[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's try to understand the Pokemon timeline We know there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Let's try to understand the Pokemon timeline

We know there are two different dimensions. One with Megas, and one without, but which games go into which dimensions?
>>
>>24608346
So do the remakes all go into the Mega Evolution timeline? XY is stated to go on or just a little bit after BW.
>>
>>24608315
Since Mega Evo's aren't a canon thing in any previous game, and that lore canon is different(Rayquaza stopping Groudon/Kyorgre, now is the first pokemon to ever Mega Evolve etc.)
>>
File: flower.png (235 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
flower.png
235 KB, 400x480
>>24608315
I agree with most of the stuff in that image. Parfum Palace was build 300 years ago after a war with neighbouring regions - in it are statues of Reshiram and Zekrom.

I remember hearing a theory that AZ went to Hoenn after the war 3000 years ago; he planted the tree in Sootopolis near Cave Of Origin. In the flowers around it is the Eternal Flower which is carried by his Floette
>>
>>24608400
The Mega Evolution timeline is

FRLG = ORAS (2 years later) -> HGSS = Gen 4 remakes (3 years later) -> BW (2 years later) -> BW2 = XY

3 years only because, going by Blue's reference in XY, he'd be 18, which is why he is studying abroad
>>
>>24608465
The time between
RGBYFRLG and GSCHGSS has always been canonically 3 years
>>
>>24608413
It's not a theory. It's a fact that he went to Hoenn and planted the tree.
>>
>>24608315
Does that mean Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 remakes within Mega universe?

Eww why there was no Hoenn remake without megashit during Gen 5 :^(
>>
>>24608686
You sounds like a underaged.
>>
>>24608315
Classic generation is simple
RBGY => GSC

The Sprite generation
FRLG = RSE
HGSS = DPPt

Fast forward a few years => BW
2 more years => B2W2

Infinite generation
ORAS = Kanto(Origins)

+3 years + a few years + 2 years => XY = Unova
Thing is, GF keeps creating new dimension every time a game-changing feature is announced, so it's pretty pointless to know which game goes which. Ok so you know that they're in different timelines. So what.

It's trivial (it's kinda useless, but fun to know).
>>
>>24608715
I'm not, I'm over 20 by now
>>
>>24608315
This whole thing feels like a Doctor Who episode.

GF is acting like Sega with Sonic now, attempting a reboot every generation. In V it was B/W, dubbed by them as a reboot with reset route signs. Now ORAS signals a whole new reboot.

We would've all been better off with being kept in the dark about this, now all sorts of attempts are being made to pull this shit together.
>>
I feel like all the remakes are a part of the Infinity Dimension, or Mega Dimension as I'd like to call it because they all connect with each other in some way plot wise

BW will also most likely get a remake, while BW2 is already in the Mega Dimension timeline. Although BW works as it is in the Mega Dimension because it doesn't conflict with anything.

Hell Colress will probably be the reason why Mega Evolution will be discovered in Unova
>>
The only thing we know about the dimension nonsense is that one universe has Mega Evolution and one doesn't, so it's pretty easy to tell which go where.

And sending a Pokemon to gen 6 changes the "arrived after a long journey through time" to "arrived after a long journey through time and space".
>>
I'm about to let my autism flow and make a chart that explains it all. Keep this thread alive!
>>
GB verse: Red, Blue, Yellow

GBC verse: Gold, Silver, Crystal

GBA verse: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald

NDS verse: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2

N3DS verse: X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
>>
>>24608877
First two are not correct, because they are 100% connected together as being in the same universe.
>>
>>24608877
Remakes have always fell in their own timeline. They aren't connected to the pair titles.
>>
I always looked at it as

Universe One - RBY (3 Years) GSC

Universe Two - FRLG/RSE (3 Years) HGSS/DPPt > BW > BW2

Universe Three - ORAS > XY

Everything created from now on will be in Universe 3, until the next game mechanic comes along that changes the game enough.
>>
File: TyrantrumWallpaper.jpg (283 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TyrantrumWallpaper.jpg
283 KB, 1280x720
>>24608315
Most recent game is the canon one period.

And Mega's existed from the beginning.

The alternate timeline reveal was just to explain what happened to all of the non-canon outdated versions of the games.

