[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why gen 6 has such braindead gameplay? >2HKO resists, OHKO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: lolresist.png (5 KB, 352x88) Image search: [Google]
lolresist.png
5 KB, 352x88
Why gen 6 has such braindead gameplay?

>2HKO resists, OHKO neutrals
>Predict? What's that? Still 2HKO whatever comes out after rocks/spikes
>oh no they set up, Bravest Bird to the rescue
>Prankster Thunder Wave just in case
>Choice Specs Hyper Voice XD great choice
>auto pilot Sableye/Shedinja/Gothitelle/Quagsire stall core

Can it get any worse in gen 7?
But hey, at least we don't have OP dragons anymore
>>
Are you playing OU? Pokemon in general is braindead, OU makes it worse.
>>
File: lake of rage.jpg (470 KB, 640x576) Image search: [Google]
lake of rage.jpg
470 KB, 640x576
>oh no they set up, Bravest Bird to the rescue
>Prankster Thunder Wave just in case
>auto pilot Sableye/Shedinja/Gothitelle/Quagsire stall core

THIS SO FUCKING MUCH HOLY SHIT

HERE LET ME SHOW YOU VGC EDITION

>2HKO resists, OHKO neutrals
>Predict? What's that? spam return/sucker punch with mega kangaskhan
>oh no intimidate lead, bisharp to the rescue
>better spam rock slide with my landorus, because flinching my opponent is top tier skill
>Prankster Thunder Wave/Swagger just in case
>auto pilot cresselia/heatran
>>
>>24611475
>BUT THAT MEANS I CAN'T WIN
>>
I can tell by the format of your posts that you're just shitposting, but damn... I hope you're not trying to make an actual point.
>>
Power Creep.
>>
File: buttscab.jpg (193 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
buttscab.jpg
193 KB, 800x800
>>24611487
>buttscab
>>
>>24611498
E-pig
>>
>>24611453
If gen 7 kills stall like gen 6 killed weather wars...do you think smogon would disregard/Ban an entire gen just to keep his boner for 2-hour games up?
>>
>>24611617
stay without the trip, luvdisc boi.
>>
>>24611487
You're the only one shitposting here bro.

>>24611494
Will it ever give us a break? Weather wars was annoying but 6 managed to disappoint me even more.
>>
>>24611663
Just going to get worse from here on out. New Megas, better Fairy types, and new ridiculous abilities.
>>
File: 1444444524577.png (117 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
1444444524577.png
117 KB, 258x196
>>24611453
except pokemon is pretty far from braindead and requires a lot of thinking and predictions once you get out of elo hell, where all the actual braindead players are stuck in. and judging from your opponent having heat wave, unless youre in doubles, it looks like youre an elo hell player yourself.
sure it's unbalanced and uncompetitive, but it's fucking pokemon. either learn to deal with the cards youre dealt with or play something else
>>
>>24611657
I'm not Buttscab, Brett or whatever that underage name's is, is that I find "Opinion Discarded" reply a weak reply for the underage.
>>
>>24611453
git gud skrub
>>
>>24611797
>I'm not Buttscab
>defends buttscab
gtfo buttscab
>>
>>24611766
>and judging from your opponent having heat wave, unless youre in doubles, it looks like youre an elo hell player yourself.

You're the braindead one, OP's picture clearly shows that one other Pokemon dodged the Heat Wave. He's playing Doubles.
>>
>>24611663
>le you're the only one shitpositng here fais XDDDDDDDDDD

btw this post isn't a shitpost anymore because i took off my trip lel
>>
>Azumarill used Belly Drum!
>Azumarill used Aqua Jet!
>>
>prediction
You mean guessing.
>>
>>24611453
>Speed Boost Blaziken

