[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is unique about HGSS that makes its price go up greatly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1425006734035.jpg (169 KB, 1006x728) Image search: [Google]
1425006734035.jpg
169 KB, 1006x728
What is unique about HGSS that makes its price go up greatly since release, when games newer and older than it have gone down in price?
>>
The Pokewalker.
>>
>>24625846
No, even the used ones with no walker cost ~$50.
>>
>>24625842
As someone who used to monitor the auction sites for Pokemon games daily, this is not true. 3rd gen (esp Emerald) is also very expensive, the market is infested with cheap chinese knock-offs so sellers of legit games keep ramping the prices up. Legit Emerald cart with scratched label and no box goes for 40$ nowadays.
>>
>>24625921
>I have a legit emerald scratchless in box with a Gameboy Advance
>tfw I'm not selling it ever

This is why. Didn't also they make very little of HGSS, so there's less of them than, say, Diamond and Pearl, or Emerald.
>>
>>24625921
New HGSS costs over $100.
>>
>>24625968
Thats pretty cheap, new Pokemon Red goes for almost 500€
http://m.ebay.pl/itm/Pokemon-Rote-Edition-SEALED-NEW-NEU-in-Folie-PAL-Factory-Gameboy-Rot-/252123480455?nav=SEARCH
>>
>>24626000
Red is way older. DPPt also cost less than HGSS, not counting the walker.
>>
>>24625846
Got a replacement walker for $15. Thought that was it for a while, but its not.

>>24625961
The only answer, sadly. I'd never sell my two copies of SS, even if I absolutely needed the cash. You can get lucky online if you just buy the cartridge. Bought the HG cartridge only on Lukie games for $23.
>>
>>24625842
>What is unique about HGSS
They are the best games till date. So maybe it's the quality that make them pricey.
>>
>>24625842
They're both great games and nostalgic games, the two qualities go hand in hand for price.
>>
>>24625961
The remakes tend to sell less compared to their current gen main counterparts. FRLG is a little up there in terms of price too but nostalgia, high demand/lower supply, and the sheer amount of flash cart bootleg copies around makes legitimate copies of HGSS so expensive.
>>
Battle Frontier, an actual post game?
>>
>>24625842
They're the best games in the series. They have flaws, like a poor level curve and wild Pokémon selection, but those are not relevant if you steamroll the game with an overleveled starter (which is how the game is supposed to be played).
>>
>>24627458
The thing that /VP/ doesn't get is that remakes always get a copypasta of whatever facility was released in the previous game. FRLG got the tower from RS. HGSS got Platinums Frontier. It was obvious (but saddening) for ORAS to get the maison. [Spoiler]Post game I'll agree with[/spoiler]
>>
>>24627458
Then why don't BW2 and Platinum cost nearly as much?
>>
>>24627473
>/VP/
>[Spoiler]
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.