[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Showdown being sued by Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: 1445722126090.jpg (122 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1445722126090.jpg
122 KB, 800x700
I won't reveal my identity but the issue came from Gen 6 Sprites. There's a forum post about it. Nintendo gave several cease and desists after ripped models were used. No one listened and so Nintendo now is suing for use of intellectual property rights. Zarel's in some serious shit, desu.

Servers are shut down indefinitely or until the Courts decide the fate if Zarel even fights it. Smogon might be forced to close down too but that's a gray matter.
>>
epic
>>
>>24581495
Amazing
>>
it didn't work in the showderp thread and it won't work her desu
>>
>>24581495
Why the hell did they just ignore the ceases and desists? Surely they know Nintendo doesn't play around with those.
>>
>>24581534
you actually believe this even without proof? ayyyyy
>>
>>24581539
Smogon Forums are not loading.
>>
>>24581539
Because I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't done anything about Showdown until now.
>>
good. showdown was cancer save for showderp and zarel modified the rng to be more pseudo so his battles were more "epic"

i hope that stupid pedophile gets thrown in prison and raped by lawyers for the rest of his life
>>
>>24581578
They are having general server issues. /psg/ is shitposting. Ignore this thread.
>>
>>24581599
Asking for a crime to justify punishment of a crime doesn't solve anything and only reveals your hypocrisy. Might as well get rid of the whole system altogether if you're going to let feels dictate decisions.
>>
>>24581601
there's no server issues even the IRC mods are saying there's some serious shit going down but won't let anyone talk about it

also rei and bond confirm there's issues with Nintendo over at ProjectPokemon's IRC

btw this guy doesn't know what he's typing about. Showdown's seriously dead
>>
>>24581601
What in the living fuck is /psg/
>>
>>24581650
epic
dank
>>
>>24581623

>asking for a crime to justify punishment of a crime
>implying it's a crime to punish copyright infringement on this scale

everybody knew none of this shit was licensed and Nintendo only let the gen 5 shit go because the simulator wasn't that popular

at this point they care about it infringing upon sales and we all know the autistic basement dwelling smogon-heads deserve something like this for injecting their tryhard arbitrary laddering system into something like pokemon

learn to critically think instead of quivering at the thought of losing your precious 1700 ladder rating
>>
>>24581658
Joke's on you, I don't even play competitive.
>>
File: SerenawantsapieceofValerie.png (907 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SerenawantsapieceofValerie.png
907 KB, 1280x720
Great. Know we only need a official Pokemon Tier list for the official championships and people can finally stop using Smogon elitist banlists and have some fun.
>>
>>24581495
>There's a forum post about it.
Where? Can you post it here?
>>
>>24581689
The Smogon Forums are kill, Anon.
>>
>>24581689
there isn't because this is a falseflagger
>>
File: Hoopaning.jpg (93 KB, 650x470) Image search: [Google]
Hoopaning.jpg
93 KB, 650x470
>>24581495
is it happening, is Smogon finally being killed
>>
>>24581704
>smogon goes down
>showdown is down
>all subservers are down

>falseflagger

lol i bet you're one of the 'greninja isn't real' fags too.
>>
>>24581599
>showdown was cancer
>battling online with Pokemon which are easy as hell to swap out and always have perfect IVs and all their potential cumulative moves crossgen is bad

>modified the rng

Fuck that shit, that explains why I'd get streaks of Air Slash/90% moves missing six times in a row

>>24581658
>fan-based competition is bad
>bloo bloo ladder is bad

hi gamefreak

>>24581685
Yes surely evasion spam and M-Kangaskhan are more fun than having a somewhat balanced metagame with banlists based on usage statistics and community discussion

I don't even like smogon but VGC a shit
>>
Site is back, its not happening

Sadly enough

Maybe another day
>>
>>24581745
ayy get rekt :^)
>>
>Smogon back up
>Showdown still down

Doesn't really say anything about the situation
>>
>>24581771
Showdown is back for me, laggy but back
>>
>>24581495
Pathetic, they just can't take it when fans are making far superior battle simulators than Gamefreak can.
>>
>>24581777
>superior
please showdown is anything but
>>
>>24581779
It's better than those slow paced ingame battles, ingame also has no tiers which ruins the fun most of the time.
>>
File: Flo checks her dubs.png (27 KB, 283x246) Image search: [Google]
Flo checks her dubs.png
27 KB, 283x246
>>24581777
>>
>>24581710
Although hated, Smogon is the only page that have POKéMON sets.
>>
>>24581797
Movesets?

