[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove me wrong. Hint: You can't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Best pokemon games.png (955 KB, 400x2000) Image search: [Google]
Best pokemon games.png
955 KB, 400x2000
Prove me wrong.

Hint: You can't.
>>
>>24615226
read the rules
>>
File: ty_the_tasmanian_tiger_2_bu.jpg (34 KB, 422x317) Image search: [Google]
ty_the_tasmanian_tiger_2_bu.jpg
34 KB, 422x317
>>24615226
>My opinions are fact!
>>
>>24615232
>>
>>24615226
switch platinum with ruby and sapphire then reverse it and youre right
>>
>>24615226
>GSC
>HGSS
>not at the absolute bottom

Johtobabbies, not even once.
>>
>>24615236
Ty is the greatest game.
>>
>>24615226
Good taste anon. Gold and Silver should be closer to the top though senpai desu
>>
>>24615276
>shit taste: the post
>>
>>24615280
I probably forgot how good they actually were after HGSS became a thing.
>>
File: narutoabridged-lungcancer-2.jpg (131 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
narutoabridged-lungcancer-2.jpg
131 KB, 480x344
>>24615232
>>
>>24615226

>Placing different games from the same gen far apart from one another.

All games from the same gen are at the same level of quality. XY=ORAS, DP=HGSS, RS=E=FRLG, etc.

It's about the game engine, not the plot. The plots of these games are always retarded.
>>
>>24615350
Not true, games in the same generation can have different mechanics. Like how Emerald included a lot of shit from RS, like Platinum added new forms to pre-existing mons in DP, etc.

That reason doesn't make sense. If it was all based on the game engine, then ORAS and XY would be the best games. One can say they are, of course, but there also factors to be taken into account, like the region itself, the characters, the difficulty, the pokedex, etc.
>>
>>24615383

>Not true, games in the same generation can have different mechanics.

I suppose that would make them slightly better. It's more like an expansion pack at that point, when you look at it from that perspective.

>the characters

The characters are usually pretty forgettable. The Pokemon games, have always put the emphasis on the multiplayer aspect. If you're looking for well written characters you should probably be playing other JRPG's insead, considering how basic the campaign always is in Pokemon.

>the difficulty

Not sure what you mean by this. All of the games are extremely easy.
>>
>>24615426
>The characters are usually pretty forgettable. The Pokemon games, have always put the emphasis on the multiplayer aspect. If you're looking for well written characters you should probably be playing other JRPG's insead, considering how basic the campaign always is in Pokemon.
There's still the odd one that's still memorable.

>Not sure what you mean by this. All of the games are extremely easy.
Of course, but Gen 6 even more-so.
>>
>>24615278
>2015
>actually knowing who Ty is

Struth, my nigga.
>>
File: red_moth.png (207 KB, 417x313) Image search: [Google]
red_moth.png
207 KB, 417x313
HG/SS are worse than BW/BW2

I did a rerun of SS and I used pineco and it was like level 32 by Claire's gym. The rocket grunts have lv 18 pokemon. At that point I just gave up because I don't want to solo the game with feraligatr or grind for hours

BW2 a best

Also no jhoto pokemon
>>
File: screw.jpg (22 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
screw.jpg
22 KB, 450x338
>>24615232
>>
went back to play black 2 recently and it's overrated

the game is oppressively linear with almost every single area having some sort of scripted segment that absolutely cripples the pacing, the game is no more complicated than any other pokemon game but for some reason doesn't trust you to go off on your own for more than 5 minutes without a character coming along and explaining the gimmick for that route to you ( this is especially bad when it comes to those hidden passages they included since it robs you of discovering them for yourself)

the game puts a huge emphasis on the story and characters but it doesn't have a story or a character to justify this, it just ends up feeling like it misses the point of a pokemon game by trying to recreate the feeling of the show, there's way too much fucking dialogue in this game

for some reason literally no one in the game up until the ghestis fight (very late, at least 3/4 through the game) has any more than 3 pokemon, this works early in the game since you'll probably have about the same but the more you go on the more noticeably easy the game becomes

also, while the music is great, they have this annoying feature where if you get low on health a new "panicky" song will start playing in place of the current song, this is bad not just because the song itself is shit but because it cuts out some of the best music in the game
>>
File: 1440232980568.png (68 KB, 304x296) Image search: [Google]
1440232980568.png
68 KB, 304x296
>1. HGSS
>9. Crystal
>11. GS

>3. Platinum
>8. DP

>5. Emerald
>12. RS

The fuck is with these big gaps?
>>
>>24615226
Gen 5 waaaay to high to be true.
>>
>>24615534
my pokemon were levels 35-43 by Clair and I had 5 of them
you suck mate
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.