[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemiibos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: Amiibo.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
Immagine the next Pokemon games will have Amiibo support.
How will it work?
what will the Amiibos look like?
Will they do Figures,Cards or both?

i could see them doing Amiibo Figures of both Pokemon and famous trainers/NPCs (released in Waves like in SSB)
The amiibos could unlock special Trainerbattles (possible for a new form of battle frontier) that will get harder after battling them multiple times (kinda like the smash bros amiibos) OR giving you special Pokemon with special attacks and/or good IVs etc.

im not a huge fan of the cards, but i could see it work even better, kinda like the pokemon tcg
>>
Holy shit if they released cards for all 722 or w/e Pikemon, especially if they did different forms, my bank account would be fucking WRECKED.

Idk what they'd do. Maybe give you extra dex info or unlock them in your dex as 'captured' if they weren't already. Fuck, I'd be cool if it just gave you that Pokemon, maybe with it's hidden ability or some guaranteed IVs or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1188x1343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1188x1343
>tfw your bromon won't be getting an amiibo figure
>>
I'm more supportive of amiibo chips being stored in regular TCG cards, as that's not too expensive to produce (from what I've seen regarding Amiibo figure production), and gives the cards another reason to sell.

I would, however, also be happy with regular figurine amiibos being made for Pokken. Pretty sure I'd go broke if Gardevoir and Suicune got their own official figures.
>>
>>24574186
and it makes rare cards even more expensive
>>
>>24574186
The cards would have to be made significantly thicker and more expensive to hold the chip. That's why Animal Crossing cards are like a buck each.
>>
>>24574301
NFC cards only take $1 to produce, so you're only looking at $2-3 more in retail costs if they go through with that plan.

Of course, if you're buying ALL your TGC cards Amiibo-fied, that's another problem in itself.
>>
>>24574314
the problem is, that depending on WHAT the cards do, they will skyrocket in price, because many more people WANT them
>>
>>24574314
Considering packs cost 4 dollars, that's a pretty steep increase. I think it would be better if there were just card Pokemon Amiibo that had nothing to do with the TCG, but occasionally got bundled with TCG products.
>>
>>24574328
>Considering packs cost 4 dollars, that's a pretty steep increase. I think it would be better if there were just card Pokemon Amiibo that had nothing to do with the TCG, but occasionally got bundled with TCG products.

True, that might be a more economical plan.

And thinking about the previous sales strats, since some people might view the Amiibo-fied cards as a jew move, I guess the producers can give them the option of buying them normal OR with the NFC card. Sorta like asking for protein or no protein in your fruits shake.
>>
>>24574137
what exactly would 722+ Pokemoncards actually do for the games? give you every pokemon?
>>
I'd actually be pretty happy if Pokemon Z gave you the option of using Smash-ified, more powerful versions of Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Greninja.
>>
>>24574355
There are lots of things you could do with them, like using them to link between main series games and spin-offs. For example, letting you keep a Pokemon on the card that you could use in either Mystery Dungeon or the main game. Maybe even make a training app for the WiiU that lets you train/play with whatever Pokemon you have in the card.
>>
>supporting this
physical dlc kikery
oy vey
>>
Figures would get exorbitantly expensive, so they'd have to pare it down to the most popular, which would limit whatever usefulness they might have. I think going with the amiibo cards would be the right way to go. Give us a starter set with the game consisting of the current starters and evolutions, plus a few regulars like Pikachu and Eevee, then release the rest in set packs. A starter set that has all the starters and evolutions, chunks of each region (10-15 a pack with wiggle room to make sure evolution lines aren't split up), Legendary packs for each game (Hoenn legends, Sinnoh Legends, etc.) and then a few Mega packs with the various megas in chunks. It would still cost a pretty penny to collect them all, but it would remove the randomized aspect that would make them a huge *waste* of money buying random packs only to get *another* fucking pidgey.

