[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, how would you fix this? Give it a 100% Accuracy? Increase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: HM 01 - CUT.png (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
HM 01 - CUT.png
21 KB, 256x256
Okay, how would you fix this? Give it a 100% Accuracy? Increase the damage? Or both? What would you do to CUT to make it not suck?
>>
>>24582245
It's the first HM you'll get so it HAS to suck.
>>
>>24582245
Remove it from the game.
>>
Make it a steel or bug move with 60BP that cannot miss.
>>
>>24582245
As an HM either make specific trees stay gone once they are cut, like that Rocksmash-Rock in the tunnel in Hoenn. Either that or make it completely optional.

As a move, make it SE against grass types.
>>
Make it always crit.
>>
>>24582245
Cut is now a Steel type move with 30 PP, 60 BP, and 100% accuracy. To make it unique, Critical Hits do 50% bonus damage (as opposed to the current 33% boost).

It becomes a move that can be good up through the E4, but still gets outclassed by other, better moves.
>>
>>24582245
How does Cut suck? Besides the obvious zero competitive use, it has great PP, semi-reliable accuracy and a very large and convenient learnbase.
>>
>>24583712
can't be overwritten on the fly
>>
>>24583712
Tackle outclasses it now though, except Tackle is an optional move whereas every game save RSE requires Cut at one point or another to progress

If anything it should have a higher crit ratio, maybe up the accuracy to 100% so it's a weaker version of Slash.
>>
Why does every move suddenly have to be good or competitively viable?
Whats with this retarded fascination?
Low BP moves are important to balance the actual game. Just stop using them as you progress.
>>
>>24583701
>33%
Where did you get this from? Crits already deal 50% bonus damage.
>>
>>24583839
this desu
>>
>>24583845
holy shit i thought new moot had removed the filters already
>>
>>24583839
With hundreds of pokemon and moves out there expecting all of them to be equally good is just silly.
Its like complaining that all the spells and weapons in Final Fantasy aren't uber powerful.
>>
>>24582245
i would make it a special priority 40 bp normal move just cause we don't have any of those

>>24583839
it's called being bored
>>
>>24583850
They should stay imo senpai
>>
Make it a TM. In the story you now get a pair of shears.
>>
>>24583910
>special priority 40 bp normal move
good for heliolisk, lickilicky, sylveon, salamence, slaking to a minor extent
but glalie, aurorus, pidgeot and others could really use a move like that too
>>
>>24582245
Make it an item called Hedge Clippers then turn cut into a TM
Then add pickaxe, Power Gloves, wet suit and enhanced wetsuit (let's you swim up waterfalls)

Make Fly something like Latias where you can call a Pokemon from your PC to fly you
>>
>>24583845
this
>>
>>24584150
Fly, surf and waterfall are all decent moves though.
>>
>>24583839
The thing about it is that CUT is an HM, you need CUT, even once, just to get through an annoying tree. You need to visit someone if you want to remove CUT and he is like 3/4 way into the game half the time. If was given a choice, its either make CUT as good as Strength and Surf by buffing it, give the player an axe or give a pokemon with a blade to auto cut the tree without wasting a skill slot, or just remove CUT entirely.
>>
>>24583751
I don't remember ever using Cut in X/Y.
>>
>>24582245

100 acc
New type (Steel, bug, grass, any of these would be fine)

literally fixed. Simple
>>
>>24584911

WAIT new idea. Since cut is simply whatever a pokemon decides to use that is sharp, Make cut variable type, based on pokemon's primary. Now it's also unique, to an extent.
>>
>>24583938
This but for all current HMs. It really is a huge limiting factor where you either have to waste several move slots or a Pokemon slot just to progress through Victory Road in most cases.
>>
File: 1370290114032.png (28 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1370290114032.png
28 KB, 500x469
>>24584939
>pushing giant rocks out of the way with shears
>climbing huge waterfalls with shears
>crushing rocks with shears
>lighting up a cave with shears
>>
>>24584254
I agree but I think it's sorta bullshit that I basically have to have a Water and Flying type in every playthrough.
>>24584944
Fuck you. You know what I meant.
>>
File: 1445549015744.png (121 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1445549015744.png
121 KB, 800x800
>>24584954
>Fuck you

>breeding with shears
>>
JUST GIVE US FIELD MOVESETS.
>>
>>24583839
/thread
>>
>>24584958

This would be the best. I would like them to change "Forgetting" more than 4 moves to saying "Each pokemon can only actively master 4 moves in battle. They remember all of their moves, and can use outside of battle moves still even if they are 'deleted.' They simply stop being proficient at using it in times of combat. But no, your pinsir did not suddenly forget how to cut things. It is just now training in using XScissors in battle, it wont readily be able to use cut on a moving target who is fighting back. It can still chop down a defenseless tree"

Would fix a lot of the lore canon stuff too.
>>
Make it a novelty move that randomly lowers one of your opponent's stats when it hits.
>>
>>24582287
because grass needs more weakness
>>
>>24585070

grass should be weak to water desu.
>>
>>24582245
Retype to Steel, buff to 65 base power, 50% chance of lowering defense
Bam, perfectly usable in-game
>>
>>24585052
>switch it on the fly but retain PP % in the moveslot you changed, rounds down if necessary
>retains all prior move tutors, egg moves, level-up moves that particular pokemon has learned

would be good
>>
>>24585161

That's a good plan. I kinda figure you rename Move Rememberer to Move Trainer or Expert or something. He has psychic mimic users and "retrains" pokemon for a modest fee of one heart scale.
>>
>>24582245

Add a 50% chance of cutting the target's attack.
>>
>>24585104
What's with all of the desuposting recently?
>>
>>24582245
Introduce a status like bleeding that kills the other oponent or amputates random parts like a deathly chinese katana
>>
>>24585214
Favorite poster desu
>>
>>24585212
Not him but they added filter word for t-b-h being desu, f-a-m being senpai, and c-u-c-k being kek.
>>
For single player balance early TMS should be awful.

What the could do however is add an in balance tutor that upgrades you HM moves into similarly themed ones that maintain their overworld function.

So on some pokes xe can turn their Cuts into Night Slashes, and on some xe can turn their flashes into Dazzling Gleams, etc.
>>
>>24585223
>xe
tumblr pls go
>>
>>24585220
kek desu senpai
>>
Remove HMs from the game.

Give all Pokemon innate ability to use field moves by type. Psychics can teleport. Ground types can dig. Fighting types can rock smash. Water types can surf. Flying types can fly etc.

Tie ability to use field moves to badges so that you can't use all field moves immediately. eg your flying type Pokemon cannot fly you around the map until you have the 4th badge.

HMs are seriously the worst shit.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.