[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one more year of ORAS >two more years of gen 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: metagrosssweat.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
metagrosssweat.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>one more year of ORAS
>two more years of gen 6
>>
>>24587707
good
>>
File: 1444141713051.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1444141713051.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>Gen 7 will find a way to be worse than all of Gen 6
>>
>/vp/ will LOVE gen 6 during gen 8
>>
>>24587757
>/vp/ is one person
>>
>>24587767
>/vp/ is an intellectual conglomerate
>>
>>24587767
>anyone on /vp/ has a personality
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 653x495
People will STILLhave a fondness for Golem
>>
File: Goat-face.jpg (16 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
Goat-face.jpg
16 KB, 220x229
>>24587790
>>
>>24587743
Dead series if this happens
>>
File: -.png (178 KB, 424x489) Image search: [Google]
-.png
178 KB, 424x489
>Z will actually be good
>>
>>24587743
>Want to argue against it then remember the step backwards after HGSS
>Took 6 odd games since to get it together again.
>>
>>24589778
ORAS shitters are not allowed to have opinions.
>>
File: 1445113692150.png (310 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1445113692150.png
310 KB, 681x496
>>24588382
>/vp/ will hate it anyway because it will be new
>>
>>24589832
What's wrong with ORAS? I missed the ORAS release blowout
>>
Konichiwa senpai from 2040.

Expect Sirius Diamond and Sirius Pearl along with Black 3 and White 3 by 2028
>>
>>24589840
inb4 someone posts that shitty list
>>
>>24589851
Give it to me straight doc. I can take it. I'm salty at how shitty the training areas are for pre-E4 but that's universal.
>>
>>24587790
dumb goatposter.
>>
>>24589840
>easy as shit, even by pokemon standards
>no game corner (justifiable since it is somewhat out of GF's hands. Mauville is really cool looking now)
>no safari game (safari zone is still there though)
>mirage tower is gone for some odd reason (at least there's all the new mirage spots)
>no Battle Frontier (but there's the battle maison. I really miss the frontier though)
>no abandoned ship (Sea Mauville is a lot cooler in its stead)
>Sky Pillar mach bike challenge is gone (at least you get Deoxys instead)

There's some other shit too, but a lot of the changes were somewhat justifiable. Honestly, I think the good outweighs the bad. Especially DexNav. They really redid Hoenn to look absolutely beautiful, I actually enjoyed the game that much more because the sightseeing was great and it felt like a good adventure. I think this board is too hard on ORAS.

But holy shit is it fucking easy. I found myself trying as hard as I could to make the game more challenging but it's just that god damn easy.
>>
>>24589942
By easy do you mean how easy it is to level. Especially with xp share on and covet/thief'd lucky eggs or how garbage pretty much everyone's team is? I really wish they had a fixed audino or similar high xp spot to grind. It's not bad when you're only running one team and your catch/hm/utility mons but it's kind of ass to sit in victory road fighting at a rate of 10 fights per lead mon per level. My pickup HM linoone hit 78, false swipe breloom 71, , covet/thief mightyena hit 90, sleep delcatty hit 67 before E4 simply from mightyena leading and stealing all the held items forever. I'd rather that than how it used to be where it was a pain in the ass even if you were playing a rom and put in early xpshare and lucky eggs for all. It's much more forgiving to have a wider pool of stuff to use with less tedious grinding though it's still pretty bag. I'm not looking forward to raising a sunny day team after I finish this rain team.

Shame about the game corner, mirage tower, battle frontier, and that sky pilalr puzzle. I've been missing those since I half-assedly swept the E4 with a swords dance baton pass ninjask to a mega aggron or shell smash magcargo that were just dudes that got xp share from while i was out hatching stuff for the pokedex or catching mirage/hidden mons..
>>
>>24589778

>Implying it ever got resolved

Face it, graphical enhancements aside, Gen4 was the last good gen.
>>
>>24587707
>one more year of ORAS
Yet it feels like more time, truly sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (449 KB, 896x1552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449 KB, 896x1552
>>24589942
>They really redid Hoenn to look absolutely beautiful
But they could have done so much better.
>>
>>24590018
>What are blissey bases?
>>
>>24590421
A majority of people were working on Z though.
>>
>>24590438
>Implying Z is a thing
Kek, what a retard.
>>
>>24590152
Muh dex nav. None of the slotting in other cartridges. No too rare stampede events. Just zip around until you can spore swipe one then search for it, Even better, hidden abiliities aren't retardedly stupid to get. and IV's and EV's are easier Breeding has continually increased to give you even more control and cut back on wasted time.