As far as benefits? Paying real money for these things I'd expect something decent. Giving you the pokemon itself would be nice, plus making it easier for new players (or people who haven't played for a long time) to get and use their favorites. On the other hand, getting legends off the bat could be broken unless they're locked at level 50 so you can't really use them until the end of the game anyway. It'd be a nice way to make those event only pokemon more widely available too. Extra perk if they have a chance to have the hidden ability since those seem to be easier to come by now anyway. Mega cards give the mega stone. That's about the only thing I can see them being really useful for. Any other benefit would be too little to bother collecting all of them really. If it was just a little money, or pokeballs or random berries then nobody would bother. Having a physical collection of cards that can be scanned to receive the pokemon with a chance at HA is a good bonus without being OP. No guaranteed Nature, ivs or egg moves, so it won't break the game even as bad as Bank. Seems like a solid idea to me.
>>
>>24574371
they could simply release trainer amiibo (card)s for this

amiibo card for specific Pokemon would make me think, that you would get that Pokemon (which would be ok for some pokemon like starters or in-game pokemon, but not for event pokemon)

>24574381
i think its fine as long as you dont actually NEED them
its more expensive than normal DLC, but the amiibos still look great and are woth the money imo
>>
i would prefer 6 well made amiibo figures over 700+ well drawn cards
>>
>>24574031
wouldnt it be nice if we had trainer amiibos that would copy our way of battling and "produce" a trainer that can be used as partner or opponent in (online) battles?
>>
>>24574526
That sounds like it'd have a limited and gimmicky usefulness. Fighting against yourself would be a fun novelty but only a couple of times really unless you're a complete autist and want to constantly play against yourself and improve your weakpoints or some shit like that.

Now, if the new games included some kind of "Partner Park" where it was all double battles with a partner and you could choose an existing character or an amiibo copy of yourself/a generic partner then that might have some merit. Train your Amiibo partner in certain tactics with a certain team, and set yourself up to compliment that and you could have a lot of fun with it. Again, though, that could have limited usefulness and could get old after a while of fighting double where you only control half the battle.
>>
>>24574587
you could make your trained Amiibo NPCs battle against other Amiibo NPCs

its still a gimmick, but i would kinda like it (like the one factory in the emerald battle frontier)
>>
>>24574680
my idea on how it could work:

a Bug catcher Amiibo would start with weak bugs like caterpie and weedle, but the more you battle him the stronger he gets. he could change his team depending on how you would battle against him (You like stall? the amiibo will use good stallbreakers)

the Possible Pokemon would depent on what trainerclass the amiibo is based on ( a bug catcher will most likely have many Bugs, but a huge variety of different Pokemon, an ace trainer will most likely have Pseudo legendaries, but only a limited variety etc)
>>
>>24574163
megabro wont get an amiibo
:(
>>
Gen VII TCG will use NFC cards
>>
>>24574436
This

Basically handle them like Kid Icarus AR cards. A pack of cards in the game box to encourage people to buy more, and with the rest obtainable through booster packs.
>>
Pokken is in all likelihood going to have amiibo support considering there are already amiibo for Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario and Mewtwo. Greninja is a shoe-in for console release.

From there everyone would buy amiibo of Gardevoir. Suicune, Gengar, Blaziken and Weavile are popular enough to where their amiibo would be worth it.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 245x206
>amiibos
>>
>>24574031
it could be how they implement the new fusion merge bond hybrid pseudo mega bro love bond 007 mons
>>
Pokemon doesn't need amiibos. It's bad enough Nintendo is Jewing people already with the other ones.
>>
Tap the Amiibo to Mega Evolve without having to hold the stone.
>>
>>24574031
They'd make a killing.

I'd hope they go with figures, and that those figures function similarly to Nintendo's amiibos. The more games that support them the more value consumers get, since each one now has multiple purposes.

As for what they do, I imagine that they could easily function similarly to Hyrule Warriors amiibos. Tap them in once a day/week/month (Whichever is more balanced), and recieve a gift. Sometimes its an egg (for Pokemon ranging from extremely common to rare or otherwise version exclusive), sometimes its a good item, or a large number of meh items (20 potions or something), sometimes it starts a special battle against a rare pokemon (or one with rare abilities/moves), and sometimes its a trainer battle with some gimick (leveled for your current ingame progress, so kiddos just starting out aren't facing mid to late game trainers). The more amiibos you get, the better your odds of getting a good reward by virtue of numbers, but they are in no way necessary to complete the game.

