[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the anime start going down hill for you. For me it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 8
File: 1447215453608.png (105 KB, 605x379) Image search: [Google]
1447215453608.png
105 KB, 605x379
When did the anime start going down hill for you.
For me it was at some point during advance,
I liked May, but I think that it was when I realized that Ash would never learn ANYTHING.
>>
>>24629212
Soon after Johto saga started. It was so booooooring. It got better with AG arc
>>
It was always shit
>>
when I got standards in anime
>b-but XY is good ;_;
no it isn't, sugar coated shit is still shit
>>
>>24629212
It started going downhil during BW. Everything before that was watchable, and had good moments. BW jumped off a cliff.
>>
>>24629212
Its for nipponese kids so the formula they use for Ash works obviously. Nothings wrong with it its just for kids you idiots.
>>
>>24629212
Also during Adv for me, when I was watching Team Rocket fail to steal the rat for the millionth time in the Lotad episode with some stupid giant robot and it was just too predictable.

It had lost the mystery and creepiness to me that were present in old episodes like Sabrina, Ghost of Maiden's Peak that had uniqueness.

But I watched the clip of XY with Serena cutting hair that was pretty powerful to me even though I don't keep up
>>
>>24629360
It'd be cool if they made an adult anime, but making it would put them at risk of losing the older audience.

Maybe they should make something dumb like Transformers that's PG-13 but actually for kids
>>
>>24629212
When Indigo League ended.

That episode with krabby evolving in the middle of the battle still one of my favorites.
>>
>>24629360
There is no universal rule that says that everything made for children has to be shit for adults.
Unfortunately the writers of the pokémon anime don't know this.
>>
I stopped watching all animu a long time ago.
>>
File: JLUpromo.jpg (79 KB, 424x605) Image search: [Google]
JLUpromo.jpg
79 KB, 424x605
>>24629897
>There is no universal rule that says that everything made for children has to be shit for adults.
Pic related.

Anyway, I stopped watching when I was kid around Johto, because the filler was just too much.
>>
>>24629212
Sometime during AG. Ash leaving all his pokémon behind for no reason, that's when it hit me that the series refuse to make any real progression.

I do however occasionally watch some gym battles and league battles for the animation still though.
>>
I stopped during Advance as well. By the time I finally gave up.
>>
All the Genwunners in the comments section are giving me Cancebolaids. After 4Kids lost the rights to the anime, I think Cartoon Network picked it up & did a decent job. Diamond & Pearl is meh, Battle Dimensions is catchy, Galactic Battles kicks major ass, Sinnoh League Victors is awesome, and I love Black & White, especially Rival Destinies. The anime nowadays isn't bad at all, XY is my favorite mainstream anime as of now. I love the battles in the anime, Ash's Pokémon kick ass (especially Frogadier & Hawlucha), Serena & Clemont are funny characters with more personality than Tsundere Misty, "No need to worry" Dawn, "ur such a keed" Iris, and May (I love all the PokéGals, but they were somewhat bland). No one can replace Brock, but Clemont does a good job as an interesting character. The theme songs are great, but Sinnoh is the highlight of the entire anime.

Paul is easily Ash's best rival. Gary was comedic & had fun to him, but Paul was like Silver, my favorite rival in the games. He develops as a character as Ash faces him, and after losing so often, it feels awesome to see Ash beat him in the Pokémon League. Another thing I like was how smart Ash was in the anime. In the Pokémon League, there was legit strategy in it, and yes, Ash's other Pokes played an important role, not just Pikachu (Score one for Ash, minus one for Red! Ha!). His Buizel, Gliscor, Staraptor, Torterra, and Infernape all played roles. All the Genwunners saying Sinnoh & afterwards sucks probably are nostalgia blinded, because the original anime wasn't that great. It's aged tremendously. Not as bad as the actual games (Jesus Christ no, at least the show is still enjoyable and not one of the worst RPGs of all time), but bad as in... not up to snuff. It's a sad day to see people hate on the anime just because it's after 4Kids lost their rights...
>>
File: 1391655056557.png (13 KB, 214x271) Image search: [Google]
1391655056557.png
13 KB, 214x271
>>24629212
Everything between Orange League and Battle Frontier was garbage. It got better with the Battle Frontier and Sinnoh, but took a nosedive into garbage right after.

