[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't even do memory link anymore Is shutting down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: pokemon black 2.png (118 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
pokemon black 2.png
118 KB, 250x229
>can't even do memory link anymore

Is shutting down DS wifi the most inconvenient, anti-consumer thing Nintendo has ever done?
>>
No because it was not their decision, it was GameSpy's.

http://altwfc.net
>>
>>24617430

Because I'm sure Nintendo anticipated Gamespy shitting the bed right?

Reminder that Nintendo WiFi wasn't the only thing affected by Gamespy's closure,

>>>/trash/
>>
>>24617430

you do know you can do it via wireless, right?
>>
>>24617460
Wireless is Wi-Fi, what you mean is via regular Wi-Fi instead of Nintendo WFC.
>>
>>24617444
They would have shut it down a year later.
>>
>>24617430
>I've never read the manual
It stated that online services might randomly disappear since the beginning.

>>24617466
I don't know if you can, but I think he meant locally.
>>
>>24617466
He is referring to wireless locally, idiot.
>>
>Could have complained about the original Global Link lasting little more than a year after this game's release, an actual valid thing to complain about
>Chooses to bitch about Nintendo WiFi instead

Jesus christ anon, you're just racking up the fag points at a spectacular rate.
>>
>being this underage
all online games have to shut down eventually
>>
>>24618012
Don't be rude
>>
>>24618235

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>24617430
Why don't you simple shit your own pants rather than jerking off about Gen 5?
>>
Im more upset about dream world being gone forever
And all the empty spaces in my medal box I'll never get to fill
>>
>>24619026
Dream world was such a terrible idea. Same as Pokewalker. Keep your game's shit on the cart.
>>
>>24617444
Nintendo could have figured out how to host the servers themselves if there had actually been a will from them to do so. They had the final word on this decision in the end. Don't try to excuse this bullshit corporate behavior. B2W2 weren't even 2 years old when nintendo killed wifi.
>>
>>24618211
Having a first party nintendo game last less than 2 years is fucking inexcusable though. Terrible precedent for them to set.

To this day if I want to play CoD4 on PS3 or 360 online I still can, and that game came ouut 8 fucking years ago. No guarantees I'll find a game or anything, but the servers are still there.
>>
>>24619141
To be fair, pokemon company has alway encourged needing the most recent games by making the previous ones redundant.
Hence no ORAS compatibility patch for XY
>>
>>24619161
>always
You mean at the start of each gen or since BW, and even worse with ORAS.
>>
>>24619141
>>24617444
>>
File: Cartoon-I-Am-Weasel.jpg (7 KB, 233x243) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-I-Am-Weasel.jpg
7 KB, 233x243
You realize Memory Link is done between two DS over local wireless, not wifi.
>>
>>24619795
What about all the Platinum Formes.
>>
>>24619825

Actually it was done via Game Sync, which of course used Wifi. Yes, you could (and still can) do it wirelessly between two systems, but I suspect that far more players used Wifi because it required only one system, not two.
>>
>>24619134
Not true. Due to how the DS worked, they couldn't patch the games to reroute the traffic.
>>
>>24619845
oh shit I never knew it could be done with game sync. I always did it the two DS method
>>
>>24619882
>Not true. Due to how the DS worked, they couldn't patch the games to reroute the traffic.
Are you actually stupid?
>>
>>24619026
Same. I'm currently having a tonne of fun with White 2 and can't even complete all the medals like a true autist.
>>
>>24617430
Memory link was always local wireless, the online features have nothing to do with it you fucking basketball
>>
>>24617430
No, it was ORAS forcing you to upgrade to continue competing in online ladders, and new megas being incompatible with XY.

One year later and my Y cartridge is useless. Being able to go online is pointless when you can't even play against people.
>>
>>24621011
Entertainment is a service now, not a product.
Buying the newest Pokémon game is more like a subscription fee to be able to use the online Pokémon community for the next year or two.
Sure, they could update XY to make it compatible with ORAS megas, but then fewer people would buy ORAS.
>>
>>24620976

That's flat-out incorrect. Memory Link could be done wirelessly, but could also be done by using Game Sync. All you had to do was register your BW2 game to the same account as your BW1 game. Only one device needed.
>>
>>24621011
butthurt cheater detected
>>
>>24620932
you could never regardless because some were from competitions
>>
>>24621298
try speaking english
>>
File: 1441835598168.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441835598168.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>24619026

I had the fucking haunted mansion loaded with all the coolest shit......

Say what you want but it was fun and actually made me give a shit about growing berries unlike the way OR/AS handles it...
>>
>>24621343
ORAS handled it the same way as RSE
>>
>>24619141
>MvC2 servers are still up even though the game got pulled
>mfw no face
>>
>>24621716

I know....I've been playing pokemon since red and blue.... what I'm saying is I preferred the relaxing getaway the dream world was to hijacking the berry master's house
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.