[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone care to enlighten me as to why /vp/ hates Origins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: Origins.png (321 KB, 658x359) Image search: [Google]
Origins.png
321 KB, 658x359
Someone care to enlighten me as to why /vp/ hates Origins?
>>
>>24586731
/vp/ hates pokemon in general
>>
>>24586737
this desu
>>
>>24586737
This
>>
>>24586731
Started out trying to be super true to the games, then they said "fuck it" halfway through and had shit like Thunderbolt Rhyhorn.

We're upset by it because it started out with so much potential but they gave up on it.
>>
Because this board is filled with anti-genwunners and ashnimefags
>>
>>24586731
>liking anything pokemon related

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>24586745
But we knew from the start that it was one big trailer for the X-exclusive mega Charizard, so what's the big fuss? It's not like the ashnime or the manga are any more faithful, Origins is probably the most faithful one.
>>
Origins was just a nostalgia trip for older fans so they could get into X and Y.

Origins is similar to Legend of Thunder; too much potential and not enough care or respect to continue the project.
>>
>>24586731
it's shit

awful graphics (just look at that red, he looks like a qt babby), rushed, it's just advertising for x/y with mega edgyzard out of their asses
>>
>>24586731
>anti-genwunners hate it because of their irrational hate of anything connected to gen I
>some people hate it for not being true enough to gen I and/or the remakes with Mega pandering
>general Charizard pandering
>ashnime fags hate it because they hate any adaption that isn't the ashnime
>probably a bit too fast paced

Problem is that it can't really decide if it wants to do its own thing or not.
>>
Because it skips over most of everything (you don't even see the whole battle between Red and Blue) and ended up being a giant commercial for XY.
>>
>>24586758
>what's the big fuss?
It started out being everything we hoped.

It turned into trash.

Give people hope and take it away, and they will destroy you.
>>
>>24586758
and boring shit
>>
>>24586731
Because we don't like anything that doesn't go our way
>>
>>24586790
So why haven't the ashnime fags dropped the anime yet since their shipping bullshit never comes true?
>>
>>24586760
So what's the general consensus? That it's shit?
>>
It exploited nostalgia just to push Shadow the Edgyzard.
>>
>>24586802
Because ashnime fags are delusional beyond saving.
>>
>>24586731
Red was a full retard up to the final battle with Green (and even there, what little we saw had no strategy, just overpowering), there are no Pokémon who shine outside of the Charmander line, Viridian City was somehow depicted both as a real town and as a bunch of square buildings arranged in a tile pattern like in the games, Thunderbolt Rhyhorn and Seismic Toss Charizard, mega evolution out of nowhere, gave an entire episode to Lavender Town because muh creepypastas and skipped over six gym leaders, the entire Pokémon League and five-sixths of the Champion battle.
>>
>>24586851
>Thunderbolt Rhyhorn and Seismic Toss Charizard

What's the problem...?
>>
Giovanni's redemption was fucking horrible. Because Red is such a special snowflake, he suddenly doesn't want to be evil anymore?

Also, he made a good point. If Pokemon are friends, why send them to get beaten up?
>>
>>24586857
Rhyhorn one-shots a Jolteon with Thunderbolt, which to me doesn't highlight how badass Giovanni is but rather how terrible Red is, and they closed the battle exactly like Ash vs Gary in the Johto League with the exception that Gary's Blastoise had already been heavily damaged, making a KO by Seismic Toss more believable than a Charizard one-shotting a Rhydon with it. Even if you decide to ignore how moves work in the games, you're left with a concept taken straight from the main anime. What was the point?
>>
>>24586890
Ah, I thought you were going to complain about Volt Absorb and Charizard not being able to learn Seismic Toss.

You have a point, but the fight was more of a tool to develop Giovanni's character more than anything. Red was a dumbass from start to finish though, won't deny that.
>>
mad ashnime faggots thinking their anime is relevant
>>
>>24586731
I liked it.
>>
File: okay1.jpg (65 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
okay1.jpg
65 KB, 264x379
The art direction was inconsistent. The first episode made towns and cities bigger than they are in the games and changed some stuff around to make the pokemon world look more lively, but from the second episode onwards they made the pokemon world look exactly like in the games.
Red didn't seem to improve as a trainer, he always relied on the power of friendship and his charizard's strength.
It felt as if the writers couldn't decide on whether it should be a gen 1 anime or not. Sometimes it felt like it was gen 1 (Oak says there's only 149 pokemon, jolteon doesn't have its ability and red used a bunch of fast pokemon in the league), but then we see charizard mega evolving, haunter using shadow punch and, well, everything looks like in FireRed/LeafGreen rather than Red/Green
>>
>>24586758
>but we knew from the start
No we didn't. Megazard X was revealed for the first time in the final episode. I don't even remember the megastone plot being advertised anywhere prior to it airing. I know I was certainly caught off guard.
>>
>>24586740
>desu
>>
>>24586955
I like this post, thanks for clearing it up.
>>
>>24586976
>filters
He typed To Be Honest as an acronym and the new filter changed it to desu
>>
>>24586976
So new, unpacked :^)

desu baka senpai sjw kek kekold
>>
>>24586766
>graphics
>>
>>24587033
* SJW
>>
>>24586766
>just look at that red, he looks like a qt babby
He's supposed to look like that Redgyfag.
>>
File: blueredgreen2.jpg (2 MB, 2318x1647) Image search: [Google]
blueredgreen2.jpg
2 MB, 2318x1647
>>24587035
?