Kalos is making a desperate attempt at quality again, but all that shitty Lucario/Mega pandering turned me off of it.
>>
>>24629212
I find this confusing. AG and DP were when the ashnime was acceptable. Not good, but acceptable.
>>
>>24630326
>ashnime
>>
>>24629897
It's not shit for adults, it's just some adults find it shit while other adults don't.
>>
>>24630040
>Ash leaving all his pokémon behind for no reason
He said he wanted to start over and be how it was when he first started his journey. The reason he left Charizard and his other Kantomons behind was because he brought them along to Johto and there was no challenge. He was literally steam rolling and found no satisfaction out of not having a challenge.
>>
>>24630337
If you're goal is to be the very best then you don't limit yourself in those tracks.
>>
>>24630347
So you'd rather he brought his old team to Hoenn and released them of a regular basis to free up team space for new captures, like what happened in Johto?
>>
>>24630330
everytime ashnime fag gets triggered by this word
it's glorious
>>
>>24630355
No, the anime was never perfect.
I want him to train his good pokémon for more than one season, and you know, actually getting better.
>>
>>24630367
>ashnime
>>
>>24630368
But they need to market the new Pokemon. Having him leave his old team with Oak at the start of each region is a hell of a lot better a solution than awkwardly writing his old mons out of his team to make space for new captures. No one liked it when Johto did it like that.
>>
File: 1410194500044.jpg (147 KB, 1284x1057) Image search: [Google]
1410194500044.jpg
147 KB, 1284x1057
>>24630370
ashnime
>>
>>24630382
>ashnime
>>
>>24630379
Which is why Ash himself is part of the problem.
However he is marketable and I'm sure they won't let go of him.
Which is again why I have completely given up on the anime.
>>
>>24630379
>But they need to market the new Pokemon
And there's the problem. The anime is just a commercial for the games, which is why things like Ash's bond with Greninja being stronger than his one with Pikachu happen.
>>
>>24630389
A different character wouldn't use Ash's old team either. What are you even asking for here?
>>
>>24630389
I think that's part of them problem is always using the same protagonist. Look at Super Sentai. It's been around forever, and is as formulaic as it comes. But they change up the cast and gimmick every new season.
>>
>>24630389
Good, it's not for you. It's for little kids who like to watch other kids or childish characters as well as monsters fight and explosions with jokes thrown into the mix. It's what you call, action shonen.
>>
>>24630395
No, finish Ash story, so he actually makes some progress.
Then pick a new protagonist to market the new pokémon.

It would make the show much more enjoyable.
>>
>>24630404
It would literally be the same thing, except you'd be less attached to the characters and you'd never see the older Pokemon again.
>>
>>24629353
BW season 1 is great for me, there is many creative stories surrounding certain pokémon. But BW season 2 is really crap for me, I can't stand all the meloetta trash.
>>
>>24630404
It'd make the show worse. We've gone 20 years with these Pokemon and characters Ash has met and if we get someone new, we won't see them again. Fuck that.

And I like how Ash is in XY. XY is very enjoyable as not only do I get Ash but also Alain. Best of both worlds imo
>>
>>24630409
Not really. It would let characters actually mature and get a conclusion.
> except you'd be less attached to the characters
Not if you write a quality show. Several anime are only ~12 episodes and have memorable characters.
>you'd never see the older Pokemon again.
Not a huge problem since they're story is finished. Cherish the memories instead of dragging it into the ground. But I suppose some could make some cameos.

Of course, this would require them to actually make quality stories and characters. Which is more expensive than what we have now and thus will never happen.
>>
File: pkmn vageta death sad.jpg (30 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
pkmn vageta death sad.jpg
30 KB, 500x309
Its probably already been said before but the anime officially went downhill for me when I realized they "reset" Ash's mind and pikachu's level after each and every region he visits.

BRB KO a Latio's then 3 episodes later gets KO'ed by a fucking snivy

BRB ash looking up a fuckin koffing in his pokedex as if he's never seen it before even though he fought against James's koffing in every episode for the first, oh I don't know 150 episodes of the first season.
>>
>>24630428
>I realized they "reset" Ash's mind and pikachu's level after each and every region he visits.
You mean BW? Because that only happened once.
>>
>>24630422
Then just pretend each gen has different characters and they're all named Ash or something? The show is written the way it is, the fact that the protagonist doesn't change isn't a major factor in that.
>>
>>24630421
>We've gone 20 years with these Pokemon and characters Ash has met and if we get someone new, we won't see them again. Fuck that.
Good shows are supposed to end, and yeah you might feel a bit hollow afterwards but it gets better.
>>
>>24630428
It always amuses me that people that bitch about Ash "failing to remember Koffing" almost always fail to remember that Koffing evolved 30 episodes into the show.
>>
>>24630440
>The show is written the way it is, the fact that the protagonist doesn't change isn't a major factor in that.
It's far from the only problem but it sure as hell doesn't help. I see zero reasons to be invested in Ash's quest.
>>
>>24630460
>>24630428
He didn't forget Koffing. He dexed it for the kids that don't know. That's the purpose of dexing.
>>
>>24630504
>I see zero reasons to be invested in Ash's quest.
This. Since we all know he'll lose the league, what's the point?
>>
>>24630511
How do we know he'll lose?
>>
>>24630521
Put two and two together anon.
What will he do if he wins?
>>
>>24630510
I know. I was just pointing out that the people bitching about how he supposedly forgot it usually themselves forgot that he didn't actually see one as often as they misremembered.
>>
>>24630529
Compete in the Champion League?
Challenge the Elite Four?
Lose to Diantha or whoever Z Champion is?
>>
>>24630529
Lose against the Elite Four and go to the next region, obviously?
>>
>>24630531
>>24630532
That would work for maybe one region before it reaches the same problems as now.
>>
It never started going downhill, it always sucked and got stale after a while.
>>
>>24630542
Of course, which is why many people think XY is Ash's last journey. XY ends during the 20th anniversary of the anime, m8.
>>
>>24630550
Many people always think the current journey is the last journey.
Well, maybe except during BW.
>>
>>24630550
>XY ends during the 20th anniversary of the anime, m8.
Proofs?
>>
>>24629212
Somewhere in Hoenn. I really enjoyed since BW again though.
>>
>>24630554
Gen 7 is in 2017 which is the 20th anniversary of the anime?
>>
>>24630542
So would everything.
If they replaced the MC every gen, you'd watch gen after gen of some new kid you know will win the Pokemon League, beat the Elite Four and Champion, then get replaced by some new kid, which would get even more tiresome.

