[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Pokemon that mean something to you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12
I never use articuno on my team but it's always been a bro to me since the first gen.
My little kid self used to love ice and water types and so articuno was naturally my favorite legendary after mew.
Articuno would also usually let me catch it in just one pokeball, making me feel as though it "chose" to be with me (remember using anime logic in these games?)
I was also the first child of three and Articuno is the first bird that gives off that vibe of being a leader to its siblings so I continued to like it as I grew up due to self reflection.
Later, the first random shiny I've ever encountered was a horsea in FireRed with a fishing pole in the Seafoam islands.
Jump ahead to this gen and I successfully didn't spoil X for myself. I chose Chespin because the fennec fox looked like a littlest pet shop purse chihuahua and the frog looked like my grandma.
My little brother (second child) finished his Y game before me because he's a no life faggot and he saw Zapdos in the grass. I get excited and get to that point as well to find out that I get Articuno instead.
Takes me longer than this kid to confront my bird in its cave, and when I do it lets me catch it in just one pokeball just like old times

So all in all I just think Articuno's a pretty chill bro. Reminds me of a matured form of my younger self
>>
cool story senpai
>>
Pokemon dont mean anything they are just bits of data
>>
File: pinsir.png (168 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pinsir.png
168 KB, 400x300
I'll bite

>playing my first game Sapphire
>messing around in post game safari
>See this cool customer
>immediately must have
>catch hip and raise him up
>Pinsir is more than just a mere bug type and has loads of powerful moves to tear up trainers assholes
>think he's the coolest guy ever
>get older and found out about competitive battling and smogon
>find out my bro is horribly overshadowed by heracross
>be the youngest of three brothers so I know exactly the pain my bros gone through all these years
>identify even more with pinsir
>gen 6: enter the mega
>Pinsir is lucky enough to get one
>Pinsir finally shows everyone who's the boss and even makes heracross suck shit

At least things got better for one of us. While I'm probably heading nowhere in life, pinsir got the love it deserved and put it to good use.

Just because somethings overshadowed doesn't make it bad.
>>
File: 428.gif (34 KB, 73x63) Image search: [Google]
428.gif
34 KB, 73x63
this sprite, it was the first time i ever got an erction and weve been together ever since
>>
>>24629898
Hi buttscrab.
>>
File: tumblr_md1atopDOp1rebnkzo1_1280.png (300 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md1atopDOp1rebnkzo1_1280.png
300 KB, 1280x800
Latios and Latias mean a lot to me

I fell in love with Latias (and the eon species in general) after learning about the movie, the pokedex entry, fanart

intelligent, flying, peaceful creatures who want to have fun and protect one another, really gets me deep

I want to be a Latios irl
still trying to find my match ;_;
>>
>>24629898
such a cute and dancing sprite and you just ruined it for me
>>
sandshrew and sandslash were my favorite from gen 1 and will always have a place on my team
>>
For me it's Honchkrow – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor, really reflects my personality.
>>
File: jolt and vaporeon.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jolt and vaporeon.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
My sister and I have been playing since red. She loved the crap out of water types, while I had some kind of obsession with speed (a team full of the fastest Pokemon--Jolteon, Aerodactyl, etc). So, whenever I see a Vaporeon or a Jolteon, I always think of my sister.

On that note, not a Pokemon, but Gen 3 has always had a special place for us. Hear me out. My birthstone is Ruby, and my sister's is Sapphire. My brother was finally competent enough to play and spent a lot of time stealing our games. Third version announced. It's his birthstone, Emerald. We got him an SP and the game, and that was that. We are a lot closer than other siblings tend to be, and I think it's because of our mutual obsession with gaming and Pokemon in particular.
>>
bump for the evening
>>
My team from silver. Typhlosion, pidgeot, alakazam, tyranitar, umbreon, gengar.
They were the only Pokémon I have raised from the moment I got them till they evolved without using Exp share.I traded with a friend to get my evos, but got them back Right away and trained the Eevee you get in game all night to get my umbreon I had them for so long until I lost my silver. Sure some were caught long after beating the game, but I would explore the game world looking for secrets with my team.
>>
Riolu. I remember when I was really little I got a Riolu plush and I brought it everywhere. Loved that thing so much.
>>
>>24631060
>For me it's Honchkrow – wears a fedora and makes loud annoying sounds
>>
Ninetails
>Feels neglected
>Get to now
>mfw drought.

