[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team Rocket RP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
>>
No.
>>
>>24560233
"For now just go back to your room and rest. You can face one of Tony's challenges, win fabulous prizes, and we'll be where we need to be when you awake," Cody steps aside from the doorway into the hallway. "And if William would please leave my room, I will do the same."
>>
>>24576990
Stepping into the hallway, William wanders towards one of the empty rooms. "I don't know what you're planning. But I will win in the end."

The door to the abrasive warlord's manually claimed room shuts behind him.
>>
>>24560209

DICKS' grand, boastful, blusterous entrance was met with stares of abject "okay, so what?"-ness from the leader and his underlings.

The gym was threadbare, and both the leader and his underlings were dressed in conservative white robes, like those of a monastic order. Judging from the shattered silence, it was likely that DICKS had interrupted them during a meditation session.

"Yes, and?" replied the leader, glaring at DICKS with furrowed brows and a calm but furious face. "Would you mind keeping your voice down?"
>>
File: crystals.png (54 KB, 737x699) Image search: [Google]
crystals.png
54 KB, 737x699
Is there any reason you have to do it specifically here on this board? None of you are even anonymous, just use a forum, I'm sure there are plenty of RP forums.
>>
>>24577003
"This some kinda cult, like those guys who worship fossils? Never heard of no Kangaskhan fossil," completely disregarding their disapproval, DICKS strides over to where he assumed the challenger's position is.

"So what's your gym battle here?"
>>
>>24577020
>>24576979
Nobody cares kiddies.
>>
>>24577022

"We are no cult" the leader replied. "We are a monastic order that believes in using meditation and martial arts practice to foster strength through our community actions. Kangaskhan's image is used to symbolize our dedication to a life free from the complications and impersonal nature of the modern world. If all the mother needs to ensure happiness is her child, then so too can we ensure happiness through community."

"If you have come to challenge me, then know this young one- I am not so easy to beat as others you have faced. This will be six each, with a twenty round time limit. Do you accept?"
>>
>>24577058
"Martial arts monks huh? That sounds pretty cool," DICKS admits, "Guess you guys sound alright. I accept!"

He leans forward and stage-whispers across the room, "If you wanna be less impersonal, I think this place could use a more personal touch. Maybe some color to start, instead of that icky clinical white."
>>
..."But Cody, No!"

I shouted into the abyss. I heard a voice echo out "...hahahaha. Cody is gone now. Nothing will save you!"

...But I knew that there was something that could save me. My free will, and my love for Yuno, would keep me fighting.

I unsheathed my Katana and jumped into the abyss. "YOU'RE GOING DOWN FUCKER"

I unleashed my aura sphere at the enemy! But then...

"rgh!"

I was...trapped?
>>
>>24577094

>Gym Leader Pai wants to battle!

Silently, the leader called forth his first, a purple monkey-looking thing with two slender tails that connected to what looked like hands. "Go swift" commanded the leader.

>Ambipom uses Fake Out on whatever pokemon DICKS sends out
>Ambipom has Technician
>20 rounds remain
>>
>>24577123
The Clefable sent out is suddenly slapped across the face, and stares stunned at the Ambipom.

"Dammit."
>>
>>24577148

"Now, again"

The monkey lashed out with its tail-hands, slapping and striking the ball of pink in opposition.

>Power-Up Punch
>Ambipom is holding the King's Rock
>3 also flinches
>19 rounds remaining
>>
>>24577162
Taking the slap, Clefable blinks and a second Clefable appears next to him.

>Double Team, Evasion up
>>
>>24577168

"Retreat"

With a mighty leap, Ambipom launched itself at its foe. A connecting hit would send it back to its master.

>U-turn
>2 also flinches
>18 rounds remaining
>>
>>24577177

The strike was successful, and Ambipom launched itself back towards its master, to be replaced with a dog-looking thing with paint smeared on its tail.

>Smeargle is Moody
>>
>>24577177
Clefable takes the hit hard, staggering back into DICKS, who helps the Pokemon back into the fight. Closing its eyes, Clefable takes in light that mends his wounds.

>Moonlight
>>
>>24577190

>Smeargle's defense increased by 2
>Smeargle's speed was reduced by 1

"Poison"

From... Somewhere, Smeargle produced a tray of paints. Taking its tail like a brush, it dipped the tip into the purple, before flicking it towards the enemy fairy.

>Toxic
>2 also misses
>17 rounds remaining

>Attack: +0
>Sp. Atk:+0
>Defense: +2
>Sp. Def: +0
>Speed: -1
>>
>>24577214
Clefable is smeared across the face by the poison. He picks some off with his finger and licks it. Tastes like lime.
Another Clefable appears.

>Double Team x2
>Magic Guard prevents poison damage
>>
>>24577228

>Smeargle's attack was increased by 2
>Smeargle's sp. def was reduced by 1

"Dance"

Dipping its tail now into white, Smeargle took its tail and painted swords on the ground. This... Somehow raises its attack? I guess?

>Swords Dance
>16 rounds remaining

>Attack: +4
>Sp. Atk:+0
>Defense: +2
>Sp. Def: -1
>Speed: -1
>>
>>24577250
Clefable's eyes glow. All six of them.

>Double Team x2
>Cosmic Power x1
>>
>>24577255

"Retreat"

Tail still white, Smeargle now drew a crude stick on the ground. Evidently, it was supposed to be a baton, as the dog-creature was then instantly exchanged for the gym's symbol, the massive mother Kangaskhan. Light shone from its eyes as its infant leaped out to join the mother on the battlefield.

>Smeargle used Baton Pass
>15 rounds remain
>>
>>24577263
A Clefable appears. His eyes glow.

>Double Team x3
>Cosmic Power x1
>>
>>24577269

"Return"

Mother and child charged into battle, lashing out at the foe with terrible force.

>Return
>1, 3, 5, 7, the mother misses
>2, 4, 6, 8, the child misses
>9, both hit
>0, both miss
>14 rounds remain
>>
>>24577286
A Clefable is struck bu the mother, and left hanging on the edge. The others stagger along with it, even though the one the child struck didn't react.

He raises his hands and points at the mother.

>Double Team x3
>Cosmic Power x1
>Stored Power, 5 buffs, 120 BP; 2, 5, and 8 miss
>Life Orb, +30% power
>Magic Guard prevents recoil damage
>>
>>24577306

The mother dove in front of the oncoming blast, shielding her child at the cost of taking the full force of the attack. The blast, upon striking the mother, created a massive explosion and a blinding flash of light. When the light faded, mother was lying on her stomach, child crouched behind its mother's body. Slowly, the mother raised itself up, battered, broken, but not beaten.

"Return"

The fight was one once again, as mother and child charged the enemy.

>Return
>1, 3, 5, 7, the mother misses
>2, 4, 6, 8, the child misses
>9, both hit
>0, both miss
>13 rounds remain
>>
>>24577330
Each of the Clefables targeted disperse into mist and appear elsewhere, the fairies circling the room, which is beginning to shake from the power focusing on the Kangaskhan pair.

>Stored Power 120, Life Orb; 2, 5, and 8 miss
>>
>>24577346

This time, when the blast had struck and the light had faded, the mother had not the strength to stand again. Mother and child were recalled, replaced with... Seriously? You're kidding, right? You're replacing Mega Kangaskhan with a fucking Bibarel? Are you fucking serious?

"Scald"

Wait a second... That blisteringly hot jet of water is completely ignoring all of Clefable's bullshit. Maybe Bibarel wasn't as stupid a choice as I thought after all.

>Scald
>2, 6, 0 also burn
>Bibarel is Unaware
>>
>>24577396
Seeing through the fakes with sheer unflappable obliviousness, Bibarel sprays the real Clefable with hot water. Shaking, Clefable collapses, and is returned.

"You're next, hit them hard!" Blastoise was the next choice, and its purpose was clear when a sudden burst of aura force pulsated across the battlefield.

>Focus Blast, 2 and 8 miss (Wide Lens), 0 lowers Sp. Def
>>
>>24577430

Bibarel need not worry about its own stat drops, not when Blastoise's shot was more than enough to take it out straightaway. Replacing it was a computer virus given physical form. A pink-and-blue form somewhat reminiscent of a duck.