As long as Gamefreak still makes the game plots be "8 gyms, then league, also some evil team along the way" the anime formula isn't going to diverge from that, no matter if they replace Ash or not.
>>
>>24630553
Johto, Sinnoh, and XY are the only ones I can remember people actually thinking the journey would end. Sinnoh especially since it legitimatelly did look like such, until Tobias.
>>
>>24630550
Every journey is always supposed to be the "last journey", even as far as Season 1.

It's never going to end. It's too profitable a commercial
>>
>>24630572
Not really.
>>
>>24630565
If they replaced the MC every gen, you'd watch gen after gen of some new kid you know will win the Pokemon League, beat the Elite Four and Champion, then get replaced by some new kid, which would get even more tiresome.
Those are only the barebones. If you're a decent writer you can put tons of interesting plots in-between the gyms. It's not like there isn't room for that.
Besides, every character wouldn't need to win the league. Some could lose.
>>
>>24630577
Every single one of those points have nothing to do with whether or not the main character is replaced or not.
>>
>>24630581
Not really. The main problem with keeping the same main character is that they get resets every journey. Maybe not completely hard ones like in BW, but definitely resets.
>>
>>24629212
It was tiresome to watch Jhoto so I realized there was no point in watching something boring.

And I'm glad since Ash ended up going nowhere.

>>24630335
The adults who dont have shit taste

>>24629360
>Its for nipponese kids so the formula they use for Ash works obviously. Nothings wrong with it its just for kids you idiots.
>Its for kids
>so it has to be shit!!!!!
That's not how it works. And I wouldnt put kids through the pain of watching the hero they root for lose pathetically and forcing them to grow out of it without getting a proper closure.
>>
>>24630595
Not really. Only time Ash was reset was BW. Really.
>>
>>24630618
That's your opinion.
>>
>>24630379
>But they need to market the new Pokemon.
You can do it without having the same character acting retarded.

>>24630409
>except you'd be less attached to the characters and you'd never see the older Pokemon again.
I'd be more attached to a character if I know he'll get some progress. I got attached to characters whose stories ended.

Why do you think people hate sequels?

>older pokemon
The old characters can return for cameos(like they do with the girls) and the older mons still exist.

>>24630421
>It'd make the show worse. We've gone 20 years with these Pokemon and characters Ash has met and if we get someone new, we won't see them again. Fuck that.
The only constants are Ash and Pikachu,maybe Oak and Delia, everyone else rotates.
>>
>>24630440
>Then just pretend each gen has different characters and they're all named Ash or something? The show is written the way it is, the fact that the protagonist doesn't change isn't a major factor in that.
That's how Doctor Who is written.

That's not how Ash is written, you just invent that to feel good about liking shit.

>>24630521
Well, there's a precedent. Not that people like you can see that.
>>
>>24630624
He has had soft resets all the time. There is no reason he should lose to new trainers early on.
Pikachu is even worse with its resets.
>>
>>24630651
So your argument is basically, muh patterns? Because that is what it is sounding like.
>>
>>24630565
>what is super sentai/kamen rider/pretty cure/yugioh/etc
>what is fucking pokespe

>>24630581
If the character were the same he should improve each season so he can't lose.

>>24630629
what is
>>
>>24630659
>He has had soft resets all the time. There is no reason he should lose to new trainers early on.
So BW?
>>
>>24630662
Yeah, how is it wrong?
>>
>>24630659
Only time he lost to a new trainer was Best Wishes
>>
>>24630677
Because patterns break? You should have known this when Ash didn't catch a Grass-type starter, let alone a Grass-type at all
>>
>>24630695
>Because patterns break?
If they wanted to break the patterns they would have done that already.

>You should have known this when Ash didn't catch a Grass-type starter, let alone a Grass-type at all
WOW MAN SO INNOVATIVE

See? This is why this shit is still going on, anime fans just take anything as a big change so they don't really need to make actual change.

Besides, even if Ash wins the league, his character can't be saved at this point.
>>
The anime started to go downhill around the early/mid portions of Johto, as that's when the tedious fillers started coming in full force and it became obvious Misty and Brock weren't going to go through any development in the series.

Even when Johto was airing for the first time everyone noticed it was a noticeable step down from Kanto/Orange Islands in terms of writing and pacing.
>>
>>24630667
>>24630687
They might not be new trainers but they are people Ash's Pikachu should have no problem beating with his experience. Like Norman early in AG. And more recently with Pikachu losing to Viola's fucking Surskit.
>>
>>24630709
>If they wanted to break the patterns they would have done that already.
No, they would have waited for the right time.
>>
>>24630754
>No, they would have waited for the right time.
So Kanto or Jhoto? Ash didnt win those.
>>
>>24630734
Norman was the 5th Gym Leader and Pikachu wasn't "OMG LVL 100" back then.

