[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What generation is the most hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: mio.png (154 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mio.png
154 KB, 300x300
What generation is the most hated?
>>
>>24611125
your favourite
>>
Hated: most recent.
Loved: previous.
Nostalgic for: two previous.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>24611125
>inb4 genwars
>>
>>24611125
I feel sorry for the poor unfortunate soul who had the inspiration to make this particular piece of nichijou fanart.
>>
>>24611125
(You)
>>
5th gen gets too much hate and 6th gen gets too little
;_;
>>
>>24611125
Thanks doc
>>
>>24611131
While gen 5 gets more love than it used to, gens 3 and 4 are the most loved because that's when a lot of people started playing.
>>
>>24611227
Are you kidding? There are tons of people who shitpost about OR/AS and say X/Y had excessive Genwun pandering.
>>
ALL OF THEM THE MINUTE THEY'RE ANNOUNCED
GO ISN'T EVEN OUT YET AND I HATE IT
>>
>>24611284
outside of /vp/ i meant
my irl friends praise them as if they're the best games in the series
>>
>>24611125
Probably 5. 5 is my second favorite but it seems pretty unpopular among normies. I'd say 4 (which happens to be my favorite) but then HGSS came out which made all the normies I know love it.
>>
>>24611368
I think Unova Haters hate Gen 5 because of Weather Wars, not tge games themselves.
>>
>>24611412
Nah, normies don't care about competitive, I'm pretty sure it's the lack of old Pokémon in Gen 1 and the bigger focus on story. The ones that got BW2 seem to like it better than BW1, which backs up the former claim.
>>
>>24611431
>>24611368
>>24611412
I assure you, only /vp/ has a boner for gen 5.

It's considered the weakest gen nearly everywhere else.
>>
>>24611444
Right, like I said, casuals seem to dislike it for the reasons stated. They also seem to eat up Gen 6 because of its nostalgia pandering even though they're some of the weakest entries in my eyes.
>>
>>24611459
>everyone but /vp/ is casual

Sure thing, bud. Keep patting yourself on the back.
>>
>>24611444
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=152164919
>>
>>24611464
Well not everyone but /vp/ but the vast majority are. There are casuals on /vp/ as well. I don't see many non-casuals disliking Gen 5, though I'm sure some do.

If you dislike Gen 5 and aren't a casual, can you state why?
>>
>>24611125

Thanks, doc.
>>
>>24611125
Definitely Gen VIII.
>>
>>24611125
Well, 4th deserves the most hate.
>>
By proper fans gen 6 or 1
>>
>>24615572
>introduced physical special split
>introduced easier breeding
>introduced online battles, allowed scaled Lvl 100 battles (a feature that has been inexplicably taken out)
>sinnoh was a fuckton huge region with a ton of exploration
>HGSS had ridiculous amounts of content
>Platinum is basically the definitive pokemon experience

Gen IV is the casualfaggot's least favorite gen.
>>
4 or 7 tbhf, and for good reason tbch
>>
>>24611125
4 and 6

t. nostalgiafag
>>
>>24615695
I just can't ever forgive the pacing of Diamond.
>>
>>24611284
>tons
when will this board learn
>>
>>24611125
All of them
>>
third gen is objectively the worst for cutting all the good features gen 2 added and making it impossible to obtain most of the pokemon
>>
>>24611472
gen 5 wasn't bad, just forgettable. It had a lot of potential but didn't do anything with it
>>
>>24615695
>easier breeding
Literally copy paste of Emerald's. And lol at saying that the split was good.
>>
>>24616570
>lol at saying that the split was good.

Before the split we had Pokémon with heavy investment in physical/special attack and all their STAB moves were special/physical, respectively. Those Pokémon are useable now (or at least better than before, it takes more than that to fix Flareon).
>>
File: 1445544296465.png (429 KB, 1000x1157) Image search: [Google]
1445544296465.png
429 KB, 1000x1157
>>24611125
Gen 6 cause of the low new mon count and the disappointing X/Y games.
>>
>>24611242
>gens 3 and 4 are the most loved because that's when a lot of people started playing.

You do realize that generation 1 of the main pokemon games sold the most games per generation, right?
>>
>>24616683
Honestly I don't mind the low mon count just because I like almost every single Pokémon introduced. The only one that comes to mind that I completely dislike is Diggersby. Gen 5 had more Pokémon but at the cost of making some pretty awful shit like Vanilluxe (though I love a lot of Gen 5 mons). Feels like they decided to trim the fat with XY's new Pokémon so the designs would be more consistently good.

The games themselves were disappointing though, I agree.
>>
>>24611368
>>24611412
>>24611459
I actually had fun with BW, probably one of which I had the most fun with (the best one about that is definitely XY), but I didn't consider it that good or I didn't remember it as such. I didn't like (and I still don't) is how linear the map is, and I'm glad it looks a bit different in B2W2. Another thing I don't like is how the battles look. Also, I think I focused too much on the wrong things. For example, I should have given more attention to new Pokémon and the story. Oh, I liked the Dream World, but I found it a little disappointing, mainly because of the local-only multiplayer stuff that I wanted to enjoy, but I couldn't.
I think most people might feel the same way, or couldn't enjoy it because of the "focusing on the wrong things" thing: BW tried to be different from other games, stuff you wouldn't expect. If you play it without knowing about this, instead of surprised you might be disappointed, because the game might not give you what you were looking for.

now have a dumb&funny story about what a normie's experience with BW might look like! enjoy! :)

>oh hey theres a new pokemon game! im going to buy it and get a pikachuuu *__*
>whoa what is this did i buy the wrong game?? i didnt want final fantasy game i wanted a pokemon g- oh here it is it says pokemon but what is this thing?? must be a new pokemon i guess

>some time later
>oh hey heres the forest lets go im gonna catch a pikachu!!!!
>two hours later
>whoa this game is actually hard! finding pikachu in this game is even harder than in pokemon red!
>three hours later
>looks for it on google and discovers pikachu isn't in the game
>sells the game and forgets about pokémon until XY comes out
>>
>>24611125
>/vp/
Gen 6 and sometimes genwun
>everywhere else
Gen 5 by far
>>
>>24617575
/vp/ hates every gen about equally.
>>
5 all The way. But everyone has to admit it has some of The stupidest designs.
>>
Platinum is my favorite
Tell me what's wrong with it
>>
Gen 6 has great looking pokemon but mega evolution is retarded. Also it's ridiculously easy and I just don't understand why. What do Gamefreak have to lose by making the game a little bit challenging? I've never heard of anyone finding Pokemon too difficult previously but I've heard a ton of people complain about it being too easy. If this keeps up everyone will be bored by the next gen.
>>
>>24621242

>rating a game low because of low difficult

WTF arw wrong with the people. By that logic Gen 2 should be the most hated.
>>
>>24611131
That applies perfectly to console versions of Zelda.
>>
>>24611125
probably 1.
I never see any hate for other gens.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.