"Thunder"

Scanning its target for weak points, Porygon-Z let loose a powerful blast of electricity.

>Thunder
>Porygon-Z is wearing the Wide Lens
>1 also hits
>2 also paralyzes
>11 rounds remaining
>>
>>24577461
The blast was a hard one, leaving Blastoise in trouble. But he wasn't ready to give up yet, switching cannons to loose the next powerful beam.

"You can do this Blastoise!"

>Focus Beam, 2 and 8 miss, 0 lowers Sp. Def
>>
>>24577473

Having been in this exact situation before, I can safely say that Porygon is gon' baby, gon'. Let's get Ambipom back out here and see if that monkey can't give Blastoise some troubles.

"Punch"

There go its weird and creepy tail-hands, punching away again.

>Power-Up Punch
>2 also flinches
>>
>>24577484
That attack is much weaker than the last, but it still hits Blastoise where it hurts after that Thunder. Dropping to one knee, he unleashes a monumental torrent of water from both cannons.

>Hydro Pump, 2 and 8 miss, Torrent
>>
>>24577495

Ambipom practically drowns from the force of the water cannons firing, and the little monkey is recalled before further damage can be done. Painting dog is up next, it looks like.

"Poison"

Once more Smeargle dipped the tip of its tail into the purple paint, flinging the gooey mess at Blastoise.

>Toxic
>9 rounds remaining
>>
>>24577508
If it had been anything else, Blastoise would have been down. But Poison? Poison, he would have one last shot.

>Hydro Pump, 2 and 8 miss, Torrent
>>
>>24577518

>Smeargle's speed was increased by 2
>Smeargle's defense was reduced by 1

The dog dodged the incoming deluge. Now, it was time to prepare for the long haul.

"Forget"

Tail into pink paint now, and Smeargle proceeded to draw stupid stuff on its face. This somehow increased its defensive stats.

>Amnesia
>8 rounds remaining

>Sp. Atk: +0
>Defense: -1
>Sp. Def: +2
>Speed: +2
>>
>>24577553
But the turtle couldn't handle any more. Blastoise fell forward, the poison leaving him too weak to fight. DICKS frowns, but calls out his next Pokemon, a Wigglytuff.

"Well, let's have a Blast!"

Wiggltuff barfs out another beam of aura.

>Focus Blast, 2 and 8 hit, 0 lowers Sp. Def, 6 crits (Zoom Lens)
>>
>>24577573

>Smeargle's speed was increased by 2
>Smeargle's defense was reduced by 1

That would have been the end of the painting dog, were it not wearing a Focus Sash which protected it from fainting.

"Retreat"

Tail to white paint, Smeargle doodled another baton on the ground, instantly switching him with a Chansey, the last of the leader's six.

>Chansey is holding the Eviolite
>7 rounds remaining

>Sp. Atk: +0
>Defense: -2
>Sp. Def: +2
>Speed: +4
>>
>>24577607
This wasn't looking good. He was running low on time.

"Give it everything you've got!"

>Focus Blast, 2 and 8 miss, 0 lowers Sp. Def, 5 crits
>>
>>24577625

Despite its significant special defense, and despite the considerable buffs that had been passed to it, Chansey was still, at the end of the day, a small and weak normal-type, and the powerful blast of energy was more than enough to pierce through it. Now, only the painting dog was left to hold what was left of the rapidly-failing line.

"Poison"

I'm sure you know the drill by now. Tail into purple paint, throw purple paint at enemy, hope it poisons and then stall with buffs until it faints.

>Toxic
>6 rounds remaining
>>
>>24577659
One left. "One left, Wigglytuff! Let's finish this!"

This time Wigglytuff glows with white light, and a blast of raw energy bursts through the gym.

>Hyper Beam, 2 and 8 miss, 0 crits
>>
>>24577674

And just like that, the painting dog was down, leaving DICKS victorious. "You have done well for yourself, child" the leader said. "You have proven your strength under adverse and trying conditions."

"As such, I am proud to present you with the Monk's Badge, and wish you the best of luck in your continued journey."

The badge, like the gym, was simplistic in design- A white hand with a faint outline of bronze tracing the flattened fingers.
>>
>>24577697
"Sweet," DICKS takes the palm-shaped badge in his own palm and grins, then tucks it away in his pocket.

"CAW"

"That's right Fearow. We've just got one place left to go... back to Guam. We've got a Khan to overcome." Turning, he walks out of the gym with a two-fingered salute behind him. "Smell ya later, have fun with that whole inner peace thing."
>>
>>24559586
"Might have to check downstream then."
He said with a tired laugh, "Where I last saw one."

A technical truth.
>>
>>24560176
"For now go back to where ever you're from, and don't bother hiding, because from now on you will be watched."
He seemed just as glad to get it over with as they were.

>>24560250
The man had almost forgotten about the scientist but taking a look at the man's state and his general appearance. "You look like hell."

He looked back at the Cornelians, "was he a prisoner or something?"
>>
>>24576990
"I can take this time to recover..."
She admitted and looked at William then back at Cody.
"But I will try to find out more about you if I can..."
She looked at them both one last time before leaving herself.
>>
File: Team.Rocket.full.1033645.jpg (485 KB, 810x720) Image search: [Google]
Team.Rocket.full.1033645.jpg
485 KB, 810x720
>>
File: le shiggy man.webm (416 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
le shiggy man.webm
416 KB, 1280x720
what
>>
>>24577020
fucking deviantart
>>
>>24577709
Before going back to Guam, DICKS has some training to do with his new Electrode, to bring out a latent move.

DICKS seeks out one of the parks in the capital, where he hopes to find other trainers to... well, train against.
>>
>>24577735
"We'll send a patrol to find them, then. Head on in and find somewhere to dry off, traveler," the friendly guard turns and unlocks the gate, letting Anthony inside.

"Season's turning. Don't want to catch cold out here."
>>
>>24577752
The three conscious Cornelians look at Rodney, then answer Koga with a confused shrug.

"He appeared after the Black Mage ripped a hole in the sky," Garland gives the best explanation he can.

Vilbert raises a hand and voices an idea, "Maybe he's the chosen one?"
>>
>>24577778
"Have fun with that," one she exits and Hydreigon comes back inside the room, Cody shuts the door. The Channeler is again left alone to her own devices, but the hotel is sure to have eyes and ears.
>>
>>24510587
Inside the restaurant, Bakura finds many refined-looking persons dining. Fancy clothes, formal hairstyles, a quiet atmosphere with soothing string music. The smell of cooking food wafts out of the kitchens.

A humbly dressed servant approaches Bakura and greets him with a bow, "Good evening ma'am. We've been expecting you. Right this way."
The servant gestures towards a separate section of the restaurant labelled 'VIP'.
>>
>>24583459
>implied training for expedience

After teaching Electrode the secret to playing the foes' strengths against them, and preparing his special secret weapon, DICKS sets out for Guam on Fearow. This would be his second time visiting the Island of Dragons, the first gym he'd challenged on his journey. If he had his way it would be the last piece to fill his Badge Case.
>>
>>24583745

Through the golden doors of the dragon's den walked DICKS, to find the fearless Khan sitting at his golden throne. "You have returned, little one" he says, emerald robes fluttering lightly as he rises from his seat. "You have seven badges now, I presume?"
>>
>>24583714
>Ma'am
Of course. He was starting to think that this was some other half of his curse, but no, it was part being pretty and most likely part Melvin messing with him.

He followed, realizing that of course his stealth approach ended up failing in the end. Really, being directly told where to go, and then trying to lie about where he was going?
>>
>>24583810
"That's right," DICKS places his hands on his hips and looks up at the Khan, no less confident than his first visit.
>>
>>24583830

"Your confidence has suffered no great loss since I last saw you" replied the Khan "but you have grown much all the same. You are confident without being arrogant."

"We shall have our duel the same way we had our last. Six each, single battle, no time limit. Do you accept?"
>>
File: marik.jpg (32 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
marik.jpg
32 KB, 624x480
>>24583813
The silk curtain to the VIP section is parted by the servant. Inside is a smaller room with only a few tables, all empty except for one.