And the things you idiots who don't actually watch say are ridiculous. It lost to Surskit due to the ice. A lot of Ash's Pokemon have lost due to ice fields. Pikachu took control of the ice in the rematch and took Surskit out like it was nothing, but neither of them were prepared for the ice, and Ash said that immediately after he lost. He went into the battle not thinking straight, just wanting to win and due to that he fucked up and didn't plan for anything.
>>
>>24630757
Those weren't the right times. Maybe in your opinion, but not the writers. Pokemon got unexpectadly popular towards the end of Kanto, no way the writers were going to end it there.
>>
Pikachu losing has to happen or else it would just steamroll through all its battles. I don't mind Pikachu's power fluctuating.
>>
>>24630768
There's no order to the gym leaders, that's just a gameplay mechanic.

Viola went hard on Ash because she knew this was an experienced Trainer, not some random fuck that got his first Pokemon a week ago. That should've been clear when she and Grant fought each other with what was clearly their aces at the Chateau.
>>
>>24630775
>Maybe in your opinion, but not the writers.
>writers
please dont insult actual writers, either say "writers" or "the people who make the scripts for each episode"

>Pokemon got unexpectadly popular towards the end of Kanto, no way the writers were going to end it there.

There's so much wrong with this

First, Ash winning the league isnt necesarilly an ending. Red in pokespe won the league and kept appearing, he was even one of the MCs in the FRLG arc.

Secondly, ok, he lost Kanto, that's fine, its unexpected. He then won a filler league and lost in Jhoto? Come on, though at least he got closure on his rivarly with Gary.

But fucking Hoenn? that's bullshit. In fact, you say that he'll win this time because of the 20th anniversary, bit the 10th anniversary came in Gen 3 so,if anything, that had to be the right time both in-universe and in a meta way. So no, there's no "right time" for them.

There's no "master plan" behind this show. If you like it that's fine but dont go around implying its good because it isnt.
>>
>>24630787
>There's no order to the gym leaders
Norman told Ash to come back after he's collected more badges, so even if there isn't any order, Gym Leaders obviously do consider challenges based on the skill level of trainers.

Hell Clemont's robot told Ash to come back after collecting four badges.
>>
>>24630787
Also, it was mentioned that Valerie only used her Trick Room tactic against veteran trainers. Ash is still struggling against the Gym leaders because they're not going as easy on him as they do on newbies.
>>
It was always pretty bad, but I stopped caring around the beginning of johto. XY made it watchable again.
>>
>>24630801
No, he told Ash to come back after he caught more Pokemon, since battles at his gym were 3-on-3 and Ash showed up with just Pikachu.
The "come back after you have more badges" thing is what he says in the game.
>>
File: 1447220636263.jpg (58 KB, 438x494) Image search: [Google]
1447220636263.jpg
58 KB, 438x494
>>24630798
>please dont insult actual writers, either say "writers" or "the people who make the scripts for each episode"
So you want me to still call them writers even though you don't think they are writers?

>Red in Pokespe
The manga and the anime aren't related. And even then, he won the league and went to train, which isn't Ash's goal. Red didn't even go on to become Champion. He just won the league and quit.

>He then won a filler league and lost in Jhoto?
That filler league had 4 Gym Leaders and then instantly fight the champion, it's not the same as other leagues.

>But fucking Hoenn? that's bullshit
What was bullshit about it? Please explain.

>bit the 10th anniversary came in Gen 3
And he won the Battle Frontier, Elite Four-tier trainers and was offered to become a Frontier Brain.

>If you like it that's fine but dont go around implying its good because it isnt

Fuck off you faggot. Whether or not the show is good is strictly your opinion and obviously a lot of people think the show is good which is why they give good comments on it and get hyped about it. If you don't like it, that's cool, but shitting on people and trying so hard to convey your dislike for the show is just ignorant and makes you look like a tryhard.
>>
>>24630836
>The manga and the anime aren't related.
I say it as a precedent, why do people always think that every mention of the manga implies its canon?

> And even then, he won the league and went to train, which isn't Ash's goal.
So? I just said that Red continued to do shit, not that Ash should do the literal same thing.

>That filler league had 4 Gym Leaders and then instantly fight the champion, it's not the same as other leagues.
That only proves my point further, if that league doesnt count then he should have at least won in Jhoto. Thanks though.

>What was bullshit about it? Please explain.
Already did, losing Kanto is acceptable because its unexpected, losing Jhoto is kinda jarring but he at least got a closure to Gary, losing Hoenn after two leagues of experience makes no sense.
As you said, Orange islands doesnt count.

>And he won the Battle Frontier, Elite Four-tier trainers and was offered to become a Frontier Brain.
Which happened 10 years ago and is meaningless since he never showed being elite four level after that. Not to mention that it wasnt, you know, the actual pokemon league which is the driving thread each season.

