[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Create a starter trio based on the country/region/state you live in.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: Unknown.jpg (14 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
14 KB, 258x196
I'll start, Texas

Grass/flying pokemon based on the Mexican Free-tailed bat that is our state's flaying mammal. I picture the weird pink nose bats have to be a leaf and would be a pun to the leaf-nosed bat species and the females can have a small flower. I picture the possibility of having the fur to have cactus like spikes on it.

Nine branded Armadillo who is a fire/rock type.

Water/ground is based on a Texas toad with the motif of a bandido to go along with it.
>>
>new york
>latios
>latias
>steelix
>>
>>24605139
Toronto

Grass/Fairy based on Maple Trees. Its signature has something to do with changing colors of the leaves or sth
Fire/Poison based on the CN tower i dunno
Water/Ground Not-bidoof
>>
>>24605159
Not
Binacal
Lati@s
Electrode
>>
>>24605139

>Kansas

Pure grass sunflower Pokemon that totally won't just be a rip-off of Sunflora

Pure water type based on the ornate box turtle.

Fire/Normal Bison with flaming horns.
>>
>>24605139
nebraska
>
>
>
>>
Greece
>Water
DOLPHIN FINALLY CAUSE NATIONAL ANIMAL
>Grass
Maybe a grass/ground representing the mountains, or grass/fairy for nymphs
>Fire
I don't know... maybe something like Heliolisk, with the sun and all. Or maybe a volcano one (fire/ground?)
>>
Florida

Grass/Water
Fire/Water
Water/MORE FUCKING WATER
>>
>>24605230

Pretty sure the water one could be Water/Bug
>>
Why did you remake the thread?

California,

Grass-Rock based on Grizzly Bear (state animal) green leafy looking for and stoned over joints or something

Water-Normal based on Rainbow trout (state fish) just like the normal one cuz it already looks cool

Flying-Ground based on CA Valley Quail (state bird) just like the normal one cuz it already looks cool

Golden State is best state.
>>
>>24605244
and it'll be pond skimmer or mosquito?
>>
>>24605252
>water-normal
Why not water-fairy? That seems more fitting.
>>
>>24605139
Wood Duck (grass)
Terrier (fire)
Soft-shell Turtle (water)

Guess my state
>>
>>24605265
because I forgot fairy type existed since i havent played anything after Diamond/Pearl except for pokemon shuffle on my phone.
>>
>>24605275

Kentucka

or a dakota
>>
>>24605298
Nah I wish though
>>
>>24605275
Louisiana or Mississippi
>>
>Grass: Oddish the Weed pokemon
>Water: mudkip, shellos or tymple (cus water-ground represents dikes i guess?)
>Fire: Litleo (sinc our country is represented by the image of a orange lion for some reason).

Yes, I live in Holland.
>>
>>24605275
Sounds like Florida.
>>
>>24605315
>>24605326
Way off but I'm having fun now.

Try going north.
>>
Chiapas

Grass psychic quetzal
Fire electric jaguar
Water ground manatee
>>
grass/steel beaver with metal wood-chopping teeth.

water/ice polar bear since they swim and shit.

fire/flying goose because geese are mean motherfuckers.
>>
>Brazil
Snivy
Chimchar
Totodile
>>
File: starters.png (231 KB, 826x348) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
231 KB, 826x348
I live in a pretty boring part of Australia so I'll take things from all over.

Water/Fighting Brolga - taking inspiration from that crane-inspired kung fu. Mostly physical but with a high enough Sp.Atk to make use of Ice Beam. Very fast. HA: Water Veil

Grass/Rock literal Rock Wallaby - physical tank with good speed. HA: Limber

Fire/Electric Red Back Spider - slow, huge special attack, good defenses. HA: Immunity
>>
File: 1445452715559.jpg (87 KB, 677x960) Image search: [Google]
1445452715559.jpg
87 KB, 677x960
>>24605380
Do you own a cork hat?
>>
Grass/Poison dankasaurus, gets some fire coverage in the same way a bunch of water and fire starters get grass knot
Water beaver lumberjack, gets some steel moves
Fire/Ice dog based on a hipster, like how scraggy is a hoodlum

Guess the state.
>>
File: a3f.jpg (36 KB, 680x463) Image search: [Google]
a3f.jpg
36 KB, 680x463
>>24605380
>>24605398
Not an Aussie but found this online
>>
>>24605401
Washington and/or Colorado
>>
>>24605401
Washington?
>>
File: Map_of_Oregon_NA.png (2 MB, 1967x1331) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Oregon_NA.png
2 MB, 1967x1331
>>24605407
>>24605410

