[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Most time-consuming, and most frustrating battle that you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183 KB, 1280x720
ITT: Most time-consuming, and most frustrating battle that you've been through.
>>
Most recent I can think of is the Water Elite Four member on x/y that god damn Mega Gyarados ate Thunderbolts for days and wiped me 3 times.
>>
>>24617533
Actually it may have been oras.
>>
Fucking Kyogre in every game where they decide to give him Aqua Ring. There's no way to get rid of it once he uses it. All you can do is prevent him from using it with Taunt. You can't get him down to 1 HP because he passively heals at the end of every time. Every time you miss a ball, he just passively heals more.

Fuck Kyogre.
>>
File: rip.gif (1 MB, 433x350) Image search: [Google]
rip.gif
1 MB, 433x350
>>
>>24617519
Shiny hunting Uxie.
Fucking stressful shit since I wanted to use a premier ball so after ~a month of resetting (not nonstop obviously) I finally encountered my shiny I had to pray that it wouldn't run out of PP and struggle.
>>
>>24617553
I know that feel. Emerald and Sapphire were worse. That fucker had Rest.
>>
>>24617519
Ace Trainer Jennifer on Route 120. Her Milotic took me over 8 minutes (and yes I had it exactly timed).
>>
>>24617565
rip
>>
>>24617607
Did you catch it?
>>
YCTW-WWWW-WW3X-NAV5

Entirely my fault, but this is bullshit.
>>
>>24617607
I went through basically the same thing this weekend. Wanted both shiny Lati@s in premier balls, and when I found Latias it ran dangerously low on PP so I unfortunately had to use a masterball. It was really stressful.

Luckily I found the Latios today and got it in a premier.
>>
Any battle involving Mega Sableye
>>
>>24617644
At least you got Latios in it.
>>
>>24617553
In AS shedinja with heal block, and false slice made "easy" work. Still took like 200 premier balls. With him struggling to death at least once.
>>
File: [email protected] (2 MB, 1628x2008) Image search: [Google]
Lati@s.jpg
2 MB, 1628x2008
>>24617654
Yeah, I am still happy with both my captures.
>>
>>24617703
Nice, man.
>>
Resetting for Legendary Shinies might be the most autisric thing.
>>
I remember having a battle with a friend of mine on Showdown using randoms.
He had an Arceus-Water and I had a Lapras.
I managed to freeze his Arceus, but the fucker just wouldn't die. He eventually gave up since it was obvious the battle wasn't going to end soon.
>>
>>24617803
Also, Raikou on Pokemon Colosseum takes fucking ages to catch. Especially if I'm using a team that isn't intended to make quick work of the rest of Ein's mon. I don't know why but Raikou always tries to test my patience in the Shadow Pokemon Lab
>>
File: KoopableRayquazaSHencounter.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
KoopableRayquazaSHencounter.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Balltism forced me to catch it in a luxury ball. This fight has easily taken more than two hours of intense stress
>>
>>24617519

Was doing a Soul Silver playthrough using pokemon I don't normally use and without grinding. I spent 20 minutes on Whitney's Clefairy because it kept metronoming healing moves.
>>
Well, I played an OU match once...
>>
File: 1445792783378.jpg (603 KB, 1306x2972) Image search: [Google]
1445792783378.jpg
603 KB, 1306x2972
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-247965078

It was the toughest I ever went through, even if I only watched it afterwards and read about it.
>>
>>24617613
P-Don has rest too, and good luck weakening that shit. Thank god I had my Vibrava.
>>
File: regice.jpg (5 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
regice.jpg
5 KB, 151x151
for some reason, Regirock and Registeel usually are caught in 20 ultra balls or less normally.

not Regice though. both in Gen III and ORAS, I've always had the most trouble just getting this fucker to stay in the ball.

I think it took closer to 50-60 ultra balls for me in AS, maybe more back in the day in Emerald.
>>
>>24620429
You too? Regice seems to have some aversion to staying in the ball that the other Regis, Gigas included, just don't.

Also, on the subject of stubborn Legendaries, I REFUSE to believe that those worthless fucking shitkicking pixies have the same capture rate as everything else. Uxie and his gang are the worst pieces of shit to capture in any gen. They NEVER stay in the ball.
>>
>>24617519
Ho-Oh, I think. Recover and bodyguard are annoying.
>>
6 MAGIKARPS
>>
>>24620417
Went 'fuck it', KO'd it and went back after the League.
It wasn't even Groudon itself, it was the goddamn cutscene.
Overleveled Worry Seed/Stun Spore/False Swipe Breloom and a Pelipper.
>>
>>24617519
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-284681451

I felt like being cancerous that day and used the Shedinja + Sableye team and got matched up with another stall shitter. Ended up with a 300 turn battle that lasted like 3 hours because the other faggot was determined to keep going until he had no PP left on any of his mons. I won but it wasn't worth the boredom.

It's a shame that the replay cuts off after 250 though. He eventually invited a bunch of his friends to shit talk me, who then spammed the link to the battle in the lobby and got a bunch of people hyping up this dogshit battle.
>>
>>24620542
>u are mad
Pfffft
>>
>>24617641
That was horrible, anon. Almost froze the 3DS when I skipped from the Furfrou vs Umbreon to the Aegislash vs Scizor.
>>
cynthia in platinum
>>
Got stalled in the battle maison. I had milotic he had wallrein

It lasted for 50 turns
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.