It would probably be best if they didn't create 700 unique figures right off the bat. Maybe a few megas (that have a high probability of granting a megastone/pokemon with a megastone), fan favorites, and a few oddballs that don't get much love (and would make cool figs).
>>
I thought the Trading Figure Game didn't do so well
>>
>>24577405
yeah but amiibos are still huge, they have like 4 smash characters left, they need something to fill that in, what better than Pokemon, make a load of fan favourites, then make the rest into cards, simple as
>>
>>24577405
There were a lot of reasons for that. One of the biggest was the stupid-ass way they were packaged in the states. Every random figure came in a pack with one of 6 pre-determined figures, so you could only buy 6 packs before getting duplicates.
>>
File: 1445824514637.jpg (9 KB, 440x200) Image search: [Google]
1445824514637.jpg
9 KB, 440x200
>honestly contemplated on importing a Mewtwo amiibo from Moonland
>talked myself out of it because Pokemon amiibo have the least support in games
>ended up getting Famicom ROB instead

Mainly GameFreq's fault, but still
>>
If done well, it could be great.

>Use the figurines to get mon in your PC, so you can get your favourite mon early and box your starter quicker

>Use it to unlock human companions that follow along, and give you aid in some way, for example boosting money or exp earned, healing a status condition, or restoring a slight amont of health to one mon, every hour or something

The figurines feature shouldn't lock out anything we've had in previous games though, and there shouldn't be any mon that are exclusive to the MiiBoo figurines... unless its a new legendary or something.
>>
>>24577699
making amiibos to unlock Event mons would actually be bad for GF.... sure, they would make money, but they would make more mpney and it wouldnt piss off the players

i mean, there is a reason why many event mons are exclusive to specific stores

>>24575677
its almost like they are a company that wants to make money, right?
>>
>>24574031
>im not a huge fan of the cards, but i could see it work even better, kinda like the pokemon tcg

They tried that before and it was shit.
>>
>>24574355
special perks for specific pokemon maybe?

you can store a poke into it, and maybe even give it special moves or something.
>>
>>24578635

That's only because the e-Reader was hot garbage outside of Japan.
>>
>>24578635
Animal Crossing cards were a huge success in Japan though.
>>
There were these
>>
File: Pokemon Rumble U NFC.jpg (453 KB, 1600x885) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Rumble U NFC.jpg
453 KB, 1600x885
>>24582339
forgot pic
>>
>>24582345
If people think Amiibo stocks are bad, they've never seen these things. Most gamestops got one box in, which a single guy usually bought within a few hours of the store opening. Then they never restocked.
>>
File: picture073.jpg (185 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
picture073.jpg
185 KB, 800x1280
>>24582359
>Most gamestops got one box in, which a single guy usually bought within a few hours of the store opening
Sorry, I was that guy

>Then they never restocked.
And because of it, they sell for $20 each on ebay.
$3000 bucks selling the extra when they got discontinue.
>>
File: Mewtwo_NFC.png (33 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo_NFC.png
33 KB, 180x180
>>24582345
Don't remind me, I'm still mad I never got one when they were cheap.

>Then they never restocked.
Fucking Nintendo, these were worst then Amiibo, I had to paid $30 bucks for a Mewtwo.

>>24582685
>Sorry, I was that guy
Fuck you
Why must you mock me.
>>
File: Shiny Eevee U.jpg (311 KB, 1522x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Eevee U.jpg
311 KB, 1522x1600
>>24582359
blind packaging with shiny variants is the best thing.
>>
>>24574031
>Immagine the next Pokemon games will have Amiibo support.
Greetings, Trainer! I am Oak! And I am here to take you on a great journey! Welcome to the Pokemon World.

The evil Team Flare has built the most devastating weapon yet: The Ultimate Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction. It is up to you, trainer, to rid this evil once and for all.

But first, are you a boy or a girl?
>>
I really think Amiibos will only be used on Pokemon spin offs rather than mainline games.
>yfw they announce a potion amiibo that gives you 200 POTIONS when scanned
>>
>>24582932
You lucky bastard
I wasn't able to get none of the shiny ones
>>
there goes my wallet
>>
>>24574031
>tfw never got Charizard or Greninja
>>
>>24585549
You're not looking hard enough then, I find Charizards all over the place and Greninja restocks are pretty common.
>>
>>24585651
Not in Europe. One store has one Charizard, and most online stores are fresh out of Greninja.

Not to mention that they are 20€ here
>>
>>24585702
That sucks. Importing from US or Japan not an option for you?
>>
File: 1443475377166.gif (1 MB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
1443475377166.gif
1 MB, 500x506
>>24582932
Where can I get one of these.
I'll kill for a shiny Eevee
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.