Sinnoh underground was boss though I'll give you that. The honey trees were nice too.

>>24590421
Wish they'd stop splitting the base. They keep shafting half the generation for what, 4 gens now? Just get all the nerds piled in on one stack of hay and get it right.
>>
File: the actual problem with ORAS.jpg (261 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
the actual problem with ORAS.jpg
261 KB, 893x1200
>>24589851
>>24589840

I don't remember if it's on the list but that part where you get a F R E E Lati@s that comes with a fucking Mega stone before the last three gyms what the fuck

Nobody even likes those shitbirds it's just handholding trash
>>
>>24590490
Yeah I can live with that. About the only thing I disagree with is the blurb about the dexnav.. The last gen I played for a meaningful time being Platinum, it's a hell of a step up and it's much less bullshit to get hidden ability stuff as well as just give me the fucking 5% guy. I hated getting a pair of tropius let alone having to get my hands on a good tropius for a monotype grass run back in emerald. Thanks for posting it.
>>
>gen 7 will have even less fucking pokemon than 6
>/vp/ will defend gen 7 even if it only comes out with 12 and a half pokemon
>>
>>24590614
I would defend it to the death if it primarily balanced the game and came out with prior core features instead of cutting them all (t. ORAS); there are enough pokemon.
>>
I've given up on the main series. Super Mystery Dungeon is the only game I can look forward to.
>>
>>24590631
This.

>>24590614
>We need even more mons
Kill yourself.
>>
>>24590018
>By easy do you mean how easy it is to level. Especially with xp share on and covet/thief'd lucky eggs or how garbage pretty much everyone's team is?
Without EXP Share or Lucky Eggs, or Audino, I consistently had 10 levels above most trainers on each pokemon (I generally have 3 to 4 per play through)

>>24590490
>I don't remember if it's on the list but that part where you get a F R E E Lati@s that comes with a fucking Mega stone before the last three gyms what the fuck
Holy shit, this too. It makes me angry to no end that I've been robbed of my initial surprise of finding and hunt of Latios. It was obviously done for the soaring thing, but it is absolutely crazy that they hand you one of the two.

Almost as bad was the fact that you can't rematch gym leaders too. Unless I'm missing something to do so.

>>24590614
Odd numbered gens have historically brought the most numerous amount of new pokemon so I think we're safe next gen.
>>
Gf and nintendo need to pull a marvel and use the alternate dimension thing to reset the number of pokemon, in this new dimension none of the pokemon we know exist and are replaced with new ones,
I think it could work at least for one game.

until you fags start to complain like you did with b&w
>>
>>24590614
Know what I want. It's been 20 years. 3 fucking active saveslots and the ability to shelve ones that have cleared the E4. And a newgame+ that has a higher difficulty curve, trainers don't have hoenn limited dogshit teams with garbage AI and inability to use consumables. It's just not good to get punished for extending the play value of your game especially when the feel is so different between say, a water monotype nuzlocke that has to play through the game and just victory road/re-battle training your team then sweeping the E4. I shouldn't have to buy a bunch of expensive equipment or extra games just so I can do a gimmick. to keep the fun fresh

.And please for all that is holy, configurable starter choices in NG+. So we can do full random, random 3 stage NFE, Only NFE, Get a random from type or typetype pool. Maybe an inherit an egg from the game that won. etc.etc. Once of my favorite things from the roms was randomizing the starters, randomizing my choice and end up with a tropius, or a spheal, or a trapinch

More route weather and more diverse pogeyman distribution with a super rod..