Melvin is leaning back in his seat at one of the round tables, which is draped with white cloth and covered in food.There are two Alakazam flanking the target of Bakura's revenge, who already has blood on his clothes from still-healing wounds. In one hand Melvin clutches a spoon, sipping from the soup. In the other he's holding the combined form of the Rod and the Key.

Setting down his spoon, Melvin looks ponderously at the tool in his hand. "If I hold both the scepter and the key, does that make me the Devil... and the D?"
>>
>>24583849
"Ha, if you say so," DICKS pulls out one of his balls, but stops. Instead he signals his Fearow to step forward. "And you betcha I accept."

"CAW"

The bird instead immediately takes to the air.

>Fly, turn 1
>>
>>24583906

"A Fearow? Very well, I shall meet your aerial challenge with one of my own!"

>Gym Leader Genghis wants to battle!

In a flash of red, Salamence took to the stage, soaring high into the air to meet its rival, screaming at the enemy Fearow with a bloodcurdling scream of fury sure to scare the bird.

>Salamence's Intimidate cuts Fearow's attack!

"Now, it's given you a free turn, Dragon Dance!"

With grace and elegance, the dragon tumbled through the air, dodging this way and that around the bird in flight, steadily increasing its power and speed as it went.

>Dragon Dance
>>
>>24583958
Twisting in the air, Fearow dives at the dancing Salamence beak-first.

>Fly, turn 2; 2, 5, and 8 miss
>Ability: Sniper
>>
>>24583971

Fearow's charge collides with the dancing dragon, knocking it off-course. A cry of "Return fire! Stone Edge!" from the Khan sets the dragon right, and it charges the bird, wings outstretched and harder than diamonds.

>Stone Edge
>2 also crits
>>
>DICKS pulls out one of his balls
whut
>>
>>24583982
That was obviously enough to take down the Fearow, sending it crashing to the ground. DICKS returns his Fearow and in his place appears a Blastoise.

"Now's your chance! Blizzard!"

>Blizzard, 2 and 8 miss (Wide Lens), 0 freezes
>>
>>24583996
How else would he carry such a heavy load, except in his balls?
>>
>>24584018
In his backpack?
>>
>>24584010

Blastoise's freezing blast rocked the dragon's body, and the extreme cold froze Salamence in mid-flight. With its wings no longer moving, the frozen chunk of dragon began its rapid descent to the ground... Only to break free and regain flight at the last second, sending showers of shattered ice flying in every direction.

>Salamence's Lum Berry cured its status

"You must have forgotten that little trick of mine in the time it has been since we last fought" the Khan said. "Now, Salamence, destroy it!"

The dragon was low on health after that attack, and it had, perhaps, one good attack left in it. It was going to make it count. Racing towards the turtle, it began to writhe its body, tail and claws swinging unpredictably as it used its entire body as a weapon.

>Outrage
>>
>>24584036
Of course, his sack is where he keeps all his balls.
>>
File: 1293256632336.png (17 KB, 296x294) Image search: [Google]
1293256632336.png
17 KB, 296x294
>>24584046
Ah of course..
Hey, perhaps you should keep an eye on your opponent instead of me.
>>
>>24584042
There was a flash, and in Blastoise's place was a familiar face, though clad in a different team member's armor at the moment. Rhyperior's Assault Vest had been replaced with Blissey's Rocky Helmet, and the powerful defensive juggernaut meets Salamence's attack head-on.

>Spent turn switching
>Rocky Helmet delivers 1/6th Recoil when struck
>>
>>24583876
"So, does that mean this is the final showdown?"

He shook his head.

"I don't have time for your inane pop culture references! And what are you going for with that, combining the items like that? A keyblade? That's nerdy, lazy, and... uh, powerful enough that I probably should not mock it."

Of course he spares a glance at all of the food. Hunting down the target of one's revenge made one hungry, and he'd been at this how long now? Too long to stop to eat, of course.
>>
>>24584077

Locked into its full-body strike, Salamence is unable to pull away from the rocky juggernaut, and its attack causes it to smash into Rhyperior, taking serious damage in the process. "Damnit" was all the Khan could say. His dragon was locked in now, and there was little he could do to stop it from continuing its self-destructive rampage.

>Outrage
>>
>>24584085
"But I went through all the trouble of preparing you your last meal personally, why don't you help yourself?" Melvin pushes the bowl of soup he'd been eating from towards Bakura. Surely he wouldn't poison the very thing he was eating, would he?

Of course he would. This is Melvin. But the soup smells delicious...
>>
>>24584106
With the Salamence locked into knocking itself flat against his strongest defensive tank, DICKS takes the time to set up for the future opponents. "Get the arena set for the battles ahead, Rhyperior!"

A few stomps later and stones burst from the floor, looming ominously in the background, just out of the combatants' peripheral vision.

>Stealth Rock
>>
>>24584127
Yes, that is exactly what Melvin would do. Oh, what the hell, he had some antidotes in his bag.

He sat down to help himself to the soup. Screw obvious traps. What kind of person wastes food?

"It would be rude for me to eat too much--I will be making this /your/ last meal."
>>
>>24584185
"I guess we'll just have to share," leaning forward, Melvin takes another spoon and eats from the same bowl. At the second spoonful, he and Bakura get opposite ends of the same noodle...

"Ohoho," Melvin places his end of the noodle in his mouth and wiggles his eyebrows.

What is even
>>
>>24584165

I'm no expert mathematician, but I'd say that Salamence has just about had it after flailing against your rock monster twice now. But with those rocks up, it'll be hard to launch an effective counterattack. The Khan snorted, exchanging his fainted dragon for another, which found its three heads taking quite the beating from the sneaky pebbles that now hovered just out of wing's reach.

"Hydreigon, destroy Rhyperior with Draco Meteor!"

Using the right head, Hydreigon adjusted the spectacles that adorned its center head, before the three heads loosed in unison a trio of massive and powerful blasts of energy, shimmering blues and golds like the reflection of the sun against the waves.

>Draco Meteor
>Hydreigon is wearing the Choice Specs
>>
>>24584224
Taking advantage of the enemy Pokemon fainting, DICKS uses the moment to replace his own Pokemon as well. And the replacement is soon pounded by countless meteors, leaving a cloud of dirt and flying rocks. When it settles, all that remains is a fat pink thing with what looks like a scouter on one eye. "Wiggly~"

"Tuff!" Wigglytuff barfs bright blue Aura at the Hydreigon.

>Focus Blast, 2 and 8 miss, 6 crits (Zoom Lens), 0 lowers Sp. Def
>>
>>24583475
"Thank you kindly." He'd bow politely, "and good luck," before heading inside thinking out his next move as he took a look around the area. "This looks like a good place to break and figure out the next path."
>>
>>24583482
>>24577752
"Ha, ha, yes I was a prisoner, but not by those terrorist guys..."
The man looked unhinged.
"What they said, can I go see if I still have a home now?"
>>
>>24584260
Aurora is certainly a quaint town, as far as Ransei goes. Of the few places in the region that cultivated an air of true peace, this was one of them. Even those training against logs and dummies in a small practice field looked like they were exercising and keeping fit, not preparing for war.

If Anthony needed a place to stay, there was a good old-fashioned bed and breakfast here with a Meowth's face atop a facade around the door.

And yet Anthony can't help but sense great potential somewhere in this quiet little town nobody would give a second glance to. After all, it's towns like this that spawned some of the greatest Trainers in League history. Ransei may be no different.
>>
>>24584211
Ah, so he was going to play it that way, was he? Well, this wasn't Marik, he hardly needed to think about it to realize it wasn't Marik at all. Too much crazy without any redeeming features.

"Nope." He bites down on the noodle and finishes what he had claimed for himself.
>>
>>24584255

The bright blue blast cuts through Hydreigon like a hot knife through butter, and the dragon is dispatched in a single hit. "Perhaps it's time to unveil the newest addition to my team. Go, Tyranitar!"

While not a dragon in the strictest sense of the word, Tyranitar fit the necessary criteria that the Khan was looking for in a teammate, and its lack of a dragon-typing would be overlooked.