Very, very close.
>>
>>24605336
Quebec
>>
>>24605252
>no Fire-types in a state where it'd be most fitting
How bout you make a Fire type coyote that evolves into a Fire/Ground, keep the Rainbow trout but make it evolve into a Water/Fairy, keep the Grizzly Bear a Grass/Rock, therefore you're sorta representing the 3 parts of California; the Coast with Water-type, the Valley with Fire-type, and the Mountains with Grass-type. All you need now is a Demoshit Pokemon to represent the Bay Area and an Illegal Immigrant Pokemon for SoCal.
>>
>>24605431
>Demoshit
are you voting for trump or carson :^)
>>
>>24605421
Close enough. New England region starters. I've been to Quebec though, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>24605444
Ya caught me. The former. And before someone else does it, I'll send myself.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>24605415
Maine?
>>
>>24605453
Wrong coast friendo
>>
>>24605474
Oregon?
>>
>>24605398
fug, I actually do
>>
>>24605511
Well, the picture has it placed above California and below Washington.
ignore this condescending tone if you don't live in the US but if you do cmon you don't know the state placement?
>>
>Alberta, Canada

>Grass
Skiddo or Deerling, since there are tons of mountain goats and deer/elk where I live

>Fire
Growlithe, because it's the closest thing to do a coyote/wolf I can think of that also fits the type trio

>Water
Bidoof (inb4 normal type, Bibarel is a normal/water beaver so just pretend Bidoof counts)
>>
Toronto
>Grass/Ice hockey-player polar bear
>Fire/Normal poutine elk
>Water/Ground Tim-Hortons-worker beaver
>>
File: grapeville.jpg (46 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
grapeville.jpg
46 KB, 400x300
>Western Pennsylvania, Rust Belt

>Grass/Rock deer with oversized horns covering its head that make it Bastiodon-like.
>Fire/Steel ox, almost like Tauros but on fire and with smokestacks coming out of its shoulders and also not a bull idk
>Water/Poison beaver with a giant tail made of pure pollution. Has a signature move involving the use of said pollution tail.
>>
State I'm born in
>Maryland
Grass: A rabbit that becomes a bigass Grass/Fighting hare. Source; my cats have scratches from the bunnies theyve tried to eat

Water: A crab, duh. Solid Water through the whole line

Fire: Oriole. Becomes Fire/Flying

State I'm going to college in
>Wisconsin
Grass: A cow, gets a secondary Normal type.

Water: Man I don't fucking know. Becomes Water/Ice though because of the winter

Fire: uhhhhh a fire/ground badger
>>
>>24605252
I was kind of hoping for a Fire Bear, though. You know, how southern california is always on fucking fire every fall.
>>
>hawaii

Fire/Rock Lizard Mon (like a Gecko) with lava rock skin. since there's already a fire pig. Another possibility could be a humanoid mon based on fire dancers

Water/Flying Spinner Dolphin so there's finally a dolphin mon. That, or something based off the whales / monk seals.

Grass/Ground Taro related pokemon. Final form would have a ti-leaf skirt
>>
>>24605139
>England
>One is a Pigeon, one is a Magpie, one is a crow
>they're all just normal flying
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1000x600
>>24606410
God save the queen, senpai
>>
Southern Ontario

>Fire
Chipmunk with fiery embers on its cheeks. Evolves into a Wolverine with flames spilling out of its mouth (like charizard x) - would be a fast special attacker.

>Water
A small duckling that evolves into a bigger and edgy loon type bird (Water/Flying) - mixed physical/special attacker

>Grass
Small toad with warts along its limbs. Evolves into a swole motherfucking toad that stays on all 4 limbs - would be defensively oriented
>>
Australia

>Grass
A baby cassowary with leafy feathers. Evolves into a bigger cassowary with leafier feathers. Grass/Flying after evolving.

>Fire
Coal gecko. Probably call it 'Geckoal' or some similarly lazy name. Evolves into a bearded dragon (it's a type of lizard), then into a giant fire-breathing goanna.

>Water
A super kawaii wobbegong that would evolve into a land shark. Water/Dragon type in its last stage. Fast and physically-oriented.
>>
Northeast Ohio. We have mostly boring animals.

