[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Shiny Encounter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 960x720
What was your first shiny? Post interesting stories, etc. Just found this guy yesterday.
>>
I remember seeing the "Shiny fishing" method somewhere, so I tried it with some feebas, after chain #76 it broke and no shiny feebas appeared, I was sad af so I just went to complete the pokédex, I realized I was missing seedot so I went to route 102, I was searching for it and immediatly a 4IV shiny female ralts appeared.
I fucking cried.
>>
>>24620839
1st Shiny.

Red Gayrados in Gold.

Recents: X- Usaring, Doduo- Foongus

OR- Grimer
>>
>>24620839
I was looking for a Raikou and ran into a shiny rattata.
It was on the Game Boy, so it was a good thing I noticed the shine.
>>
>>24620839
The first shiny I got was from MM breeding a kanga. 36 eggs and I was pretty ecstatic. Pic in a sec.
>>
>>24620880
Also if anyone has a shiny pumpkaboo I'd love you forever.
>>
>>24620872
>read that as "shiny fisting"

dear god i need sleep
>>
File: scr_1_TOP_LEFT.png (77 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
scr_1_TOP_LEFT.png
77 KB, 400x240
>>24620887
>>
>>24620839
I dunno if even possible but memory tells me a shiny raikou in GSC that fled or some shit.

Either that or a shiny Volbeat in Platinum. Eitherway, pokebank fucked over all my pokes. Thanks alot gayfreak
>>
My first shiny was a Slugma in gen 3. I didn't know if it was a bug or not, so I was afraid it I evolved it that it would go back to its normal coloration.
>>
>>24620839
Shiny Zubat in Gold. I already had a vague idea of what a shiny was (a friend showed me his shiny Krabby before) so thankfully I didn't do anything stupid like killing it or running away. Evolved it all the way to Crobat. Unfortunately the battery has died so I no longer have it.
>>
My first encounter with a shiny was in Silver on my GBC.
It was a shiny Rattata on Route 29.
But I had no Pokéballs as I just restarted my game.
I was upset.
>>
First shiny was a Zubat in Diamond. Turns out I forgot to stock up on Pokeballs and couldn't catch. Second shiny was a Chimchar when starting a new game in Diamond. He is now an Infernape and is currently sitting in Omega Ruby, Third shiny was a Ho-oh is Soul Silver. Lost my Soul Silver cartridge a few years back when I went out. Fourth shiny was a Ducklett in Black 2. Fast forward about 2 years and after not playing through Unova in a while I decided to transfer my stuff in Black 2 over to Black for safekeeping so I could start a new game. Thought I transferred all my mons to safety but it turns out I forgot one. Guess who it was.
>>
Man, it's crazy that there are people that have been playing since RGBY and have never encountered there own shiny until XY.
>>
Mine was Graveler in Y. Got it from Rock Smash of all places.
>>
>>24620839
My first shiny was a Zigzagoon.
At the time the existence of the internet and guides was foreign to me, so I had no idea what was its deal, I thought it used a berry at the start of the battle or something. In any case, I was training up/catching some mons on Route 117 so my team wasn't very good. I got it down to yellow health but I only had 3 Poke Balls left and failed to catch it. Fast forward 10 years (2014) I'd just finished a Wonderlocke and low and behold, what do I encounter on Route 2? A Shiny Zigzagoon. This time I caught the bastard, nicknamed it "The Evader" and now it's perma boxed like the little shit it is.
>>
>1st
A Ditto in FireRed
>Recent
A Swoobat, Teddiursa, Drifloon, Oddish, Zigzagoon and a Buneary. All accidental.
>>
>>24621209
Other shinies I've found/hatched/happened upon are the following:
Suicune in Crystal - A cloning glitch attempt gone wrong. I'm not sure how it happened exactly but I tried cloning a Suicune and Gyarados at the same time and somehow passed Gyarados' traits (including shininess) onto Suicune.
Sneasel - D/P/Pt (Platinum in this case) I think it was in the Snowpoint Temple, I ended up fleeing from it though, I really couldn't dig those colours.
Sandile and Haxorus - BW and BW2 respectively. Back when BW were still in Nip and Anti-Piracy patches were functional, I happened upon a Sandile in the desert resort. Haxorus was from the Nature Preserve.
Bulbasaur and Fletchling - Wonder Trade in XY
Oddish, Skrelp, Zigzagoon and Audino - Shinies found in the wild. Oddish and Audino from Friend Safaris and Skrelp from Consequtive fishing.
Charmander, Ralts, Eevee, Greninja, Honedge and Bagon - Masuda Method in XY
Gen 6, thank you for the shinies.
>>
First shiny was in silver and was a furret, which is just a slightly different shade of brown. Second was a linoone in ruby, also a slightly different shade of brown, also saw but did not catch a shiny wingull. Then never saw another shiny until X when I got a shiny minun and since then several others. Weird thing is, after what is probably around 50 full runs through various games, I have never had a shiny during a play through, only ever in post game.
>>
Shiny Chatot in X about a month ago.
>>
>>24620909

