[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuzlocke general Hard Mode strikes back edition OLD THREAD &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: Seedot_Bullet_Seed.png (1 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Seedot_Bullet_Seed.png
1 MB, 1174x881
Nuzlocke general Hard Mode strikes back edition
OLD THREAD
>>24541949
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
Just use emuparadise/google sucka
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/EGn6g1QY
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
-This includes
-All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
-Nuzlocke Templates
-Boxed image sets
-Badges
>>
BS Plat or Kek Emerald?

livestrem /thejollyflyingman
>>
>>24599840
>moderator-only chat
>>
What's best game to randomize, Nuzgen?
>>
>>24599497
Time to start a black Nuzlocke, who shall my starter be?
>>
>>24607699
fug it, 1-3 water 4-6 grass 7-9 fire
>>
>>24607710
ok. fine.
once more
>>
>Nuzlocking Crystal
>Catch Geodude
>Well there's the first four gyms in the bag

Geodude is a boss in Johto.
>>
Four? Is geodude/Graveler any good against Morty?
>>
Is belly drum worth it on Hariyama?
>>
>>24608542
In Crystal, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar don't have levitate, so Geodude/Gravler/Golem rekt him with Magnitude.
>>
C.uck emerald

livestream / thejollyflyingman
>>
Does anyone know if pichu evolves right in bs platinum? Like are happiness evolutions fixed or should I not bother?
>>
>>24608995
if you can avoid status fx, speed and 80 base sp.atk + stab and occasionally dropping sp.def.
>>24610761
i have a pichu in my randomized soul silver run, and honestly I wouldn't mind letting it level to 18, because if you get it that far you've got a pikachu that's ripe to have
>charm
>nasty plot
>thunderbolt(@ 26)
>sweet kiss/thunder wave/coverage move
it seems tedious to grind him that long but i'm liable to do it.
>>
>>24610996
Only Morty's Gengar knows Shadowball, and it's a physical attack in generation 2. Geodude/Gravler/Golem's high defense tank that all day, especially considering Gengar's piss poor attack stat. The only status to avoid is Hypnosis, which isn't that hard considering it's accuracy and Awakenings are a thing.

Catching a Geodude in Crystal gives you the first four gyms on a silver platter.
>>
livestrem /guark

E4 of BS Plat time
>>
>>24611183
huh, i never really did invest time in figuring out pre-physical/special. i played casually prior to re-connecting and since don't understand the nonsense of physical/special being assigned to type especially choices like making all ghost moves atk based. thanks for the info. i do plan on going back and playing those games. just on original hardware. because:
>muh nostalgia.
>>
>>24611943
Word yo. You're right though, I wouldn't take Geodude or evolutions against Morty in HG/SS like I would in G/S/C, that's asking for a death for all the reasons you pointed out earlier.

I'm just one of those faggots who's first Pokemon game was Gold back in elementary school, so it's partial to me.
>>
I don't recall having this problem in previous runs but;

I've just beaten Gardenia and the Galactic folks in Eterna city, but this lady at the cycling road tells me the road is closed. I don't remember being blocked like this before. What do I do? Is game broken?
>>
>>24613432
Regardless of the case, the shortcut from oreburgh helped me.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-08 at 04.25.31).png (30 KB, 501x381) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-08 at 04.25.31).png
30 KB, 501x381
>>24613452
>>24613432
Still had to climb the bike road for exp share. The fuck is this shit
>>
>>24613527
I think you need to get the explorer kit or something.
>>
When does Haunter evolve in BS plat?
>>
>>24614461
Level 40
>>
>>24614905
Thanks mate
>>
Someone stream something already
>>
I wonder if anyone is balzy enough to nuzlock Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire.
>>
Is Sacred Gold still the best HG/SS hack?
>>
>>24618759
Can't think of any other HG/SS hacks on top of my head so
>>
>crits that otherwise would have not killed the pokemon do not count for Nuzlocke

how do you guys feel about this rule?
>>
>>24620376
>crits
>explosion/self-destruct
>pursuit
>revenge
>shadow tag + destiny bond
i hate them but i won't bend the rules to accommodate. so i'm against it. and i've lost good mons to this kind of crap. recently lost a huge power adamant azurill i'd been saving for my water type to a raticate pursuit when tanking it after dragging it hell and gone over johto to get it's happiness up. but i boxed him regardless. dead is dead.

that said, if you want to do this it's fine. your locke your rules.
>>
>>24620659
it's because most of them can be predicted to an extent, crits is just pure luck
>>
>>24608394

I'm doing nuzlock on SS and theres that dude right outside of the first gym that trades bellsprout for onyx. See ya, sprout.
>>
File: 1446427198577.png (374 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1446427198577.png
374 KB, 1280x1280
>>24617208
I'd do it. I've nuzlocked so many games, I even completed C.uck Emerald on my first try.
>>
>>24620808
>trading pokemon in a nuzlocke

that's cheating, you'll be getting easy exp
>>
>>24620376
bullshit
crit is part of the game, you need to learn to deal with them
there's moves and abilities for that
and you also benefit from crits sometimes killing something that you might`ve not and that might've killed you in return in the same turn
>>
>>24621224
The pokemon will still die from the crit, you just don't need to release it
>>
Hows fire red as a first nuzlocke
>>
>>24621311
It's ok
>>
>>24621171
Stream or no stream tonight?
link's up there already
>>24599840
>>
Blind nuzzling some Quartz. Excited for my great adventure. Off we go!
>>
Am I a boy or a girl, dude...?
>>
>>24622391
You are no longer playing that game for it making you conform to cis-genders.
>>
>>24617208
>>24621171
haven't even heard of these what are they, Can't find anything about them
>>
>>24621210
Ain't no rules say I can't, bitchhhh!
>>
>>24620762
that's goal post shifting. the entire game is based on luck. rng could have had any other move picked, there are 4.

