[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Use Scald 4 times >Doesn't burn the opponent despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (59 KB, 405x569) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
59 KB, 405x569
>Use Scald 4 times
>Doesn't burn the opponent despite having a 120% chance with 4 attempts
>>
>math, how does it work?
>>
>>24606152
>120% chance

are you retarded?
>>
>>24606152
OP you only have a third of a chance of getting a burn each time its your turn.
>>
Scald? Teach that nigga Waterfall
>>
>>24606152
Get ready to be fucked up by some nerds, OP
>>
81% chance is the correct answer.
There is a 19% chance of failing, and you did it.
Technically, you were the lucky one.
>>
File: e3a.jpg (30 KB, 633x335) Image search: [Google]
e3a.jpg
30 KB, 633x335
>fucking numbers, how do they work?
>>
>>24606188
The word you're looking for is "unlucky," idiot.
>>
>>24606223
No, no. Philosophy aside, if you land an outcome that had a <50% chance of occurring, you are on the lucky side.
>>
>>24606229
So, if a thunder hit my head, I'm lucky?
>>
>>24606252
Of course.
How else are you going to reach that navajo-tier enlightment?
>>
>>24606252
On the grand scale of things, yes.
Perceived negativity is something humans do, so you call it unlucky.
>>
>>24606229
You're making the assumption here that "lucky" mean's least probable or improbable outcome.

All definitions of luck are about being fortunate and having good things happen.
>>
This is bait, but I don't have anything better to do.

.7*.7 = .49
.49 * .7 = .343
.343 * .7 = .2401
There was a 24% chance of not burning with all four Scalds.
>>
I once went 12 tries without a burn. It got to the point where I wanted to see how long Scald could hit without burning
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.