't even remember the last time someone mentioned Roark, Byron, or any of the females if it isn't a waifu thread
>>
>>24632263
Fossil barely counts tough, you still have to go revive them. Only difference is that yo can skip picking up the fossil in ORAS but not in XY.

Also you're forgetting Castform.
>>
>>24632279
Byron is pretty often mentioned in gym leader threads actually. I don't think you have looked very well then.
>any of the females if it isn't a waifu thread
That's kind of true for all female gym leaders though.
>>
>>24632241
>That's true for ORAS as well.
No it's not. Peopl always say this and it is dead wrong.

With XY you get Lookr quest, Maison, Chateau, legendary quest, and...?

With ORAS you get Pokemon Contests, Secret Base, Maison, Episode Delta, Legendaries, Trick House and rematches
>>
>>24632293
People always forget ORAS has Trainer Rematches
>>
>>24632293
>Trick House
Don't even mention it. I was so excited to visit that place again and they nerfed it.
>>24632298
And somehow they manages to fuck up gym leader rematches.
>>
>>24631963
While I'm on the topic of learning about new things on the internet. Old for you, new for me. Take it easy though, kids, I'm from the days of AOL. I asked in another thread about another pokemon meme I'm very distant about.

What exactly is this frog face individual and why do so many people use it? Many use it with ,'Reeeee,'. I can't help but think this is the same as the 'OMG' from AOL's chatroom days. 3.0 if any of you are old enough to remember. 1.0 if you're from the floppy disk era and e-machines.

Anyhow.

What precisely is this creature and why do you use it? Why has the word meme and popular opinion of a word mostly dead to the usual conversation become livened again?

What brings kids today to make these images into something spectacular on the internet? I just don't understand. But thanks for helping me to. It really helps me to understand your world and my grandsons.
>>
>>24632320
His name is Pepe and is used for shitposting.
>>
File: le exotic merchant.jpg (66 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
le exotic merchant.jpg
66 KB, 300x450
>>24632293
>gen 6 contests
>every random gets rematches except gym leaders
top next game shilling from game freak, they know the fandom will buy whatever they intentionally delay while they are busy getting rid off mandatory and simple content from the first titles on purpose
>>
>>24632346
What was wrong with Gen 6 contests? Aren't they the same just with Megas?
>>
>>24632149
Chill the fuck out. XY and ORAS were both great and I'm sick of people complaining about free shit. Oh my nards, you people are the worst.
>>
>>24632351
according to fags they """""""""""""casualized""""""""""""" them just becasue you can max your stats instead of being fucked by rng
>>
>>24632351
they didn't keep the original attack effects for example, said this at least they aren't as annoying as gen 4 ones with the dressing and shit or even worse those pointless poke musicals from gen 5
>>
>>24632352
When you are constantly given something without doing anything for it, it gets annoying. I don't feel a sense of accomplishment.

Things like completing the dex and getting the plaque is how it should be. In ORAS you have to defeat the Elite Four two more times with them using their Mega Pokemon if you want to get the other region starters.
>>
>>24632351
taking away the berry mixing game
even if it still existed it wouldn't matter since you can now feed your pokémon infinite pokeblocks
also no online contests, what the actual fuck
>>
>>24632386
Even though I feel it wasn't worth it, getting Platinum Rank in the Secret Bases and being awarded Garchompite felt really good
>>
>>24632245
>The Johto Gym Leaders are forgettable
Not any more than the Hoenn gym leaders.

>The evil team members spring up contantly
So does Team Flare.

>The rivals arent boring character that are there just to be there
They're just as uninteresting. May still has a shitty ass team and unlike the XY rivals they weren't involved at all with the game's story climax.

>They don't spam Gift mons to you in ORAS.
It's the same number as XY. In XY you get Kanto starter, Lucario, and Lapras. In ORAS you get a fucking LEGENDARY WITH a mega stone, a Pikachu that can cheese every contest, a Castform, and a mega stone for your starter. In fact I think it's actually worse in ORAS because at least XY didn't hand you a fucking legendary mid-game.

>Gym Leaders and Elite Four still don't have 3D models but the CHAMPION does
And XY has 3D models for the team flare admins while ORAS doesn't for the team aqua/magma admins. I don't see your point.

>There are actually things to do in ORAS post game.
ORAS post game is just as shit as XY's. Wow instead of Looker shit I get Rayquaza shit. Wow I can travel to these RNG tiny maps that make it a hassle to get TMs. Wow I can go to these randumb legendary locations because they were too lazy to actually design dedicated maps for them. It's barely anything.
>>
>>24631963
They were good and enjoyable but still not AS good as say HGSS. Those set the bar for Pokemon remakes insanely high to be honest.
>>
>>24632412
>Not any more than the Hoenn gym leaders
When was the last time someone talked about any Johto leader besides Clair?
>>
>>24632457
All Johto female gym leaders are fairly often mentioned for their shitty attitude when it comes to their gym leader status.

Only reason Hoenn leaders are talked about now is because they're part of the latest games, and they aren't even talked that much about any longer either.
>>
>>24632412
>Not any more than the Hoenn gym leaders
I heavily doubt it

>So does Team Flare
Yeah, the Grunts. Each Admin appears a grand total of one time before the final battle at HQ.