>>24587083
I'm not fan of Redgy either, his look doesn't apply to remake anyway.
FR/LG Red was fine as it was and they just ruined him with their look.
>>
>>24586909
I don't care either or really, but isn't everyone stuck waiting about Zygarde cell, core, 10%, and perfect form because of it?
>>
File: tv laughing.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
tv laughing.png
875 KB, 968x745
>hyped to be good
>its charizard the ad
into the trash it foes
>>
>>24586731
A shitty ad for Mega Evolution and a hastily put together genwunner bait.

Well, it already was genwunner bait as it brought Red and the rest of the original games' cast instead of using the characters from the 6th generation, but they could have done better. Sadly, the former was the main focus, and as such screentime was given to properly foreshadow Mega Evolution. Characterization suffered as well as and Red became a scrub who didn't train Pokemon other than his damn Charizard, and got promptly BTFO in nearly every prominent battle until Charizard had to bail him out. Pacing was shit as hell, goddamn, I really didn't want to waste the story in bloody Lavender Town, but there we go.
>>
>>24586731
>not very good in general
>awfully rushed, leading to very fragmented storytelling
>basically Let's Suck Charizard Dick: The Cartoon
>doesn't even make the slightest attempt at realistically representing game in terms of battle outcomes (Rhyhorn battle, Charizard VS Blastoise, etc)
>notably worse than the regular anime in every way

Most people that like it only like it because it's Pokemon and they've decided the regular series is automatically bad and refuse to watch it.
>>
>>24587137
what, did you expect venusaur or even lol blastoise to get more attention than charizard? :^)
in your dreams
>>
>>24587138
Not really "genwunner" bait, the purpose was to get people that no longer were into the franchise to get interested in XY by giving them an adaptation of the one game they had definitely played and using it to showcase Mega Charizard to get them interested in picking up gen 6 for it.
>>
>Too short
>Charizard cocksucking
>Shows TMs but not how they're used
>An entire episode for Lavender Town
>Still spreading the "Fuchsia before Saffron" thing (The original RBY said that the Saffron Gym comes before the Fuchsia one or I'm crazy?)
>>
I wish it was genwunner pandering

In that case they would use classic R/G designs most of which we have never seen and no mega shit
>>
>>24587156
everything is correct aside from
>notably worse than the regular anime in every way
>>
>>24587192
>
>Still spreading the "Fuchsia before Saffron" thing (The original RBY said that the Saffron Gym comes before the Fuchsia one or I'm crazy?)
You're crazy.
>>
>>24587192
>An entire episode for Lavender Town
That was the only good episode though.
>>
>>24587202
That's most definitely the case, anon.
>>
>>24586909
and yet its being used to advertise Zygarde
>>
It had potential but it was runied because "Charizard destroys everything, just because, deal with it" show
>>
>>24587197
There's no money in genwunner pandering.
>>
>>24587217
more than hoenn pandering :^)
XY still sold more
>>
>>24587227
I don't think you know what a genwunner is.
>>
>>24587233
I don't think you know how much 1st gen stuff XY had
>>
>>24587236
So you DON'T know what a genwunner is. Okay.
>>
>>24587209
The fact that Red actually achieves something and the series lacks completely useless and repetitive filler tell me otherwise.
The animation quality is also better than the ashnime's on average.
>>
>>24587203
I remember the page from the instruction manual showcasing the Gym Leaders listing Koga after Sabrina. Weird.
>>
>>24587247
The fact that he Gary Stus his way into achieving it is shitty though.

>The animation quality is also better than the ashnime's on average.
'no'
>>
It's still the closest thing we will ever get releated to PokéSupe
>>
>>24587247
>uses the word ashnime
>uses "the speed in which a character accomplishes something" as a factor to determine quality
>makes it blatantly clear he actually hasn't watched XY

Are you just parodying a shitposter or something?
>>
>>24587268
>he thinks PokeSpe is close to the games
>>
>>24587260
You remember wrong. The manual has the order as Brock, Misty, Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni
>>
>>24587272
its not close, but closer than any other anime or manga
>>
>>24587272
They are not close to the games but they are still the best thing to come out of the franchise besides the games, also it's pretty good as a standalone manga.
>>
>>24587260
You just remember wrong, anon. Nothing more to it.
Look up a scan if you want.
>>
>>24587283
How many Pokemon manga have you even read? One?

Pokemon Zensho is a hell of a lot truer to the game, for one.
>>
File: ohmy.jpg (36 KB, 247x211) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.jpg
36 KB, 247x211
>>24587286
>they are still the best thing to come out of the franchise besides the games
>pokespefags actually believe this
>>
>>24587247
>The animation quality is also better than the ashnime's on average

pre-XY it is
>>
>>24587311
nope. Also better than XY.
>>
>>24587247
Maybe before XY (which came right after Origin), but now it shits all over it. Check the Anistar gym episode (XY93) or the first episode of XY&Z.
>>
File: garyface.png (72 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
garyface.png
72 KB, 500x543
>>24587247
>>
>>24587311
That's like saying most Facebook games have better graphics than Pokemon games on average because none of them have graphics on par with the gen 1 games.
>>
>>24587302
Sure with protag named Ash xd
>>
>>24587261
Ash also has a whole lot of moments like that, switching between complete incompetence and being the perfect savior of the world at other times.

