[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vp/, I'm planning to build a team around Mega Beedrill,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 12243545232.png (229 KB, 817x977) Image search: [Google]
12243545232.png
229 KB, 817x977
Hey /vp/, I'm planning to build a team around Mega Beedrill, its a Mega I've been wanting to use for a long time, so I wanted to ask for possible team mates. I'm asking here because I don't want to use the very same thing everyone else uses (Rotom-W, Garchomp, Smogonbird, etc). So... Any suggestions for a interesting team?
>>
Not really "interesting" but anything that could set up hazards and something that can rapid spin
>>
>>23322789
Beedrill's worst enemy is priority attacks and sneaky pebbles so a rapid spinner / defogger is pretty great to have because you could be U-turning a lot. Not much you can do for priority attacks besides purely taking them out, but if you get rid of those checks Beedrill is practically unstoppable as long as it doesn't get hit.
>>
>>23322838
Like Donphan?
>>
>>23322846
>Donphan

GTFO, there is now reason to use him over excadrill. Priority ice shard is weak on it.
>>
>>23322846
In today's meta, Donphan is shit. Really shit.
>>
You need something that can rek Steel types, since they wall your STABs hard and Drill Run is not liable to OHKO. Beedrill doesn't take hits. It needs to OHKO. Magneton would be a good friend.
>>
You could use Beedrill in UU. All the things it goes good with are decent in UU.

Use a defogger since you probably don't need hazards up on your side. I'd go with Flygon if you go the UU route, since it resists or is immune to all of them. If you insist upon playing OU, use Latios.

Bisharp is your worst nightmare in OU, since it has both priority and gets a boost from when you defog (due to Defiant). Pack along a Bisharp counter. Best Bisharp Killers that aren't megas are Conkeldurr and Terrakion. Scarf Terrakion would fit your team nicely since Beedrill means you're already going the hyper offense route.

I know everybody uses it, but Scarf Landorus-T would fit your team really well. So would Scarf Magnet Pull Magnezone (for trapping Ferrothorns and Skarmories). For Magnezone, be sure to run Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Fire (To kill Ferrothorn), Volt Switch, and Flash Cannon.

Considering this is starting to look like a hardcore scarf-volt-turn team, you might want to consider using two things that can get rid of hazards. Starmie is the fastest Rapid Spinner, and does all right on the offense with a Life Orb. Starmie has godly coverage too, you can just give it whatever coverage moves you need to fill in any holes in the team, kinda like a really ghetto Greninja but with Rapid Spin.

Good luck, brave bug user!
>>
>>23322955
Wow Anon that was extremely useful, thanks!
>>
>>23322955
why the fuck would you ever use defog on beedrill
>>
>>23322789
You could also go doubles with
clefable@sitrus
bold-unaware
244hp/164def/28spa/68spdef
Follow me-ice beam- helping hand-protect

Mienshao-standard spread, quick and wide guard, fake out, and high jump kick

Milotec@assvest
competitive-modest
252 hp/212 def/ 36spa/ 4spe
Scald,icebeam,icy wind, dragontail

Arcanine@rocky helmet or lefties
bold-intimidate
252hp/ 144 def/36 spat/ 76 spe
protect/ wow/ flamethrower/ snarl

Aerodactal- standard spread
unnerve-jolly
Taunt-tailwind-protect-rock slide

Doubles make it a bit easier to support the main buge, but it also increases the pressure too. If you need explinations i can give them
>>
>>23323096
Forgot to mention that hazards are nonexistant in doubles format, so removal slot is no lobger neccesarry
>>
Once used M-Beedrill in OU format. My opponent lost his Ferrothorn early and it just shit on the rest of his team. Even without being able to clear entry hazards.

Though my team was kinda garbage, just needed Mamoswine and Ferro out of the way for the bee run through.
>>
>>23322789
I think it's in your best interest to do bring some common things (I had in mind Heatran, since it directly covers the Psychic, Fire, and Flying weaknesses). But if you want to go unique, here are some cool things:

- Defensive Hydreigon for Psychic (barring Dazzling Gleam mons) and Fire. It gets U-Turn and Roost, and can scare with Draco, Dark Pulse, etc. A slow U-Turn helps it go back into Bee.

- Claydol for hazard control. Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, rest are a toss-up between screens and Earth Power and Ice Beam. Ice is particularly great for confronting Lando-I which Clay typically walls.

- Furfrou is a great general wall, and can generally beat anything 1v1 if said thing can be beaten by Toxic. It also gets U-Turn, to help you pivot back into Bee.

- Defensive Xatu is a good anti-lead and stops things like Ferrothorn in their tracks. It gets U-Turn and Heat Wave (and Psychic so Keldeo doesn't joke you off), but it depends on how you'd like to run the team to decide the moveset.

- Celebi is a cleric and status absorber. Use it to beat Keldeo, Rotom-W, etc.
>>
>>23322789
A rapid spinner and something to deal with Smogonbird is all you need.

I also recommend adding a Volt Switcher so you can play around with the Volt-Turn combo.
>>
>>23323095
dumbass, you use a defogger on the same team as beedrill
>>
>>23323147
Those are some nice suggestions as well, I like'em. Gonna try them out! Thanks.
>>
>>23323096
No love for dubs
>>
>>23323095
hes talking about flygon
>>
File: beedrill-mega.jpg (37 KB, 294x320) Image search: [Google]
beedrill-mega.jpg
37 KB, 294x320
It breaks my heart to see you guys talk of mega beedrill and without any clear goal in mind when team building.

Mega Beedrill has high offenses and weak defenses. As such it is a glass cannon. Unlike other cannons like Sharpedo and Rhampardos, Beedrill lacks the ball breaking force and sports unusual offensive typing and support moves. Combine this with its high speed stat and you have a scout revenge killer.

My Beedrill

No.15 (Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 88 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Use knock if you feel a switch, uturn for max potential. Poison jab is main attack for power.

http://pastebin.com/6uqT3Txk Take my team, I dont need it anymore every since mega mence died and OU reached a stagnant peak of unoriginality.

Change it up if you want but main problems

Gliscor
Clefable+ Steel
Sabeleye+Calm Mind
Dragonite/Diggersby + Priority

Further info explained on pastebin. Godspeed Mega Beedrill.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-208804881 Never Forget
>>
>>23326418
Not OP but I appreciate your dedication to the bee. Good looking out, anon.
>>
i made a hyper offense
Volt turn team with mega beedrill

raikou hydreigon and mega beedrill is a good core
then i had rotom heat Scizor and gliscor
>>
Mega Beedrill user here, curious question here,

Can you run brick brake on It for stuff like breaking screens?
>>
>>23326635
brick break for dual screens on mega beedrill?

Its movepool has so many options, brick break wouldnt be ideal. A defog user would be better since it gets rid of screens anyway. Knock off handles eviolite while drill run handles fire,steel,poison,rock types. Brick break just handles dark,steel,rock,normal types. It wouldnt be ideal for the bee.
>>
>>23326635
>Can you run brick brake on It for stuff like breaking screens?
Brick Break is awful don't use it

Beedrill literally only has 5 moves you want to use, them being Uturn, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Drill Run and Protect
>>
>>23328439
dont forget toxic spikes, pursuit, feel stinger, endeavor if you want to get kinky with the is opponent switching. but why use a move slot for those moves?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.