[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is there no phyiscal variant of Hidden power yet? why should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: fairy.jpg (99 KB, 736x535) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
99 KB, 736x535
why is there no phyiscal variant of Hidden power yet? why should only special sweepers have access to make use of 4x weaknesses easily

pic unrelated
>>
>>24595161
They'd be redundant thanks to Elemental punches and fangs, mostly.
>>
>>24595161
It would be pretty shitty with so much Intimidate around, and making it higher in BP would break it.
>>
>>24595161
hidden power is balanced
theres only one or two usable ones for each pokemon, and half the time the low BP means a STAB attack will do more than a super effective HP. So basically it has no use outside of 4x weaknesses.

Most fighting types have a broader range of types in their movepool.
>>
>>24595174
Pretty much every physical Technician user would appreciate a physical Hidden Power

Just like how every type of Arceus would appreciate a physical Judgement variant
>>
File: 1389266281534.png (361 KB, 581x645) Image search: [Google]
1389266281534.png
361 KB, 581x645
>>24595161
>i don't understand hidden power's point
>every move must have a forced counterpart
>>
why the fuck would you need hidden power when everything learns one or two of the following:
>EQ
>Stone Edge
>Dragon Fist
>Superpower, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Brick Break
>U-Turn

all of which are stronger than Hidden power?

Also what's with retards wanting every move to have an exact counterpart? Do you realize how boring the game would be then?
>>
Because special and physical aren't meant to be the same in every way. Otherwise there'd be no reason to separate them to begin with.
>>
Elemental punchs family
>>
>>24595242
so what is hiddpen powers point?
>>
>>24595254
there is many reasons to want a physical variant of HP ice or HP fire, with none of the moves you listed i could OHKO landus T
>>
>>24595208
>So basically it has no use outside of 4x weaknesses.
yeah, thats good enough by me. it's exactly the same with the already existing hidden power
>>
>>24595254

Scizor would like it a lot. 90 BP coverage.
>>
>>24595306
Ice punch says hi.
>>
>>24595344
the fact that HP can be learnt by every single pokemon while ice punch can only be learnt by a few says hi
>>
>>24595254
>Dragon Fist
huh

>Also what's with retards wanting every move to have an exact counterpart?
It's not just with Physical and Special, but a lot of things in Pokemon are just slightly altered versions of stuff that already exists.

But, with Physical and Special, it could be a lack of understanding of what's good for each side. Defiant, for example, would be considered a good ability. Competitive on the other hand can be extremely powerful, even though the only difference is which attack stat if effects.
>>
>>24595161
Believe it or not, there used to be some physical variants of hidden power back in gen 3.

It was called...Hidden Power.

You know...before the physical/special split.
>>
>>24595439
I almost forgot, it was a gen 2 move...my bad.
>>
>>24595161
Here's a better question: why we STILL have Hidden Power? It's easily one of the worst parts of the game.

>>24595242
>every move must have a forced counterpart
Don't you love Energy Ball being as strong as Flamethrower or Focus blast being stronger than Blizzard and Thunder?
>>
>>24595355
the problem is that special attackers have a lot more trouble doing anything than physical attackers, why do you think theres no special intimidate
>>
>>24595460
>Here's a better question: why we STILL have Hidden Power? It's easily one of the worst parts of the game.
It has its uses for pokemon with limited move pools. I fucking love Magnezone but HP fire with Magnet Pull makes it even better than it already is at providing coverage and being a proficient steel-killer.
>>
>>24595293
it's an energy that depends on pokemon individual values, a 2deep4u power

also there's already a "counterpart" to hidden power, it's natural gift, surprised it isn't tutored anywhere outside of sinnoh, it got decent buffs in this gen
>>
>>24595857
Or, you know, they could make electric SE against steel.

They could.
>>
Physical and Special are supposed to be different in their mechanics.

Special trades accuracy for high power.
And power for versatility.

Meanwhile, physical has drawbacks for high power moves or have broadcasted attacks.
Having access to really high power moves and priority means physical has less versatility as a trade off.
>>
>>24595460
Because almost every nonlegendary special attacker has a fucking godawful movepool while nearly every physical attacker gets priority, edge quake and swords dance
>>
>>24595161

Because most physical attackers already have huge as fuck movepools.

Special attackers tend to get screwed in the movepool department.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.