[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why does /vp/ hate popular Pokemon so much? Jealousy? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1438831129399.jpg (150 KB, 993x1124) Image search: [Google]
1438831129399.jpg
150 KB, 993x1124
So why does /vp/ hate popular Pokemon so much? Jealousy? Because you're conditioned to hate inequality in school?

In denial that your mon is shit?
>>
People hate things forced into popularity, like the retarded dog you posted.
>>
File: 1443116485842.jpg (18 KB, 440x493) Image search: [Google]
1443116485842.jpg
18 KB, 440x493
anyone on this board has two basic qualities: Contrarian and Underage.
>>
lucario is popular for literally no good reasons.
Its signature user is a fedora wearer and less that 1 percent of its fanbase isn't underaged or a furry
>>
>>24596611
>literally no good reasons.
just your meaningless opinion to be quite honest
>>
File: Boxing ring.jpg (466 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Boxing ring.jpg
466 KB, 1280x720
>>24596581
What are you talking about? Both of my favourites are some of the most popular Pokémon of all time.
>>
>>24596618
post counterargument instead of being useless please
>>
>>24596657
>isn't underaged or a furry

Congratulations, you just eliminated the entire Pokemon fanbase.

Even then, Lucario makes money, there for it's popular for that reason. If you honestly say you wouldn't ride that cash cow (or dog), you are so full of shit.

A lot of underage can't grasp this but businesses are out to make money. If no money is made, then the company wouldn't remain in business.
>>
I don't hate popular mons. I like Pikachu and Charizard a lot. I would hate Lucario regardless of popularity for being a Sonic OC tier design.
>>
File: 30.png (68 KB, 374x449) Image search: [Google]
30.png
68 KB, 374x449
>>24596581
I don't hate most popular Pokémon. I do hate Lucario though, because he's fucking pushed to the moon since before DP even came out.

And I'm well aware my favorite is shit, I've accepted it.
>>
>>24596581
I like it

I don't mind it being marketed to hell

I hate that you continue to make threads that wind up sexualizing it anyway, or better yet POSTING THE SAME DAMN IMAGES ANYWAY.
>>
>>24596581
I don't hate Popular pokemon.

I actually really like Pikachu, I just wish it were stronger. Even in game it's crappy without a Light Ball.

Charizard doesn't really do anything for me, but I don't actively dislike it the way I do some pokemon, like Florges and Dewott (One is filthy waifu-bait, the other is just ugly, the whole line is)

I actually really like Lucario. I think it's pretty rad.

I like Greninja even more than Lucario. It's my favorite starter now.

Do Rayquaza and Mewtwo count as pushed? One has a completely busted mega, and the other has 2 megas, just like Charizard. Well, I love them both, especially Rayquaza.
>>
>>24596581
Tbh (to be honest) I love Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo and fat Pikachu.
>>
>>24596864
Mewtwo's definitely pushed (though not to an extreme extent), Rayquaza is just Game Freak being incompetent at balancing.
>>
>>24596609
cool meme words, friend

you're being awfully EDGY there ;^)
>>
I really like Lucario, though I hate the way that Nintendo is riding it's dick so much. Seriously, they HAD to put a Lucario statue in that one place in XY?

I also like Zoroark non-ironically
>>
File: 1434217971432.jpg (18 KB, 214x214) Image search: [Google]
1434217971432.jpg
18 KB, 214x214
>Hate Lucario
>Retards from /vp/ instantly think it's because it's popular

I actually think Lucario is the only popular pokemon i actually heavily dislike, and i only dislike, like what, 10 of them?

My disdain for it stems sheerly off of the poor design it bears. Actually bashing Pokemon for such puerile and unrelated things as popularity, push or fanbase would be a silly thing to do.
>>
>>24597283
Your writing style triggers me. You literally write like a retard; however, you try to sound smart at the same time with your vocabulary.

If you want to shitpost as a smug Redditor, keep it up. You're doing well.
>>
>>24597319
The thing is some people actually just naturally talk like that tho
>>
File: 1339475746486.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1339475746486.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>24597319
>Posts i don't agree with are now considered shitposting

This is why this place has gone to shit. Newfags see epic meem possibilities and beat them to the ground until they lose all sort of meaning. People have created a hugbox where everything is considered shitposting, even things that aren't blatantly offensive. It's truly awful to see what the place has become.
>>
>being privileged enough to go to school
>Hating inequality
Pick one.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.