>>24587269
The speed isn't necessary the most important aspect. It's just that what happens between the milestones has to be interesting. Having repetitive filler does not qualify as quality.
>getting triggered by ashnime

I'l admit that the animation has gotten better than how it was in Unova though. But the average battle scenes between Ash and TR/CotW aren't very good.
>>
cause is shit, b2w2 trailer is better
>>
>>24587319
Compare the Giovanni fight to any of the Kalos gym ones. They are better
>>
>>24587269
>>uses "the speed in which a character accomplishes something" as a factor to determine quality

It IS a factor for quality because it means some form of character and real plot development is actually happening instead of just being endless repetitive filler

>>makes it blatantly clear he actually hasn't watched XY
Oh, so you're one of THOSE Ashnimefags, the kind who brush off any criticism of your precious mediocre children's anime with "b-but you just haven't watched it!"
>>
>>24587346
>it means some form of character and real plot development is actually happening
Half-assed ones, sure. But in the case of origins both were skipped and it was just rushed.
>>
>>24587342
No one's getting triggered, they're just writing you off as the shitposter you are.
>>
>>24587247
Yeah sure, with that goddamn terrible graphical style
>>
>>24587345
Ok, and compare anything else in Origins to anything in the ashnime.

Not only is the animation better but the battling itself is also better. It looks like actual battling instead of EVERYTHING EXPLODES and le ebin glowing body parts or beams
>>
File: ohwow.jpg (36 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
ohwow.jpg
36 KB, 500x389
>>24587346
>It IS a factor for quality because it means some form of character and real plot development is actually happening

>actually claims Origins had this
>>
>>24587361
>le ebin glowing body parts

Origins did this
>>
>>24587351
>But in the case of origins both were skipped and it was just rushed.

It wasn't skipped. The entire first episode is pretty much Red's character development. And it was rushed, hmmm yeah maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's only four fucking episodes. And I'll take rushed character development over no character development at all.
>>
>>24587346
You're not even trying anymore.

Absolutely ebin.
>>
>>24587361
>le ebin glowing body parts or beams
>snorlax-eye-hyperbeam.gif
>>
>>24587352
So this is what they teach you in /padt/ nowadays? Anybody that uses the word ashnime and talks negatively about their precious anime is a lier?
>>
You know, I've always wondered. I've never seen the anime trolled hard like this. I guess it really is so good or at least providing so much that there are people willing to invest time to shitpost about it.

>>24587369
>no character development

this is why people laugh at you for thinking OS Ash is the same as XY Ash
>>
Friendly reminder that filtering the word "ashnime" is a good way to filter shitposts.
>>
>>24587369
>The entire first episode is pretty much Red's character development
From failure retard to plot armor-wearing retard?
>>
>>24587383
>I've never seen the anime trolled hard like this.
have you ever seen the ashnime being discussed outside of /padt/?
This is normal.
>>
>>24587369
>Red's character development
Literally when.

>>24587369
>I'll take rushed character development over no character development at all.
But we saw none of it though so what's the point.

>maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's only four fucking episodes.
A series being too short is legitimate criticism. They knew they only had four episodes to work with yet they still wasted time on needless shit.
>>
>>24587392
>ashnime
>>
>>24587398
Your point?
>>
It's just that /v/ guy with his raging hateboner for the anime again, anons. Pretty sure it's the same guy who made all those threads bitching about Pokken taking animation cues from the anime too.
>>
>>24587407
>W-What, somebody is disliking the anime?!
>I-Impossible! Must be /v/!
>>
Charizard X: The Commercial
>>
>>24587392
You just proved my point you newfag.

Nigga back at DP while there was shitposting it didn't amount to what it was today. And back in BW everyone shits on that show. But now in XY you get people who outright shitposts and falseflags shit because it triggers their autism.

>>24587407
nah he's a /vp/fag who went to /v/ but got his shit kicked. You'd be surprised, XY anime actually gets liked in other boards.
>>
>>24587361
A fucking filler episode about Pokeballs has better animations than all of Origins.
>>
>>24587430
The XY anime is liked most places. The supposed "hate" it gets is just shitposters.
>>
KissAnime is a shit site but i wanted to get a HD screencap from somewhere fast and i'm currently on a shit-tier laptop so i ain't downloading torrents for a meme thread.
>>
>>24587430
I'm not sure if you have noticed but the anime generally gets more and more disliked by each generation since more and more people gets fed up with its bullshit. With the only reason BW is the lower than XY is because it was way way worse than anyone could imagine even by the anime's standard.
The anime has always gotten shit on /vp/.
>>
>>24587448
Yeah I'm surprised fucking toonzone got a decent discussion about it.

>>24587438
On a related note, it shows how revered Tom and Jerry is while it is forgotten in its home country,
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1686x950) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1686x950
>>24587455
Fuck i forgot the image
>>
>>24587457
stop relying on facebook posters anon

and the people who hate it aren't into the show to begin with
>>
>>24586745
>implying Thunderbolt Rhyhorn wasn't a thing back in Gen I
>>
>>24586731
I don't think /vp/ hates Origins, it's mostly Ashnimefags. That said it could've been better. I think it would've benefitted from being longer.

Adventures (despite the edginess) > Origins > Ashnime
>>
>>24587467
>ashnime
>>
>>24587462
>still frames are an indicator of animation quality

baka desu senpai
>>
>they still haven't filtered ashnime

surprisingly cleans up this thread
>>
File: questionnn.png (122 KB, 506x440) Image search: [Google]
questionnn.png
122 KB, 506x440
>>24587388
Which words would you ban completely from this board?

Me:
>genwunner
>can(n)on
>ashnime
>edgeventures
>>
>>24587477
Even still, Origin's character art direction is disgusting. Look at those wide empty areas on the face.
>>
>>24587477
Not necessary animation but
>The average quality of the backgrounds
>The average quality of the frames, coloring, shading, etc
>>
>>24587438
>fluid run on 3D conveyor belts
>exaggerated animation with Pikachu and Meowth becoming literal balls
>epic wind-swept Spaghetti Western-like final confrontation on top of the truck
Iwane is a man of miracles.
>>
>>24587465
>and the people who hate it aren't into the show to begin with
No fucking shit. Of course the people that doesn't like it either got tired of it or didn't like it to start with.