>Fuck off you faggot. Whether or not the show is good is strictly your opinion and obviously a lot of people think the show is good which is why they give good comments on it and get hyped about it.
>le opinion card

> If you don't like it, that's cool, but shitting on people and trying so hard to convey your dislike for the show is just ignorant and makes you look like a tryhard.
But you are the one who doesnt allow people to hate on the show, not me. You already have a fucking general that you dont use.
>>
File: 1444533613011.png (2 KB, 238x161) Image search: [Google]
1444533613011.png
2 KB, 238x161
>>24630879
>why do people always think that every mention of the manga implies its canon?
Nothing in my sentence said anything about canon.

>So? I just said that Red continued to do shit, not that Ash should do the literal same thing.
He went to Mt. Silver and trained. Only thing he participated in after winning was fighting off Team Rocket.

>Already did, losing Kanto is acceptable because its unexpected, losing Jhoto is kinda jarring but he at least got a closure to Gary, losing Hoenn after two leagues of experience makes no sense.
What does experience at other Leagues have to do with anything? He was fighting with mostly unevolved Pokemon, against some Pokemon he didn't know about, and against legitimately experienced trainers that weren't just a series of rivals he's fought during his journey.

>As you said, Orange islands doesnt count.
When did I say that? I said it's different from other leagues because it's just gym leaders then Champion. Do you have bad reading comprehension?

>Which happened 10 years ago and is meaningless since he never showed being elite four level after that.
Sinnoh took right after that, and he was a pretty impressive trainer in Sinnoh, so yeah. His first lost after the BF was against Gary and his Electivire.

>Not to mention that it wasnt, you know, the actual pokemon league which is the driving thread each season.
And? The Pokemon League isn't the only way to decide strong trainers. And iirc Agatha, an Elite Four, was the one to encourage Ash to compete in the Battle Frontier.

>le opinion card
>no argument

>But you are the one who doesnt allow people to hate on the show, not me
How? Who am I to stop you from hating on the show? How have I stopped you from hating on the show? What have I said that has stopped you from hating on the show?

Nothing. Fuck off.
>>
>>24630940
>Nothing in my sentence said anything about canon.

>He went to Mt. Silver and trained. Only thing he participated in after winning was fighting off Team Rocket.
So he did shit, yeah.

>What does experience at other Leagues have to do with anything?
One would expect a person who plays an rpg to know the value of experience.

>He was fighting with mostly unevolved Pokemon
So he was retarded.

>against some Pokemon he didn't know about, and against legitimately experienced trainers that weren't just a series of rivals he's fought during his journey.
If he were good that shouldnt matter.

>Sinnoh took right after that, and he was a pretty impressive trainer in Sinnoh, so yeah.
And he lost in Sinnoh, yeah.

>His first lost after the BF was against Gary and his Electivire.
So he got worse?

>And? The Pokemon League isn't the only way to decide strong trainers.
It's the one they focus the most during the season, are you sure you watched the show?

>How? Who am I to stop you from hating on the show? How have I stopped you from hating on the show? What have I said that has stopped you from hating on the show?
Ditto for me with you liking it....which has nothing to do with what we're discussing.

Seriously, you either havent replied to any of my points or outright proved me right.
>>
>>24630984
Which has nothing to do with if the manga is canon or not

>So he did shit, yeah
Not really.

>One would expect a person who plays an rpg to know the value of experience
What can you get out of experience in a League? Know that there are strong trainers and to expect impressive strategies? Because that's it.

>So he was retarded
He's been doing that since the beginning and has been successful with it seeing how his Pikachu beat a Latios and a Regice

>If he were good that shouldn't matter
Old strategies are null when you're against new opponents. One would expect a person who plays an rpg to know this.

You don't go into 6th gen expecting your weather team to perform as well as it did in 5th gen

>And he lost in Sinnoh, yeah
And?

>So he got worse?
Seeing how Gary was Ash's level at the end of Johto, and obviously wasn't sitting on his ass the entire time during AG seeing how he has a fully trained Electivire, I'd say Gary is just better

>Ditto for me with you liking it....which has nothing to do with what we're discussing.
Then why did you bring it up in the first place?

>Seriously, you either havent replied to any of my points or outright proved me right.
I have. It's just that your reading comprehension is shit.
>>
Now that the show has taken a shounen turn I wonder if the fans will act just as obnoxious as Narutards and try to force it on anyone, or if they will still release that most people think it is shit and have it as a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>24631026
The haters are surely as cancerous as the Naruto ones
>>
>>24631024
>Which has nothing to do with if the manga is canon or not
It has to do with it being related or expecting them to be the same. You can'¡t be this dense.

>Not really.
>He went to Mt. Silver and trained. Only thing he participated in after winning was fighting off Team Rocket.

>What can you get out of experience in a League? Know that there are strong trainers and to expect impressive strategies? Because that's it.
Yeah, it's not like its a summit of the best trainers right?

>He's been doing that since the beginning and has been successful with it seeing how his Pikachu beat a Latios and a Regice
Wait wasnt the Ash never evolves his mons fake? And if its so effective he should have won, while you said he lost because of that.

>Old strategies are null when you're against new opponents. One would expect a person who plays an rpg to know this.
If you played at least pokemon you would know how stupid this sounded.

>You don't go into 6th gen expecting your weather team to perform as well as it did in 5th gen
You have no clue what the games are like.

