[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ideas for spin-off games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: 130px-ORAS_Pokémon_Breeder_M.png (52 KB, 130x289) Image search: [Google]
130px-ORAS_Pokémon_Breeder_M.png
52 KB, 130x289
I saw a thread the other day about coming up with ideas for spin off games, but it 404'd recently.

Anyway. like the subject, shoot your ideas for spin off games, whatever it is. let your autism run wild to organize things for hours on end, to perfect and explain what have you.

My idea for a Spin-Off would be like a PokemonxHarvestMoon game where you play as a breeder/rancher.

Raise farm animals like Mareep, Miltanks, Torchics and Blazikens. collect eggs, wool, and milk to sell
Grow crops, flowers and berries. you can sell the crops and berries but also transfer grown items to mainline pokemon games
Expand your farm using money you get selling resources
Raise Ponyta and Rapidash to travel around the region (probably kalos) and to herd your Pokemon with a Herdier
Charm ladies/men and build relationships with other trainers in the game
Transfer pokemon from your main games to this game to breed and raise the perfect pokemon (IV, shiny, nature, whatnot determined by how hard you work with the pokemon breed) and transfer them back if you want.
Protect your farm from burglars by battling with the pokemon you have on your farm

that's my shitty idea.
>>
>Nintendogs: Pokemon Edition

You get a bunch of cutemons (Like first stage starters and the eevee) and then take Amie to the next fucking level and make it adorable and make literally all of the money.
>>
>>23135858
that would be cool. its like a next gen pokewalker/tamagotchi
>>
>>23135850
Breeding is fairly central to Pokemon franchise, but the mechanic will never be developed beyond Bicycle Simulator 2015 as long as it's stays a purely optional and heck esoteric mess in the main games. Getting the full breeder experience and then actually being able to use the pokemon you raise on the main cart is a pretty good idea!

Expand Friend Safari and give everybody a few randomly selected pokemon to breed, maybe.
>>
Animal Crossing x Pokémon
>>
>>23135850
a game similar to the main series but you advance by earning contest ribbons
>>
>>23136029
I wish they would just make it an option in the beginning of the game.
>>
Some free roaming game where you play as Mewtwo and do psychic stuff. You solve puzzles using either your psychic powers or mind controlling humans and other Pokémon around that place. Some kind of mix between Pokémon Ranger and Ghost Trick.
>>
Take Pokemon, set it in the old west/far future/post-apocalyptia/IN SPACE/zombie apocalypse/preschool/etc.
>>
File: 1399525429746.jpg (42 KB, 650x475) Image search: [Google]
1399525429746.jpg
42 KB, 650x475
A game where you travel around and actually have a more in-depth observation with pokemon like a free-roaming documentary, optional thing of if you catch them, then you have a place where you study and observe them rather than let them sit in a box. One of the most interesting things about pokemon to me when I was a kid was the fact that you always had some new and interesting entries in the pokedex on pokemon depending on the games, just like you were learning something new about a specific animal, now they're just lazy and copy+pasted and part of the fun of 'catching them all' just began to lose its rewards.
>>
File: pokemon-generation-zero.jpg (86 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-generation-zero.jpg
86 KB, 600x506
>>23136184
I imagined something like this, just not having to sketch everything. just a journey into nature.
>>
>>23136051
i wish gf wouldn't pretend making 'movies' was an acceptable alternative
>>
File: looker here.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
looker here.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>Pokemon: The Looker Files
- Play as Looker in a new region on behalf of the International Police to solve a mystery.
- Mix of play styles from Professor Layton and Hotel Dusk.
- The International Police give Looker a Herdier as an investigation partner, unfriendly at the start but as your rep with the Herdier grows it will evolve into a Stoutland.
- Use pokemon moves like Odor Sleuth to find clues in game.
>>
File: 1350037486599.gif (1 MB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1350037486599.gif
1 MB, 440x440
>Ancient civilization game. Based in Kalos, Unova, or Hoenn.
>Starter is Golett or Baltoy depending on the region
>No Poke Balls, TMs, or most other modern conveniences. All Pokemon follow in the overworld, though this can be aesthetically simplified to just the trainer if players want to.
>Pokemon have to be caught and tamed the hard way
>Failure to feed them or show them enough affection will result in disobedience and potentially ditching you
>The only exceptions are Golett, Baltoy, and other synthetic Pokemon programmed to obey and not need normal sustenance
>There are consequences based on the size and danger of Pokemon. Pokemon that are too big can't enter caves and buildings, while very intimidating/violent Pokemon or full parties are likely to cause trouble with NPCs and city guards.
>Trainers themselves are combatants, and must hone their bodies to impress and personally train with their Pokemon like Drayden.