Two things happened when Tyranitar took to the stage. First, a great wing rushed through the gym, kicking up a raging sandstorm; and second, Tyranitar began to grow, spikes enlarging to incredible lengths as the monster took on an even more fearsome visage.

"Tyranitar, destroy the pink one! Stone Edge!"

With speed unimaginable for such a massive creature, Tyranitar charged Wigglytuff.

>Stone Edge
>2 also crits
>>
>>24584318
Dropping the spoon through his fingers and doesn't lose his grin for a moment. Wait.

>through his fingers

The minor detail brings more, less minor details to Bakura's attention. The illusion fades and he feels the texture of the noodle in his mouth change. One of the pieces of meat - he couldn't place what it was before, feels crunchier and his mouth is filled with the taste of copper. Looking down Bakura sees a bowl full of blood, fingers floating in it, a section of intestines hanging from his mouth. Across the table Melvin's shirt is more drenched in blood than he looked at first, not including what's leaking from is mouth. He looks pale. The fingers on his left hand are cut off at the second joint.

"S-so Florence," Melvin chuckles out, spitting up some blood. "How does Marik's cloned body taste? I know you've- always wanted to know." He bursts into a fit of laughing and coughing.

The Zoroark in servant's clothes walks up behind Bakura and leans down. In gravely english he asks, "Shall I bring out the dessert, miss?"
>>
>>24584343
Yeah. The newly named Wigglytuff is knocked flat. "Dodoria, return!"

In his place returns DICKS' Blastoise. "Give it the same treatment... Zarbon!" He decides to keep the naming convention.

Targeting with his own scouter tool, Blastoise fires two paired beams of Aura from his cannons.

>Focus Blast, 2 and 8 miss, 0 lowers Sp. Def
>>
>>24584386
Okay, so there were illusions going on. How much of this was an illusion? How much still was? He wished he had his Zorua, but due to time shenanigans he didn't have one yet. Strangely, he seemed more annoyed at the use of illusions in general than, say, disgusted.

"Hey, I've never said that out loud."

He took a moment to focus, coming to the conclusion that what he was seeing was, in fact, real.

"Ha, you're completely fucked up! You're dying, you've destroyed your body... Marik's... body..."

He did feel vaguely ill though, now that the initial shock was wearing off, and he realized that while it wasn't Marik's mind, it was still Marik...

"Bastard. Can't even let me properly murder you..."

He ignores the Zoroark, not wanting to waste any stabbing on the pokemon.
>>
>>24584476

Blastoise's aura cannons are enough to knock Tyranitar out of the fight. Replacing it is a slime dragon, possibly a better choice against Blastoise than Tyranitar. Speaking of which, with the tyrant's passing, the sands have stopped.

"Now, use Thunder!"

The large, slime-coated dragon possessed a tiny mouth, which despite its small size opened quite wide to deliver a roaring burst of electricity against the turtle

>Thunder
>Goodra is holding the Life Orb
>2 also paralyzes
>>
>>24584523
"Not Marik's body," Melvin coughs up another bubble of blood. "That one... belongs to the real master... of illusions."

Pushing himself up from the seat, Melvin steps away. The only thing holding his body together is now clear, a psychic glow from the two Alakazam telekinetically keeping him from dying. He leans there with that stupid grin on his face.

"It's game over. And you'll never get your revenge."

The Alakazam let their focus go. Melvin collapses to the ground, his body rapidly falling apart around him. The Millennium Key end of his staff is pressed against his head, on the floor.
>>
>>24584567
"In retrospect, I probably should have been paying more attention these past couple of years..."

Gut (ha) instinct told him to go for the staff. It was his, after all. So he did, or at least made a good attempt.
>>
>>24584316
The man cautiously and carefully made his way through the town, pausing to watch the sights, the training, and even the people themselves in strict silence.

"Hard workers, hard trainers, but with this peace they are untested."

He pulled out the map and looked at the region.
"Centrally located, well defended, with the right motivation, perhaps there's a chance."

"Wouldn't be surprised if some of the surrounding regions would find this place weak," he smiled to himself, "But people underestimated Macedon too."

"For now though." He headed to check in for the night, that and he needed a private place to try and re-establish contact... if his radio wasn't fried from the water.
>>
>>24584536
Struggling under the attack, the Blastoise tries to stay standing, he really does. But the frequent battles were beginning to tire him, and he can't quite lift his cannons to fire. DICKS pats Zarbon on the back and returns him.

"It's alright, you did good. It's time to play the next card in my collection," DICKS takes out his next Pokeball and sends it out. A mighty Machamp appears.

"I'm an old-school Kanto boy, what can I say? And I've kept a few relics." He takes out a TM labelled 27. But it looks far out of date, and it's one of the one-use-only variety.

Machamp raises his hands above his head and slams all four into the ground. The earth rends open with rapid speed, the wound rips towards Goodra.

>Fissure, No Guard
>>
>>24584601
It looks like Melvin... is wormfood.

Turning over the body, Bakura detects that Melvin used the Key to go into his own head and tear apart his own soul, denying his would-be murdered even that satisfaction. Only the tattered, rotting scraps remain. The Millennium Scale is also on his body. Bakura finds it easily.

The Zoroark clasps the two Alakazam on the shoulders, and the three of them Teleport away.
>>
>>24584643
The bed and breakfast is run by a pair of elderly folks (a sign announces that they also run a Pokemon Daycare here). The bottom floor is a dining room for guests to eat at each the morning, the upstairs contains four rooms available for rent, according to the information at the front counter.

"Good afternoon young'un, my but you're soaked," the old woman coos. "And a real mess too. If you're looking for a place to stay, I can fix that right up for you! No extra charge."

"Gn," the scruffy old man is in a rocking chair in the same room, and he grunts.

"Oh poo honey, I'm washing clothes tonight anyways. No sense in not tossing it in."
>>
File: f09na8ABp1sigq1p.jpg (67 KB, 238x244) Image search: [Google]
f09na8ABp1sigq1p.jpg
67 KB, 238x244
>>24584683
He grasps at what little was left of the soul (Somehow? Mentally? Who knows, he's mad enough that he could even be attempting it with his hands) in anger, before picking up the artifacts that Melvin was so kind enough to leave him. Ha, artifacts of great power, and he was grumbling at them like they were booby prizes.

He tucked everything away in his coat and wiped off any blood that might have gotten on him, 'Not from stabbing him, sadly,' he thought bitterly, and began working on the next phase of his plan. Wait, Melvin was dead and gone, but there was obviously something else.

"Fuck, I really should have been paying more attention... and where the hell did Anthony get off to?"
>>
>>24584654

Goodra is immediately taken down by the earth-shaking strike, falling into the deep pit Machamp's strike had carved in the floor. Immediately recalled, the Khan replaced the slime dragon with an orange one.

"Dragonite, overpower it with your crushing winds! Hurricane!"

Dragonite's wings began to flap, slowly at first, but quickly picking up speed, until the force of their beats had created an impressive gale, beating down upon the fighting-type Machamp.

>Hurricane
>>
>>24584724
He completely wasn't used to a kindness like that and for a second he even looked suspicious enough to do a brief sense scan of the room.

"Your offer is thankful Good Lady, let me retire to my room and I will give you what needs cleaning."

With that said he'd go up and unpack his merger things, including a small capsule that he'd set aside along with the radio before passing the uneeded clothes out... and grabbing the replacement ones.

"Now let's see if I can get this working again..."
>>
>>24584803
Bakura pulled out his radio and contacted Anthony.

"Anthony, you there? Still alive?"
>>
>>24584849
The man reached for the radio and made sure the noise couldn't get out before answering quietly.
"Yes... can't say the same thing for the people I ran into... but I'm alive and very wet."
>>
>>24584859
He bit back a laugh.

"Shame. Travel not going as smoothly as it could?"

He didn't specify just what was a shame.

"Melvin is dead, didn't give me any satisfaction of killing him or tearing his soul to shreds, he did it for me. I... ugh, I'll share the details later, for justification when I ask you for help wiping out every last Zoroark. Knowing you though, it would actually get done."
>>
>>24584909
"Long story, very long story..."
He said with annoyance before growling under his breath as Bakura explained what happened.
"So he has," the was a long pause as the man took a deep breath. "The other signal still hasn't vanished yet last I checked."