I never see people talking positively about the anime, neither in pokémon circles nor in anime circles. The only place I see it getting praise is in designated ashnime areas.
>>
>>24587471
Yes, the anime with Ash, as opposed to the anime with Red. Not being derogatory using the term (though I do dislike the Ash anime). I'll make sure to use "Ash anime" from now on to not trigger you.
>>
>>24587504
you should actually get out of /vp/ and facebook anon, and maybe serebii forums too since that place is cancer regardless if it's anime or games
>>
>>24587506
Ash is Red's real name
>>
>>24587448
The XY anime is liked by the manchildren who still haven't dropped the garbage show targeted towards kids due to their shit pairings that will never come true.

Anyone who watches anime on a regular basis and doesn't care for Pokemon all that much could watch XY and still think it's shit, because, newsflash, it is.

Origins, while not great by any means, can still be enjoyed by anybody because it actually features basic narrative elements such as character development and plot progression, elements that the Pokemon anime either neglects or implements but ignores it the season after.

You're delusional if you think the XY anime is even close to being good, hell, I wouldn't call it decent. It has pretty action scenes at times, but that's it.
>>
>>24587504
>ashnime
>>
File: 1385424427247.jpg (54 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1385424427247.jpg
54 KB, 500x400
>>24587518
>>
>>24587513
Literally never seen a pokémon discussion on facebook. Left serebiiforums 5years ago.
I admit that my main platforms of discussion is /vp/, and /a/ for anime.

Where is the ashnime praised? Reddit or tumblr I guess?
>>
>>24587519
>targeted towards kids
Then why are you still playing the games? :^)
>>
File: 1411079329514.png (40 KB, 205x239) Image search: [Google]
1411079329514.png
40 KB, 205x239
>>24586766
>graphics
>>
>>24587525
>tumblr
>page of pokeshippers

Well obviously it will not appear in other boards so frequently, but if it does appear, it starts off with confusion, information, the few idiots trying to troll it, and people saying "shit I should watch this".

You should always start /a/ with Bonnie though.
>>
>>24587525
It's praised on both /vp/ and /a/, shitposter-kun
>>
>>24587527
I quit when XY came out. I'm only here because I've been playing ever since GSC.
>>
>>24587534
>/vp/
No. Outside of /padt/ it is seriously not.
>/a/
I usually see very mixed responses. Nevertheless it's not particularly popular compared to other animes that get new episodes weekly.
>>
You can tell many here are newfags or are shitposters pretending to be oldfags because they speak as though anime general existed. In fact, it only came out around a few eps of XY.
>>
>>24587546
/vp/ is a shit board, worse than /v/, what do you expect

and obviously /a/ will prefer other anime than pokemon, but it does appear there from time to time
>>
>>24587467
I agree completely.
>>
>>24587555
/a/ only cares about the ashnime because the only thing the majority of /a/ cares about is cute and/or hot girls they can beat their dick to. And Pokemon is a series with a lot of cute girls, with the ashnime having Serena.
>>
>>24587546
>it's not praised in the random shitposter threads that pop up every now and then
>the place where people actually discuss it doesn't count
Ebin
>>
>>24587569
>ashnime
>>
>>24587555
>/vp/ is a shit board, worse than /v/, what do you expect
I'm hesitating at picking one over the other but I agree that neither is particularly good. They're just the best of the worst, in terms of places to discuss vidya on the internet.
>and obviously /a/ will prefer other anime than pokemon
I'm not following you here. If you say that the pokemon anime is good by anime standards then there is no reason why it should be praised on /a/.

Do you have any examples of "quality" websites were the anime has a positive reception, if such a thing exists?
>>
>>24587578
You mean the circle-jerk thread.
>>
>>24587578
you mean circlejerking and waifufaggotry is real discussion?
>>
>>24587585
/a/ doesn't have regular Pokemon anime threads because /vp/ has them and most /a/nons that follow the anime just use them. When they DO pop up, XY is generally considered a good series.
>>
>>24587578
>the place dedicated to discussing it is a good indicator of the whole boards opinion about the ashnime
You don't actually believe this do you? Of course the people of a general will like what the general is about. Be it the ashnime, TCG, competitive play and what not.

One of the reasons there is so little negative posts about the ashnime in the general is because pretty much everyone agrees that this place is a better place if you guys are left alone there.
>>
>>24587610
So /vp/ hates the TCG too, is that what you're implying?
>>
The problem I have is that Red just seems like a really shitty trainer, even at the end. Even when fighting Giovanni, he STILL had no fucking idea how type effectiveness worked, sending an electric type out against a ground type. Also, where was the love? Outside of charizard, he didn't seem to show any sort of bond with his pokemon. Heck, considering they often got KOed in just one hit, there's not even an IMPLIED bond through offscreen training, they were just used as cannon fodder until he sends out beateverythingizard.
>>
>>24587610
>ashnime
>>
>>24587621
>>ashnime
>>
>>24587615
Nope. What I'm saying is that the responses of a general is a bad way to indicate what the whole board thinks.
>>
File: 1364666724757.png (52 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1364666724757.png
52 KB, 500x427
>>24587616
They're just staying true to the games, where you just plowed through everything with your overleveled starter your first time.
>>
>>24587643
When a topic has a general, obviously people wanting to discuss the topic go there, dumbass.
>>
I liked the animation
>>
I loved my 4 part Charizard series
>>
File: 006Charizard_AG_anime.png (44 KB, 1000x689) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard_AG_anime.png
44 KB, 1000x689
I thought it was a nice show for what it was. Shame that it was only 4 episode instead of like 13. You could cover all the gym, the major plots, and what have you in one game play.