>Plot revolves around the Unova civil war, the Kalos war with another region, or the Primals going wild in Hoenn and decimating its ecosystem.
>The founders of Unova/N's ancestor, young AZ and his brother, and the ancient Draconids are all potential characters encountered.
>>
>>23136900
I don't even think GF sees that movie as cannon anymore
>>
>the year is 2017 and Pokearth is going down the drain
>people and pokemon are all going crazy
>you are the commander of an organization created by all regions in order to get to the bottom of all this
>game plays like a turn based ranger, but you control 6 "rangers"
>you have to equip your units with items and pokemon to make them more effective
>all of them have specialities like stealth, asault, long range attacks, ect.
>quests are things like assaulting evil team lairs, calming down legends going haywire, stoping people destroying cites using pokemon, and things like that
>cause too much noise and people will see something is going on
Basically like XCOM with Pokemon, but I think it would be fun.
>>
>>23137512
Gameplay sounds fun. Idk about the specifics of the year and the vagueness of the conflict, but it still sounds fun.
>>
>>23137042
this could easily be a downloadable game GF works on to float its fans to the next mainline games
>>
Pokemon Dimensions
18 Dimensions (each stage specializes in a type )
Each Dimension has a Legendary Boss except Poison which is (Mega Gengar and Mega BeeDrill)
Starter - Level 5 Arceus
Goal is to all collect Arceus's plates from each Dimension
>>
>>23135879
>pokewalker
>being anything close to tamagotchi or Amie
What are you on nigger?
>>
>>23137713
not as in pokewalker = tamagotchi
i think it would be to have a pokewalker like item on the side like tamagotchi thats an expanded Amie
>>
>>23137539
>Looker is in RGY as the police guy on the S.S.Anne
>Pokemon anniversary coming up
>Follow looker through a 3D (but limited Kanto)
>end the game by escaping the S.S.Anne
>>
>>23137802
I would have a genwungasm from that lore
>>
>Pokemon: The League

Start the game as a Trainer up for recognition by your League to open up your gym. Choose your type and get a Lv 10 starter at the beginning based on your type.

Have to travel the region and be an understudy to the established leaders. Some ask you to complete tasks, save people or just want to test your battle strength.

Throughout the game you can get decorations and traps for your gym. You can recruit some NPCs to be trainers in your gym. Completing tasks for the other Leaders gives you pieces to customize your own badge.

End of the game has you set up in your new gym as a brand new trainer steps up to challenge you.
>>
>>23137960
i've dreamed of something like this since I was a kid.

Also; a game where you get to play as team rocket or whatever would be fun too.
>>
>The Lavender Town Mystery

You play as a Pokemon Professor sent by the League to investigate the mysterious gathering of Ghost Pokemon from every region/gen in Lavender Town.

Gameplay is similar to Fatal Frame/Project Zero where you use the Silph Scope and pokeballs to defeat the Ghost pokemon.
>>
>>23138035
that should be a mission in the next Pokemon Snap
it'll happen someday ;-;
>>
>>23138052
tears in the rain
>>
>>23138052
There's always that one post about Pokemon Snap 2...
I would FUCKING love a Pokemon Snap 2 to be a VR game, but I know it'll never happen.
>>
>>23138052
>>23138106