The Zoroark got a cold answer out of him. "The ones in Celadon have been captured by now... they will suffer greatly."
>>
>>24584982
"Good, good, I can't wait," he says brightly, his voice sounding almost like Ryou's. Outright creepy given the context, but what else is new?

"As for the other signal, I have no idea what to expect. What the hell was I doing while he was plotting all of this?"

He was helping Melvin carry out specific parts of his mission, that's what.
>>
File: nwlo44PbQN1qjobupo1_1280.png (279 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwlo44PbQN1qjobupo1_1280.png
279 KB, 900x1080
>>
y'all some weird-ass niggas
>>
>>24584803
Anthony finds that, for once, this quiet little bed and breakfast run by kind old people is not a trap at all. The old woman adds what he gives her to the rest of her hand-washed laundry, and he has plenty of time undisturbed.
>>
>>24584737
Instead of their intended target, the wild winds crash into a much more aerodynamic spherical shape. Rolling backwards, Electrode is stopped by DICKS' foot. "Just like we practiced, use his power against him!"

Rolling back into the arena, Electrode ramps off part of the rocky rubble now dotting the arena from the Fissure attack. It launches right towards Dragonite, then shoots out of the way at the last second using a small shockwave, attempting to feint the dragon into hitting itself and losing its balance in the air.

>Electrode was tagged in
>Electrode used Foul Play, runs off of opponent's Attack stat
>Electrode is sparkling (Brightpowder, Evasion +1)
>>
>>24589417

Dragonite is knocked back by Electrode's attack, but quickly righted itself, preparing for a counterstrike. "Earthquake!"

And so it was. Dragonite landed, and with a great heave brought its tail crashing down onto the gym floor, creating fissures and sending earth flying in all directions.

>Earthquake
>>
>>24589437
Playing for time, Electrode closes its eyes and a barrier warps around its body, bouncing the electric type back off of the ground.

>Protect
>>
>>24589452

"It won't be so easy to do that again. Dragonite, keep up the pressure!"

And so that was just what Dragonite would do. Keep up the pressure by means of nonstop earth-shattering strikes to the gym floor.

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589462
Bouncing back up before the earthquake can strike, Electrode flies up and arcs like a basketball, to dunk Dragonite from above and knock it into the Fissure pit below.

>Foul Play, 2, 5, and 8 miss
>>
>>24589472

Being a flier, Dragonite won't be so easy to knock into the pit as you think. You'll have to do better and try harder than that if you want to make it in the big leagues.

And Dragonite isn't stopping the earthquake spam, either.

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589486
Descending into the pit, Electrode calls up a new barrier and pinballs back up to surface level, the rubble deflecting off of it.

>Protect
>>
>>24589497

This seems strangely familiar. I think we've entered an infinite recursion of time.

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589503
And much like last time, it keeps going until the defenses fail. Whether it will be sooner or later, we will see.

>Protect, odds fails, evens succeeds
>if fails, will make second post after fainting
>>
>>24589522

Yes, we're certainly taking the long way around this issue. Reminds me of the last time DICKS challenged this gym. I swear to Arceus he'd better not try this shit with Blissey as well...

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589531
If there's one thing DICKS does well, it's take things too far. Electrode keeps flying through the air from different directions, attempting to out maneuver the bulky dragon and throw its bulk against it.

>Foul Play
>>
>>24589548

Dragonite dodges the incoming attack, and presses its own (despite its better knowledge that the enemy would just persist in using Protect).

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589552
And so the aerial dragon dance continues, the ballsy ball flying to and fro.

>Foul Play
>>
>>24589567

Finally, we have a solid hit! Electrode slams into Dragonite, knocking it to the ground and bringing it dangerously close to falling into the fissure. But with a flap of its wings, the orange dragon was once more airborne, taking a short landing before resuming the attack.

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589589
Weaving around the spires of stone, Electrode rolls across the floor of the gym to close once more with Dragonite, shooting up from below.

>Foul Play
>>
>>24589602

That last hit is all Electrode needs to defeat the dragon, so Dragonite's going to be playing things real carefully from here on out; staying in the air, and only landing to initiate a new strike.

>Earthquake
>7 also misses
>>
>>24589609
Clearly neither side is willing to give the other the win. So their struggle continues, no doubt to the frustration of both sides.

>Foul Play
>>
>>24589619

Somehow, Dragonite stumbles, giving Electrode the in it needed to secure the final strike, bringing the magnificent orange dragon down. Replacing it was, of course, Garchomp, the last of the Khan's six. "Now, show this obnoxious little ball what a REAL earthquake should look like!"

Hopefully Garchomp will fare better in that department than Dragonite did.

>Earthquake
>2 also misses
>>
>>24589636
But can he stop the top?

Electrode spins in place, then is shot off to the side by the force of the earthquake, barrier rippling around it.

>Protect
>>
>>24585006
Something slides into Bakura's pocket.
>>
>>24589673

Against Dragonite, it was only a matter of time before the fat orange blob was felled. But against the lean, svelte Garchomp, things may turn out quite differently.

>Earthquake
>6 also misses
>>
>>24589685
Somehow, Electrode rolls out of the way of that shockwave. Charging the Garchomp, Electrode knows it's only a matter of time, so it's going to do as much damage as possible before it goes down.

>Foul Play
>>
>>24589684
Yeah, no, not letting any unseen objects just decide to chill in his pocket. Whatever it is, he pulls it out.
>>
>>24589710

Electrode slams into Garchomp,but the earth dragon barely feels a thing, stopping for but a moment before resuming its rampage against everything on the ground.

>Earthquake
>4 also misses
>>
>>24589723
But it refused.

>Protect
>>
>>24589728

We've been here before more times that I'd like to count. Let's see about not being here any longer.

>Earthquake
>3 also misses
>>
>>24589714
A note.

'trust no one
everybody lies'
>>
>>24589739
"Yes, thanks," he says sarcastically to the seemingly empty room, "Because this entire time I've been way too trusting. Of course. Anything else?"
>>
>>24589733
That would be quite the hit, if it can break through...

>Protect, evens/odds
>>
>>24589765
>>24589733
That was it, and the Electrode cratered against the wall behind DICKS. Moving to catch the ball Pokemon, DICKS returns it. "All those dance fitness videos really paid off! And so did that TM."

Returning to his position, DICKS calls out his Rhyperior. "Rock Blast!"

Grabbing multiple chunks of rubble, Rhyperior begins hurling them at Garchomp.

>1: 1 hit
>2, 8: 2 hit
>4, 0: 3 hit
>5, 9: 4 hit
>3: 5 hit
>6, 7: no hit
>>
>>24589761
A small voice whispers from behind him,

Don't go to asleep.
>>
>>24589780

Rhyperior's attacks break against Garchomp's diamond-like hide, the earth dragon weathering the strikes as it advanced towards its foe, eyes glinting with menacing intent."Garchomp, destroy it"

As Earthquake is a powerful and generally successful move, that's what Garchomp would choose to lead with to fulfill its orders to "destroy".

>Earthquake
>>
>>24589791
Those orders would go unfulfilled for now, Rhyperior charging in close before the attack can be properly executed, to strike with his horn.

>Megahorn, 2, 5, and 8 miss
>>
>>24589807

Garchomp attempted to grab the incoming Rhyperior, but its arms, being the weakest part of its body, lacked the necessary musculature to put enough grabbing force behind such a move. The enemy slammed horn-first into the dragon, causing Garchomp to be thrown backwards. Scrambling to regain its footing, it resumed the attack.

>Earthquake
>>
>>24589825
By the time Garchomp recovered, Rhyperior was in its face again, a fist dripping with purple venom swinging forward.

>Poison Jab, 2, 5, and 8 miss, 4 and 0 poison
>>
>>24589835

This time, Garchomp was able to dodge the incoming strike, as it had learned from its previous attempt not to try grappling with an enemy that outweighed it by several tons. Darting underneath the heavier foe, it pressed the attack further.

Maybe now that it's at point-blank range, it'll get in a hit.

