[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Freak throw a curveball and announce Kanto remakes instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: MasudaImAlreadyADemon.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MasudaImAlreadyADemon.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
Game Freak throw a curveball and announce Kanto remakes instead of Z/XZ/YZ/X2/Y2. What can they do to ensure this game isn't shit, without resorting to cop-out answers like completely ignoring the source material, or including new regions?
>>
>>24590564
As as we get online co-op battle masion battles i'm not bothered.

you'll never make your partner mad by bringing mons like funbro and healing the AI
>>
>>24590564
>What can they do to ensure this game isn't shit

It would have to be literally FR/LG in 3D with new gen features and some extra megas. Also Gym Leader rematches and a Frontier. Preferably a balance update and secret bases somehow as well
>>
Following pokemon
All of them
>>
The next game will be Z, then there will be Kanto Remakes.
>>
>>24590564

>trainer customization returns
>extreme sevii islands expansion
>mt. silver maybe?
>add new routes/caves/cities and expand existing ones.
>mew plot
>battle frontier
>cute implied relationships like shauna/yancy with either new or classic characters

how'd i do?
>>
>>24590671
Add a reverse trip to johtoh like they had in gsc and you have the perfect pokemon game
>>
>>24590681
>Johto is a warzone or formerly was one.
>destruction in various places.
>You fight Morty who is a ghost who wears a turban due to the way he died.
>Post game he fights with his grandmother as well who disappeared.
>>
>>24590706
...Kanto games happened BEFORE Johto games.
>>
Seriously, if they remake FR/GL, it will LITERALLY be just 150 pokemon. That's it. There isn't ENOUGH pokemon beyond 150 in sevii islands to cover this borefest.
>>
>>24590671
Usually /vp/ has awful ideas but for once, an anon making good contributions.

Make it so that the animation for some pokemon is fixed (especially flying pokemon, swellow looks awful for example) and I'd be happy.
>>
>What can they do to ensure this game isn't shit
Make it for the NX
>>
>Every single feature from FR/LG including move tutors and Sevii, no trimming of fat like they did in ORAS
>Post-game battle facility on the old mans patch of land in Vermillion, it plays like Pokemon Stadium, complete with Gym Leader Castle and rentals
>Slot machines replaced with Pokemon Pinball machines

however to appeal to normies they'll probably throw in a whole lot of cringeworthy reference shit
>Some kind of early game appearance of Ho-Oh, and Misty having a Togepi in her team
>Lots of Yellow features, including getting a special Pikachu (in Viridian Forest?) as a second starter that follows you around, and Jesse/James
>Photo spots return from X/Y but with Todd Snap as the photographer
>>
>>24590738
>But with Todd Snap as the photographer
I would fucking wet my pants, Pokemon Snap needs an HD rerelease or sequel or something. Too good to pass up. So much fun.

>>24590671
All of these, but also add
>Tweak BST for a ton of pokemon (shitmon) to make them viable in competitive play
>Give Mega forms to some pokes that could use it (more fossils [Mega Kabutops pls], both Nido's, Arcanine, Machamp, Golem, Exeggutor, Electrode, Marowak, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Tauros, Lapras, etc)
>Mew and Sevii Islands are entwined in the story (since you get Mew on an island in Emerald, seems to fit)
>Give Sevii Islands their own gym system
>Mew is a reward for beating all Sevii Islands gyms and the Elite cast
>>
>>24590564
We just need them to put:

Following pokemon.
Secret Bases.
Trainer Customization.
Access to other regions.
Expansion of the existing routes and cities.
Move Tutors.
Battle Frontier.
Battle Chateau.
Battle Mansion.
Pokenav with everything they included from Gold/Silver to ORAS. Ex: Watch, Calculator, Phone, etc.
Rematches with everyone.
Plot Twists, Addicting Story.
New Pokemon in different regions and mega evolution to pokemon from the 5th gen.
Photo Spots.
Improve the existing sprites. Hate most of my bros.
Pokemon Contests.
Battle Tents.
When you become the champion, random people will call you to challenge you (people you've connected with and they use their hall of fame teams)
And a whole bunch of stuff I probably forgot.
>>
>>24590888
>access to other regions
when will this meme end? What Pokemon really needs is the /exclusive features/ from every region (apricorns, radio, contests, berry farming, diving, soaring, emerald frontier, character customization, seasons, and so on etc etc), not the regions themselves. They could quite easily make the best Pokemon game ever using just one average sized region, provided they do it right
>>
File: angry water types.png (599 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
angry water types.png
599 KB, 640x480
>>24590572
>maison