If you think otherwise, you have major autism.

Source: Numerous referenced to other games in X/Y and OR/AS, and one of the game writers tweeted out the official timeline, which was;

>Gen 1&3 -> 2&4 -> 5 -> 5.5/6

Just remember that the newest version(s) is the canon one with the current timeline, and you're fine. Factor in obvious things like "faries and megas always existed", but nothing about the pre-gen 6 games changes, there's no big mystery here.

No need to get autistic about it.
>>
>>24608933
This

But the dimensions mean shit all as they'll never go back
>>
Couldn't come up with a chat that looked good, but here's my thoughts.

Timeline 1 - RGB = E (3 years pass) -> C = Pt

Due to Dialga and Palkia's powers being used forcibly rather than on their own accord and under their control, multiple timelines and universes were created because of the events of Pt. Rather than continuing with the canon events of a "Grey Version" or whatever, we get the B/W timelines, among other things.

Timeline 2 - Pt (however many years pass) -> B (2 years pass) -> B2 = X

Timeline 3 - Pt (however many years pass) -> W (2 years pass) -> W2 = Y

Mega Evolution only (so far) being found in Kalos was fine, but because of ORAS we start universe hopping. I also propose that instead of ORAS getting tossed into a "remake" timeline or something, those games are part of their own universe where Mega Evolution has always been a thing, so "Universe 2". I'll even take it a step further and say that G, S, Ru, Sa, D, and P are all results of the events of Pt, and that they all take place in separate universes.

Timeline 4(?) RGB = Ru (3 years pass) -> G = D

Timeline (5)? RGB = Sa (3 years pass) -> S = P

Universe 3 would be FR = Ru remake without Mega Evolution (3 years pass) -> HG

Shit's confusing, man. Maybe there have been multiple timelines and universes from the start, maybe R, Ru, G, D and so one is one, and G, Sa, S, P is another?

Or maybe we're all just retarded
>>
File: Timeline.png (3 MB, 1056x5344) Image search: [Google]
Timeline.png
3 MB, 1056x5344
>>
File: mary.jpg (10 KB, 184x236) Image search: [Google]
mary.jpg
10 KB, 184x236
fr lg>hg ss>or as>dppt>bw bw2>xy
dont look too much into something not even they cared about as much

and the "different dimension" is a theory
by a girl who was about to fuck up the world if mc was not there
>>
There are three timelines.
1. R/G/B/Y »» G/S/C
2. FR/LG = R/S/E »» HG/SS = D/P/Pl »» B/W »» B2W2 = X/Y
3. OR/AS.

If you're confused. You clearly have autism. Since the games themselves tell you the events and timelines.
>>
>>24609243
Unnecessarily complicated.

FRLG = ORAS -> DPP = HGSS -> BW -> BW2 -> XYZ
>>
>>24609394
Unnecessarily simplistic.
>>
>>24609394
XYZ happens around the same time as BW2 according to one of the developers, but otherwise correct
>>
The events of all the games happen in some way in both timelines, just with mega evolution being prominent in one and not the other. The Blue being mentioned in X/Y isn't the Blue from Fr/Lg, he's Blue from the mega evolution timelines events of the first game.

The regular timeline would be Fr/Lg, R/S/E, Hg/Ss, D/P/P, B/W/B2W2, and something happening in Kalos without mega evolution

The mega timeline is

Something happens in Kanto with mega evolution, Oras, something happens in Johtho with mega evolution, Something happens in Sinnoh with mega evolution, Something happens in Unova with mega evolution, and then the events of XY

In the mega time line everything can be referenced because it happened, just not in the same way as in the regular timeline.
>>
>GBC Timeline
RGBY ---> GSC

>Advance/DS Timeline
FRLG = RSE ---> HGSS = DPPt ---> BW ---> BW2

>3DS/Mega Timeline
ORAS ---> XY
(not certain on the order in this timeline)
similar events that happened in the Advance/DS timeline have happened in this timeline too.
>>
>People still in denial that there are two seperase timelines
>>
>>24609243
>there are people who still think Yellow isn't the canon game of 1st gen

There's a reason Red has Pikachu and all the starters.
>>
>>24608933
> ORAS > XY

True. XY was shit
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.