>>24587616
He is essentially a first time player, the kind that would just use their starter to plow everything. Hell, I just replay Leafgreen and I end up using overleveling my starter because I'm too lazy to level up my other pokemon. An overleveled Charzard got everything cover for any gym battle and elite 4.
>>
There are plenty of shittier boards on 4chan
Cancerous
>/v/
>/r9k/
>/tv/
>/sp/
>/pol/
>/b/
Literally tumblr
>/u/
>/co/
Tripfag central
>/qa/
>>
>>24587646
I never ever said anything against that.
I'm saying that in a general you obviously only hear the voices on the people that like the ashnime, and not the rest of the board. Unless you are so delusional to think that the whole board visits /padt/.
>>
>>24587665
A first time player wouldn't catch them all though.
>>
>>24586731
>Someone care to enlighten me as to why /vp/ hates Origins?
Its an anime that doesnt feature /vp/s god and actually tries to tell a story while adapting the games instead of relying on doing repetitive shit that doesnt go anywhere. Of course /vp/ would hate it.
>>
>>24587681
>ashnime
>>
>>24587685
I did, that's the objective of the game.

After beating the E4, all I focused on was evolving, catching and trading. Which is exactly what Red did.
>>
>>24587685
I use Gameshark in my elementary school days because nobody bought the link cable.

>>24587687
>/vp/s god
Wait, what?
>>
File: 1437236236568.png (317 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437236236568.png
317 KB, 1000x1000
>>24587687
>/vp/s god
Arceus?
>>
>>24586771
>Problem is that it can't really decide if it wants to do its own thing or not.
That makes no fucking sense.

>>24587362
>actually claims Origins had this
Origins had it. In two hours it told the bonding of Red and Charmander which pays off by then beating one of the strongest mons.

The anime, on the other hand, is supposed to be about Ash's bond with Pikachu but doesnt go anywhere beyond the first episode and few other instances and lasted 20 years.

>>24587383
>this is why people laugh at you for thinking OS Ash is the same as XY Ash
>DURR LE ASH IS THE DOCTOR CARD
He's not. Stop.
>>
>>24587701
>After beating the E4
I think Red had them all before the E4 though, except Mew and Mewtwo that is. Or I might be remembering wrong.
>>
>>24587398
>>24587471
>>24587520
>>24587584
>>24587621
>>24587693
>being this triggered by a mean word
>>
>>24587718
You're remembering wrong. He beat the E4, then went to complete the dex. That's why he and Green found out about Mewtwo.
>>
>>24587709
>>24587702
Ash
>>
>>24587718
Not him but I remember clearly that he went on catching more pokemon after the Hall of Fame. And then he got excited that he caught 149 pokemon and went to Oak, only to find out that Blue got hurt by Mewtwo.

>>24587725
Fuck Ash. I stop watching him long ago and I only watch him LOSE all the time in the championship. It gets tiring.
>>
>>24587722
>he thinks people are triggered by his shitposts
Ebin
>>
>>24587105
I think you mean animation, not graphics, anon.
>>
>>24587729
>Fuck Ash. I stop watching him long ago and I only watch him LOSE all the time in the championship. It gets tiring.
Well, most people here just somehow fail to see the pattern and still expect something from the show.

>>24587732
Not the other guy, but you are clearly triggered.
>>
>shitposter invents a term and consistently uses it in the belief it "triggers" people
>it actually just serves as a "this is a shitpost" flag
kek
>>
>>24587739
Would an "opinion discarded" reaction pic be more to your liking?
>>
>>24587741
>everyone that dislikes the anime is a shitposter
How long do you have to stay in the general to get this brainwashed?
>>
>>24587739
I don't get why would they place him in high regard. He always travel with some loli and Brock, who keep switching his goal for from god know reason, and Team Rocket still follows them. You can still LEARN things after you win but it was bullshit the amount of time that Ash LOST in every championship that isn't the Orange League. And isn't he like +20 years old by now?
>>
>>24587732
You're either triggered or you try to feel better about yourself by dismissing any post because it constains a word you don't like.
>>
>>24587754
>>24587760
:^)
>>
>>24587749
Well it better shows the ignorant mentality of animefags, who will completely ignore any criticism because of a simple word.
>>
>>24587772
>shitposts
>criticism
>>
>>24587438
Nope. It's not that great.

>>24587362
Compared to the Ashnime? It has it in droves. Red starts as a trainer who just wants to fill the pokedex and isn't interested much in battling. He's such a shitty trainer he doesn't even know he can't catch other's Pokemon and he has no idea about type match ups. But then he learns that needs to be good at battling to catch them all, so he learns and beats Brock by the end of the episode. And the story ends with him challenging the toughest Pokemon in the region and finally catching them all. There's a conflict, beginning, middle, and end. It's a nice 4 episode story. Meanwhile the Ashnime wallows in its own filthy hundreds and hundreds of episodes of filler with Ash basically getting knowhere and the characters being growing stale as all fuck.

>>24587365
No it didn't. Bite is actually a bite instead of WOAAAH LOOK AT THESE POKEMON'S FANGS GLOW ALL THESE GLOWING PARTS MEANS THAT THE ANIMATION IS GOOD RIGHT? ALSO IT EXPLODED UPON CONTACT SO THAT MEANS THE ANIMATION IS GOOD

>>24587374
Hyper Beam is actually a beam? And on top of that it's actually unique insead of just coming from the Pokemon's mouth like every beam attack in the Ashnime? Holy shit!

