[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSMD planned partners thread? PSMD planned partners thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: kajipon.jpg (19 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
kajipon.jpg
19 KB, 400x240
PSMD planned partners thread?

PSMD planned partners thread.
>>
>>24600904
I'm going for Mudkip; was going to go for Oshawott, but I've already had enough of him in GtI.
>>
Is the personality test in the game?
>>
>>24600951
Yup. You can choose, however, to ignore the results and go with whatever player and partner you want.

Personally, I'm gonna go with what it tells me I am, unless it gives irredeemable cases like Chikorita. Chespin for partner.
>>
>can finally evolve
>game's over

What a dumb fucking idea.
>>
>>24600904
Main character: Mudkip

Partner: Chespin
>>
>>24600965
Great, I may buy this one. I hated Gates of Infinity because they took it out.
>>
we already have a thread
>>24598129
>>
I'll probably be a chimchar with a mudkip teammate. I'm still pissed that the game's only non-starter 'mon is riolu, I was hoping for neat non-starters like cubone or phanpy again. Fuck lucariofags and GF's furfag pandering.
>>
>>24601005
sorry
>>
>>24600904
Does this image mean you can evolve during the story?
>>
>>24602161
Very doubtful. Some legends' recruit missions require you to battle them at the end of the dungeon. Entei requires Platinum rank to unlock it's mission so this is probably just that. Also, you have to connect with Entai to connect with Suicune to connect with Raikou, which sucks as Raikou is the best designed of the three.
>>
>>24602161
Temporarily at the endgame, after which you revert to babby stages again. Can choose postgame if you want to permanently evolve.
>>
>>24602161
From what I've heard, and this is only hearsay, you evolve temporarily for story reasons a couple of times
>>
Mudkip MC because coolest mega

Chespin partner since I like its portraits and your buddymon is the one who does like 80% of the talking in these games
>>
I'm just gonna take the test. I got Squrtle in Rescue Team and Piplup in Explorers (although I feel like I had to take the quiz twice because I got something I really hated. Probably baby Lucario).
>>
>>24600904
Me: Cyndaquil
Partner: Chikorita
Like it always has been.
>>
I know Pancham is in the gae as the school bully but does he end up becoming playable as a teammate before the postgame, like how Infinity had Dunsparce/Emolga?

Pancham's my favorite Kalosmon, I was disappointed when I found out he got stuck in NPC role which in most PMD games means no recruiting until the game is already over
>>
>>24600904
I cant be or have eevee so whats the point
>>
>>24602218
>temporarily
what is this digimon nonsense
>>
>>24602689
Legendary Pokemon stuff, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>24600904
Myself: Chespin
Not sure about partner though, I might go for something fire type.
>>
>>24602259
The Pokemon you connect with are one for each species, so that means the only Pancham you can connect is the one from the school. Same applies for the other classmates and even the people from the school.
>>
>>24603173
There's connections for the evolved forms too, I think?

Also do you get to rename ones you recruit? Are their genders set?

this is all important
>>
Me: bulbasaur

Partner: trying to choose between cyndaquil and fenniken

I ised to always run grass/water, but its a waste because they have pretty much the exact same super effective attacks
>>
>>24600904
Me: torchic (I always go for torchic)
Partner: froakie

I usually want take a teammate from the most recent gen or just go for torchic
>>
>>24605060
treecko not torchic for the last part
>>
>>24605060
Isnt it boring with same starter?
>>
File: 258.png (5 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
258.png
5 KB, 56x56
>>24605099
Not the one you replied to, but I always choose Mudkip. I don't think that's boring, considering the Mudkip line is my favorite Pokemon. I see Mudkip as an incarnation of me when I would go to the Pokemon world, as silly as it may sound.
>>
Going to be Riolu because he's the most humanoid mon and I was him in Explorers of Sky (i'm not an auradoge fan whatsoever, I don't care if I evolve to Lucario or not)

