[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2004 had 2 (technically 3) Pokemon games that released in Japan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1443026824385.png (231 KB, 480x309) Image search: [Google]
1443026824385.png
231 KB, 480x309
2004 had 2 (technically 3) Pokemon games that released in Japan.
Think that will ever happen again?
>>
>>24608923
I wonder if were original unmodified Red and Green even released somewhere outside of Japan? At least version 1.1

First thought would be South Korea and China, maybe Thailand, but they had it later too
>>
With the way Nintendo currently is? Nope.
If GF breaks free from Nintendo maybe. Or if Nintendo gets their shit together.

But if you want shovelware so badly try pokemon shuffle
>>
>>24609025
>Nintendo
they're as hands off on Pokemon as they can possibly be
>>
>>24609475
LOL
>>
>>24609025
You have no understanding of how Pokémon, or Nintendo, works
>>
>>24609479
Frankly if Nintendo was to be more hands on with Pokemon, maybe the optimization wouldn't be so laughable and glitches so numerous.
>>
>>24609497
I do.

>>24609501
Nintendo is an incompetent company. GF should hire some competent coders. But Nintendo doesn't have them on-hand, not for lending out anyways. Either way, that's just baseless conjure. If Nintendo didn't make such shitty handhelds. GF wouldn't need to optimize. Besides, GF games are optimized for an overclocked n3ds. Feels like GF always intended for them to work that way.
>>
>>24609528
I'm sorry, but I think he might be right, since half of your post is filled with wrong guesses.

Aside from the fact that what you're referring to isn't overclocking but underlocking prevention, it's not as you said. They could have done the same even if they didn't know there would have been a revision which improved the hardware. You might guess they tried to use models that were a little more high quality than what the 3DS should have used, so they wouldn't have to do all of them again for the next generation, that might be right. What you said isn't right, though. GameFreak developers knew about the 3DS hardware capabilities (If they didn't they wouldn't have disabled 3D during battles).
The fact is, that's not Pokémon exclusive. Every game can run better if you prevent your 3DS from underlocking when running games originally only meant for the original 3DS models. When you run them, they just try to use all of the hardware that's available for them. That's why they run better. The next 3DS Pokémon game might let you run it using the New 3DS hardware in its fulliest, but XY and ORAS weren't meant to be ran like that. At best, they did it because they didn't want to create better models for a newer hardware.
>>
>>24609528
>Nintendo is an incompetent company.
Every first party Nintendo title in the last 10 years has been rock solid.
>>
>>24609864
>this is what nintendoddlers think
>>
>>24609867
Low hanging fruit response. I agree they're behind the times in terms of console specs, multiplayer/account infrastructure and in general they don't seem to listen to fans as much as they should.

But still, they make fucking great games. I can't remember the last time I played a Nintendo game that was genuinely bad. Keep choking on cocks, faggot.
>>
>>24609880
Behind on console specs allows them to produce and sell consoles for a cheaper amount, making them more accessible to the public. That's why the Wii took of like it did.
>>
>>24609007
They weren't.
>>
>>24609880
>seriously replying to a /v/ermin
>>
>>24608923
we got 3 games this year already
Pokemon SMD
Pokemon Rumble World
Pokemon Candy Crush
>>
>>24610237
>Pokemon SMD
E-europe ;_;
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.