>>24587383
Yeah. But is XY Ash any different from Johto Ash? Not really. How about Hoenn Ash? Nope. Sinnoh Ash? Nope. Same old shit after literal HUNDREDS of episodes. There is no character development.

>>24587389
Yeah, like that plot armor when he got his ass handed to him by Giovanni?

>>24587395
>hurr what development
Read above

And none of it was needless. Every episode had a major plot point that grew either Red or Giovanni's character. What, you think they had time to make the entire thing just Gym Battles?
>>
>>24587741
I actually am the on who coined and stopped using it a while ago because its kinda moot and you fags stop attempting to "argue" the second you notice it, but its nice to see how buttmad you get.

>>24587755
>I don't get why would they place him in high regard.
pokemon fans are way too retarded regarding anything that isnt a pokemon game
>>
Can a fan of the XY anime please tell me why they still follow the show? Be honest.

The only reasons I can find are the battles and shipping. If it's the first, I get it, even though there are much better shows with better animation you could be spending your time on. If it's the latter, then that's honestly pathetic.

If it isn't either, again, why?
>>
>>24587775
You do know that a post can contain the word ashnime without being a shitpost. Or is that beyond your comprehension?
>>
>>24587779
>No it didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMkFCCRtxDs
>>
>>24587775
Using one word that you don't like does not turn an entire post into a shitpost. The fact that you act like it does makes you on par with tumblr, and you are in fact getting triggered by the word.

>>24587788
Careful man, you just triggered him.
>>
>>24587785
I think its a combination of brand loyalty, shipping and a refusal to accept a show they liked is actually shit.
>>
>>24587775
>>24587793
Ebin samefag
>>
>>24587788
IF YOU WANT TO EVEN REMOTELY PRETEND YOUR SHITPOST HAS THE SLIGHTEST ATTEMPT AT AN ACTAL ARGUMENT IN IT MAYE YOU SHOULDN'T INCLUDE WORDS THAT WERE COINED BY SHITPOSTERS TO SHITPOST AND ARE NEVER USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE YOU CUMGUZZLING NIGGER COCK! FUCK OFF BACK TO S4S!!

>BEING THIS RETARDED
LOL

Or in other words, if you're actually trying to present a legitimate argument, it's in your best argument to not word it like a blatant shitpost.
>>
>>24587823
>don't word your argument as a blatant shitpost gaise!
>does exactly that
>>
File: 1398972154147.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1398972154147.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
>>24587823
>>
>>24587823
*it's in your best interest
Fuck

Either way, if you're not a shitposter, make an effort to not come across as one instead of getting mad at being treated like one.
>>
>>24587779
>so he learns
But he forgets it by he next episode.

>There's a conflict, beginning, middle, and end.
>middle
No.

>Hyper Beam is actually a beam? And on top of that it's actually unique insead of just coming from the Pokemon's mouth like every beam attack in the Ashnime? Holy shit!
>It's fine if Origins does it!

>But is XY Ash any different from Johto Ash?
Yes.
>How about Hoenn Ash?
Yes.
>Sinnoh Ash?
Yes.
>There is no character development.
Wrong.

>Yeah, like that plot armor when he got his ass handed to him by Giovanni?
You says he learns about type matchups but here you're contradicting yourself. Also yes it's plot armour when his Charizard is able to beat Giovanni when his other pokemon that had the type advantage couldn't.
>>
>>24587831
Pretty sure that was the exact point he was making, anon
>>
File: Red_Hitmonlee_Mega_Kick_PO.png (2 MB, 1566x881) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hitmonlee_Mega_Kick_PO.png
2 MB, 1566x881
>>
>>24587831
...I think that was the entire point.
>>
>>24587836
> make an effort to not come across as one instead of getting mad at being treated like one.
But he didnt look like a shitposter, he just used a word that you dont like. An actual shitpost would have been more around the lines of "LOL le butthurt ashnimefag XD".

>>24587838
>But he forgets it by he next episode.
such as?

>>It's fine if Origins does it!
Hyper Beam IS a beam you retard

>Ash
>not being the same
He's still a retarded kid that wants to win the pokemon league

>b-but he's such a badass now!
he's not, and even then, dont you always say that each season's Ash is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER.
>>
>>24586731
It was just glorified pandering to genwunners and masturbatory material for charifags.
>>
>>24587838
>when his other pokemon that had the type advantage couldn't.
>thinks type is the only important thing
>thinks type is the only important thing while defending fucking Ash
>>
>>24587857
When the word in question is a word that's exclusively used by shitposters, you kinda look like a shitposter if you use it. Either that, or some newfag that fell for bait.
>>
>>24587838
How about explaining HOW he's any different from season to season instead of shitposting?

Because the character regressing back to being retarded at the start of each season (BW especially) then slowly regaining back his skills only to lose in the Pokemon league as everyone expects is not "character development", anon.

I doubt you even know what character development is.
>>
>>24587844
Then he conveyed it extremely poorly. You seem to think so too since you're so scared of your own opinion that you felt like putting it in spoiler tags

>>24587838
He doesn't forget. ASH forgets. "Hurr what evolution again? Durr i dunno it this thing where pokemon glows lol"
"how do I counter ice field again? Durr i dunno so I'll lose despite facing this strategy like four times before"
"Durr what's a gardevoir again? Better scan it with my pokedex"

How the fuck is he different from Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Ash in ANY meaningful way? It's the same fucking character.