>And?
So he has not improved

>Seeing how Gary was Ash's level at the end of Johto, and obviously wasn't sitting on his ass the entire time during AG seeing how he has a fully trained Electivire, I'd say Gary is just better
So a guy who became an ivnestigator is better as a trainer than a guy who was already better before AND still went on to be a trainer? You dont think this makes sense do you?

>Then why did you bring it up in the first place?
Because I dont like you fags claiming its good when it isnt, but I'm not forbidding you for liking it.

>It's just that your reading comprehension is shit.
Says the guy who outrights contradicts his previous statements.
Your next post is my last chance to take you seriously.
>>
>>24631026
> I wonder if the fans will act just as obnoxious as Narutards and try to force it on anyone
They already do as this thread shows. They can't even keep them into their general.

>2015
>using the term narutard seriously

>>24631032
>reasonable people
>cancerous
Just because some people dont enjoy not getting a resolution and their favourite franchise not having an anime that isnt 2 hours long doesnt mean they're cancerous. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>24631086
If you're a reverse troll, you're doing a pretty good job, anon.
>>
>>24631108
>I have no arguments
>>
>>24631072
>Yeah, it's not like its a summit of the best trainers right?
And again, what does that have to do experience-wise? You participated in a League before, cool, but it is a different league with a different format in a different region with different region. How will that experience benefit you?

>Wait wasnt the Ash never evolves his mons fake?
What are you talking about?

>And if its so effective he should have won, while you said he lost because of that
Just because it works for some doesn't mean it works for all. They are still unevolved and don't have as much experience as they would if they evolved.

>You have no clue what the games are like.
Obviously you don't either

>So he has not improved
How? He lost against someone who used a stronger Pokemon than him. He improved when he finally beat Gary and then Gary improved when he beat Ash.

>So a guy who became an ivnestigator
Gary didn't become an investigator, he studies Pokemon like Prof. Oak.

>better as a trainer than a guy who was already better before AND still went on to be a trainer?
Where are you getting this from? Am I a better trainer than you if I stop playing Pokemon for years, jump into ORAS with a team of Rayquaza, Groudon, Deoxys, Kyogre, Xerneas, and Blissey and completely defeat another player who has been playing Pokemon all his life and taken the time to EV train his top OU team and has a 100 battle winning streak?

>Because I dont like you fags claiming its good when it isnt
But then we come back to the root of the argument, which is your opinion. It's your opinion that the anime isn't good. No one is stopping you from hating it but for some reason you feel the need to tell people what they like isn't good. Why?

>Your next post is my last chance to take you seriously
That's funny because I haven't been taking you seriously this whole argument. I've been keeping this argument in the background while watching XY this whole time.
>>
>>24630197
Haha found the severely autistic guy
Okay okay some people find this drivel watchable. Okay. Nobody could enjoy it as much as you seem to without some sort of handicap.
Do you take LSD before watching each episode? If so, your comments maybe make some actual sense.
>>
>>24631150
>Am I a better trainer than you if I stop playing Pokemon for years, jump into ORAS with a team of Rayquaza, Groudon, Deoxys, Kyogre, Xerneas, and Blissey and completely defeat another player who has been playing Pokemon all his life and taken the time to EV train his top OU team and has a 100 battle winning streak?
If the goal is to win, then yes you are.
>>
>>24631198
And you're any better by getting butt-hurt that people enjoy the anime?
>>
>>24631198
>not recognizing obvious pasta from Youtube or wherever it's from
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>24631150
>No one is stopping you from hating it but for some reason you feel the need to tell people what they like isn't good. Why?
But nobody is actually doing that.
This is a thread for people that felt the anime went downhill. You're the one coming here to tell us that we aren't allowed to think it is shit. We're not coming to your general to say that you can't like what we don't like. So it's quite the opposite.
>>
>>24631248
Not really. The post that triggered anon was when I mentioned

>opinions
>>
>>24631260
But it is still true though.
This is a thread for people that are dissatisfied with the anime. And people are coming in here just to tell people that they aren't allowed to be that.
>>
>>24631273
>And people are coming in here just to tell people that they aren't allowed to be that.
Where?
>>
>>24631277
A lot of places. Say if someone says they don't like that Ash is still the protagonist since he is progressing so slowly and has had at least one major reset there are people here who says that isn't a valid reason.
>>
>>24631290
Where in this thread is what I'm asking anon
>>
>>24631305
Fine, here is an example >>24630409
>>
>Stop saying you enjoy the anime
>L-Let us have our hate circlejerk in peace

Really?
>>
>>24631150
>You participated in a League before, cool, but it is a different league with a different format in a different region with different region. How will that experience benefit you?
>different format
they all follow the same format
>different region
Ash went through that region during the show
>How will that experience benefit you?
If you learned to adapt to different strategies you're able to do so with people who you didnt meet before. Of course, that'd require Ash to learn.

>What are you talking about?
What you people always insist on, that ash does evolve his mons.

>Just because it works for some doesn't mean it works for all.They are still unevolved and don't have as much experience as they would if they evolved.
So experience matters now? So the reason ash lost in Hoenn isnt because he had unevolved mons?