Serebii also has some with POTW
But i have to agree that smogon has more and sometimes better movesets

Only thing its good for imo
>>
Is the Smogon Strategy Dex up? It doesn't charge for me.

I really fear the sets of the page. I want to save as many sets as I can.
>>
>>24581495
Fuck off nintendo, I'm not gonna play your shitty Kangaskhan metas.
>>
>>24582170
As if Smogon drivel were any good.
>>
>>24581670

joke's on you, missing the entire point over a sarcastic ad hom

>>24581725

>muh laddering
>i can only validate my enjoyment of pokemon if i win competitively

if even one person decides to shift their focus from favorites/creativity to some over analyzed smogon team favorite then the cancer has already spread too far

any objective assessment of pokemon reveals that it was never meant to be some hyper competitive circlejerk ending in a 13 year old spending 12 hours in front of a simulator made by a pedophile enabler who screams on the forums when he misses an attack due to brightpowder

do the world and the spirit of the franchise a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>24582195
isn't this funny, smogon OU has currently more diversity than VGC :^)
cry moar
>>
>>24581886
Well, even if Nintendo takes Showdown down, I don't know why the regular Smogon stuff wouldn't come back. It's pretty safe fansite stuff.
>>
If Game Freak wants me to play on cart they need to implement a 6v6 singles ladder.
>>
BAN GEENIESS REEEEE
>>
>>24582195
Currently OU is fun and I can use other megas instead of defaulting to Kang.
>>
I use Showdown for playing monotype. Good luck finding a bunch of people who want to play that way outside of showdown
>>
>>24582222
6v6 singles without Smogon banlist would be a complete clusterfuck even more centralised than VGC, not fun to play at all.
>>
>>24582277
>Playing that idleclicker
GTFO Fag
>>
File: 1446342078025.jpg (11 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1446342078025.jpg
11 KB, 298x200
>>24582362
Ayy lmoa
>>
>>24581495
Yes, those showdown guys really had it coming. We also mailed them pudding in an envelope.
>>
>>24582203
>>muh laddering
>>i can only validate my enjoyment of pokemon if i win competitively
>assuming
>implying

I don't give a shit about the ladder system, the whole setup is just a well-done accessible simulator.

I don't think many people on it take the competitive aspect as seriously as you think they do. Personally I use a mix of good Pokemon and my favorites, which generally overlaps. Sometimes I force an ingame bro shitmon onto my team just because I like it. Sometimes I carry a pokemon from showdown to ingame because I find it endearing kicking so much ass in battle.

Sorry you don't like Garchomp fag lmao
>>
>>24581725
>modified the rng
The RNG is correct. What's causing the appearance that the RNG is modified is two things

>You're battling much more rapidly and quickly than on console/handheld games, thus you will experience more in a shorter amount of time
>The modern meta leans much harder on pokemon, abilities and moves that have a chance of an effect happening or have less than 100% accuracy

So yes, you are more likely to encounter 11 Iron Head flinches or 8 Fire Blast misses or triple Scald crit burns, because you are battling more, with more variables than ever before
>>
>>24582203
How to spot bad players: they're this mad about competitive.
>>
Why would Nintendo care about Smogon?
>>
>>24581495
>Smogon might be forced to close down too but that's a gray matter.
>gray matter
But Smogon doesn't have any gray matter
>>
File: 1422921706932.gif (2 MB, 290x260) Image search: [Google]
1422921706932.gif
2 MB, 290x260
>>24584044
>>
>>24581587
I'm legitimately confused it took them this long. Game Freak is INSANELY protective of the IP, why would they just let this fangame steal game sales from them?
>>
The only thing I'm worried about is the PokeBuilder thing where I can see how Natures and EV spreads affect the base stats.
>>
This actually should happen though. Smogon's lucky Gamefreak doesn't pay attention to the fandom outside of Japan, if showdown had the same cancerous influence on the Japanese competitive scene they'd shut it down in a heartbeat
>>
>>24581495
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH fucking justice at last!
praise based Nintendo
>>
>>24581495
Is this a joke?

I just checked showdown today and it works fine. Nothing on the forum is hinting towards this. Can I have a source? If not, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>24587169
You can furiously suck my dick.

And it was on Smogon forums before they went down with Mods and Admins talking about it. Now anyone who creates a thread about it gets warned and the thread deleted. Its a cover up.
>>
>>24587241
are there screencaps or anything?