And for once in their lives, decent high level training areas all the way too 100. Beating on ez shit for 7% of a level and dropping per fight cause you need a catcher's kit, utility kit, want a rain team, sand team, hail team, sunny day team, stall team, baton passer team, pivot team, a spinner/defoggerr, a spinblocker, a hazard setter, and other gimmicks and the only difference between before and after is the mind-numbing grind is just ugh. For all that catch em all, there's a lot of determination to only use 3-4
>>
>>24590807
Yeah, it's not so bad if you go without. If you use them, you can maintain a stable of a team with support and a couple swaps without going out of your way. But something like getting some 20-35 pokes to 50 takes like 5 hours in victory road with xp share, lucky eggs, and swapping so at least 2 are getting boosted xp per fight. It's not hard in any way it's just a tedious NPC tier swap, kill, repeat, shift to the next pair, repeat.
>>
>>24590845
Sorry, I meant getting some pokes in the level 20-35 range.. Like 5 with a guy from the main team to swap to until one of the ones being leveled can handle himself for more effective xp gain.
>>
>>24590845

We arent safe its clear from lasst gen that they use megas as fluff so they dont have to design as many new pokes. They'll just give us 120 new megas and call it a gen.
>>
>>24590807
meant for you

this post
>>24590865
>>
>>24587707
yeah I've been ready for Gen 7 to come around already for like a year. I know that's really impatient, but like fuck I wrung all the fun out of Gen 6.

>maxed out playtime
>have all 712
>basically have a living dex more or less of competitively viable bro-mons
>over 20 masuda'd competitive shinies and random other ones from wonder trade or hordes

give me moooooore
>>
>>24589942
Dexnav is pretty great, I'll feel sad when it's not in Z because "every game gotta be unique, can't carry good features over"

Super Secret Bases too.
>>
>>24590818
Unova is one thing, wiping them out is another. And alternate dimensions are cancer, I know ORAS already started delving in that shit but we really don't need any more.
>>
>>24590886

Removing little features everywhere grinds my gears the most. I could forgive 90% of all the other shit if they just carried over all the new shit they introduce each gen. The game would be so fucking full of fun and options

Stop excusing your laziness Gamefreak
>>
>>24590865
Nah, I'm calling on a wave of primal reversion.or something. Maybe more baby pokemon with baby form only moves and baby gyms. They could probably get another 100 mons in by working in more type combos, maybe give up on the intentionally small pools of mons for them ore neglected types. Work more mons in with good abilities with respectable stats for sweeping/walling/etc. Stuff like Cherrim and mons with harvest like tropius. is a good example of a good way to go. Hopefully more with drizzle/sandstream/snow warning/drought so it's not the same tired old mons every time. Maybe items that extend the duration of the terrain moves, ones that auto-induce, and maybe more types of terrains and other stuff. I think they've established a pretty good pool of strategies to use and mons that have it long as the gen and version exclusives aren't fucking you in the ass. I'm sure they can figure something out in this brave new world with stuff like psych up, imposter and so on.

If pogeymins wasn't just a sheckle cruise I'd say maybe 16-24 gyms with the standard 8 then opening up more. Maybe weather gyms. rotation battle gym. A separate gym for each type finally.. Bring back the battle frontier and more stuff like it. More adventure. More diversity with less railroading.There's a gazillion and one things they can do to make it a better game if they're willing to stop splitting the dev team and dare to boldly break the formula to try and make something great even if it takes longer than the shareholders would like to make it great. I think many could bear to wait 7,8,10 years if it means getting a definitive pokemon experience that will stand the test of time.

>>24590874
Where's good places to grind in ORAS? I just beat the E4 and i'm mid delta episode. I was hoping for another audino mirage island but the RNG is breaking my balls.
>>
>>24590923
>dare to break the formula
>spend more time

>things gamefreak will never be assed to do.

I want what you want, but I'm not gonna be hopeful just so I dont set myself up for the inevitable disappointment of the last few gens.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.
>>
>>24590923
Gather a ton of Blissey Secret Bases and grind off those.
>>
>>24590961
Huh, well ain't that snazzy. Just googled it. Thanks a ton.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.