>They're just as uninteresting
Not really. Wally actually had a story and development as well as May/Brendan. Both of their final battles close up their stories nicely and May/Brendan are more involved in the plot of the villains than the XY rivals who only join near the end of Team Flare's story. Wally and May/Brendan are also involved in the post game story so they aren't dismissed as soon as the main game is over like the XY rivals. Hell Shauna just stays outside your house doing nothing, and Tierno and Trevor are just thrown into some random location.

>It's the same number as XY
I agree

>I don't see your point
The point is obviously that unimportant characters get 3D models while the important ones don't.

>It's barely anything
It's more than XY, which was the point.
>>
File: 1153519-hgss_morty_art.png (77 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
1153519-hgss_morty_art.png
77 KB, 282x400
>>24632412
I don't knoiw what world you live in but the Johto leaders are VERY forgettable. I just tried to name all of them and the ones I got were Clair, Whitney, Jasmine, and Bugsy

Legit thought pic related was a DA fakemon character
>>
>>24632573
It pains me how drastically different Morty looks compared to how he looked in GSC
>>
>>24632486
>Only reason Hoenn leaders are talked about now is because they're part of the latest games,
Or because most of /VP/ that aren't genwunners started with RSE and recognize them more
>>
>>24632626
That's a big ass.
>>
>>24632573
It's subjective. Any set of Gym Leaders can be considered forgettable. For me personally I can recall all the leaders from Gen 2.
>>
>>24632630
UUUU
>>
>>24632592
Yes, his redesign was pretty shit, it's not Sabrina level of shit but still pretty shit.

I loved Blaine's quite drastic redesign though.
>>
>>24632573
>bloody ripped scarf

What a fag
>>
>>24632636
gad DAYUM

sauce?
>>
>>24632654
Sabrina's redesign was great. Fuck you.
>>
>>24632678
she became a generic whitetrash
in other words a slut
>>
>>24632149

>Johto
>Forgettable

Motherfucker, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, what about them is forgetful? Are you an old fuck who has shitty memory?

Falkner is easy as sin, Bugsy's Scyther was scary as hell. Whitney's Milktank was scary, Morty's Gengar would fuck you up, Chuck was easy, Jasmine's Steelix would destroy your cunt, Pryce's Piloswine could be problematic at times, and my god was Clair's Kingdra a fucking monster.

Some of the Sinnoh leaders were cool, but I admit were fairly forgettable. I liked Volkner, Gardna(sp?), Candice, and the Steel leader (Fair point about being forgettable.)
>>
>>24632245
>table. The Johto Gym Leaders are forgettable, very, and they have been around for over 15 years.
Sorry that your nigger brain can't remember shit that's been out for awhile.
>>
>>24632287
>Misty
>>
>>24631963
>remakes
>the pokemon available in each area aren't updated.
>>
>>24631963
>stating the obvious
>>
>>24633192
None of what you said relates in any way to them being forgettable or not. Just cuz you like them doesn't mean they aren't borderline literally who's.
>>
>>24633192
>what about them is forgetful?
They did absolutely nothing which is why I don't remember. I said originally Sinnoh and Johto Gym Leaders are forgettable.
>>
>>24633192
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina
Maylene
Crasher Wake
Byron
Candice
Volkner

Aaron
Bertha
Flint
Lucian

Cynthia
>>
I laugh every time someone confuses him for Lucian
>>
>>24632678
Oh yeah tank top and jeans totally scream stoic psychic type gym leader
>>
>>24634229
I would honestly forget this guy exists if it weren't for Adventures
>>
>>24634290
gyms leaders don't always have to be in your face about what type they use
>>
>>24632149
>3D Models for none of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, or even the fucking Champion is just terrible.
I prefer Sugimori art.

Also the Emma postgame arc was great.
>>
>>24631968
>They lacked stuff but they were far better than XY

No they weren't, not even close.
>>
>>24631963
yes they are
>>
File: 1436658640284.jpg (145 KB, 966x817) Image search: [Google]
1436658640284.jpg
145 KB, 966x817
>>24631963
I thought they were alright
>>
>>24631963
Not really.
>>
File: 1445613920787.jpg (43 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1445613920787.jpg
43 KB, 512x288
>>24632242
>>
>>24634290
She hit the club scene

>>24632688
Not a bad thing
>>
File: 1435853233389.jpg (30 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
1435853233389.jpg
30 KB, 200x211
>>24633192
>Gardna(sp?)
>>
>>24634290
>stoic
Your headcanon nigga.
>>
Wait, why did people hate ORAS?
>>
>>24631963
this bitch ass nigga looks the real MVP
>>
>>24631963

Agree.

>muh RNG Frontier
>muh Emerald features
>>
They were, but they weren't as good as they could've been.
>>
>>24635777
>I don't like a thing so it shouldn't exist!
>who cares that we got inferior remakes!
>implying RS was better than emerald
>>
>>24635829

>>I don't like a thing so it shouldn't exist!

didn't say that

>>who cares that we got inferior remakes!

the remakes are far better than the original R/S

>>implying RS was better than emerald

didn't say that, they aren't

Emerald>ORAS>RS
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.