I can't tell if this is an ebin new meme
>>
>>24587314
It's just one guy. You can ignore him.
>>
>>24587321
>>hurrdurr there's only 1 person who browses Smogon hurrdurr
go fall off a mountain fagberry
>>
File: 1414369379926.png (324 KB, 593x484) Image search: [Google]
1414369379926.png
324 KB, 593x484
>>24581495
At last

FINALLY

SMOGON AND SMOGONDOWN ID DED

no more showderp shit, no more complaining about smogon in almost every post made
>>
File: YunJW2N.gif (296 KB, 667x835) Image search: [Google]
YunJW2N.gif
296 KB, 667x835
I know this is an ebin ruse but really?

>there are people who want the best simulator closed
>there are people who prefer cart battles with long ass animations and having to breed/cheat for everything
>there are people who want to play exactly one or two ways (instead of eight tiers, two doubles tiers, little cup, all the hackmons, everything you can do on cart, etc).
>there are people who want 90% of pokemon to have absolutely no place in competitive pokemon

Seriously what the fuck. Hate smogon all you want but showdown is great.
>>
>>24587425
This. I love random battles, playing singles with mons I've never used before is great.
>>
>2015
>still complaining about smogon

LOL people. Smogon is a thing, get over it. Play the way you want to play, and they will play the way they want to play. They have no effect on you. Seriously some of yall need lives.
>>
>>24587425
Simulators are great but showdown's crazy popularity has become the source of Smogon's growing cancer so it would be a necessary sacrifice
>>
>>24587536
>Mods on Smogon and Showdown think they are the literal shit.
>Treat anyone who doesn't circlejerk them or suck them off with disrespect
>Act higher than art thou
>Staff is even more pathetic

Yeah, can't wait for them to all be in one place at a Convention ;) I'm sure it will be a huge hit. A real smash. A ringadingaling good time.
>>
>>24587549
I never had a problem with them, even as a 15yo who just discovered Netbattle. Maybe if you acted less retarded you wouldn't either.
>>
File: x9ksd.gif (497 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
x9ksd.gif
497 KB, 300x177
>>24581495
>Smogon might be forced to close down
>mfw
>>
>>24588178
>15 year old
>on NB
>never had a problem with anyone
Literally who?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>24581599
>showdown was cancer save for showderp
>>
Please tell me we all know this is a circlejerk and there's no real proof.
>>
>>24585565
GameFreak doesn't care because thats the job of TPCi. Remember that one fan that was sued over throwing a Pokemon themed party?
>>
>>24581797
>copying movesets.

Try to make your own team headass
>>
>>24587425
This to be quite honest familia
>>
>>24591348
>the developers of the game don't care about less people playing their game
you aren't this stupid are you?
>>
I don't really care one way or the other, but it's astonishing that Nintendo/TPCi has never given a shit about Showdown.

If you love Showdown, great. I'm not gonna stop you. But it's unauthorized use of intellectual property.
>uses copyrighted names
>models/sprites
>battle algorithms
And the big one:
>presents itself as a viable alternative to buying 3DS games
>>
>>24591348
yeah because he charged for entry, served alcohol, and ignored C&D's
>>
>>24591396
Tell that to all the free Zelda and Mario fangames that get taken down all the time.
>>
>>24591398
Do they? The only ones I've heard of that happen to do because they got mainstream news attention or use official assets without permission.

Not the same story, anyhows. TPCi isn't Nintendo.
>>
>>24591282
Didn't knew I had to be famous to state that I never had problems with their admins and forum moderators.

>>24591393
>internet lawyers
>>
>>24591407
>TPCi isn't Nintendo

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Pok%C3%A9mon_Company
"The Pokémon Company (Japanese: 株式会社ポケモン Kabushiki gaisha Pokémon) is a company responsible for the licensing and marketing of the Pokémon franchise, managing retail store operation, game software, card games, license management, TV animation and film, and other ancillary businesses.[1] It is a joint venture by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures.[2]"
>It is a joint venture by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures.[2]
[...]

"Outside of most Asian countries, The Pokémon Company operates under its subsidiary The Pokémon Company International (...)"

>TPCi isn't Nintendo
>>
>>24591359
>XY sold 2 million in a couple of days.
>Pokemon games sell poorly.
You're retarded.
>>
>>24594758
Pomf please.
>>
>>24594866
Can you read?
>>
>>24594882
Can you?
>>
>>24594871
They literally quote The Pokémon Company's website.
>>
>>24594897
No one said Pokemon doesn't sell well, asshat
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.