[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo guys it's me again, I started working on the idea i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fdoI8.png (105 KB, 504x336) Image search: [Google]
fdoI8.png
105 KB, 504x336
Yo guys it's me again,

I started working on the idea i had: A website for hosting Pokemon tournaments.

My previous post for the people that missed it:
"I was thinking of creating a website where people from /vp/ and basically anywhere from the world could host/participate in tournaments.

These tournaments could be made by streamers, the website it self and basically anyone.

This is just the core of the project so if you have feedback or question or suggestion, please do tell me"

So that I've started it, I'm looking for suggestions!
>>
Uh, could you provide more details about what your website would be like?

Most importantly, how would it be significantly better than http://challonge.com/ ?
>>
>>24615630
Well first of all it would be easier for people to participate and host their own tournaments

you would sing in once with the details about your game, your friend code etc, and you can just look for a tournament of your liking, look for which tournament has a reward you want or maybe a fun theme to it.
>>
>>24615613
Make a fucking prototype
These circle jerk threads go nowhere
>>
>>24616934
ye working on it
>>
>>24616934
I don't have a problem with tripfags.
As long as they are contributing to the thread and not talking about their life then whats the problem?

Hopefully it doesn't turn into wifi general.
>>
>>24615613
Which rules are these tournaments going by?
GBA? VGC?
>>
>>24619874
I didn't mention anything about trip fags
>>24619863
Good deal, man! I'll stop shit posting in your threads, then.
Mechanics I'd like to see:
>anybody can be an "event organizer"
>EO's can set the rules for competitions entirely
>simple (SIMPLE) username login so we can personally keep long-term records if we so choose
>Leaderboards seem critical

Competition is key here, so focus on aspects that improve competitions as a whole. Once you have that prototype, /vp/ (and probably smogon and other websites you will mostly ignore) will tear it apart with criticism and we'll be able to make something really good.
>>
>>24615613
Thanks for the ideas OP, got my friends working on something similar.
>>
>>24620072
Haha what are u guys working on? :)
>>
>>24620060
Ye I want to be really easy to use and very competitive.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.