My question is, I'm torn between picking Chespin or Totodile as my partner...would choosing Chespin make the game hard? Since I saw an anon say that grass is fucked with all the bosses and all..
>>
File: 1446751603881.gif (2 MB, 417x646) Image search: [Google]
1446751603881.gif
2 MB, 417x646
>>24600904
So can your Pokemon Evolve before the end of the game?
>>
>>24605099
Not really. I got a torchic on the first one of these I played for the personality quiz. Plus it's my favorite starter. And push comes to shove I might just switch it around
>>
There are 18 Pokémon types and 20 starting Pokémon to choose from, right? However, out of those 20, only a third of all the types are represented, being Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, and Fighting. Of course, the outliers are Pikachu and the pre-evolution to mascot #2. In the first two Mystery Dungeon games, there were fewer choices of starting Pokémon, yet there was still a bigger variety.

With the exceptions of the obligatory mascots being the two extras, one Pokémon of EVERY type should have been available as a player/partner Pokémon choice. Starters from the main games were nice in their respective generations, but a little deviation from the norm never killed anybody. The only starters that really needed to be there would be the ones from Kalos, seeing as they were the newest starters not in a previous MD game.

What could have been even better is if when asked if you were a boy or a girl, but there also being an option to not tell, it'd let you choose a genderless starter like Magnemite, Baltoy, Porygon, Golett, etc. Another was having Eevee as a starter again. While I personally don't like the Eevee line, I know many people that do, and the many paths that Eevee can take make for a flexible Pokémon. Well, provided that the stupid rule of "herp derp, no evolving until ya beat da phinol bawss" didn't exist.

There could have been so much more diversity among the starters, but nope, 90% of them are just the same Fire/Water/Grass trio. AGAIN.
>>
>>24605418
this

im really dissappointed you cant pick shinx/eevee/meowth/ect anymore. i dont really like being any of the grass/fire/water starters and i hate riolu....
>>
>>24605623
What's wrong with riolu? He's versatile in the game with his typing, not as weak or plain like eevee or meowth
>>
>>24605623
>tfw no returning Cubone from Red/Blue and Axew from GtI

You have no idea how hard I'm main a Cubone with a partner Axew for this game. Hell add a Blastoise on the Mix with the Mega Evolution Emera and I'd be set
>>
>>24605638
i just dont like his design and im not a big fan of fighting types in general desu
>>
>>24600904
I don't want to sound rude, but I'm genuinely curious. How come Feraligatr is popular? If you read one of its Pokedex entries, it says:

>When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up

I don't know... That just seems really brutal. I would have a hard time getting along with a Pokémon like that.
>>
>>24606774
Because not everyone is a sissy like you. I bet you're the kind of faggots that screams "muh dragons" when someone mentions how OP Fairy type is and you like Slurpuff and find everyone who likes Pokemon like Aggron or Charizard "edgy" and "underage"
>>
can you evolve main story?
>>
>>24607547
no
>>
But wait... can you evolve in the main story?!?!?????!!!!?-?!?!
>>
>>24605418
i really wanted to play eevee and evolve into the first thing that i am able to like i do in every pmd game but apparently chunsoft think that everyone sucks the starters' dicks
>>
Hopefully the quiz gives me either Squirtle, Totodile, or Tepig. My partner will be Chespin.
>>
Can you mega-evo yourself and your partner?
>>
>>24603209
>There's connections for the evolved forms too, I think?
Yes because plot important NPCs are not allowed to evolve

>Also do you get to rename ones you recruit?
Maybe

>Are their genders set?
I don't know

P.S.: Sorry for late response
>>
>>24606774
Because not everybody is sensitive to that shit and uses stuff like Garchomp, Gyarados, Salamence, and based Feraligatr regardless.
>>
>>24608133
You will evolve temporarily during several parts of the story for spoilered reasons. It's sort of like becoming your future selves to fight stuff.
>>
File: yl.png (247 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
yl.png
247 KB, 500x1000
>>24600904

Not sure. My plan is to do the quiz until I get the same Pokemon two or three times, then pick that one, and then I'd pick my partner based on whoever I ended up as.
>>
>>24609919
I was mocking all the people who didn't read the thread, but your kindness is appreciated
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.