>Grass
Deerling clone, but edgier. Becomes Grass/Electric with downed power lines for Antlers, a staple of the Ohio landscape. We have too many fucking deer and I almost hit one with my car yesterday. In Akron, you can be in the middle of a city and see deer walking down the street in the ghetto next to the homeless guys begging in the street. So, yeah, angry ghetto deer with electric antlers.

>Fire
Gremlin made out of burning garbage. Becomes Fire/Poison and has Prankster as Hidden Ability, for priority Toxic/Will-o-Wisp. Pokedex entry says they're the reason the Cuyahoga River caught on fire back in the 70's. Yes, our river is so polluted it caught on fire once. Don't swim in it, you'll probably get AIDS.

>Water
Based on the Black Water Snake, our State Reptile, infesting any of our water clean enough that you'd want to swim in it, since if we have anything close to nice, it must be infested with snakes. They're not poisonous, thankfully, but they can grow up to 6 feet long and are known for attacking people. My uncle wrestled with one once, but he's a fucking psycho. Somehow he didn't get hurt. So, yeah, I'll say Water/Dark since it can bite you really hard.
>>
Australia NT

Fire/Ground toad/Frog
Water/Bug Spider
Grass/Rock Lizard
>>
>>24605139
Central south Australia

>Fire/rock type based on rock wallaby.
I almost want to make it a fire/fighting type with a boxing kangaroo theme but weve got enough of those. It would probably still learn high jump kick

>Grass/flying type based on an emu.
The body would be a bush and its wings would be leaves. Obviously emus cant fly but I figure it would be like a doduo type deal, plus I think it would be wasted potential not to make it a secondary flying type.

>Water type based on a platypus
Not much to say, I just kinda want a platypus lol
>>
Tasmania.
>Binacle
>Doduo
>Cherubi
>>
Jolly old Blighty, but trying something different than just pigeons.

Grass/flying pigeon that turns into a parrot, because there's loads of wild parrots in london where people get bored of them as pets and let them go. Intended as a booster, with a bird themed boosting move that boosts special attack and special defense, that mons like Chatot and Xatu also learn maybe. Otherwise has passable special attack and defenses and average speed, learns boomburst, hypervoice, loads of 'song' moves and generic special stuff. Hidden ability is unburden for shenanigans.

Fire/Rock dog. Looks like a pitbull mixed with a foo dog statue, but actually becomes more statuesque to differentiate from arcanine. Mostly meant to represent the amount of dogs that chavs and dole scroungers breed to fight or be guard dogs. Bulky physical attacker, not the best speed. Rock head as the hidden ability, learns head smash, flare blitz, etc.

Water/Dark rat. Fast but frail mixed attacker, leaning to the physical side a bit more. Hidden ability is Strong Jaw. Learns elemental fangs, crunch, hyper/super fang, etc.
>>
Central/East Victoria (in Aus)

>Fire/rock type based on an echidna.
It would have flaming spines or some shit. Majority of body is rock.

>Grass/Normal type based on a koala.
Would just be a green looking koala, maybe some theme similar to slakoth/slaking because they're lazy shits that eat and sleep all day.

>Water/steel type based on a platypus.
Bill, tail and claws would be metal, with a blue body. It would look cute as fuck.
>>
California

Fire -Primary/Secondary characteristics: Turtle/small feline features
>Often used as heating stones by Indian Elephants in exchange for protection from larger predators

Grass - Marijuana/rooted in place
>Known for producing a potent Poison which can put an Indian Elephant to sleep for several days.

Water - Golden Trout/Elephants
>Some Scientists argue that this pokemon is a descendant of Indian Elephants, but those scientists were promptly fired.

If I'm lucky I can come back later with stage 2 and some crude drawings of this stage
>>
File: 143564545.gif (473 KB, 475x320) Image search: [Google]
143564545.gif
473 KB, 475x320
>>24605139
Massachusetts, boring animal central.

Welp.