>Obviously you don't either
I played all gens and won them with attacking teams using the same attacks over and over with little variation. Something like a "weather team" means shit in-game, you can win with pretty much anything.

>How? He lost against someone who used a stronger Pokemon than him. He improved when he finally beat Gary and then Gary improved when he beat Ash.
So Gary improved by NOT being a trainer? That makes no sense

>Gary didn't become an investigator, he studies Pokemon like Prof. Oak.
>Gary didnt become an investigator
>He becomes an investigator
Huh
>>
>>24631320
How is that an example of someone in this thread saying another person aren't allowed to dislike the anime?
>>
>>24631150
>Where are you getting this from?
The stuff that happens in the show. Gary didnt train betwen Jhoto and Sinnoh, Ash did, he did the Hoenn region so AFTER DEFEATING GARY. So Gary being better makes no sense.

>But then we come back to the root of the argument, which is your opinion.
Based on facts, which is weird since you're defending the show yet you know shit about it.

> No one is stopping you from hating it but for some reason you feel the need to tell people what they like isn't good. Why?
Because you fags insist it is but when people ask for proof you post the same shitty gifs or change your argument all the time, like you are doing now.

>That's funny because I haven't been taking you seriously this whole argument.
I guess that explains your inhability to present a coherent argument.
>>
>>24631327
>Stop saying you hate the anime
>L-Let us have our circlejerk in peace
Same thing for you guys.
Difference is just that most people actually let your general be alone.
>>
>>24631327
>Stop being critical with what I like
>L-Let us have our fanatic circlejerk on our general, multiple threads on /vp/, pokespe threads and on /a/ in peace

Really?
>>
>>24631330
>first person says that he thinks ash is getting boring and want something refreshing
>second person says that you won't enjoy that because I say so
>>
>>24631347
>it's shit because x, they should do y instead
>y would be just as shit
How the hell is that telling someone they can't dislike the anime?
>>
>>24631305
Literally half this thread was this one megaautist trying to explain that tripe. Are you even half-capable of reading?
>>
>>24631328
>they all follow the same format
No they don't. Hoenn League for example was filled with double battles and the Johto League was round robin. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment on it.

>Ash went through that region during the show
And? There were Pokemon he fought he didn't know, like for example, Sceptile in the Hoenn League

>If you learned to adapt to different strategies you're able to do so with people who you didnt meet before. Of course, that'd require Ash to learn.
That has nothing to do with what you said originally, that he has experience from fighting in other Leagues.

>That Ash does evolve his mons
Of course he does. If he didn't, he wouldn't have Kingler, Charizard, or Butterfree.

>So the reason ash lost in Hoenn isnt because he had unevolved mons?
He lost in Hoenn because he faced a stronger trainer. It wasn't because he had unevolved mons, but that could have contributed it to it. His unevolved Pokemon are strong but can be stronger if they evolve.

>I played all gens and won them with attacking teams using the same attacks over and over with little variation. Something like a "weather team" means shit in-game, you can win with pretty much anything.

And you say I know shit about the games.

>So Gary improved by NOT being a trainer? That makes no sense
He trained a Pokemon that was stronger than Ash's Pikachu. That is improving as a trainer. He is still a trainer but battling isn't his priority.

>Huh
Is what I say every time I read your posts. Do you know what an investigator is?
>>
>>24631356
Because the second person says that the first person isn't allowed to like y better than x
>>
>>24631346
>pokespe
It's impossible to have a pokespe thread one /vp/ because animefags always have to come and shitpost
>>
>>24631356
Constantly attempting to shut down someone's every reason to dislike something is the obvious answer.

If you aren't allowed have any reason to not like something, how is that any different from saying you just aren't allowed to not like something at all?
>>
>>24631335
>Gary didnt train betwen Jhoto and Sinnoh
We don't know this. He made a secret base in Sinnoh and could have been doing anything there.

>So Gary being better makes no sense.
He trained a stronger Pokemon, idiot.

>Based on facts, which is weird since you're defending the show yet you know shit about it.
What facts? Your ass?

>Because you fags insist it is but when people ask for proof you post the same shitty gifs or change your argument all the time, like you are doing now.
What

>I guess that explains your inhability to present a coherent argument.
Are you talking about yourself?
>>
>>24631368
I'm fairly sure "the first person" is you and you just don't want anyone to disagree with you on anything.

Isn't there a circlejerk on /v/ you can go back to?
>>
>>24631335
Point out a post then.
>>
>>24631386
Yes, it's me.
That has literally nothing to do with the post though.
>>
>>24631365
>. Hoenn League for example was filled with double battles and the Johto League was round robin. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment on it.
Oh, yeah, I forgot you think a little literal difference is a big change, sorry.

>And? There were Pokemon he fought he didn't know, like for example, Sceptile in the Hoenn League
Same as his opponents, specially given Ash has mons from other regions. Of course you will ignore this.