Second is houndoom, so ofc my core is Megadoom and ninetails in doubles.
>>
File: and+then+theres+this+asshole.jpg (24 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
and+then+theres+this+asshole.jpg
24 KB, 500x340
>>24629898
Anyway, for me, it's a tie between Blastoise and Emboar. Both have been amazing bros since their respective releases. Gotten me out of many in-game scrapes, and I feel they're usually the outcasts, like I was back in elementary school, so I feel a certain kinship with them
>>
I have this really deep connection with Yvetal that no one truly understands except for me. I also feel a strong bond with Mega-Houndoom.
>>
File: 1385405033263.png (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1385405033263.png
73 KB, 400x400
>>24633495

They're dark like your tormented soul, aren't they?
>>
>got blue version day of murica release
>pick bulbasaur because why not
>breeze through first two gyms without catching anything else
>see a meowth. catch it. name it kiki after my then possessed cat.
>some hours later kiki(possessed cat) gets hit by a truck.
>blue kiki still alive
>blue kiki becomes kiki
>skip to FR LG
>pick bulba-buddy again, just like old times.
>dont catch anything til after whipping misty.
>first thing i see?
>its kiki.
>i've since transferred the classy cat to ORAS after all these years.
>mfw meowth becomes competent in the anime.
>>
>>24634259
>"possessed"
>first thing you see is the exact Meowth from Blue
what
>>
As a kid, I started with Pokemon Blue, which meant that me and a friend of mine would each have an exclusive Fire-type (Growlithe for him, Vulpix for me.)
For the longest time, Ninetales was one of my favorite Pokémon to use in battle, even if Arcanine is much, much stornger overall. It's a really pretty fox, and would also explain why I gotten into learning about mythologies of different countries - The fact that Japan kinds foxes cool enough to put them into their lore fascinated me a lot.
>>
File: emboar.png (451 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
emboar.png
451 KB, 650x366
Emboar really means a lot to me. I see Emboar as a friend who will not only be there for you through thick and thin, but is willing to put in 120% and stick its neck out for you.
I can also really relate to an Emboar that has Reckless and uses recoil moves. A Pokemon that doesn't give a fuck anymore and just wants to put everything into its goal.
>>
>heracross
He may not look strong but he's capable of amazing feats
>>
>>24629118
Tyranitar
>Back in 2006, im 14
>Me and my friends would go in summer to a park in our urbanization to play pokemon emmerald/saphire/ruby/GL/RF
>My best friend had RF and I always wanted to have a tyranitar, he had a lvl 5 Larvitar and would exchange me for an Ampharos
>We connect the cabble link and proceed to change our mons
>2007, nobody does play pokemon anymore, I still play it with my DS, diamond version
>Tyranitar leading my team at lvl 57
I remember those days as clear as they were yesterday
>FF 2 months, end of summer of 2007, my best friend since I have memory dies in a car accident during a trip with his family
>I still have that Tyranitar at lvl 100 leading my team today in 2015 in White 2 (I dont have money to spend on new consoles or games, but I still play Pokemon)
>>
>>24635157
It doesn't have a neck.
>>
>>24629898
>first erection
>Gen V sprite

MODS
>>
File: clefairy fam.png (229 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
clefairy fam.png
229 KB, 800x533
I've recently discovered pic related was amazing, I never used one outside of Metronome in gen1. But its correlation with the moon is very fascinating to me. I would always be outside on nights will a full moon just gazing at it. Plus I got the opportunity to peer through a high powered telescope on a tiny part of the moon, seeing it in high detail was truly amazing. Having a pokemon just as fascinated with the moon would be amazing, especially since according to legend they are from it!

Starmie is another one, for similar reasons. It is very cool how it can use it's core to emit radio waves and receive mysterious signals from space. It gives me the impression that Starmie/Staryu themselves may be aliens, and that's something I've been obsessed with since I was a child.

Space pokemon rule.
>>
Dodrio got me through a particularly tough E4 battle when I was a child playing Red. I've always sort of liked it because of that.
>>
bump to survive the direct flood
>>
>>24632806
b8
>>
First off, i love fishes. They are elegant and beautiful living beings and i like water types pretty much as well

At first i thought Basculin was gonna be a generic fish shitmon despite his cool grumpy look, but then i tried it myself and was amazed how brutal he can be with Adaptability. I've been destroying good OU players with him ever since BW1 competitive playing after crafting a good rain team.

And now in the gen 6 i still destroy OU teams but does need a bit more support in form of Sticky Webs and in some cases (Stall teams) Swords Dance passing. I believe once Basculin gets a mega evolution, he will be one of the rulers of OU.

I've been always trying to use Lord Basculin even in ingame ever since BW!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.