>Earthquake
>>
>>24589787
He whipped around, as if he had a chance of seeing whatever it was.
>>
>>24589848
And that did the trick. Grunting, Rhyperior falls backwards with a thud. Now it's down to the two last Pokemon.

"Machamp, finish it!"

The gym is gonna need to hire a good landscaper, cause that's another Fissure coming.

>Fissure, No Guard
>>
>>24589857
One of the normal servers has walked in, and she stares agape at the scene inside. Then she screams.
>>
>>24589879

Moments before Machamp's fissure swallowed Garchomp whole, the earth dragon paused, pondering exactly where its life had gone so wrong that it was about to be eaten by the ground.

It remembered its youth, many moons ago, as a young dragon, each day, fighting to survive in the wilderness of the isle of dragons. It survived by being tougher than its broodmates, tougher than its prey, tougher than its predators, and tougher than the people that tried to catch it.

Until that day, when a young boy in green came around. The two had been equally impressed by the toughness of the other, and from that day forward they were inseparable. Now, the young boy was a grown man, still dressed in the greens of his youth, and the dragon was grown strong and fierce, lean, but toned and muscular. They made a powerful duo, impressing the old leaders of this region to slowly climb their way up to their present spot. All was right with the world.

Perhaps its life had not gone wrong, in the grand scope of things. Perhaps it had simply been the unlucky one out of its masters teammates. Seeing Dragonite fall to that same ill luck, Garchomp reconsidered its previous assertions, resigning itself to the fate of a dragon who was simply unlucky for a day.

There was a flash of light, and Garchomp was recalled. The battle was over. "Congratulations, young one. You have proven yourself worthy of the Fangbadge. Take this token, and go forth with blessings of good fortune."

There now was just one obstacle in DICKS path to glory.
>>
>>24589927
Finally claiming the badge that should have (in his own mind) been his long ago, DICKS adds it to his badge case. His eighth badge, and the key to the Elite Four Challenge.

"Your dragons are pretty tough, Khan-man, but what you taught me at the end of our last battle is to never, ever yield an advantage."
>>
>>24589895
"Oh look, time to go."

>Bakura has fled!
>>
>>24589952

"You have learned your lessons well, young one. I have no doubt that you will go far in your travels."
>>
>>24589982
"Me neither! Smell ya later."

As devoid of self-doubt as ever, DICKS marches erect from the gym.
>>
File: DICKS badges.jpg (302 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DICKS badges.jpg
302 KB, 1280x960
>>24589992

Eight badges at last. Do you feel good? Does it make you proud? Well it should.

>Anchor, Comet, Jurassic, Specter
>Ice, Grass, Monk's, Fang

You're ready to take on the Elite Four now, DICKS.
>>
File: 801.jpg (71 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
801.jpg
71 KB, 500x292
>>
>>24589970
Bakura flees the scene of the crime, hurrying through the main room in the confusion. Soon people are piling into the streets and, like a true thief, he uses the crowd as cover.

At least two guards know he was out for revenge. The primitive tech level here buys him some time, but he'd better get an idea where he's going.
>>
>>24590231
Now the question is, does he go 100% completion and get the other four badges?

Nah, he'll smell them later. To the Elite Four! Once his team is healed up and ready to go, DICKS sets his Fearow's course for the League.
>>
>>24595540
But wait! There's one sidequest left.

And that will require a detour back to Guadalcanal.
>>
>>24595676

Seriously? You were lucky to have made it off that island with your life, and now you want to go back? What kind of childish, irresponsible moron could possibly... Oh, right.

Carry on then.
>>
>>24595731
And so DICKS arrives at the island of bombs and bugs. He looks out into the lush green in which all the creepy crawlies dwell and thinks to himself.

He goes into the Pokemart and asks the clerk, "Hey, you guys have Pokeradars or anything like that here?"
>>
>>24595754

"Sorry sir, we don't. We have your basic assortment of heals and balls, and that's about it."

Since nobody comes 'round these parts all that often, there's no need to stock up on extravagant goodies. Or maybe it's the other way around- Nobody comes here because there's nothing to see, nothing to do, and nothing to buy.

Either way, there's a very high chance that you won't find the items you're looking for around here.
>>
>>24595766
"Figures. You got a phone?"
>>
>>24595775

"Phone is over there" said the man at the counter, pointing "Over by where the lodging and healing facilities are."
>>
>>24595787
Going over, DICKS picks up the phone and dials Lilycove Contest Center.

"Yes, hello. It is I, DICKS. I need you to send ANUS to Guadalcanal with a care package. Has the new car been finished yet?"

"Great. Set it down right outside the Pokemon Center."

Hanging up, DICKS walks outside to wait.
>>
>>24595849
And so, from Lilycove City off in Hoenn, a flock of Pelipper set out, led by a man on a Mantine. Hanging from cables below them is a newly armored red convertible, built to be Rampardos-resistant.
>>
>>24595849
>>24595871
Deciding to kill time, DICKS stops by the gym. Not for a gym battle, but rather, just to check in.
>>
>>24595921

The inside of the gym is bare, resembling an army barracks with little personal decor. There is a chair at the far end, upon which an elderly man sits.

"Eh, sonny?" he asks, eyeing DICKS. "Did you come here for a badge?"
>>
>>24595945
"Nah, just waiting for a delivery," DICKS grabs the nearest soft object and takes a seat, kicking back to relax.

"Yo gramps, what's the word on the mines?"
>>
>>24595972

"Mines got cleared some time ago" the gym leader replied. "Finished it up a few weeks ago, I think."
>>
>>24595987
"Good shit, good shit. You know anything about that dead island?"
>>
>>24595998

"Not really" the gym leader replied. "I'm here because I was the only person with the right type specialties the champion could reach on such short notice. Not really the way I'd want to spend my retirement, but she's paying me a very large sum of money, and has assured me that I only need to be here for a little while longer."
>>
>>24596016
"They got another new leader coming in?"
>>
>>24596030

"Another few weeks, I'd imagine. Some young punk fresh out of the academy, most likely, but at least it won't be me."
>>
>>24596038
DICKS is about to answer, but then there is a loud thump outside.

"That'd be my delivery." Spinning to his feet, DICKS walks back towards the door.
>>
>>24595871
Sitting outside is DICKS' new car, which he climbs into. The DICKSmobile is back, baby. Time to trash it again.

He drives his car slowly into the jungle again, sending out his Porygon2 to operate it. He looks around and fiddles with the new gadgets.
>>
>>24596144

Everything checks out, so far nothing's broken or failed catastrophically. So far so good. Now it's time to get it lost in the jungles of Guadalcanal, and hope that the minesweeping crew did as thorough of a job as purported.
>>
>>24596161
Fortunately, he's in an armored car.

Unfortunately, he's a daft fool who made it a convertible.
>>
>>24596169

Well obviously, being a convertible means that you're going to be garnering quite a lot of leaves, insects, and other assorted goodies.

Oh look, there's an Ariados sitting in the passenger's seat. It's donned several pairs of shades, and has altogether made itself quite comfortable as a hanger-on in the DICKSmobile.
>>
>>24596183
"Hey," DICKS isn't bothered at all by the hitchhiker. It's not the bug he's looking for after all.

Neither are all the ones he's picking out of his hair. "Porygon, did they install a Pokeradar in this thing?"

A quick check reveals that there is indeed one installed, but it's not leveled up at all. "Let's get looking for as many Venomoth as we can!"
>>
>>24596235

Approximately two-hundred blips appear on the radar. Looks like you're either going to have to comb every inch of this island, or get really lucky. Ariados turns its head towards you, lifting the largest pair of shades for a moment, as if to say "let's do this" as it presses what appears to be the button to turn the radio on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKggnBh2Mdw

"Let's do this, kid" it says, in English as plain as day. Does DICKS speak English? Did he even understand what the spider just said? Who knows, who cares. Let's do this.
>>
>>24596262
DICKS reaches down and opens a cover on the dash, revealing a complicated series of controls. Grasping them, he begins manipulating the car wheels, raising and lowering them individually to better maneuver the car around trees.