> Also yes it's plot armour when his Charizard is able to beat Giovanni

I don't think you know what plot armor is. Losing once and then barely beating him with his highest level Pokemon isn't plot armor. It's how the fucking game mechanics work.
>>
>>24587823
You're not actually this triggered are you?

It takes you 5 seconds to see if a post has any real points or is mindless shitposting, regardless of if it contains the word ashnime or not.
>>
>>24587857
>An actual shitpost would have been more around the lines of "LOL le butthurt ashnimefag XD".

Why, because it includes words like "lol", "le" and "XD", words you don't like?
>>
>all these filtered posts
>>
>this is currently the fastest thread on /vp/

baka desu
>>
Animation was okay but skipping most of events or making them so short because you want pack all of plot in 4 episodes is what ruined it for me.
>>
>>24587881
No, those are just the icing. That posts sole point is "y mad?".
The point is that posts that contain the word ashnime can include real points, but that ashnime fags chooses to ignore them and only pay focus to that word alone. Calling a post a shitpost and dismissing it when they see the word.
>>
>>24587870
>When the word in question is a word that's exclusively used by shitposters
But that's not true at all. That's a myth promoted by a shitposter who liked the anime and you retards prefering to call people shitposters rather than actually trying to reply to his arguments. And you're doing the same thing here.
>>
>>24587900
>ashnime
>>
>>24587904
Maybe not use the word if you're pretending to have an argument you want people to respond to, then?
>>
>>24587907
See? You're doing it again.

>>24587896
If butthurt anime fans didnt exist that wouldnt be the case.
If anime fans didnt exist that wouldnt be the case
If /vp/ werent so adamant in hating any actual attempt at making pokemon good that wouldnt be the case.
alas
>>
>>24587915
That's why I stopped using it, but that doesnt make you right, the other anon made actual points and you still havent replied to them properly.
>>
>>24587916
>Origins
>an actual attempt at making pokemon good

You HAVE to be trolling.
>>
>>24587878
I'll answer part of this:
>"Hurr what evolution again? Durr i dunno it this thing where pokemon glows lol"
He knows what it is, he just can't explain technical shit. That's always been a thing with him.
>"how do I counter ice field again? Durr i dunno so I'll lose despite facing this strategy like four times before"
Go look at every single ice field Ash has battled and what Pokemon he's faced. Pryce, Candice and Brycen's gyms all had formations that Pokemon could use to move along. Viola's gym and sudden ice field was nothing more than a skating rink. The only comparable one is Brandon but his Regiice wasn't skating around the field.
>"Durr what's a gardevoir again? Better scan it with my pokedex"
He knows what a Gardevoir is, he even mentions it before PokeDexing it.
>>
>>24587895
>la la la I can't hear you
pretty much the perfect example of how anime fags deal with things
>>
>>24587916
I do agree that discussion about the Pokemon anime (regular, the manga series' or Origins) should only exist on /a/
>>
>>24587920
Not him, but I think a lot of people have the word filtered.
>>
>>24587857
>such as?
Type matchups, he disregards them after the first episode.

>Hyper Beam IS a beam you retard
And when in the main anime has a move been show as a beam when it wasn't one? Wait a minute are you that faggot that was mad about Bide being shown as a special move? You can fuck right off.

>>24587864
Type matchups are shown to be an important thing in the first episode though but then everyone just seems to forget about it later. I guess it isn't so much as Red's fault but because the show itself is shit.

>>24587877
>regressing back to being retarded at the start of each season
Only happened in BW.

>>24587878
>Hurr what evolution again? Durr i dunno it this thing where pokemon glows lol
That was just him not being able to convey it in scientific terms. he know what evolution is.

>like four times before
But that's wrong you retard.

>Better scan it with my pokedex
He does that for the sake of the audience you retard. And he usually know what the pokemon is before dexing it.

>Losing once
But he didn't lose though. That's the thing if he did lose then had a rematch then won it would've been good but instead we get Charizardisthestrongest wankfest.
>>
>>24587936
Power Gem
>>
>>24587936
>Only happened in BW.
If he didn't regress in every season, then he'd have no trouble with the gyms after Johto.
>>
>>24587915
The point is that it is not used just by shitposters anymore. Regardless of its origin.
You just come of as ignorant and a shitposter yourself if your response is >ashnime without paying attention to the points of the post.
>>
>>24587922
>You HAVE to be trolling.
Not really, its the first serialized pokemon animation that doesnt kill your brain cells.

I mean, far from a masterpiece, but for pokemon its a godsend. It sucks, but that's how it is.

>>24587928
> should only exist on /a/
>pokemon board
>shouldnt discuss pokemon

>>24587931
That doesnt make a post using it a shitpost. It's like I filtered the word "the" and call anyone that uses it a shitposter.

>>24587936
>Type matchups, he disregards them after the first episode.
He doesnt stick to them, but he doesnt disregard them.

>Type matchups are shown to be an important thing in the first episode though but then everyone just seems to forget about it later.
You know type matchups arent everything do you?
>>
>>24587951
>ashnime
>>
>>24587936
>Type matchups, he disregards them after the first episode.
>Type matchups are shown to be an important thing in the first episode though but then everyone just seems to forget about it later. I guess it isn't so much as Red's fault but because the show itself is shit.

You can't be this retarded. Giovanni specifically points out that Red brought Pokemon with a type advantage against Ground-types and the only reason he was losing was because his mons were all under-leveled.

