[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you not mind the 3D Pokemon so much if the animations were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: Sij4XyB.gif (3 MB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
Sij4XyB.gif
3 MB, 330x330
Would you not mind the 3D Pokemon so much if the animations were as full as life as the Coliseum animations were?
>>
>>24608676
pretty much yeah. the animations don't strike any unique poses or cool quirks to their respective species theyre based on
>>
>>24608680
some do, porygon z obviously...rotom

i bet in the future they will do a better job. it must have been a bitch just making models for them all.
>>
I have little faoth that they will revamp the model quality each new generation/game like thwy did with the sprites. I really hope that I'm wrong though.

My biggest beef is that a lot of Pokemon didn't make the 3d transotion so well. Like what the fuck is up with Garchomp? It doesn't look menacing anymore. I has a big pot belly, thick doofy neck, and rolled shoulders. Looks stupid as hell. There are others but that's the biggest offender, off the top of my head.

But yes, better animations would also be just dandy
>>
Sounds like it would make matches take even longer, so no
>>
>>24608746
It wouldn't, though. Idle animations happen regardless.
>>
File: garchomp.png (809 B, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.png
809 B, 80x80
>>24608738
Garchomp always had a thick doofy neck since conception
>>
>>24608680

this. Gen5 bisharp was full of life and cool as shit with his arm poses and little movements. In gen 6 he just stands their boringly.
>>
>>24608748
Maybe keep the fast attack and damage dealt animations

Fainting animations could be slower but not sure
>>
File: crick.gif (2 MB, 346x245) Image search: [Google]
crick.gif
2 MB, 346x245
>TFW nothing cool like this ever again
>>
>>24608676
I wouldn't, also trainers during battles and all of them having battle models, cool shit

Why gen 6 wasn't as good as Colo/eXtra Dimension?
>>
The tradeoff is that they had to keep recycling the Pokemon Stadium 1 animations until fucking gen 4.
>>
>>24608768
Man, why do the XY models have no real personality? Even the animated BW sprites had some.
>>
>>24608680
>the animations don't strike any unique poses or cool quirks to their respective species theyre based on
Did you ever played any Gen VI game? Just don't make any move when in a battle and see.
>>
>>24608837
Truly epic post, anon. This whole thread is a shitfest, between people that love 2 hour long battles, retards that see different Pokemon despite them looking the exact same, people liking that retarded ALWAYS HANDS UP gen V Bisharp, retarded people that only look at the gifs posted on 4chan instead of their own fucking game and think Pokemon don't have idle animations or whatever else, even the goddamn OP has one of the EXCEPTIONS where the Pokemon actually had an animation for idling.

Yes, i'm mad.
>>
>>24608768
Holy fuck 10/10
>>
>>24608738
They changed Rayquaza's model from XY in ORAS, so who knows?
>>
File: spooky.png (74 KB, 206x291) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
74 KB, 206x291
>>24608676
>>24608768
I think Mega Sableye's animations had some life in it
>>
File: MorphingJar-OW.png (399 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
MorphingJar-OW.png
399 KB, 416x416
>>24608910
Boy, someone's mad.

If you want your Pokemon lifeless, just play a sim. No need to ruin everyone else's game because you can't wait half a second for an animation.
>>
>>24608676
uh no, maybe a bunch of animations need some adjustments but they're mostly fine as they are
>>
>>24608953
I swear this is one of the most stupid designs I have ever seen

like, what's the point of this even lol
only mega slowbro or salamence can beat that
>>
>>24608984
>i want my Pokemon lifeless
>meanwhile he wants Pokemon that stand doing the same idle animation over and over and over and over and over with no variance, said animation being "move a little on the left, move a little on the right" or just "no moving outside of breathing"
And apparently i should be mad because i don't like wasting 12 seconds just to watch a Gengar fall on the ground behind it, fainting.
Whatever you say, anon.
>>
>>24609037
That's what the idle animations are right now. Pokemon do interesting as fuck things if you had even touched collosseum or PBR.
>>
The biggest problem with x and y models is that alot of them sre just really shitty in the actual model department

Coming from gen 5, where there was a lot of life and personality in the sprites, which where the best sprites yet, makes it that much more glaring
>>
>>24608910
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1442250565752.jpg (10 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1442250565752.jpg
10 KB, 249x249
>>24609044
the question is why the fuck would you want to play PBR
>>
>>24609049
The trade off was them being made out of a hideous amalgamation of rotating and deforming sprite parts
There is nothing worse than non square pixels.
>>
>>24609044
It appears you have your games reversed.
Let's take an example.

>Colo-PBR Houndoom
>stands there immobile, barely breathing
>that's it

>XYORAS Houndoom
>in a more appropriate stance for fighting
>breathes more heavily
>once in a while gets down and roars with a menacing face

Keckleon even does a similar animation to the one posted in the OP.

>>24609057
Wonderful argument.
>>
>>24609049
Crystal's way better in terms of sprite animation.
>>
>>24609087
>Houndoom stands there breathing in X and Y
>In PBR it roars at the opponent, adjusts itself, etc.

You've got the games mixed up. Not to mention.

>In PBR, when it gets hit it flies back, snarls and rushes back into the fight
>In X and Y, it flops.
>>
>>24609102
Crystal and BW/BW2 were ONLY games with sprite animation

You can't call this stuff from gen 3 and 4 a sprite animation seriously, it was just bending of them
>>
File: real dude.png (396 KB, 402x607) Image search: [Google]
real dude.png
396 KB, 402x607
>>24609087
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>24608931
>They changed Rayquaza's model
How so?
>>
>>24609032
>not liking hippoposnocone or dracroissant
>>
>>24608676
Yes. With a lot more movement in the models (and the removal of those god damn circles underneath the pokemon and a better battle bg), I think the battles would feel much more lively and fun to play. AND moves that make contact actually make contact with the enemy like in PBR.
>>
>>24609257
How would you recommend I do so?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.