It's called checks and balances. I know that's such a strange concept to someone like you.
>>
File: 1446522215213.png (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446522215213.png
80 KB, 500x500
>>24612632
>>
>>Predict? What's that? Still 2HKO whatever comes out after rocks/spikes
That's why smogmeme 6v6 is shit. Everything basically has 87% health by default instead of 100% which is messed up with power creep
>>
Just you wait. We're gonna get a new Pokemon with higher defenses than Shuckle, multiscale, and a ridiculous move set.
>>
>>24612739
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: 1430848349448.jpg (32 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1430848349448.jpg
32 KB, 496x499
>>24612573
>Azumarill was hurt by the Iron Barbs
>Azumarill was hurt by the Rocky Helmet
>Azumarill fainted
>>
>>24612746
Well shit. I only use it for one thread and forgot to remove it. Second time in a week that I've done it.
LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES KIDS.
>>
>>24612749
>using falseforetress
ferrothorn is more cancerous than mega sableye
>>
>>24612767
>sableye
>cancerous

feels nice to keep away your shitty hazards :^)
>>
>>24612767
>it has a deadly x4 weakness
>no acces to healing spam
>His recovery is very situational
>Easily statused

how is that more cancerous than that magic bouncing-Stalling asshole?
is this 2013?
>>
Bravest Bird is literally the most cancerous thing this generation has introduced. 120 BP priority STAB, fucking brilliant. That won't completely eliminate every single Bug that doesn't have a secondary type resisting Flying from OU at all.
>oh wait
And this coming off Gen V, which was so friendly to best type.
>>
>>24611487
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>24612898
Why would you want more Bug types when you can just use Scizor? I even gave it a mega.
Regards John Game Freak
>>
>>24612965
Thanks, Mr. GameFreak! I especially appreciate how you made Fairy resist Bug for absolutely no reason, what with Bug being such a ferocious offensive threat and all. Good thing everyone's favorite Bug has Bullet Punch on Technician, which doesn't even change when he Megas!

holy fuck the GF Scizor dick-riding is almost as bad as the GF Gengar dick-riding. stealing Shadow Tag from Chandelure my fucking ass
>>
>>24612979
feels good to be a gengar fan then :^)
>>
>>24611453
Stealth Rocks ruined Pokémon to be honest. A guaranteed 12.5% damage minimum whenever your opponent switches something in that forces them to ruin something with Rapid Spin and Defog. That's even worse than Megas which more or less require you to run one.
>>
>>24613902
The Gen IV meta was fine with them because damage was more gradual back then.

Biggest problem is the power spike coming from megas. Megas should just outright be banned from competitive play to make things simple. They are by far the worst "addition" Gamefreak has added to the game. They add NOTHING different in terms of strategic like the physical special split did, they just make numbers bigger and give retarded OP abilities.
>>
>>24611453

This has been happening every gen.

It's called power creep.

Gen 3 was more offensive than Gen 2 (which was dominated by stall), Gen 4 was more offensive than Gen 3, Gen 5 was more offensive than Gen 5, and Gen 6 is more offensive than Gen 5.
>>
>>24615683
But hey at least we don't have to deal with Draco Meteor spam.
>>
>>24615665
>They are by far the worst "addition" Gamefreak has added to the game. They add NOTHING different in terms of strategic like the physical special split did, they just make numbers bigger and give retarded OP abilities.

Honestly reading people say how much megas improved competitive disappoints me.

There's not a single new strategy that megas brought,

>>24613902
>>24615665
SR was so strong in gen 4 that you'd give up one of your pokemon to set it up while not letting the opponent set theirs. Should've been banned day 1 imo.
>>
>>24618774
It's such a weird move.
I'm not sure who looked at it and thought being able to do up to 50% damage sounded fair.
To compare, you have to use spikes 3 times to do 25%.
Maybe it's time to make stealth rock just be a reskin of spikes.
>>
>>24611653
Lets make up a retarded clause for this
>gen 6.5 clause
>>
>>24611766
:^)
>>
>>24618732
No, now its boosted Hyper Voice and Return everywhere, everyone and their moms with 150+ Attack or Sp.Atk bases and Knock Off literally everywhere.

Having an offensive meta is not bad. However, it really stopped being somehow healthy to over centralized in spamming scout attacks and use only top ten OU tier mons. Before, and I am referring to Gen IV, even the shittiest Pokémon could have some kind of niche in high tiers (ok, not the shittiest, but the amount of good possibilities in just one tier was higher).
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.