[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just spent 2 hours playing showdown and got nothing but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 457x591) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 457x591
I just spent 2 hours playing showdown and got nothing but the same 8 Pokemon in different orders. Why so over centralized?
>>
VGC's a rough tier.
>>
The best mons get used the most. Imagine that.
>>
Either you didn't play more than 3 games in those two hours or you're just making shit up. Also welcome to every competitive ever.
>>
>>24588202

Smogon is full of hypocritical bullshit. Imagine that.
>>
>>24588189

Fuck off buttmuch
>>
how about try some smogon tiers and not vgc
>>
How would things go if smogon unbanned everything that isn't banned in-game? (like mewtwo, dialga and so on)

What changes?
>>
>>24588239
I don't care about Smogon, friendo. Every competitive scene is like that. Maybe people shouldn't try to make pokémon something it's not.
>>
>>24588241
?

>>24588248
There's already a tier like this, it's called AG (Anything Goes)!
>>
>>24588242
Smogon OU right now is the same handful of legendaries which are for some shit reason not banned, and stuff like le bulkchomp le 4 Dark moves knight smogonbug smogonbird and fairies to fill whatever remaining final slot you don't feel like stuffing another legendary into.
>>
>>24588202
>But Smogon is competitive and different. Always a varied sort of Mons.
>>
>>24588281
and vgc is megakang + genies the meta with suicune and sylveon as a spice :^)
see, 2 can play this game
>>
>>24588187
Unless you're actually in the top fifty or so players on Showdown, you're probably stuck in the mid ranges, which is full of people who are shit at the game because they know what's good.

In general, player rankings go
bad players with unusual Pokémon < bad players with good Pokémon < good players with unusual Pokémon < Good players with good Pokémon

The good Pokémon are, in some ways, harder to use than a player's favourite Pokémon are. It's harder to build synergy when you're restricting yourself to a small set of Pokémon, and a lot of players just can't get good at the very high level teams.
>>
>>24588256
thats literally not what I said

everything is unbanned EXCEPT for the mons that are banned in in-game facilities
>>
>>24588291
I didn't say VGC wasn't the same shit. My point is that Smogon IS the same shit.
>>
>>24588296
Oh, then it'd be kind of silly to see things like Chatot get banned alongside weaker legendaries like Uxie.

I think people would complain about megas on every team instead of complaining about legendaries on every team, or just complain about people using good pokemon in general... which they already do.

>>24588293
I think good players who use unusual pokemon and/or unusual sets are at least on the same level as good players with "good pokemon". When the player is good, unpredictability can go a long way and playing against predictable teams that everybody already knows at least gives the player an obvious advantage even if it's a really good team.
>>
>>24588314
Once you hit the top ranks, supposedly anti-meta becomes a lot more viable since there's a lot less team deviation in what you'll be fighting.
>>
>>24588314
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Maison#Banned_Pok.C3.A9mon

THESE pokemon are the only banned pokemon
>>
>>24588291

Except this post isn't about vgc faggot.
>>
>>24588281

>smogonbug

Who?
>>
>>24588235

What are you retarded?
>>
>>24588235

Why is this smogon fags go to argument? No one is saying vgc doesn't have flaws, we're saying that smogon pretends to be more balanced and varied but it is not.
>>
>>24588470
Maybe Scizor?
>>
>>24588281
>handful of legendaries which are for some shit reason not banned
Oh please entertain me, what should be banned?
>>
>>24588528
Because of all the years vgc spent pretending to be more balanced and varied.
>>
>>24588568

Every legendary should be uber.
>>
>>24588607
Yeah, I'm terrified of those dangerous Phione and Moltres.
>>
>>24588607
yeah, because articuno is really op guise
>>
>>24588571

There it is again. This ain't about vgc. This post is about smogon.
>>
>>24588616
don't cry now after people spend years to shitpost about smogon
this is what you get
>>
>>24588613

Fuck off faggot. You know which ones are a clear advantage against any team.
>>
>>24588607
*every 600+ bst legendary
>>
>>24588623

Christ you're retarded. You can't stay in topic at all but you got no problem staying on smogons dick.
>>
>>24588624
They are legendary Pokemon so clearly these massively threatening Pokemon also require getting banned.
>>
>>24588623

Oh no one can talk shit about smogon at all because they've been ridiculed for their bullshit for years? Think maybe all those people had a point?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.