by your logic if a crit takes out a catch do you take a mulligan?
>>24621272
>not keeping your honored dead in box 2
do you lack self control? plan on taking them out later for a bit of walk about?

next you'll complain that poison walking shouldn't be a thing, because it's unpredictable and you cba to always have antidotes.
>>
File: Emlocke 2.jpg (263 KB, 1552x1015) Image search: [Google]
Emlocke 2.jpg
263 KB, 1552x1015
Well, back after an extended and sudden absence. Get get past Norman, if I recall, but I decided to try again when my run hit a wall - and my has my luck been terrible.

>lose Wurmple to a wild Ralt's Synchronise early game when I have no healing items

>Level 8 wild Taillow outspeeds Poochyena and crits it with Peck

Despite these setbacks, hopefully I'm equipped for Roxanne. Mudkip always pulls through...right?
>>
Doing one in OR, getting ready to face Brawly, with my team that has 3 pure Normal types and a Dark type. I literally have two Pokemon that are trained that I can use in it. Thankfully they are a Taillow and Combusken.
>>
>>24624957
Roxanne a shit.
>>
>>24625622

Well, things happened.

One, did get past her. Two, ancient handheld decided to crap out somewhere round Dewford after catches were made and my silly self decided that a restart was needed. I'll do that later - have to be in the right mindset.

Hopefully it'll hold out. And I suppose it's only fitting that I start my hopefully definitive run on Armistice Day.
>>
Jlt you tell Marillocke I may have broken my finger at work and found Sunday's "break a leg" comment very offensive. Also stream something.
>>
Was frightened for Whitney in my vanilla SoulSilver run, but Nidorina made short work of her. also she never used rollout, did they remove it or something? The Miltank just spammed milk drink and stomp. Was really dreading that fight but whatever, only 3 casualties.
>>
>>24628569
She still has rollout. It's just luck whether or not she uses it or when.
>>
Is it OK to use a 2x XP hack when nuzlocking Blaze Black 1/2? The grinding is just killing me and overleveling didn't seem to be a problem in pkmnRob's runs...
>>
>>24629630
As you should have gathered from previously in the thread; yeah sure it's your run.
>>
>>24629630
just hack in a lot of rare candies and, whenever a pokemon dies, level another one to the same level as the lowest mon on your party
>>
File: 1369366411158.png (116 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1369366411158.png
116 KB, 400x460
>Do gym fight
>One bad thing after another
>lose three mons
>proceed
>accidentally overwrite savestate with menu from a very old hardsave
>best savestate is just before gym
>decide to beat the gym and box whomever died the first run, simple as that
>no losses
>easy fight

>a missed leech seed was the cause for all this

Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>24629894
my sympathies, it's happened to all of us who emulate.
>playing randomized plat
>catch chikorita in origin cave
woohoo grass wall
>dies to geodude self-destruct in first battle directly outside mt. coronet
well fuck.
>>
>>24599497
just finished platinum

e4 pretty much just free xp
but cynthia is a hard one to beat
only weavile survived for very little

got a game over in the first two tries, but still early enough at the game so reestarting wasnt such a chore

so far the hardest main game to nuzlocke for me
too bad i dont think i have anyone to help me get hard mode for b2
>>
What's the funnest nuzlocke let's play to watch?
>>
>>24631552
>watch
>>
>>24631677
Yeah, from a highly entertaining or skilled player.

Guaranteed that a nuzlocke LP of a normal game is boring, but there's probably a youtuber out there who made an interesting run of a rom hack game?
>>
>>24631761
if they exist i haven't seen them. i think people like projared's or something, at least it's popular, i haven't seen it though.
>>
File: 1.png (85 KB, 1058x821) Image search: [Google]
1.png
85 KB, 1058x821
Starting up a run in Pokemon Outlaw
After starting the game in the Slums, which was just a cave with some people bitching about their lives, I was shown to Oak's by some cool black american tourist.
Then the female aid, tired of Oak's harassment, decided she had had enough.
I'm offered Pikachu, Vulpix, or Sandshrew to defend him.
I went with Vulpix
>>
>>24632700
Well that ended fast
Ran into a cop on Route 1 that had a Growlithe
All I had was Ember and it spammed Bite
>>
Alrighty I'm back for stream

Should I just boot up the ol' kekeroo or try a new hack of some sort?
>>
Playing randomized plat, about to face off against crasher, will it be followed with my wake?
>33
Probopass
Wartortle
Porygon2(running shockwave + magnet)
Meditite
Crobat
>34
Torterra

Or should I continue grinding?
>>
>>24634527
stopped grinding at 34 because i cba. as a result:

lost porygon2 to floatzel's bulky atk, but mr. data managed to take out gyarados; floatzel surprisingly got crit'd by meditite's drain punch without taking any damage quickly avenging my loss. torterra smote quagsire with limited effort.

now i have to fill a slot on my team, and a hole in my heart. mr. data you will be missed.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.