She's a beauty.
>>
My first shiny encounter was in Emerald in the battle pyramid found an Electabuzz couldn't catch then found a sneasel in diamond caught that, found a haunter in platinum recently shuckle machop banette in x and banette again in omega ruby
>>
>>24620839
Pidgeotto in Red. I murderraped it with a Voltorb.
>>
File: Y2K.png (26 KB, 622x756) Image search: [Google]
Y2K.png
26 KB, 622x756
>>24620839
My first, not counting the red Gyarados, was a shiny Wingull in Ruby version. I remember that I found it in the water just outside of Mt. Pyre. I still remember that the first Pokemon in my party was a Blaziken and it took two great balls to catch it.

The shiny I'll always remember is a Porygon I hatched last year. I was breeding for a lot of shinies that time and I finally decided to go for my favorite pokemon, Porygon-Z. Had a 6IV Ditto and a Porygon with a Timid nature.

The shiny Porygon appeared after 6 eggs. Timid with IVs of 31/31/31/31/30/31. Perfect in my eyes and I'll be sure to transfer it to future Pokemon games.
>>
>>24620839
M-my first shiny w-was red garados back in crystal

but my first real shiny was a vulpix in ruby version back in the day
>>
File: 1735235673.jpg (105 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1735235673.jpg
105 KB, 500x450
>>24620839
>>
>>24620839
Shiny espeon in the battle tower in FRLG

First one I saw in the wild was a minun, unfortunately, i had no pokeballs at the time. Last time I ever made that mistake.

One time when I was playing HGSS I saw two shinies in the wild on the same day, one of them was even a yanma, which is already an unlikely encounter (the other was sandshrew). I was pretty hype.
>>
>>24620839
First: Shiny Wobbufett in Emerald than fled. (FUCK SAFARI ZONE). Then a week later got an Oddish.

Skip to Y, I got a shiny Emolga. Then they poured in.

In ORAS,my most recent shiny was a Pansage I hatched while I wasn't hunting.
>>
>>24621888
If anyone's first shiny wasn't red gyarados you're either really lucky or a little baby kid with an ipad and modded minecraft
>>
I don't remember which one was my first shiny... I think a Zubat, in Emerald.
>>
Not counting Gyarados in gen 2...

I had managed to encounter shiny Oddish on several occasions in the Safari Zone in Sapphire. Never caught them because I didn't like Oddish. In Emerald. I found and caught a shiny Wooper, also in the Safari Zone. After that, I was doing a nuzlocke in Leaf Green where my first encounter in Mt. Moon was a shiny Zubat. The next one I remember was a shiny Throh in White 2. Finally, shiny Dugtrio in X.
>>
>>24620839
I'm not OP, but this thread is "First shiny that WASN'T Red Gyarados."
>>
>>24620839
first shiny I found was a shiny spearow in the iphone version of fire red and turbo was on so i almost killed it.
i tried to make it into a viable fearow, but fearows just not that good and i couldn't trade it off of an iphone anyway.
>>
The first time playing Crystal, the old man in the day care gave me an egg, when it hatched I got a shiny Elekid
>>
>>24620839
First? Mincinno in Black.