If there ever was a ghost hunting mission in a new Pokemon Snap there should also be a fashion week / pokemon contest mission.
>>
>>23138106
I don't give a shit if they never bring back todd, but a pokemon game with some creepy missions like from >>23138035 would be amazing. they have the technology.
Someone send letters to Sakurai. I'd pray for an arcade version, but Baby steps.
>>
>>23138135
>Pokemon Snap 2 becomes a thing
>It's only playable in one specific arcade in the middle of Nowhere
>>
>>23137960
>be gym leader
>connect to the internet
>other gym leaders and trainers from the main games (XY/ORAS) who have beaten the league send their teams to fight you
>high win streak = battle points (maybe reputation system so that people can see if you are a good gym leader and decide to fight an actual battle)
>>
>>23138250
>be electric gym leader
>people only send Ground type pokemon to your gym
>forced to run air balloons flying/levitate mons
Its like the game, but doesn't sound as fun.
>>
>>23137219
I am Impeccable Taste Guy and I approve of this very much.
>>
>>23135850
>A game where you catch and collect pokemon to help expand and protect a new town.
>Puzzle based gameplay, dungeon crawling, non-pokemon enemies you beat up with pokemon.
>all pokemon out in battle, possibly using a Fire Emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics battle style.
>Overarching plot that is discovered through but not linked to expanding and improving your base town.

PokePioneer.
>>
>>23138326
I like this but didn't they use the FE/FFT style in conquest?
>>
>>23138250
>Online battle rankings, players get your badges from victory.
>More wins you have the more "badges" a player must have to challenge you.
>>
The ol' "You're a gym leader game" game that every elementary student kid wants.

I'd imagine that you have to start the game as the first gym and after facing challengers, make it until you're an E4 member/the champion.
>>
>>23138491
if they want to make it completely overkill they could add a regional ranking (North America as one region for example) and make the highest ranked gym leaders battle for elite 4
elite 4 have their own gym where everyone can battle their AI / they can battle other AI
elite 4 can only be challenged with 16 badges (not 8 because there would be far too many players and getting badges will be easy enough)
elite 4 only fight online fights no AI vs Player
"Champions" of each region get 6 ribbons for each party member (used during the last battle unless team is locked for E4 battles) and a special note on their trainer pass
>>
>>23136051
It would be cool to have multiple campaigns throughout your playthrough.

>gym challenge
The usual eight gyms and elite four.

>contest challenge
You have to win 4-6 ribbons in different contest halls (found in towns/cities throughout the region). Contests consist of an appeal (use the touch screen to create beautiful displays with moves) and a battle against other contestants,

You then enter a Grand Festival towards the end of the game, competing against tough AI opponents. Many rival trainers in the GF will be familiar to you from previous Contests.

>pokeathlon
Basically like in HGSS, but events are distributed through the different towns and cities. You have to collect 10 medals in order to compete in the Pokelympics tournament at the end of the game with your decorated pokemon.

Berries and items improve pokemon stats, while "training" games improve different stats too.
>>
File: missingno_b.png (23 KB, 432x768) Image search: [Google]
missingno_b.png
23 KB, 432x768
Pokemon Team Admin
Take control of or create your own criminal pokemon organization starting with a few local thugs in the starting town/region of your choice.

You choose the typing theme of your crew(options expand with badges) and send out your goons to steal money and mons to fund buying stronger mons(rather than training them) or starting cover businesses. This would work like sending minions into the world ala Evil genius

In order to expand the strength of your forces you take on the gym leaders and supplant them with your own men so your grunts can rank up increasing the number of pokes/type variety they can have.

Secret bases expanded to evil HQ's that must be defended from roaming jenny's and eventually the elite four/champion himself.

You can recruit mooks with dosh but if you want quality minions/lieutenants you must go challenge NPC trainers and recruit them with threats/bribery once you've beaten them. Or once a mook does something special like beating a jenny.
>>
>>23138602
>Choose the path of the trainer and test your strength against the Pokemon League.

>Take the role of a coordinator and showcase your talents in the Pokemon Contests.

>Train your body as an athlete and compete against for the glory of the Pokeathlon.
>>
>>23138602
throw in *insert team name* campaign where you follow orders, take on missions, move up in rankings, and other baddy things
>>
>>23135850
Pokemon Pro Skater
You can only catch pokemon by doing sicknasty stunts
>>
>Pokemon Primal

Play as a pokemon archaeologist studying prehistoric pokemon.
- - maybe have Sandshrew as a starter - -

Hub world is similar to the Underground from D/P/Pl

Time travel (via Celebi?) to the past and get to capture and battle prehistoric/primal pokemon in the wild.
>>
>>23138843
this would be great if there were enough fossil pokemon. other than that I think it would be rather close to fossil fighters
>>
>>23138856
Well ideally there'd be fossil pokemon introduced for the game.