>That has nothing to do with what you said originally, that he has experience from fighting in other Leagues.
>experience isnt related to experience

>Of course he does. If he didn't, he wouldn't have Kingler, Charizard, or Butterfree.
Exactly, so Im right

>It wasn't because he had unevolved mons, but that could have contributed it to it. His unevolved Pokemon are strong but can be stronger if they evolve.
So he's, as I said, retarded, yeah

>And you say I know shit about the games.
Yeah, and you only prove it further

>He trained a Pokemon that was stronger than Ash's Pikachu.
Than the Pikachu that had 3 leagues under his belt?
Than the Pikachu that beat a Dragonite?
Than the Pikachu Ash used in the Battle Frontier you worship so much?
Riiiiight

>inb4 stats
Not that you make a good argument but that would cement you as a retard.

>Do you know what an investigator is?
Someone who investigates

>>24631382
>We don't know this. He made a secret base in Sinnoh and could have been doing anything there.
Pretty sure that being an investigator/researcher/whatever implies he didnt got fully dedicated to battling. Looking forward to see your bullshit reply

>What facts? Your ass?
Kek

>What
This very discussion for example. You keep saying things to prove your points and then contradicting them to fit a reply, and then conveniently ignoring or handwaving when I point your contradictions out.

>Are you talking about yourself?
EPIC COMEBACK BRUH
>>
>>24631392
It does when the guy that replied to you never even claimed to like the anime but just said your suggested change wouldn't actually be an improvement. You're literally just bitching about the fact that people aren't agreeing with you about absolutely everything at this point.
>>
>>24631024
While I'm not invested in this argument, I'm genuinely curious about what the hell you're trying to say with only your first point.

They're related insofar as they're Pokémon-related media featuring trainers, and as far as I can tell that's the only relation that the guy's talking about. That a character can win a league and not stop existing in one, so it's not absurd to think that Ash would have to stop existing. Are you just... trying to say that they aren't made by the same people?
>>
>>24631431
>It does when the guy that replied to you never even claimed to like the anime but just said your suggested change wouldn't actually be an improvement.
No. What he said that was that it would be impossible for anyone to care for new characters, which is complete bullshit.
>You're literally just bitching about the fact that people aren't agreeing with you about absolutely everything at this point.
Animefags always likes to play victim and bitch how anybody that disagrees with them are forcing their opinions. Which was the card you decided to draw first.
>>
The anime went past the point of no return when they stopped putting puns and references in the titles of episodes.
>>
This is that autismal faggot that pops a vein whenever Pokken takes a cue from the anime, isn't it?
>>
>>24631460
Barely even a month ago.
>>
>>24631465
I have no idea. But I would say that both anons that have participated in those long back-and-forth's are fairly autismal.
>>
>>24631465
That was only when it used anime voices, after that he didnt appear at all, why do you keep mentioning it?
>>
>>24631480
Oh, definitely. I didn't even bother reading that shit.
>>
>>24631480
>>24631491
>le autism card
now that's epic
>>
>>24631503
So which of those two are you?
>>
>>24631407
>Oh, yeah, I forgot you think a little literal difference is a big change, sorry.
So a single elimination tournament changing into a round robin is a little difference?

You're really making me worry about your mental state

>Same as his opponents, specially given Ash has mons from other regions. Of course you will ignore this.
What is this point even trying to say? Most, if not all of his opponents are from the region and know the Pokemon of their region.

>experience isnt related to experience
I think you're confused.

>So he's, as I said, retarded, yeah
How? His Pokemon choose to evolve. Just like how people press B to keep their Pokemon from evolving, they choose to evolve or not.

>You only prove it further
Your post before made it obvious you know fuck all about the games so I doubt your opinions can be taken seriously.

>Than the Pikachu that had 3 leagues under his belt
Again, what does that mean? A TCG player could have 3 world champions under their belt but still lose to a first timer.

>Not that you make a good argument but that would cement you as a retard
I don't even think you know what you're talking about at this point
>>
>>24631506
It's probably the one that defends the anime, seeing as he didn't quote >>24631465
>>
>>24629212
It was never even on a hill.
>>
>>24631509
The other one actually

>>24631507
>So a single elimination tournament changing into a round robin is a little difference?
That's only how the fights are organized, you still have to fight and win which to our matters is what's important. They arent, like, test of skill like the orange islands

>What is this point even trying to say?
That his opponents also meet a rival they havent before with mons they probably havent seen before, and Ash has an edge on this since he has monsters from other regions (except in Gen 1 of course).

> Most, if not all of his opponents are from the region and know the Pokemon of their region.
Exactly, thanks for proving my point...again.

>I think you're confused.
>Your post before made it obvious you know fuck all about the games so I doubt your opinions can be taken seriously.
>I don't even think you know what you're talking about at this point
How?

>How? His Pokemon choose to evolve. Just like how people press B to keep their Pokemon from evolving, they choose to evolve or not.
That's irrelevant, he DID evolve some of his mons so, if evolving is as important as you say it is, he should use his evolved mons, dont you think? Wait, that should require you to think.

>Again, what does that mean? A TCG player could have 3 world champions under their belt but still lose to a first timer.
If he has no luck on a match or goes with a bad deck, yeah. Figthing, and specially on a narrative medium is different. And here you dont even have Zekrom to use as an excuse.
>>
>>24631026
Already happening
>>
>>24631026
Still release what?
>>
After Sinnoh.
>>
>>24631150
>watching XY this whole time.
I don't know why, but this made me kek.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.