I've also gotten a Gothorita, a Japanese Seaking, a Phantump, a Barboach and a Ralts.

Only the Barboach was viable Nature-wise.
>>
I've never found a shiny and probably never will.
>>
zubat in crystal
>>
>>24620839
A Tangela that ran away in the Sinnoh safari zone
>>
>>24622231
You sure it wasn't a Woobat?
>>
File: photo157-e1408917962337.jpg (104 KB, 746x547) Image search: [Google]
photo157-e1408917962337.jpg
104 KB, 746x547
shit
>>
>>24620839
Red gyarados in crystal senpai.

Past that since that's an easy first, my first encounter with a shiny was in ruby, training outside Lilycove, just south of the safari zone. I was half asleep at the time, and ran into a shiny something, I don't even remember what anymore. In my lack of sleep, however, I killed it. I only realized my mistake after I already selected the move.
>>
>>24623101
After looking it up, I think it was an oddish. Still hard to say since I was half asleep and my memory is fuzzy. Recent shinies include a Wingul that I found in X and possibly traded away, and a Cottonee that hatched while I was breeding for IVs that might also get traded away to one of my friends.
>>
File: 82GpLp6.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
82GpLp6.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
First shiny I decided I'd go out of my way to get. Took a while to breed for it, don't remember how many eggs now though.
>>
>Never encountered a shiny, don't even know about them
>playing Ruby and hear from one of my friends there's a Legendary pokemon in a tower east of Pacifidlog
>Finally get to it
>Woah a big green serpent
>Start the battle
>It's black and it sparkles
>Masterball that shit
>All chumps at school jelly because my serpent has a different color
That was amazing.
>>
I've been played every single generation, some generations multiple games. beat every one, played a decent amount of post game in each one.

never encountered a single shiny in my fucking life
>>
>>24623405
but I don't have the patience to 'shiny hunt'
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-09-21-17-03.png (453 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-09-21-17-03.png
453 KB, 1280x720
>>
My first shiny appeared when I still was a kid, and didn't know what shiny are. I encountered shiny tentacool on my emerald. I thought it was a glitch and instantly restarted the game.
>>
>>24623494
this.

but mine was a poochyena. I liked it because it was golden. unfortunately I restarted the game without trading it up to my diamond or pearl.
>>
File: 1446776349577.png (708 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446776349577.png
708 KB, 1920x1080
Never had a shiny before the 6th generations. Even after that, after finishing the game, i was bored as fuck and decided to breed for no apparent reason. Used an helioptile and a common ditto and, at my first egg ever hatched, my sweetie was born and gave me that happy baby smile. I knew it was love for life.

Also, for 2 shitmon parents, he came incredible. Pentaperfect, missing only attack, great nature and Dry Skin. For now, he's sleeping pacefully with the "great ones" while i correct my life to restart playing vydias.

After that, I had just started Omega Ruby and, at the forest, i just see this confused guy running around: Male shiny adamant zigzagoon with the happiest of faces like "hey dudes, can I join you?" Made the game 100 times funnier and pentaperfect too, adamant and ready.

Last one was an Wingull next to the abandoned ship. Not really that great, common IVs, but still have a place in my heart.
>>
>>24620839
tfw no shinies ever
>>
My first was a Ponyta on the route north of Oreburgh in Platinum but I did end up getting a shiny Sudowoodo in Colosseum a few years back, it wasn't shiny in battle but when I checked the PC it showed up shiny, so I felt like I had to use it. It was completely awful the rest of the game

Also encountered a shiny Weedle in the Old Man's tutorial in Fire Red Omega
>>
>>24623837
>11
>SoulSilver
>2009

It's current 2015.

I think I see a problem.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.