They better fucking not, not even hypothetically.
>>
>>24590564
>Kanto remakes

it's already shit. I don't want more remakes. Especially of a game that already got remade.
>>
>>24590980
missedthepointofthethread.jpg
>>
Come on, they already made one!
I want a sinnoh remake!!
>>
>>24590564
>Seasons
>PWT
>Add in evos like Crobat, Scizor etc.
>More info on Mewtwo's origin
>Alternate Venusaur and Blastoise megas
>>
I hope they'll block the post gen 1 evos again. Its gen 1 remake so it should focus on gen 1. You can catch the other shit in other games. And no megas until post game aswell
>>
>>24591315
don't forget another charizard
>>
>>24591001
I didn't miss anything.
>>
>>24591336
>I hope they'll block the post gen 1 evos again.
That was the worst part of FRLG. That's like saying you hope they bring back GSC's and HGSS's underleveled postgame.
>>
>>24591336
Autism.
>>
Instead of straight up remakes, make it either about Kanto in the distant past (with Oak and Agatha (though that may break continuity with the Pokedex and such)), the distant future (what's going on after all this time), or an alternate timeline (you play as Green/Blue or something idk).

I think that'd make more sense personally. Multiple regions presents the problem that Gen 2 did in that Pokemon levels are terribly fucked up to accommodate and they're not going to increase the level cap to fix it.
>>
But..... there wont be any Kanto remakes in this generation. Its pure fantasy.
>>
>>24590564
>They're not remakes, they're sequels
>Set in Kanto several years after the events of RB/FRLG
>Heavily redesigned Kanto (obviously keeping the same basic layout)
>Some previously unvisited cities/entirely new cities
>New gyms
>Old characters can make cameo appearances for nostalgiafagging
>Silver, having been taught the value of friendship and compassion has journeyed and trained out the ass, and is now a Gym Leader/E4 member/whatever in Kanto. Probably E4, as Johto and Kanto share the Indigo Plateau League
>None of that generic "save the world" bullshit again. Let's just go back to being a kid on an adventure
>Post-game Johto
>Post-game BF/PWT equivalent
>Character customzation
>>
File: MyDreamMegas.png (184 KB, 1000x567) Image search: [Google]
MyDreamMegas.png
184 KB, 1000x567
WE NEED MORE MEGAS!
>>
who is most likely to get a mega?
>>
>>24590671
GF would never add trainer customization to a Kanto remake.

Red's character is already so popular among the fandom that the normies would throw a huge fit.
>>
>>24590738
>no trimming of fat like they did in ORAS
>keeping the useless fat
>>
>>24591928
>mega sawk
>mega throh

mega no
>>
>>24590939
So you'd prefer nothing like last time?
>>
>>24592491
Honestly at this point I fucking would because the Maison is pretty much nothing at this point and I would just get insulted if they recycled it a THIRD time in a THIRD region.

Bring back Trainer Hill if you don't want to do a Frontier.
>>
>>24592449
Nothing stopping them from just using the default.

Personally I won't buy any more games without customization.
>>
>>24592923
That's like boycotting a game for not having following Pokémon. I mean it would be nice to have it, but it shouldn't be something that you refuse to go without to the point of "I will not buy this game for this reason even if it does every other thing right!" Not that Game Freak does anything right this Gen.
>>
>>24590564
The remake will be of Kanto and Sinnoh, both in the same game.
You better screencap this, I'm not lying and probably getting fired for this.
>>
>Have to go through Kanto yet again knowing GF would only make minor changes to the region
Yuck, no thanks
>>
>>24590564
Fuck that shit, a real curveball would be another Orre game.
>>
> another remake of worst gen

No thanks f.am
>>
File: 1437264653193s.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1437264653193s.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>24594281
>Orre
>Gamefreak
>>
>>24591839
I like this. It'll never happen but I like the thought
>>
>>24594169
And finally fags will be proven wrong that Sinnoh actually is north of kanto
>>
>>24594169
Got more?
>>
>>24590671
>>mt. silver maybe?
fuck yes, maybe they could add a battle with gold too
>>
>>24595301
>battle with gold
how does that make sense? In my opinion, if they were going to have a post-game Mt. Silver in a Kanto remake, the person you fight there should be the cut Professor Oak battle, with levels at least as high as Red in GSC. Once you beat him he gives you some yak about how he quit pokemon training long ago and how he's taught you everything he has to teach. Camera pans over to show the whole of Kanto from the peak of Mt. Silver, then credits play for the second time
>>
>>24595494
well he could go to the place where gold found him and it would activate a cutscene where gold walks up to you and then you battle
>>
I still think the curveball will be some kind of weird crossover game between ORAS and X/Y.

That or R/B sequels which wouldn't work since G/S is a sequel.
>>
>>24595588
if it's a RBY remake, it takes place three years prior to Gold. It makes no logical sense to fight Gold up there unless they throw in some Celebi time travel shenanigans, which quite frankly seems like a shit idea
>>
>>24595792
They threw in multiverse shit, it's already too late, might as well just not give a fuck entirely.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.