"What's up everybody, it's Rival DICKS. Today we're gonna find ourselves a Delta Venomoth. Let's do this shit."
>>
>>24596323

Three species of Venomoth live on this island. There's the bug/poison standard variety, and two species of delta- Bug/psychic and bug/fairy. And there's no way to tell the difference between them until you're fighting.

Best of luck, kid, and good hunting.
>>
>>24596349
And so the long, tedious grind begins.
>>
>>24596363

Several hours later...

After what feels like countless hours, fighting Venomoth after Venomoth to no avail, DICKS must feel about like giving up... No? He wants to keep going? There, off in the clearing over that way, is a Venomoth (big surprise). It's fuzz is a slightly different colour from the others you've encountered over the hours. A shiny? Or a delta? Or just an albino? Only one way to find out!
>>
>>24596378
Stopping the car, DICKS climbs out and slowly creeps towards the clearing, attempting to remain steal-

"CAW" Fearow leaps off of his perch on the back seat of the car, diving at the Venomoth.

>Aerial Ace
>>
>>24596390

Venomoth is caught off-guard by the bird's strike. Unable to dodge or counter, Venomoth takes the damage in stride, before retaliating with a good, solid Disable.
>>
>>24596400
"CAW CAW"

>Fearow used Mirror Move!
>Fearow used Disable!
>>
>>24596418

Venomoth paused, stricken with shock at the loss of its signature defensive tactic. No matter, it reasoned, there's always other means of defending oneself from attack by giant fucking birds. Flapping its wings, it released a cloud of glowing golden spores.

>Stun Spore
>>
>>24596439
"CAW" Fearow flaps his wings and blows the spores back in the Venomoth's face.

>Fearow used Mirror Move
>Fearow used Stun Spore! 2, 5, and 8 fails
>>
>>24596454

This was bad. This was really bad. Venomoth only had a small window in which to counter its own fucking spores. Fail, and it was done for. Better make this shot count. Energy charged along the length of its antennae, before being released in a glorious rainbow burst.

>Dazzling Gleam
>On 1, 5, or 9, the spores are blown up and the attack is countered; otherwise, the attack goes through and Venomoth is paralyzed
>>
>>24596476

Nope, looks like that's not going to work this time. Venomoth's attack failed, and Fearow's mirrored stun spores overcame the moth, freezing its in place mid-air. With its wings no longer generating lift, it fell to the ground, unable to move a muscle.
>>
>>24596489
"Good job Fearow," DICKS walks up next to the bird and takes out a Net Ball. He doesn't know if this is the Venomoth he was looking for. But it's pretty neat, so he'll settle for calling it a day.

>DICKS used Net Ball
>>
>>24596505

Congratulations! δ Venomoth was captured! δ Venomoth's data has been added to the pokedex!

>δ Venomoth
>Bug/Fairy(δ)
>Nature: Timid
>Ability: Tinted Lens
>Moves known: Dazzling Gleam(δ),Quiver Dance, Disable, Stun Spore

Would you like to give a nickname to the captured δ Venomoth?
>>
>>24596528
DICKS stares at the screen, digging in the depths of his brain for a nickname. Considering the names of everyone in his organization, it is a fortunate moth that he decides to put it off for now until something comes to him.

"Excellent!" returning to the DICKSmobile, DICKS reaches for his phone to add the new catch to his team, then realizes the phone is a bunch of scrap.

And then there's this spider. "Sup?"
>>
>>24596549

"'Sup, kid?" the spider replied. Seems DICKS understood it after all. "You done here or what? 'Cause to be honest, it's been kind of a drag sitting on my ass watching you suck at catching moths."

"'Side from that, you're a pretty alright cat."
>>
>>24596559
"Nah that's fine. I don't know how normal trainers do this sort of thing all the time just to catch something rare," DICKS admits. "It got exhausting after about the second one. But I swore I would catch this one to spike that jerk with the Nidoking, and DICKS Motherfucking Oak never goes back on his word!"
>>
>>24596575

"Whatever" replied Ariados. "Anyway, we going or what?"
>>
>>24596584
"Assuming I can find my way back."

An electronic beep from the dash is followed by his Porygon2's synthesized voice, "I memorized the route while you were headbanging to the radio."

"That'll do it." With that the DICKScaravan makes its way back towards the gym and Pokemon Center.
>>
>>24590231
Those are some nice looking badges, what kind of gyms do they belong to?
>>
File: shale.png (95 KB, 253x244) Image search: [Google]
shale.png
95 KB, 253x244
>>24590231
>>24597412
Wonder if Kiyo and AJ opened gyms?
>>
File: 1323735197455.jpg (519 KB, 1480x640) Image search: [Google]
1323735197455.jpg
519 KB, 1480x640
>>24597412
I wasn't paying attention during the battles, but I assume the Anchor is water, Specter is ghost, Ice and Grass are ice and grass, Monk's is fighting. Someone who actually does know should be here soon though.
>>
>>24600690
>>24597412
>>24590231
In order:

>Water, Psychic, Rock, Ghost, Ice, Grass, Normal, and Dragon

The other gyms are Bug, Flying, Steel, and Fire.
>>
>>24596594
After a stop by the Center to heal and switch up his team, DICKS sets his car pointing towards the ocean horizon. "I think I've got a couple more stops to make, yet."

He still owes freaky ghost lady a rematch after all, and that rare frog might still be around for him to catch.

"So Spidey, this your stop? I don't think you'd like the smell where I'm going."
>>
>>24601223

"Kid, I'm a spider. I slowly suck my prey dry of fluid while letting the remains rot away. Bad smells are the least of my concerns."
>>
>>24601236
"Then let's take a road trip to Dead Island," taking out his own sunglasses, DICKS drives into the water and activates Hovercraft Mode. To the Philippines once more.
>>
>>24601294

Surprisingly, the foul stench of decay has lessened since last DICKS was here, and the shoreline as well seems somewhat cleaner. Now, don't get me wrong, the air still reeks and the water is still nasty and sludge-like, but it's nowhere near as awful as it was before.
>>
>>24601305
"Huh. Somebody's been cleaning up."

Driving ashore, DICKS flips back into Land Mode. He punches Toxicroak into his Pokeradar, wondering just how rare they were on this island.
>>
>>24601324

Several blips appear on the radar. Nowhere near as many as appeared when searching for Venomoth, but a fair enough amount that trying to find one particular Toxicroak would be akin to finding the remains of a particular building while checking Atlantean ruins.

"Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, kid" Ariados replies."Again."
>>
>>24601339
Climbing out of his car, DICKS takes three of the Pokeballs off his belt and sets them in the car's driver's seat, along with several empty ones.

"Porygon, let's split up and get searching! We'll find him faster."

"Next thing you know you'll be deputizing Fearow."
"CAW" Fearow hops off of his perch to follow DICKS.

"Great idea! Fearow, you're in charge of this team."
"What. You're kidding me, he can't even talk to other Pokemon."
"CAW"

But DICKS is already running off along the beach.
>>
>>24601373

Ariados,meanwhile,sits back in "his" seat, fiddling with the radio until he finds something enjoyable to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9tKwSboJeg

"I'm just going to wait here while you do your silly human thing."
>>
>>24601373

How many hours of searching, how many broken Toxicroak has DICKS and his merry band gone through? How many attempts have been failed? In vain? For naught? It seems that Toxicroak is no longer on the island. Or, if it still resided in this festering swamp, it was making itself considerably more difficult to find. Such a wretched creature, maybe it should just be left alone.
>>
>>24601396
>>24601411
Meeting up with Fearow and the spider, and of course his car, DICKS finds that they have ad as little luck as he.

"I guess it's gone off looking for that precious thing then," DICKS shrugs and gets back in the car, setting course for the gym. "Oh well. Maybe it's best to let sleeping frogs lie."
>>
>>24601430

Ariados is silent, jamming to the music on the radio in a deranged, manic way that I suppose only spiders can jam. In your absence, he seems to have spun himself a nest of sorts in the backseat. Hope you weren't ever planning on bringing any chicks along in your ride.
>>
>>24601449
That's okay, the chicks can sit on top of DICKS.

When they arrive at the gym, Porygon2 is left in the car's computer system. After all it's not technically part of DICKS' active team at the moment, but rather a tagalong of dubious legality.

