[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Terrible 3d model >No moves >Outclassed by other Fire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: Delphox.png (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Delphox.png
80 KB, 300x300
>Terrible 3d model
>No moves
>Outclassed by other Fire and psychic pokemon
>Inferior design concept compared to Braixen

Is Delphox the Samurott of Gen VI ?
>>
>tail has only one color
>>
>>24616414
I actually love is design, and typing. My problem with it is the horrible 3d model, and how greninja just shits all over it both in offense speed ability, and move pool.

Still it's great in game, though that's saying little with how easy the games is.
>>
>>24616437
>love is design
baby dont hurt me
>>
No, Samurott at least has a defense force
>>
>>24616414
>>24616437
What's wrong with its 3d model?
>>
I still like using it, especially in UU. I use it as a Switcheroo lead.
>>
The design is really good, it's just the model that looks like a trafic cone. It even looks decent in the anime. And don't you talk shit about Samurott.
>>
>Is Delphox the Samurott of Gen VI ?
In a way that it's pre-evo appeals to people with shit taste? Yes.
>>
File: Delphox_Model.gif (116 KB, 95x110) Image search: [Google]
Delphox_Model.gif
116 KB, 95x110
>>24616474
I agree, there's nothing wrong with this beautiful model.
>>
>>24616414
>Is Delphox the Samurott of Gen VI ?

No, because the design is actually a logical step forward from the pre-evo.
>>
>>24616474
The pose is not flattering.

If it kept its wand out all the time and held it in a position similar to the Sugi or to the OP pic, it'd be a lot better.

There are probably some proportion tweaks that would make it more visually appealing as well.
>>
>>24616414
Mages are dumb. That's the problem.
>>
>>24616414

>No moves

We're talking about Delphox here, not Typhlosion. With Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, and Shock Wave, Delphox's movepool is actually above average for Fire-types.
>>
>>24616414
>A fucking witch
>Zero moves
How did GameFreak fuck this hard?
>>
>>24616639
This. Typhlosion will always be the worst Fire starter.
>>
>>24616639
/vp/ thinks every mon must have thunderbolt, ice beam, earth power, power gem, moonblast, scald, draco meteor, nasty plot, shell smash and quiver dance or else its a shitmon without moves
>>
>>24616414
Magician is fucking horrible.
I hope Gen VII corrects its 3D sprite and retcons Magician to be just like Technician. Shock Wave and Hidden Power become so much better.
>>
>>24616696
But it's a witch. Witches can use magic, so it would make sense for them to use most of what you said.
If a fucking ninja frog can have access to (nearly?) every single type, then why does a witch have no coverage at all?
>>
>>24616709
it's a fire mage
fire mages are more specific than generic witches
>>
>>24616709
also the greninja thing is obviously pandering. you don't seem to complain about chesnaught for some reason
>>
>>24616734
So that makes greninja a water ninja, yet it has access to a lot more moves than delphox
>>
>>24616414
>>24604568
>>
>>24616709
>>24616746
The thing about Greninja is that it's supposed to blend in with its surroundings and be able to "adapt" to any situation (kind of like Kecleon, which is why it gets Protean).

And unlike most people, I don't think Greninja's movepool is spectacular, Protean just makes it hit really really hard and I guess unlike Chesnaught/Delphox it can go mixed but that's just kind of a "Rogue"-like thing.

What a lot of people don't think about when they complain about Delphox is that it's not only a "Mage", but also a cleric. Mystical Fire/Will-O-Wisp hurt both of the opponent's offenses. It gets Light Screen, Magic Coat, Wish, Lucky Chant, and Safeguard. Its main problem is that Fire/Psychic is a very iffy defensive type so more people like to run it offensively.
>>
>>24616709

Greninja needs all those differnet types to take advantage of Protean
>>
>>24616709
Delphox is a fucking magician. Pulling its wand out of its sleeve and shit. Just look at psychic type moves in general, a lot of them are all about pulling a fast one over other Pokemon.

If you want a fucking witch, use Mismagius. If you want a wizard, use a male Mismagius. If you want a magician, use Delphox.
>>
>>24616414
It is pretty shitty, but like blastoise is, with a very finite niche. Blastoise's bulk and one move, rapid spin, which enables toxic play, make it one of charizard's, talonflame's, volcarona's, dragonite's and many others favorite teammates and it's very usefull. Now can blastoise really kick ass on it's own, no. Which is why yall think it sucks. Delphox has another one move gimmick making it particularly invaluable against current set up sweepers in the meta like clefable and other calm mind users. Mystical fire gives Delphox a great opportunity to check so many boosting threats that require their boost. Will it succeed elsewhere, fuck no, but removing clefable from the opposing party is quite an asset.
>>
>>24616414

People actually like Samurott, so no
>>
In that it's probably the least useful of the three starters, has a weak moveset despite some no-brainer ones to give it that work both in making it useful and fitting the Pokemon, and has an annoying shit-taste fanbase of the mid-evo who despise the final one because it isn't what they wanted?