Grass/Flying Turkey
Water/Rock Frog
Fire/Ground Squirrel

deer, hawk, and ticks were runners up, maybe gypsy moth caterpillars since the ground is literally plastered with them 3 months a year
>>
>>24607726
The secondary typings are nice, though I feel Flying has an unfair advantage over Ground because it's an immunity.
>>
>>24607741
>Flying has an unfair advantage over Ground because it's an immunity
But it's part fucking Grass, m8, it's weak to fire. So kinda doesn't matter, eh? Also, each starter can kek the other, regardless of type, except I guess the Grass guy isn't very keked by the Water since Rock is only 2x SE. Then again all Water mon learn Ice moves, so.
>>
>>24607753
Good point.
>>
>>24605139
Norway
>grass seal turnign into a grass/ice polar bear with a tundra motif
>fire is an elk who has burning horns
>water is a water flying bird
>>
>>24605139
West Virginia

Black bear pokemon(water)

Bobcat (fire)

Opossum (Grass)
>>
Poland:

Fire/Flying - White-tailed eagle
Water - European pond turtle
Grass - European bison
>>
>>24607726
B-but turkeys don't fly
>>
California

Grass - Some desert animal I guess
Fire - Some bison
Water - Cali doesn't have water
>>
File: lobo_guara.jpg (91 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
lobo_guara.jpg
91 KB, 600x447
Brazil, far south:

Fire/Dark: Maned Wolf
Water/Normal: Capybara
Grass/Ground: Giant Anteater
>>
>>24605431
I know the rainbow trout is our state fish and all but I'm surprised the water type isn't a gray whale or killer whale, on account of the annual migration and SeaWorld. Also
>smack talking SoCal
>actually calling it SoCal
Disgusting
>>
File: fake ass gay starters stage 1.png (110 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
fake ass gay starters stage 1.png
110 KB, 900x900
>>24607720
Stage 2

Fire - Despite being larger and more active than it's pre-evolution, it's sluggishness requires it's host Indian Elephant to carry it around on long voyages.

Grass - Evolved after making an Indian Elephant conscious yet immobile, it moves into the city where it perfects its toxins on unsuspecting passerby.

Water - We agreed to re-hire Reasecher Kenneth after he agreed to hold his theories until he had solid evidence. We had to fire him again after he was caught playing Indian Elephant calls to this pokemon.

And as promised, crude drawings of stage 1
>>
>>24605139
>San diego

Grass/dark based on mountain lion. People straight from the beach city wouldn't get it and it wouldn't be competitively viable because typing but it would convince a lot of kids to actually choose the grass starter. It'd be grass dark because it's said that unless a lion wants you to know its there, you'll never see it coming. It goes
>stray kitten
>bobcat
>full grown shadow cat, like for real I really think it could be pulled off without looking like it was drawn by an autist. Leaves in its design could give it shading opportunity and it wouldn't even have to be black furred.

Fire/ghost: a Fire god. I know it's not an animal but it's a common Navajo folk tale. I also don't have a clue as to how it would evolve besides starting it out in basic form as a burnt fetus/ burning clay doll if you were willing to stretch

Water/fight: those DAMN SEA LIONS BOY. DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN will they fuck you up if you get too close. I'm thinking this one would go full digimon
>>
>>24605252
The grizzly bear is extinct in Cali fool, might as well make it an ancient bear golem if you wanna keep it rock, or a ghost type of something
>>
>>24605139
Illinois
Fire flying squirrel
Grass fighting deer
Water normal largemouth bass

God the wildlife around here is boring
>>
Western Washington

Grass/Fighting type Sasquatch, maybe with some Evergreen tree elements
Fire/Rock type volcano-based Pokemon
Water/Flying sea bird based line
>>
Fire - Sheep - Paramedic - High HP / Support Pokemon

Water - Elephant - Firefighter - High Special Attack Pokemon

Grass - Monkey - Policeman - High Attack Pokemon
>>
>>24610256
Why wouldn't the Grass type be the paramedic and the Fire type be the policeman? Seems to make more sense to me.
>>
god I fucking hate Washington.
a pine tree
touchless carwash elephant
fire can be some weed joke or literally every other sports team burning theirs idk
>>
>>24610803
I love Washington, I came up with some stuff for it.
>>
Chicago
>grass/steel type bean type pokemon to represent the giant metal bean that people love for some reason
>Pure fire type cow to represent the Chicago Fire and Mrs O'Learys cow
>water bear type pokemon to tie in lake Michigan, the Cubs, and Bears
>>
>>24605160
Implying it's not all jynx and genies
>>
>>24609572
All three of those sound pretty cool. I rarely choose the grass starter but that's a good idea for it. The fire god could have some interesting dex descriptions and lore behind it and could look interesting. The sea lion doesn't sound like anything special but if pulled off right could be fun to use.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.