DICKS enters the Specter Gym accompanied by Fearow.

"So are you just going to be living inside me now," the car's computer asks the spider.
>>
>>24601478

Ariados lifts its shades, cocking the car an incredulous set of eyes."What does it look like?" it replied. "You're way swanker than my last pad. And you have music, too."

"Do you know how hard it is to get good music in the middle of a jungle?"
>>
>>24601497
"Very easy if you're me."
>>
>>24601508

"Well, as we established, my last pad was not you. So to answer your question, yes, I think I will just spend the rest of my life chilling inside of you."
>>
>>24601515
"Just let me know before the spider eggs explode everywhere. I've seen this movie, I know it's coming."
>>
>>24601558

"I'm a male spider. I don't lay eggs."
>>
>>24601569
"How depressing."
>>
>>24601580

"Give it time. You'll be bursting with eggs before you know it."
>>
>>24601586
"If cars laid eggs the automotive industry would go out of business."
"Note to self: have PISSFACE troll automotive industry by inventing a car that lays eggs."
>>
>>24601478
Meanwhile...
"So what happened around here? The island seems less grim," DICKS asks while he and the freaky ghost lady are in the midst of their rematch. He's got his new Electrode and Venomoth out for some training.

>Combat in the background
>>
>>24601642

"The spirits have left the island" the gym leader replied. "I can no longer sense their presence. They have moved on to their eternal rest, and with their presence gone, the island will return to how it was before in time."

>>
>>24601657
"Was that the 'they' you were talking about?"

>>
>>24601667

"Indeed. They are finally at peace."

>>
>>24601676
"You gonna stick around once the people start coming back?"

>Dancing mothballs in the background
>>
>>24601687

"I see no reason not to. I'm still the gym leader of this island, and I'll continue to do my duty here until I'm relieved of my post."

>Stuff happening in the background
>>
>>24601696
"Just seems like the kinda place someone goes if they wanna get away from people."

>Fairy mischief in the background
>>
File: 1405967736339.jpg (142 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
1405967736339.jpg
142 KB, 598x800
>>
File: 1269901610978.png (231 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1269901610978.png
231 KB, 600x700
>>
File: 1313878417005.jpg (216 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1313878417005.jpg
216 KB, 480x600
>>
>>24603524
Cute
>>
File: 44210527.png (101 KB, 1080x1626) Image search: [Google]
44210527.png
101 KB, 1080x1626
>>24606941
Did Team Rocket stuffed him so much he came out as a fatlard?
>>
>>24609291
Who knows?
>>
>>24609291
We can neither confirm nor deny that
>>
File: 1437091189338.png (317 KB, 599x846) Image search: [Google]
1437091189338.png
317 KB, 599x846
>>
File: 41534748_p0.jpg (724 KB, 709x1041) Image search: [Google]
41534748_p0.jpg
724 KB, 709x1041
>>
File: 49236806_p1.png (277 KB, 478x700) Image search: [Google]
49236806_p1.png
277 KB, 478x700
>>
>>24611406
That always means yes
>>
>>24546802

The morning sun broke over the hills of Iwo Jima, bathing the island in its warm golden glow. All about the island, the ubiquitous masses of Slugma awoke, rousing from their burrows in the tunnels of Mount Suribachi to begin the day anew.

Adrian would awake to find that the Magcargo from the night before had vanished, leaving behind a trail of low blue flames no more than three hours old, tracing its path from the tent up to the peaks of Suribachi.

Seems Adrian won't have to go looking now for a way up the mountain.
>>
>>24621833
Adrian yawned, stretching a bit as he exited the tent after gathering up his things.

'That was surprisingly nice for camping.'

After seeing just how far up the mountain the trail seemed to go, Adrian grinned and headed off upwards. If anything knew the way into deeper tunnels it would be a Magcargo.
>>
>>24621862

And Magcargo did indeed know the way. The trail of fire crossed the island's plains and over its hills and valleys, a thin, winding trail of flame that snaked this way and that; it at once had no clear path, and yet so obviously led up into the mountain's reaches that it would be foolish not to follow it.

At the foot of Suribachi, the air began to grow hot, just by a little bit. Clustered around a mass of short, leafless trees were a family of young Slugma, idling about as a mother Magcargo some yards away scavenged through the dirt for sustenance.

And beyond than that, rising high, was Suribachi. Smoke rose from the mountain's peak in short black puffs, and the earth seemed to give off vague rumblings. But, we must climb now.
>>
>>24601716

"Oh no, I like people just fine" the gym leader replied. "But, when you're grown accustomed to communing with the spirit world, it tends to lead you to more secluded places, places people don't normally go."

"But now that I don't hear them anymore, I'll finally be able to socialize with regular, living humans again."
>>
>>24621901
"Will the Pokemon around here be alright? A lot of 'em are types that don't mesh well with people."
>>
>>24621920

"The Jellicent will be removed once Lady Sanae's renovation efforts get underway, and the Toxicroak will likely move on to another place to live." On the whole, this island will find itself in much better shape now that the spirits are gone."
>>
>>24621893
And so he followed, walking and walking in search of the end of this little trail.

Of course, he wasn't adverse to stops along the way either, and being a Rocket, Adrian didn't much mind if he broke up a family over a rare find.

What kind of Slugma and Magcargo are we talking?
>>
>>24621933
"Where's she moving them to?"
>>
>>24621939

Here's a handy protip that I shouldn't be sharing with you, but will anyway- There are no "shiny" Magcargo to be found on Iwo Jima. If you see one that's purple, it's guaranteed to be a delta, while a regular Magcargo will always be red.

The family you see here is red. You'll have your chance to catch a delta, but this is not that chance. That chance lies deep in Suribachi's tunnels, deep within the buzzing hive of flame the creatures have erected for themselves over the decades.
>>
>>24621977

"I'm not entirely sure. When I looked over her plans for renovation, it only said that she was planning on moving them, but it never specified where they'd be moved to."
>>
>>24621986
Well then they're safe this time.

Adrian will continue on towards the end of the trail, wondering just how deep the gym would be underneath the island.
>>
>>24621989
"Hm, well, there's plenty of ocean out there I guess?" DICKS shrugs, as the battle nears its close.

"I think that weird Toxicroak already left. Looking for its precious treasure it sounded like. Do you know what that treasure might be?"

>Evens/odds for match turnout
>>
>>24622009

"A Toxic Orb, I think. Another trainer came by not too long after you left. Seems his Gengar had picked the thing up. It's probably gone to follow him."
>>
>>24621995

Deep, yes, but not underground, for the tunnels of Suribachi stretch only throughout the lengths of the mountain itself. I wish I could conjure the words to describe it to you, but I simply cannot at the moment. You'll just have to venture inside for yourself.

The gym is not to be found in the tunnels that the Japanese carved, I feel I must warn you, but in a new tunnel system carved by the island's only indigenous pokemon species. Stretching deep into the mountain's heart it reaches, until you find yourself wreathed in flame. When all that crosses your vision is the swarming throng of Slugma and Magcargo, then you will have found the gym.
>>
>>24622033
"Another trainer took it, huh?" DICKS stops as the gears begin turning in his head. There is an audible grinding noise and he squints his eyes.

"What'd he look like?"

DICKS returns his fainted Lickilicky, having lost the rematch.
>>
>>24622044

"I don't know" the gym leader replied as she recalled her victorious Gengar. "Sort of like..."

Using her hands in a series of wild, articulated gestures, she did her best to describe Adrian to the boy. "Sort of like that."
>>
>>24622049
DICKS taps his chin and thinks back. "Oh, him. He attacked me for no reason back on Guadalcanal and I wiped his Nidoking super hard. I think it got hurt pretty bad from the counter attack."
Something clicks.
"Wait. That earthquake! I thought I heard someone skulking around just before it happened, and I got trapped in there with that Toxicroak. He must have been trying to kill me! That means..." DICKS scowls in indignation.

"That asshole broke my phone!" Nice priorities, there, kiddo.
>>
>>24622069

DICKS' outburst brought the leader into laughter. "Sorry" she said, finally ceasing her mirth some minutes after the fact "But, the way you said that, it was just... I'm sorry. I couldn't help it."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.