[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else find it hard to ditch the Fire/Water/Grass trio core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: starter.jpg (155 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
starter.jpg
155 KB, 600x337
Anyone else find it hard to ditch the Fire/Water/Grass trio core in their teams? If I do a playthrough without one of them in my team I feel empty.
>>
>>24594920
I never use fire, fighting and flying are way better. I only use water for surf also.
>>
I usually find myself using Fire,Water, and Grass..I've been doing it for the longest.
>>
I rarely use grass, pretty worthless typing.
>>
>>24594920
I feel forced to use a water type because of Surf.

As for the rest, don't care.
>>
Didn't use a water type in Black because they all sucked lol. But I still had grass/fire in Serperior and Chandelure
>>
I can't remember the last time I actively used a Fire type. In my recent W2 playthrough, I had Water (Samurott), Electric (Ampharos), Bug/Grass (Leavanny), Fighting/Steel (Lucario), Psychic/Flying (Swoobat) and Ground/Dark (Krookodile).
>>
>>24594920
There's only a few Fire types I liked enough to keep using in a playthrough (Houndoom, Camerupt, Chandelure & Darmanitan)

Most of the time I end up picking the Grass starter because of the sheer choice of Water pokemon
>>
My teams generally go:
-Starter
-Water
-Flying
and then a more or less even distribution of Phys/Special mons.

It's rare that I hold on to Grass or Rock types past the first four gyms (Gen 3 Rock-types and Grass-type Starters are the only exceptions)
>>
>>24594920
did you dislike Sinnoh because of this or were you a Chimchar bro?
>>
the only games I ditch my starters on are the gen 5 games. Despite gen 5 being my favorite it has the worst starters. At least there are better water/grass/fire types in the games
>>
>>24596100
For the most part I enjoyed using all 3 of the Sinnoh starters in my different playthroughs
>>
>>24595902
>what is Turtlebro with based Shell Smash
>>
I INVENTED the fire water grass core and bitches be acting like they came up with the idea
>>
>>24594920
>using grass
>>
Fire is a garbage type, but I always use grass and water.
>>
>>24594920
You can ditch Grass and use an Electric instead.
My teams for in-game use to be like this:

- Water
- Fire
- Electric
- Flying
- Fighting/Rock/Steel/Ground
- Psychic/Dark/Ghost

I try to include the most types I can, so I use double typed mons.

Anyway, this is not always possible, this was my team in XY when I got to the E4. I had to use a Roserade (which I love, by the way) because of the lack of good Electric Pokémon in XY (I used Raichu for a while, but I ended boxing it)

- Greninja (starter, no protean)
- Delphox (traded)
- Roserade
- Lucario
- Aerodactyl (Mega)
- Garchomp
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.