Also I feel that Rock/Ground types plus pokemon based on reptiles and fish (ie Relicanth) would be existent while pokemon that are based on mammals would be extremely rare and man-made/influenced wouldn't exist at all.
>>
>>23138843
Time travel and pokemon just seems to be a good idea in general... pity Pokemon 4Ever ruined it for me.
>>
Gender free of choice dating sim featuring pokegirls and boys, Special features: You can date your mon or go on double dates with your mon and his/her/it partner, You can seduce other trainer mons and make them run away to you if you take responsability. Lewd is allowed

I know more than one bastard here would buy and play the shit out of it.
>>
>>23139087
someone should make this.
Aroma lady plz
>>
>>23139087
I dunno anon, I don't think Nintendo would let that be developed, let alone get to the market with their seal of approval. You're best off just modding Pokemon Channel to make it into Pikachu getting all the ladies.
>>
File: 1427707066515.jpg (174 KB, 650x607) Image search: [Google]
1427707066515.jpg
174 KB, 650x607
>>23135850
>Raise farm animals like Mareep, Miltanks, Torchics and Blazikens. collect eggs, wool, and milk to sell
I know where to start.
>>
>>23141466
wow, finland must have the strongest bones.
>>
File: 10533778.png (64 KB, 478x480) Image search: [Google]
10533778.png
64 KB, 478x480
-All attacks become chips and function using the same rules.
-Abilities, EVs, and natures now become programs for the PokeCust.
-Stats are mostly used the same, but speed now dictates how fast or sluggish the Pokemon is about moving from panel to panel.
>>
>>23142373
Is this an actual fan game in the pic?
>>
I've always wanted a game where you choose what you want to be.
A trainer, breeder, ranger, or doing contests (idk what its called) and game play changes depending on it. Like an RPG where you make your own character with their own class. Kinda like a rune factoryesque
>>
>>23135850
sounds like a fun idea, i'd love to raise some gogoats and ram rivaling farms
>>
I always thought the concept of Pokemon Channel and Hey You Pikachu were worth trying again. Take another pokemon or even a group of pokemon and have your player character go through basic point-and-click adventures that will keep small children engaged.
>>
A game where you pick a pokemon to play as, and then just run around in the wild doing pokemon things.
No real objective.
No real consequences.
>>
>>23142316
nah. milk dosen't include other dairy products like cheese or yogurt.
>>
>>23142373

Expanding further:

-Legendaries become the equivalent of navi chips. 660 or less BST is a mega chip, while 670 or more is a giga chip. The only exception is Regigigas, which is just a normal summoning chip which doesn't freeze time.
-Any compatible ability can be used in the PokeCust, but the more you equip the less space you have for EV and nature programs.
-"Compatible" either means abilities the Pokemon would normally get in the games, or abilities which have been colorized by type. In the case of the latter, primary type dictates compatibility so dual type Pokemon aren't inherently superior. Or maybe they can only use one secondary type ability. This part is gonna need lots of thought and balancing put into it.
-Mega Evolution is now a program which takes up a lot of space in the PokeCust, and is activated like Beast Out in BN6.
-Normally lackluster terrain moves are now very important in this game, as their effects are indefinite unless destroyed by an attack or ability.
-Not sure how to widely implement Styles and Crosses aside from Pokemon with forms. Maybe Nature programs could be scrapped in favor of incorporating them as Styles?
>>
>>23142994
this would probably be well suited for digimon
>>
I just want a 2D Platformer ( more close to Donkey Kong Country than Mario ) and at least once, I want Snorlax to be used as a spring/trampoline.
>>
>>23143426
maybe then the baby pokemon will have something to contribute to the franchise
>>
>>23143451
As canon fodder enemies?
>>
>>23135850
8.5/10
would fund development
>>
>>23143553
I honestly hoped he meant as a Kirby-esque playable character.
>>
>>23144188
that's what I was thinking.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.