Stop trolling or start paying attention.
>>
>>24587952
discussion of the anime or manga on /vp/ descends into a shitshow
>>
>>24587951
>Regardless of its origin.
The origin wasnt shitpost tho, it got that fame because of the people who post >ashnime.
>>
>>24587952
>That doesnt make a post using it a shitpost. It's like I filtered the word "the" and call anyone that uses it a shitposter.
No, but it makes it a post people won't read, and thus won't respond to.
>>
>>24587960
That's because the pokemon fanbase has no clue with anything that isnt pokemon so you get retards analyzing the manga/anime/whatever in ways that make /a/ look like high intellectuals.

But it's a fanbase problem, we shouldnt twist the board divisions just for that.

>>24587963
Which is not the definition of a shitpost, yeah.
>>
>>24587952
>That doesnt make a post using it a shitpost
Neither does adding the word "lol" to the end of all your posts. It'll still reduce the amount of serious replies you're going to get.
>>
>>24587949
Getting to know new pokemon and how they work, what their weaknesses/strength are takes time. Or do you expect him to know all about his mons the moment he captures them or something? Not to mention the opponent's pokemon.
>>
>>24587785
because is pokemon
>>
>>24587956
red didn't seem to care about types though
>tells kabutops to use slash on rhyhorn
>tells hitmonlee to use megakick on rhyhorn
>tells charizard to use megapunch of rhydon
>>
>>24587971
>Neither does adding the word "lol" to the end of all your posts
If you need to point out you're laughing, you probably arent serious.

> It'll still reduce the amount of serious replies you're going to get.
To be fair, even if I dont use that word, I still dont get serious replies from "people who actually watch the pokemon anime series" so its kinda moot.
>>
>>24587981
Perhaps he didn't knew that Rhyhorn was Rock type as well?

Then again, he used Double Kick with Jolteon iirc
>>
>>24587915
I don't think the word in itself is that bad, but you guys should really work on how you respond to it.
Like, responding >ashnime to a blatant shitpost is just stupid since they should be ignored and you're just giving them >guaranteed replies.
Responding >ashnime to an actually decent post just make you like like ignorant circlejerking memers.

If you guys just ignored the word while reading a post instead of letting it define a post it wouldn't be a problem in the first place.
>>
>>24588017
If you're actually trying to have a legitimate conversation, why would you use a word you KNOW will just make your post look more like a shitpost, though? It's deliberately going out of your way to make people less likely to bother taking you seriously.
>>
>>24588017
They'll probably ignore your post and continue to be butthurt because that's just how they are. Ashnime fags love to play the victim.
>>
Rhyhorn one-shotted jolteon with thunderbolt, when a level 100 rhyhorn would not have okho a level 20 jolteon.
>>
>>24588048
>IT OKAY IF THE ANIME DOESNT APPLY GAME LOGIC GUISE

>HOW COME THE ORIGIN DOESNT FOLLOW GAME LOGIC?
>>
>>24588017
People see the word in your post and just stop reading there, anon. You're not getting decent replies to your decent points because people have written your post off as a shitpost before even getting to them.
>>
>>24588057
>>HOW COME THE ORIGIN DOESNT FOLLOW GAME LOGIC?
>OVA is claimed to be the game in anime form
>doesn't follow game mechanics
What do you think?
>>
>>24586745
>>24586758
Does something need to be faithful to be good?
It's not like the games make 100% sense.
>>
>>24588084
>OVA is claimed to be the game in anime form
Not literally you fucking retard, how autistic can you get?

>>24588062
>people think its a shitpost
>therefore there is
do you even ad populum
>>
So who's the better character?

Ash?
Red from Origin?
Red from Adventures?
Or Red from the games (I don't think he even counts as a character desu)?
>>
>>24588095
No, but it's TREATED as a shitpost because it's filled with shitpost flags, anon.
If you want legit responses, don't word your legit posts like shitposts.
>>
>>24588100
ash
>>
>>24588095
That's what the claims are. I'm not the one that believed or made them.
>>
>>24588100
>Ash?
Literally the worst character in fiction.
>Red from Origin?
Not great but better.
Red from Adventures?
Best narrated one
>Or Red from the games (I don't think he even counts as a character desu)?
He does, he's just a player avatar.

It'd be manga Red>Origin Red>literally eating shit>>>>>Ash

>>24588110
ebin
>>
>>24588100
I would go with Red from Adventures, even though he is one of the most boring characters there.

Red from Origins had next to no personality, mainly because of how fast paced the series was. Ash is too inconsistent for my liking, like BW Ash doesn't even feel like the same character as say DP Ash.

Red from the games is whatever you want him to be, that's the point of blank characters.
>>
>>24587260
Doesn't even matter, there's so much sequence breaking you can get the Master Ball and unlock the whole map other than the Surf areas with just the first two badges

Part of why I love first gen/the remakes and still play it, in lieu of hand-holding they decided to design it well.
>>
>>24588120
>Literally the worst character in fiction.
ebin
>>
>>24588120
>Literally the worst character in fiction.
ebin
>>
>>24588130
>>24588133
>serialized character
>has a goal
>yet he doesnt develop in almost 20 years
tell me a worse character.
>>
>>24588130
>>24588133

But he's right.
>>
>>24588147
>Insert generic Goku clone here
>>
>>24588150
>he
>>
>>24588157
Which one? All the ones I know actually develop and/or have a personality. Not to mention most shonen end,even if they take a while.
>>
>>24587462
Literally what point is this supposed to prove? They have two entirely different art styles.
>>
>>24588166
Natsu and Naruto.

Not a Goku clone, but Tsuna from KHR doesn't develop after 410 chapters either.
>>
I read positive things about Origin here when it came out.
>>
>>24588180
Because at the time, Serena didn't exist. Ergo, it didn't give the anime fans a (shitty) reason to even try to argue that the anime is better than Origin.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.