Yes.
>>
>>24617728
I like Delphox, but I hate Braxien. Something about its arms bothers me. They look too thin
>>
>>24617761
I think it's that it makes the arms seem bare. Fennekin's got a full yellow coat, and Delphox has the sleeves. Then Braixen has these bare-looking arms while the rest of it seems "covered" in some way.
>>
>>24616639
Why and how do fire types learn grass knot anyway
>>
>>24617841
Yeah that's it. I could never put my finger on it what was off with its design. The arms are bare while most of its body is covered.
>>
>>24617877
Because it's a sneaky fucker, like most magicians.
>>
>>24616709
>>24616746
>If a fucking ninja frog can have access to (nearly?) every single type
It misses out on Fairy completely and only has access to Fire, Electric, Steel, and Dragon moves through Hidden Power. That leaves 13/18, compared to Delphox's 14 (no Ice/Ground/Flying/Dragon) and Chesnaught's 16 (no Water/Fairy). Most of Greninja's remaining movepool is pretty much what you'd expect to see from a Water/Dark ninja that specializes in throwing shit to attack. Shit like Dig, Smack Down, U-Turn, and Acrobatics. You can check Serebii or Bulbapedia or wherever, the only move that Greninja has that's really out of place is Extrasensory.
>>
>>24617981
Extrasensory has always been weird, considering Nuzleaf can learn it.
>>
>>24617997
Yeah, the fact that it started out as Nuzleaf's signature move makes me think that there's some flavor behind it that was lost in translation.
>>
File: 1444250985171.jpg (734 KB, 1744x2489) Image search: [Google]
1444250985171.jpg
734 KB, 1744x2489
>>24616592
>the design is actually a logical step forward from the pre-evo
All because it doesn't stand on twos right? Evolution doesn't work that way my friend. There is also the concept that should be considered.
>>
>>24616414
>compared to Braixen
Not all animal-based pokemon needs to be fuckable, you degenerate furry.
>>
>>24616414
Yes
>>
Because wizards that use wands are the worst.
Mega Delphox better have a gnarled oaken staff like a proper sorcerer.
>>
>>24616414
>Terrible 3d model
People always say this about ingame Delphox. Whats so offensive about its model?
>>
>>24616414
A good model and good mega design could save it IMO.
>>
No, Delphox is the waifu of Gen VI
>>
>>24616643

>can learn many fire attacks like Flamethrower, Fire Storm etc

>can learn psychic moves like Psychic, Psyshock etc.

>can learn some grass moves for coverage like Solar Beam, Grass Knot etc.

>can learn Shadow Ball

>different status moves like Hypnosis, Wish or Calm Mind

>can learn Shock Wave with move tutors and other physical moves like Low Kick or Iron Tail

WTF are you here talking about
>>
>>24616414
it went from a Fox Touhou character to fucking Dumbledore with a hairy chest/beard
>>
>>24618915
>Shock Wave
60bp
>Iron Tail
Off 69 Atk
>Low kick
Depends on opponents weight
>Grass Knot
is really useful
>Shadow Ball
It hits like a truck with its unstab 80 bp coming off
114 spa
>>
>>24620590
amazed it doesn't learn Focus Blast

i thought all Psychics learn it
>>
>>24620660
Delphox would be too OP with Focus Blast
>>
>>24616414
>Terrible 3d model
Yeah.
>No moves
At least it got Dazzling Gleam, I guess.
For the most part, yeah.
>Inferior design concept compared to Braixen
Has a better concept, but whether it has a better design is debatable. I think it does.

It's still my favorite
>>
>>24616414
>No moves
I almost agree with this. It has Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot and Shadow Ball. Solarbeam can be fun with Power Herb and Magician.
On the other hand, there are worse Fire and Psychic Pokemon.

The rest is just "m-muh opinion".

>>24616639
No one uses Shock Wave and Grass Knot's power is not reliable.

>>24618915
>can learn many fire attacks like Flamethrower, Fire Storm etc
>can learn psychic moves like Psychic, Psyshock etc.
>can learn Shock Wave with move tutors and other physical moves like Low Kick or Iron Tail
Really now.
>>
>>24617728
>In that it's probably the least useful of the three starters

Things may have changed, but Samurott was arguably the closest the gen v starters came to competence.

On release, Serperior was awful.
>>
File: 1446927401424.jpg (16 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
1446927401424.jpg
16 KB, 374x250
>>24617699
>People actually like Samurott
>>
File: 1436482672249.png (24 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1436482672249.png
24 KB, 201x201
>>24620799
>>
>>24620750
>No one uses Shock Wave
Before mega evolution, I would have said it's good for maiming Gyarados. Alas...
>>
>>24617728
Hey now, they are pretty useful ingame.
Just not competitively.
>>
>>24620954
Well nearly everything's useful in-game. I had a Sunflora as the star of a recent Crystal run.
>>
>>24620989
No, being useful ingame is
>being fast
>hitting hard
>>
>>24620997
Not being able to switch in without taking tons of damage sure is useful.
>>
>>24620989
>>24620997
>>24621021
This discussion reminded me of a thing Smogon used to do. In-game tier list, I liked those.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/adv_frlg_ingametiers
>>
>>24616414
>>Inferior design concept compared to Braixen

Wut.
>>
File: do you get it.jpg (2 MB, 1305x1772) Image search: [Google]
do you get it.jpg
2 MB, 1305x1772
More coverage would fit a mage, but Psyshock/Grass Knot/Shadow Ball/Fire Blast hit almost everything it needs to.

It's too slow to sweep, so it needs power and stallbreaking abilities. Give it Nasty Plot and Taunt.
>>
>>24621021
That's only useful in nuzlockes.
See >>24621031
>>
>>24621054
It's useful to be able to take a hit in regular games too.
>>
>>24621104
Of course, but it's not as useful as sweeping.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.