[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon "Next Breed"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
>"The Next Breed is a new way to make Pokémon eggs, who in turn will be hybrids , in other words, will possess characteristics from two different species. This method was being studied for a long time by professor ???, she achieved the expected result through genetic manipulation, the resulting pokémon from these crossings are know as Next Gen pokémon."

Rules one must take in consideration when attempting to make a Next breed pokémon
-they must be from the same egg group
-they must have the same numbers of total evolutions(mega evolution notwithstanding)
-and both must be on the final evolutions of their respectives lines

The resulting pokemon follow certain rules, one amongst them being that they must have the same number of evolution when compared with their progenitors mutations have also been observed when dealing with Next gen pokémon. They could end up with different types than their progenitors. All Next gen pokémon cannot breed. Just a few pokémon can make a Next breed, this is still being studied by scientists.

This idea si from a DA artisti, Lucas-Costa. Do you like this new mechanic fan-made?
Can this idea could be real in future pokemon games?
>>
More "fusions"
>>
I love it! Gengar x Gardevoir/Gallade
>>
So, would you guys take this in lieu of standard new Pokémon if it were done well?

I know I would. It would certainly make breeding useful beyond the metagame.
>>
>>24597840
yeah, basically. maybe a 2/3 split, for every two hybrids add a new pokemon
>>
>some fag promoting his DA

fuck off
>>
>>24597730
I would actually accept this if the mix makes sense.
>>
>>24597912
It has. "Next breed" pokemon are nel pokemons with something of existing pokemon. They are hydris, a sorta of fusion. Despite of fusion they got disserent design, not just "a piece of this pokemon added to this other one".
In this way yuo got a new entirely pokemon with few characteristics of old ones.
In addiction of this you don't have useless pokemons with simply design (Basculin, for example) and pleasing fans about pokemon fusions
>>
>>24597730
Unless this was limited somehow, there would be an overwhelming amount of fusions, probably more than anybody would want in a game.

I think pokemon should stay away from fusions in general unless it's a particular gimmick for certain pokemon like Kyurem.

also it's unethical
>>
>>24597730
No, this is dumb.
>>
>>24597730
Seems pretty cool
>>
>not posting the best one
But honestly, it's only acceptable way of 'fusing' Pokemon. Wouldn't mind if that's what gen 7 is about.
>>
>she
>>
>>24597730
I generally do not like this idea, but by adding the caveat that they must have the same number of total evolutions and be in the same egg group narrows down the clusterfuck into something that could actually be cool.
>>
>>24597730
I could see ten going this route. Not for every combination but only for some monsters yeah, not that bad of an idea
>>
>>24598372
>RAPISTrike
kek
>>
>>24597968
But that's how it works in real life. New species of animals were born from cross-breeding.

It'd be an interesting mechanic to add in the games, if each mon had at least 2 or 3 different species of off-springs only available through breeding, for a start.
>>
>>24598372
it looks like its saying what the fuck?
>>
File: empbla.png (120 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
empbla.png
120 KB, 500x357
>>24598757
The only question is what species would the child be if the parent was a cross breed?

On top of that...

There are over 700 pokemon, even if they introduced this concept and at least 100 different "cross breeds" the concept wouldn't be fufilled as much as we'd hope

Oh yeah, it'd be awesome to see the result of an Empoleon Father and Blaziken Mother but there are other combos which would have to be stretched or added to. Such as Blaziken/Lucario or Empoleon/Golduck
>>
>>24598954
They already laid the groundwork with the egg groups, they don't need to do much else to be honest.

They don't even have to do it for every pokemon when it's introduced. They could just add like 25 crossbreeds in the first game, then add new ones as the series goes on, like the mega evolutions.
>>
>>24597730
>Skitty and Wailord fusion
Yeah no. Also it ruins egg moves.
>>
I would make them restricted by egg group and similar body style, rather than by evolutions. the resulting monster would have, in it's final form, the combo of both parents primary types, the fathers highest base stats and an avarage on the rest, and the mothers ability. or something like that
>>
>>24597730
Fuck off with your deviantart shit. Gf is never going to implement any new features that require extra work.
>>
>>24599799
Sure, we like games like red and blue.
Megas are shit, fairy is shit, new is shit
>>
>>24598372
I complitely agree with you. More natural then forced fusions
>>
>>24597730
This is the kinda shit I came up with as a kid.

Think about it this way: There are over 600 different kinds of pokemon. Each of them can breed with multiple others.
That creates a fuckton of different combinations. It would require a small army to code and create. There might not even be enough space left on a normal cart to hold the rest of the game.
Then you get into balance issues, lore, moves known....

It's just not a good idea all around on the technical side. Sure, it'd be fun and amazing, but you have to think past that to figure out if an idea is good or not.
>>
>>24599075
>I would make them restricted by egg group and similar body style, rather than by evolutions. the resulting monster would have, in it's final form, the combo of both parents primary types, the fathers highest base stats and an avarage on the rest, and the mothers ability. or something like that

Slaking+Blaziken
(80+150)/2 = 115 Base HP
160 Base Attack
(100+70)/2 = 85 Base Def
(110+95)/2 = 102 Base Special Attack
(70+65)/2 = 62 Base Special Def
(80+100)/2 = 90 Base Speed

Ability: Speedboost
Typing: Fire/Normal

Slap Return, Knock Off, Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick on it, give it a Life Orb and watch it wreck shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (102 KB, 328x324) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
102 KB, 328x324
>>24598372
I want this so bad. It's awesome.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.